• 55 results
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jayfournines

Following with the whole myth war thing. Who of these Gods would stomp the others? The champion of the Aesir, the Greek god of the Sun or the aztec Fourth Sun and god of war?

Thor

No Caption Provided

Apollo

No Caption Provided

Huitzilopochtli

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Almighty_Darkseid

mozi(chinese jesus) wins this

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Rumble Man

@Jayfournines: Huitzil gets a vote here

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayfournines

bump

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By justleader

@Jayfournines: appolo? depends which myth, one myth he is a sun god the other is he's a music and poetry god so which one is it?

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kingkronos

IIRC apollo from greek mythology is the god of sun, light, poetry, and music. Now that makes him above anyone in this battle.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayfournines

@justleader: Sun god

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By justleader

well apollo is the god of the Sun, music, medicine, healing, truth, prophecy, plague, poetry, education, archery, and the protection of the young so he wins

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

apollo

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By GTG12

Thor or apollo

mightyzeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mightyzeus

actually this is a very close fight thor is god of thunder, and Huitzilopochtli is the god of war, sun and human sacrifice and appolo god of sun and plagues, poetry

so this is how they rank:

1.apollo mostly due to his very important role in the olympian pantheon

2. Huitzilopochtli: god of war sun and human sacrifice>god of thunder

3.thor god of thunder

posterser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By posterser

My vote goes to apollo since he is the gods of many things and most notable the god of sun. And he really is very powerful in greek mythology

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

I'm going for Thor, because he has better feats. Apollo is actually powerful, but has shown not so much.

Once again, Aztec gods are multiple tiers below them.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By steelhound56

Thor is first

His scale of power is ridiculous, greater than Comic Thor, and second only to the AllFather Odin, who is described in Norse mythology as the most powerful and wisest of the Aesir.

Apollo is second. He's powerful, sure. And an important God of the Greek Pantheon, but his power is heavily implied, not actually shown. Feats> implication.

Huitzilopochtli is third. Aztec gods can't really compare to Gods in Norse Mythology and Greek mythology. The scales are quite a bit different.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By cameron83

i say thor

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShootingNova

@steelhound56 said:

Thor is first

His scale of power is ridiculous, greater than Comic Thor, and second only to the AllFather Odin, who is described in Norse mythology as the most powerful and wisest of the Aesir.

Apollo is second. He's powerful, sure. And an important God of the Greek Pantheon, but his power is heavily implied, not actually shown. Feats> implication.

Huitzilopochtli is third. Aztec gods can't really compare to Gods in Norse Mythology and Greek mythology. The scales are quite a bit different.

Yep.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By niBBit

I thought Hyperion/Helios was the sun god?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@niBBit said:

No, Helios was the Titan of the Sun. Apollo was the Olympian God of the Sun.

Hyperion was not the Titan of the Sun. He was the Titan of observation and watching. He is the lord of light, and is typically known as the Titan of the East.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By niBBit

@ShootingNova: Is there a huge difference? alo, based on feats witch one is more powerfull Helios or Apollo? Titan of the Sun sounds more badass :)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShootingNova

@niBBit: Both of them don't really have that many actual feats. But based on quotes, generalization and thoughts, Helios should be much more powerful. Titans were typically much more powerful than the Olympians, except for Zeus, who is more powerful than any Titan.

Yes, there's a large difference.

Titans were a whole generation before the Olympian Gods. Apollo was one of those in the second generation of the Olympian Gods, son of Zeus and Leto. Titans are more "primordial" and are typically the direct children of Oranos and Gaia, the Celestial Dome of the Sky/Heavens and the Primordial Force of the Earth, respectively. However, Helios is a second generation Titan. He was the son of Theia and Hyperion, as of Hesiod. However, Homer thought that he was Hyperion. I think he is typically considered the son of Hyperion. Well, that's how I think of him.

Although in some myths or beliefs, they were considered the same or similar.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayfournines

bump!

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By whydama

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

@Jayfournines said:

bump!

Why?

Instead of bumping threads that have been settled, you should make more, new "myth war" threads.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jayfournines

@ShootingNova said:

@Jayfournines said:

bump!

Why?

Instead of bumping threads that have been settled, you should make more, new "myth war" threads.

y'know what? yer right...also....subtlebump!

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By justleader

Huitzilopochti's most powerful incarnation wins this, followed by thor, and last comes apollo

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@justleader said:

Huitzilopochti's most powerful incarnation wins this, followed by thor, and last comes apollo

That's so different from your first post. What can Huitzilpochti even do?

@Jayfournines: LOL.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kingkronos

I change my vote to Thor.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jayfournines

@kingkronos said:

howcome?

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kingkronos

@Jayfournines said:

@kingkronos said:

howcome?

Well, Thor has light speed, and has some descent feats like shaking the universe, electrifying the whole world. He definitely beats Apollo. Though I'm not very well informed about Huitzilopochtli. You're the Aztec expert here.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova: He has been ruler of the universe in one point of time, so at that point he wins this battle, at any other he wouldn't

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos said:

@Jayfournines said:

@kingkronos said:

howcome?

Well, Thor has light speed, and has some descent feats like shaking the universe, electrifying the whole world. He definitely beats Apollo. Though I'm not very well informed about Huitzilopochtli. You're the Aztec expert here.

It's hypothetically light-speed. Again, it was shaking what held the universe together, but it's still impressive.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ShootingNova said:

@niBBit said:

No, Helios was the Titan of the Sun. Apollo was the Olympian God of the Sun.

Hyperion was not the Titan of the Sun. He was the Titan of observation and watching. He is the lord of light, and is typically known as the Titan of the East.

