fight takes place by a creek

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Majestic wins, despite what people may believe from the Armageddon storyline.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Despite Atom's ability to fight Majestic in Armageddon, Atom would probably lose in an actual, drawn out fight.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

My question is, what's the significance of the creek?

death monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By death monger

well i was thinking of water when i made this thread
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

LOL

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By The_Martian
@Buckshot said:
" My question is, what's the significance of the creek? "
LOL
death monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By death monger

boom
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By sexy_merc

Majestic should be able to handle Captain Atom.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By theDCkid

Cap atom.

Avatar image for comicvineuser12
ComicVineUser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom turns Mr.Majestic into cow poo.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic is too much for atom too handle

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how wide that creek is.

Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic has taken a blast that destroyed the earth and moon without a scratch. Atom does not have that kind of energy output.

Majestic has been in the Big crunch without effect, when all the atoms in the universe were disintegrating. Atoms molecular manipulation is worse than useless.

Majestic has moved all the planets in the Solar System under his own strength. Atom cannot compare.

Majestic has FTL reaction time, not just hypersonic. Atom cannot keep up.

Even in the Armageddon storyline, Majestic has ragdolled Atom without much effort. Also, considering that by the end of that story, Atom's quantum power had swollen due to the shard of the Void enough to destroy that section of the multiverse, their first encounter shouldn't be a normal representation of what a fight between them would look like either.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think for Nathaniel physical superiority is the most difficult thing to overcome, put him against Norrin and I'd say he'd win... Against Majestros however, I wouldn't bet on it. Assuming this was Post-crisis Cap'n not New-52?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@giliad_ said:

I think for Nathaniel physical superiority is the most difficult thing to overcome, put him against Norrin and I'd say he'd win... Against Majestros however, I wouldn't bet on it. Assuming this was Post-crisis Cap'n not New-52?

I find it a bit odd that you favor him against Norrin but you question his ability to defeat a character he has bested once already.

larfleezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

I find it a bit odd that you favor him against Norrin but you question his ability to defeat a character he has bested once already.

He was amped by the void.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 morpheus_  Moderator

@morpheus_ said:
@giliad_ said:

It's been a while, but I'd like to see an on panel confirmation of that. Nathaniel did not really do anything that regular post Crisis Captain Atom would have been unable to do over the course of Armageddon.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GIliad_

@morpheus_: @larfleezy: The Void reaction only came into play towards the end, when he went into incineration mode besides that nothing was abnormal and there wasn't confirmation of anything. To answer your question Morph - I consider Cap'n vastly more effective against energy orientated opponents, I think his energy absorption and manipulation gives him an advantage over Norrin due to his cosmic nature. It is controversial yes but I feel I've justified myself in the past.

larfleezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larfleezy said:
@morpheus_ said:
@giliad_ said:

It's been a while, but I'd like to see an on panel confirmation of that. Nathaniel did not really do anything that regular post Crisis Captain Atom would have been unable to do over the course of Armageddon.

Really? Atom has been manhandled by Mary Marvel and Power Girl. Two characters that I'd wager are inferior to Majestic by a huge margin.

larfleezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: Okay, I agree, I just think Maj is physically superior to Atom.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larfleezy: Cap'n was holding back so much against Power Girl, it literally said he wasn't fighting back out of fear of leaking quantum energy that could destroy everything around him. He stood there like a meet shield and repeatedly tanking the hits.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 morpheus_  Moderator

@giliad_: I only recall the Void being the catalyst that would result in the universe's destruction, not that it actually enhanced Cap's abilities. The Void has enhanced Spartan in the past, though, which is why I am open to that possibility.

I don't really think it controversial, I just find that Surfer can do almost everything Cap can, only better.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: I was referring to the instance towards the end of the arc in which the Void reaction was actively ongoing within Nate and he incinerated Apollo instantly. The difference being Spartan seemed to be in control of a portion of the Void's power hence the amp. Cap'n seemed to unconsciously have the Void reaction within him but not utilised more briefly contained.

