Avatar image for kalthehokage_2007
KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KalTheHokage_2007

This is a battle I've always wanted to see. The 4th Hokage vs The Snake. The Yellow Flash vs the genius Sannin. Please back your arguments up. Simply saying Minato or Orochimaru won't due. They're battling at the Valley of the End. Both have full chakra. They both have knowledge of each other

1st Round - both have 1 hour to prep. No Edo Tensei for Orochimaru

2nd Round - both have one day of prep time. Orochimaru has the Edo Tensei, but he can only resurrect 2nd Hokage.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By terry2012

Minato wins because too fast to catch let alone to content with. He also wins because he was able to go against Madara and win. Something that Orochimaru would not dare to do.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Minato

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KalTheHokage_2007

@terry2012: that wasn't Madara. we don't even know who the heck that is? For the sake of distinction, call him Tobi, please, because the real Madara is on the battlefield destroying the 5 Kage.

@Ferdelance: any reason in particular?

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Minato's speed and sealing techniques

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@Ferdelance said:

Minato

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By livinghorror

The fourth for sure

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

Yeah, Madara is the guy with the long hair.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KalTheHokage_2007

I've heard enough people say on other forums that Minato has very few feats, but I think the few feats he does have put him far above Orochimaru.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slimj87d

With 1 hour of prep, he can get all his teleportation seals all over the battlefield area. On top of that he's already godly fast and can easily make a rasengan with one hand, unlike Naruto.

Orochimaru on the other hand has no limitations in this thread which is confusing. Doe he get to Edo Tensei or not? Because if he gets to Edo Tensei then he will win since the 4th will have to fight the first, second and Orochimaru.

If he does not get to Edo Tensei, then Minato will probably when because of his rasengan and teleportation seals.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D: this is straight minato vs. Orochimaru. Orochimaru does not have Edo Tensei. Here, I'll change it to two rounds. But first round, It is a simple match between the Fourth Hokage and Orochimaru.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By terry2012

@KalTheHokage_2007: Yeah your right thanks for refreshing mine mind.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By terry2012

@KalTheHokage_2007: In that case Minato still wins.

Leon Speaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Leon Speaker
@terry2012 said:

Minato wins because too fast to catch let alone to content with. He also wins because he was able to go against Madara and win. Something that Orochimaru would not dare to do.

Minato is not too fast at all. Orochimaru was able to keep up with a four tailed Naruto in a very weakened state. He doesn't need to out run Minato. This is a guy whose entire life was spent learning and mastering every known jutsu and has shown through various interactions to have incredible knowledge on multiple individuals. A man of his genius caliber should be able to deal with Minato's speed. He fought Tobi and he did not win. All he did was hit him with one rasengan. That did not equal a win. Tobi left because he had lost control of the fox and that was a big part of his plan at the time. Of course Orochimaru would deal with Tobi or Madara and has shown to have done in the past whilst gathering information. Or are you forgetting that he too attacked Konoha and killed it's Hokage and also battled the other two sannin again while weak and with no arms. 

@Ferdelance said:

I don't see sealing techniques being much help in this battle. He's never used them against another human opponent before and they seem to be useless in such battles because they often take a bit of time to activate. Enough for the technique to be stopped and countered. The only sealing technique that would be of help would be the death god, but Orochimaru has dealt with that before and it's not a technique Minato would use unless desperate. 

@KalTheHokage_2007 said:
I've heard enough people say on other forums that Minato has very few feats, but I think the few feats he does have put him far above Orochimaru.

I don't see how. Basically his only feats are hitting Tobi with one rasengan and separating the nine tails fox from him and avoiding the raikage. None of those feats suggests he's above a Orochimaru in any way.

@SlimJ87D said:

With 1 hour of prep, he can get all his teleportation seals all over the battlefield area. On top of that he's already godly fast and can easily make a rasengan with one hand, unlike Naruto.

Orochimaru on the other hand has no limitations in this thread which is confusing. Doe he get to Edo Tensei or not? Because if he gets to Edo Tensei then he will win since the 4th will have to fight the first, second and Orochimaru.

If he does not get to Edo Tensei, then Minato will probably when because of his rasengan and teleportation seals.

Orochimaru is a genius with vast knowledge of the ninja world. I think with 1 hour he could easily set something up that could counter Minato's seal.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimj87d

@Leon Speaker:

There is a difference between the speed of something moving and something mysteriously teleporting away. Teleportation is instant. At least you know that the nine tails has a trail and which direction is is going to head regardless.

You are comparing something that is one dimensional, someone moving a path, to something teleporting.

And even though Orochimaru is a genius, so is Minato the youngest person to ever become a kage. The difference is that Minato was a genius on the battlefield and Orochimaru was a well balanced shinobi in many areas. The type of genius you are referring to for Orochimaru to counter Minato would take his science genius intellect involving somethign he prepped in a lab, etc, something that he does not have in this fight. This fight is heads up, and he hasn't shown any kind of genius moves to be able to counter teleportation. Heck, even Tobi who pretty much couldn't be touched was outsmarted by Minato, and the way Minato did it on the fly shows a type of genius he is, one on the battlefield.