Helios is the sun. Apollo is the God of the Sun, who pulls the sun across the sky.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ferro Vida: TBH, Helios the embodiment of the Sun. I was saying that because Helios is the Sun, however Hyperion is in some myths.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ShootingNova: I thought Hyperion was the Roman version? That or he was another entity altogether. I have Hesiod's Theogony in my bag, so I could check.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ferro Vida: No, Hyperion is the Titan of the East, the lord of light and father of Helios. However, sometimes Hyperion is considered to be the same entity as Helios, in early myths.

So you're studying Hesiod's myth? That's nice.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ShootingNova: I'm in a Greek and Roman myths class atm, so I'm studying the Theogony right now. It's actually a great read so far.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ferro Vida: Yeah. Nice. Anyways, this is getting off-topic.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ShootingNova: Right. I'll back Thor. The Norse people were pretty strictly militant, so it makes sense that their gods would be the greatest warriors.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ferro Vida: Well, simply being a warrior doesn't make you that powerful. Ares frequently lost to mortals. But Thor can just shatter mountains with his every strike, so it would make sense he is somewhere up the top.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@Jayfournines said:

@kingkronos said:

howcome?

It's hypothetically light-speed. Again, it was shaking what held the universe together, but it's still impressive.

It was stated in the very scriptures that Thor moved like light. And he can outrace the winds by years, etc... And go around the world in a second. All these are beyond anything Apollo has shown.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jayfournines

didn't Thor move like light whenever he was in his car pulled by the goats or something?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@Jayfournines said:

@kingkronos said:

howcome?

It was stated in the very scriptures that Thor moved like light. And he can outrace the winds by years, etc... And go around the world in a second. All these are beyond anything Apollo has shown.

I think I would realize this, when I was the one who showed you all of this. Yes, it's months by some accounts, years by others, but he can throw his hammer, and the speed of Mjolnir's travel would certainly be of that scale.

@Jayfournines said:

didn't Thor move like light whenever he was in his car pulled by the goats or something?

What car? LOL, there's no cars in mythology. You mean cart, like chariot? Yeah, Thor had one that was pulled by Tanngnjostr (teeth-gnasher/teeth-grinder) and Tangrisnir (teeth-barer/teeth-snarler). Thor kills them for meat each day, and uses Mjolnir to revive them on the next.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#44  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@niBBit: Both of them don't really have that many actual feats. But based on quotes, generalization and thoughts, Helios should be much more powerful. Titans were typically much more powerful than the Olympians, except for Zeus, who is more powerful than any Titan.

Yes, there's a large difference.

Titans were a whole generation before the Olympian Gods. Apollo was one of those in the second generation of the Olympian Gods, son of Zeus and Leto. Titans are more "primordial" and are typically the direct children of Oranos and Gaia, the Celestial Dome of the Sky/Heavens and the Primordial Force of the Earth, respectively. However, Helios is a second generation Titan. He was the son of Theia and Hyperion, as of Hesiod. However, Homer thought that he was Hyperion. I think he is typically considered the son of Hyperion. Well, that's how I think of him.

Although in some myths or beliefs, they were considered the same or similar.

I know I'm quoting an old post here, but I thought I'd ask, since you mentioned Homer:

Is the Odyssey considered canon?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: LOL, "canon" might not be the best word to describe it......

They are Homer's works, so "yes". As a sequel to the Iliad, it should be.

Then again, it depends on your definition of "canon". You don't really class mythology in terms of "canon".

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: LOL, "canon" might not be the best word to describe it......

They are Homer's works, so "yes". As a sequel to the Iliad, it should be.

Then again, it depends on your definition of "canon". You don't really class mythology in terms of "canon".

Well, I know they're canon within Homer's tales. Perhaps I should have been more clear; I meant canon in regard to mythology. What is and what is not considered canon or factual regarding the Olympian gods.

I know it's not the same thing as, for example, Star Wars canon. But certainly some works are held to higher regard, and others are considered outright untrue, no?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: So you mean Greek mythology as a whole? Greek mythology has four major subsets:

Hesiod's myth, Homer's myth, Pelasgian myth, and Orphism. Atlantean myth is sometimes considered to be major, but is also sometimes considered something akin to an offshoot of Homer's myth.

All of them are "canon"/true/untrue in their own way. So in terms of Homer's myth, yes, it's canon, in terms of Hesiod's, Pelasgian, or Orphic myth, then no, it's not.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: So you mean Greek mythology as a whole? Greek mythology has four major subsets:

Hesiod's myth, Homer's myth, Pelasgian myth, and Orphism. Atlantean myth is sometimes considered to be major, but is also sometimes considered something akin to an offshoot of Homer's myth.

All of them are "canon"/true/untrue in their own way. So in terms of Homer's myth, yes, it's canon, in terms of Hesiod's, Pelasgian, or Orphic myth, then no, it's not.

So then each is mutually exclusive to their own separate "universe?"

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: Hesiod's Zeus (the weakest) is already beyond a universe, if you mean so literally. Here, Hesiod's Zeus can destroy a universe:

And now his thunder bolts would Jove [Zeus] wide scatter, but he feared the flames, unnumbered, sacred ether might ignite and burn the axle of the universe: and he remembered in the scroll of fate, there is a time appointed when the sea and earth and Heavens shall melt, and fire destroy the universe of mighty labour wrought. Such weapons by the skill of Cyclops forged, for different punishment he laid aside--for straightway he preferred to overwhelm the mortal race beneath deep waves and storms from every raining sky.

-- Taken from http://www.theoi.com/Heros/Deukalion.html

But if by "universe", you mean reality/world, then yes.

Because while Hesiod's and Homer's myths are alternate "verses", they are very similar in many ways. As for Pelasgian, that is very different. In Orphism, things are very different also.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova:

I meant universe in regard to the figurative meaning, like Star Wars universe, Marvel universe, etc. Just as an example.

So there is no single "canon?"