Wonder Woman easily

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Mark_Stephen

I don't know, Diana isn't as treacherous as Carol is so in a dirty fight Carol has that edge. On the other hand Diana has probably learned from Batman that different types of fighting styles can be used while Carol is more of a brawler. I'd have to give the edge to Diana.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I agree, but you can't trust a marvel character, Carol wouldn't fight fair and if Diana expected an honorable fight she might be vulnerable. With or without the lasso Diana would win, with the lasso she'd hogtie Carol without a problem.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: In a straight out fight yes, but if Carol showed up with a SHIELD strike force as she has in the past to take down a single or even a pair of heroes or just sneaks up on Diana and hits her from behind it'd be a much harder fight for the amazon.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I don't know, Diana isn't as treacherous as Carol is so in a dirty fight Carol has that edge. On the other hand Diana has probably learned from Batman that different types of fighting styles can be used while Carol is more of a brawler. I'd have to give the edge to Diana.

Regarding if they fight dirty or not. Remember that Diana's people are ancient greeks and their form of combat was Pankration, which is a mix of boxing and wrestling, but nearly without any rules (no biting or gouging out the eyes) and this was the style Diana grew up learning. So Diana is just as likely, if not more so, than Carol to kick up sand or land a low blow (by modern standards) and be perfectly within her sense of honorable combat.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41, at least in this thread SEXISM can be ruled out to explain some posters like @mark_stephen being so ABYSMALLY wrong in their assessment of this fight; just plain, complete and utterly being mis-informed seems to be the culprit. As if Diana hasn't run into some of the most ruthless "cheaters", cutthroats and killers (some of them GODS) in her travels. Carol-by HERSELF, anyway-has no chance to beat ANY version of Diana; NONE.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By UberHulk

Wonder Woman's lasso compels the person tied up to tell the truth, that does not however mean it cannot be removed. PC v Doomsday. Wonder Woman 111.

No Caption Provided

Nor does it mean the person cannot fight back. New 52 Justice League 16. It's tied around his neck yet he is still able to fight back.

No Caption Provided

Of course is she asks them a question then, given it's magic power, they would have to stop fighting and answer. Maybe she could keep asking them questions all day!

Captain Marvel has shown very little in recent years. Even in her solo title before the reboot I seem to remember she was knocked down by cars. Binary is a different matter.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: So ashamed that I'm miss-informed :(

I know that Diana has faced some down right treacherous foes, but treachery lives at the heart of marvel characters and Carol made the big leagues and became head of the Avengers by stabbing friends and team mates in the back. I'm not saying Diana would loose just that it wouldn't be as easy as some people think.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

Oh, I get it, @mark_stephen---Carol's cheating is more "special" than anyone else that Diana has faced over the years. Yes, yes, the Gods, psychotic meglamaniacs, and diabolical super powered super-villians the amazing Amazon has faced and triumphed over all pale into insignificance compared to---CAROL DANVERS! Okay, then. (Sigh).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

WW still stomps.

I wish people would stop bumping these ridiculously one-sided matches.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carols cool, but wonder woman is on another level. Its kind of like comparing iron man to superman.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@agent41 said:

@erik said:

WW still stomps.

I wish people would stop bumping these ridiculously one-sided matches.

By any chance do you have some feats for the lasso's power to make people surrender to her comand?.

It's not relevant to this thread. WW has no lasso here.

Honestly, WW would wreck MsM with no weapons at all.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By UberHulk

@agent41: If she ASKS them a question, which is what I stated. The scans are most certainly not out of context. The only planetbuster in New 52 she has fought was Darkseid, and she wasn't able to stop him. She blocked the Omega Sanction and stabbed him in the eye. As you can see, once again, she has bound someone but they still able to move, as we see Darkseid trying to pull it off, she asks a question, he answers then tosses her by using her lasso. In combat this ability is largely useless and a bit silly. What does she ask, how do I beat you? What happens when she fights something that can't talk? What we saw against the Doomsday clone in the scans I posted. The ability is redundant.

I did not suggest Captain Marvel would win, which is why I said I seem to remember she was hurt by cars.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By UberHulk

@agent41: No she has to ask them a question. They can still fight as I have shown and that's why I posted in this thread. I think it's a bit silly but that's comics for you. Binary? I merely said she's a different matter compared to Captain Marvel, if you thought I meant she would win then I apologise for not being clear. She would give Wonder Woman a better fight but still lose. Killing a brood queen isn't a major feat. I think She also killed a giant Skrull while she still had her binary powers but again not really a major feat. It wasn't the Super Skrull, just a giant Skrull. This seems a big mismatch to me. No question New 52 Darkseid is an absolute beast - less talking and more punching.

@erik: Do you count her bracelets as weapons?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: I'm simply saying that Diana will be up against a woman who won her way to being head of the Avengers by beating up a woman in front of her daughter. Never underestimate the depths that a marvel character will go to in pursuit of a victory. Currently they are destroying entire planets.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen----AAAAAANANNNDD, this just in: Wonder Woman STILL kicks Danvers' *&%-HARD.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#228  Edited By oceanmaster21

Wonder Woman wins but it be a decent fight

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Is that still the lasso's power outside of the Flashpoint reality? I'm uncertain about just how it works now.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41, I must commend you-you have WAAAAY more patience than I do. If the opponents were at least closer in caliber (I've been busy on the Black Adam vs. Wonder Woman thread) that'd be ONE thing. But freakin' Ms Marvel??? Like I said, you are one INCREDIBLY patient individual.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman Lesbostomps