Orochimaru honestly didn't even do well against the 3rd hokage as he completely preparred for that fight for who knows how long and brought with him Edo Tensei. I can't believe you think comparing Orochimaru fighting a old man that had to come out of retirement and prepping for him with Edo Tensei is such an accomplishment.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KnightRise

@Leon Speaker: youre forgetting minato had never met tobi at that point, and he was just as concerned with protecting the village and his family as he was with figuring out how to defeat tobi. if you follow the law of succession, minato was better than sarutobi toward the end of his prime, and sarutobi past his prime *almost* defeated orochimaru, tobirama, AND the goddamn hashirama.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JBBuc

@Leon Speaker: Well stated argument on behalf of Orochmaru. However, I think that you are understating Minato's success in fighting Madara. Yes, Madara had lost control of Kyuubi, but he had also been physically dominated by Minato. He also realized that Minato had placed a seal on Madara's body, meaning if the fight continued, Minato would be able to land hits at will. Forcing Madara to retreat DOES equal a win in my book.

I am not sure why someone as well versed as you clearly are, would be unable to see the effectiveness of using sealing techniques in battle. In the Naruto universe, sealing jutsus are frequently used in battle. Lord Sarutobi used one on Orochmaru in their final battle and was nearly successful. Minato being younger, faster, healthier and more powerful than a well-past-his-prime Third would definitely be able to seal Orochimaru's power and wouldn't have to resort to the Reaper Seal to do it.

Yes, Orochimaru is a genius, but don't think that Minato isn't brilliant as well. It took Minato 2 minutes to figure out how to land hits at will on an unhittable ninja. Madara's ability to phase is a far more complicated technique than anything that Orochimaru has shown, and Minato completely neutralized it in a matter of minutes. Giving Minato an hour of prep seems like more than enough to ensure his victory.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By terry2012

@Leon Speaker: Orochimaru can not deal with Minato speed at all. The four tails have nothing to do with Minato speed in comparison because Minato speed is instance and the four tails is not. Even The fourth Raikage can deal with the fourth tails by him self and third Raikage can to. Orochimaru would have to do what Killer Bee did. Do you think Orochimaru can keep up with The Raikage. And Minato did beat Tobi. Why do you think he ran away after he hit him. Minato was the first one to hit him and figure out his jutsu, then Danzo did, and Konan did as well. She almost killed him if he wasn't for Izanagi he would be dead by now. As of far right now Tobi is nothing without those jutsus and the tails beast. He has not shown anything beside hiding and watching.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By terry2012

@KnightRise:

@JBBuc:

@SlimJ87D: To each of you yall I agree.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Ferdelance said:

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Dex_Starr

Minato would wreck Oro easily.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D: I've stated my opinion; Minato would probably win, but I would remind you that Orochimaru had enough power to take on a 4-Tails Naruto.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Dex_Starr

@KalTheHokage_2007 said:

@SlimJ87D: I've stated my opinion; Minato would probably win, but I would remind you that Orochimaru had enough power to take on a 4-Tails Naruto.

That was mainly because he was able to regenerate, he couldn't even damage 4 tail Kyubi

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By terry2012

@Dex_Starr: Exactly. Orochimaru got owned by Itachi twice.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if I gave Orochimaru Edo Tensei? what would happen. That is round 2.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeathHero61

Bump

No Caption Provided

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato spites and why bump?

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

minato stomps and why bump?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato wins.

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Minato have the other half of Kurama? And are they bloodlusted? If not then Orochimaru will never fight all out and will use trickery to fake his death, gather intel, and return another day.

1st round I'd give to Minato, but Oro isn't getting stomped by anyone especially if he has prep. He'd be well aware of the FTG and would certainly prepare for it whereas Minato cannot possibly prepare for all Oro has because he is arguably the most versatile ninja we've seen. The guy has proven impossible to kill and has survived the two strongest sealing techniques in Naruto.

2nd round is Oro for sure. Anyone that has followed current Naruto knows the second hokage is every bit an even match for Minato and was arguably the most effective ninja in the Madara fight with his abilities and strategies. If you give him the infinite chakra of Oro's near perfect Edo and a day to prepare he might take Minato by himself. Combine him and Oro together (two of the greatest ninja strategists of all time) and they beat Minato.

Anyone who says stomp either way doesn't read Naruto.

DarthSamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato wins, bump.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bull909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you even kill Orochimaru?

Avatar image for theimmovableobject52
TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orochimaru is has a bunch of crazy abilities and is one of the strongest shinobi in my book but ill have to give it to Minato he was a strategist a master at seals and the fastest man alive it would be a tough battle but the yellow flash will end up bringing down the legendary sannin as Orochimaru looks at Minato's coat saying "Damn at least i was beaten by a straight OG"

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need to finish Naruto...

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato.

Ya_Idjits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Creepymaru, but this is a really bad match-up for him. Minato has a massive speed advantage, as well as specialization in Orochimaru's one weakness, seals. Orochimaru's one chance is if he can get off Edo Tensei before he gets blitzed. Otherwise he's woefully outmatched here.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That gif never gets old.

GentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Orochimaru used Summoning Jutsu: Edo Tensei, Minato has Contract Seal to counter, thus removing his control over the reanimations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Minato wins.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Minato. Too fast for Orochimaru

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImmortanSeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 minato stomps

Round 2 orochimaru

Csdabest89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thing is with Minato he always lacked the strength to destroy top tiers. He just doesnt have the attack power to put down high tiers.

Avatar image for great_black_star
great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot see rasengan and sealing working here as Orochimaru will regenerate and won't give the prep time needed for sealing. But at same time Orochimaru is not catching Minato either. Its a tough battle but I will give Minato the majority of 7/10

Round 2 is either Oro's win or stalemate.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Reno117

Minato but not in a stomp.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csdabest said:

My thing is with Minato he always lacked the strength to destroy top tiers. He just doesnt have the attack power to put down high tiers.

What he lacks in destructive power, he makes up for in genius level intellect and speed. On top of that, he has lots of chakra and performs very well under pressure.