I have always been under the opinion that Captain Atom absorbs and manipulates energy better than Norrin, I'm open to the notion of Norrin winning because he's physically superior, overall more versatile etc. But I think against Cap his energy capabilities can be mitigated and worked against him.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@static_shock Sic em boy.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

majestic

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GIliad_
larfleezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: Doesn't Captain Atom quantum jump every time he absorbs too much energy?

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GIliad_

@larfleezy: Actaually no, he can and has shown to be able to absorb infinite amounts of energy if he moderates his intake examples of instances where he has quantum jumped involve absorbing the blast of Gog's spear (which had been artificaially altered by Maxwell Lord to be difficult to absorb and instabalise Cap, absorbing his powers from the OMAC and Major Force explosion... All of which are istances where either because of civilian or teammates he has been forced to hyper-absorb at an uncomfortable rate. In a 1 v 1 Cap'n could quite easily absorb over time. Quantity isn't a factor, it's rate of intake and in most circumstances that can be controlled.

ComicVineUser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ComicVineUser12

Atom has MATTERMANIPULATION he turns Mr.Majestic and anyone else thats not a god-tier character into whatever he wants unless there is somekind of PIS/WIS/CIS

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock

Captain Atom allowed Power Girl (who was trying to kill him) to manhandle him. She was under Max Lord's mind control and he was trying to snap her out of it. Also, Booster Gold stated that if Atom tried to fight back (and go all out), Tokyo would be irradiated by his powers. I wouldn't count this showing, but it does show for Atom's durability, though.

As for the Mary Marvel instance, that's a horribly low (and inconsistent) showing. He's done better against other powerhouses. Majestic. Ultraa. Major Force. Wonder Woman (off-panel). Maul. Atom is usually more resilient than that, and physical blows don't breach his skin that easily. He even told Apollo that it would take hours to kill him with physical strikes.

@giliad_ said:

@larfleezy: Actaually no, he can and has shown to be able to absorb infinite amounts of energy if he moderates his intake examples of instances where he has quantum jumped involve absorbing the blast of Gog's spear (which had been artificaially altered by Maxwell Lord to be difficult to absorb and instabalise Cap, absorbing his powers from the OMAC and Major Force explosion... All of which are istances where either because of civilian or teammates he has been forced to hyper-absorb at an uncomfortable rate. In a 1 v 1 Cap'n could quite easily absorb over time. Quantity isn't a factor, it's rate of intake and in most circumstances that can be controlled.

To be fair, Captain Atom rarely, if ever, has absorbed infinite amounts of energy under normal conditions. Heinrich Megala stated that he could absorb infinite amounts of energy is he does regulate his intake, but he's never shown to do this alone save for one specific instance that didn't involve a large quantity of energy. In Zero Hour, along with other energy absorbers, he could have arguably absorbed infinite amounts of energy from Parallax's pocket universe, but that's only because he had other people helping him (The Ray, Darkstar). Then, as Monarch, he absorbed 51 Captain Atoms (that's lot of energy, if you think about it). But, under that moniker, Atom was more powerful than usual (possibly because he wasn't holding back). Besides the example in Generation Lost, with Max Lord creating energy specifically for Atom, he normally quantum jumps if absorbing too much energy, based on his showings. He's never been able to regulate the intake of vast amounts of energy by himself. At best, Atom has been able to absorb nuclear explosions without quantum jumping. But, nothing in upwards of that on his own. For example, in Batman-Superman, when he piloted that huge robot into that kryptonite meteor and absorbed all of the energy from the explosion, plus the kryptonite radiation, that (plus Void's essence after Void-Spartan's death) quantum jumped him into the Wildstorm continuity. There were some times when he was sent quantum jumping by explosions or amounts of energy less than nuclear explosions. That limitation has been used as a plot point many times, so that could be the reason as to why this limitation fluctuates from writer to writer.

@larfleezy said:

@giliad_: Doesn't Captain Atom quantum jump every time he absorbs too much energy?

Most of the time, yes. It was supposed to be if Atom absorbs too much energy at once, but writers have changed that left and right.

@giliad_ said:

I have always been under the opinion that Captain Atom absorbs and manipulates energy better than Norrin, I'm open to the notion of Norrin winning because he's physically superior, overall more versatile etc. But I think against Cap his energy capabilities can be mitigated and worked against him.

I think that Atom really only has an advantage over Surfer is physical strength, and possibly energy absorption (though I do recall something about Surfer stating that he could absorb near-infinite amounts of energy during his fight with Firelord). Besides that, I believe Surfer would take a majority. I think his energy output is just too much, blowing up planets and such, along with his versatility with energy and matter in general. Also, Surfer has shown the ability to manipulate Quantum energy and has even traveled to the Quantum Field under his own power, which is something that Captain Atom hasn't been able to do, consciously.

ComicVineUser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: against Silver Surfer, it becomes a battle of who can turn the other into cow poo first. Against Mr.Majestic, Captain Atom stomps via matter manipulation.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom has MATTERMANIPULATION he turns Mr.Majestic and anyone else thats not a god-tier character into whatever he wants unless there is somekind of PIS/WIS/CIS

While Captain Atom has the ability to do this, he rarely uses this ability in battle. At best, he's use it more defensively than offensively. For example, when Green Arrow tried to shoot arrows at him, Atom transmuted them into butterflies. Against Maul, who alters his size and mass, Atom rearranged the atomic structure in Maul's body, shrinking him down to his normal, slender human body (but Maul was in close proximity for Atom to pull that off). Atom himself stated that he's not very good at matter manipulation, anyway. So, he's not doing anything complex with that ability.

Here, I doubt that he would turn Majestic into anything he wants, based on that.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: against Silver Surfer, it becomes a battle of who can turn the other into cow poo first. Against Mr.Majestic, Captain Atom stomps via matter manipulation.

Like I stated above, Atom said this...

No Caption Provided

Against the Surfer, who has numerous showings of instinctively-using matter manipulation and transmutation in the heat of battle, Atom would have his work cut out for him. Surfer happens to be more experienced in his use of that ability, too, and has displayed more complexity with it. Atom wouldn't win that, at all.

Against Majestic, if Atom isn't very good at matter manipulation, there's no reason to assume that he would stomp him in this fight with that ability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicvineuser12 said:

While Captain Atom has the ability to do this, he rarely uses this ability in battle. At best, he's use it more defensively than offensively. For example, when Green Arrow tried to shoot arrows at him, Atom transmuted them into butterflies. Against Maul, who alters his size and mass, Atom rearranged the atomic structure in Maul's body, shrinking him down to his normal, slender human body (but Maul was in close proximity for Atom to pull that off). Atom himself stated that he's not very good at matter manipulation, anyway. So, he's not doing anything complex with that ability.

Here, I doubt that he would turn Majestic into anything he wants, based on that.

Also this would be a good idea if Majestic hadn't already survived universe wide entropy, in which all the atoms of the universe were falling apart, and remained unaffected.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Cap Atom

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic

ComicVineUser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: the guy made and destroyed a universe, you think he would have trouble with Mr.Majestic?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicvineuser12: Seeing as he could only do that sort of thing in the quantum field, and has never used that kind of power in combat, and seeing as Majestic has clowned him in a fight before, yes, he will have trouble.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock

@comicvineuser12 said:

@static_shock: the guy made and destroyed a universe, you think he would have trouble with Mr.Majestic?

He made and destroyed a universe in the Quantum Field, which is the underlying essence of all matter and energy and the source of Captain Atom's powers. He didn't pull this feat off in normal space, nor has he ever done it in battle within normal space, either. So, it wouldn't make a difference here.

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic