Midnighter VS Spiderman (And Scarlet Spider)

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• Standard / Pre-New 52 versions.
  • Standard gear.
  • Fight takes place in here, with passersby around:
No Caption Provided

Round 1: In character.

Round 2: Bloodlusted.

Round 3: Bloodlusted. Scarlet Spider (no The Other) helps Spiderman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I think team

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter all rounds.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 is the only one Peter lasts longer because Midnighter allows it

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter stomps.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Heatblaze
poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By poeticwarrior
Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Nighter.

CaptainGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with spidey probably losing round one. Round 2 is close but I give spidey the edge. Rounds three goes to the spiders in a good fight

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By poeticwarrior

@captainguts said:

Going with spidey probably losing round one. Round 2 is close but I give spidey the edge. Rounds three goes to the spiders in a good fight

Midnighter is stronger than Spiderman in EVERY single aspect except for strength. He's faster, blitz speedsters half the speed of light, combat people like Apollo who circle the Earth in a minute, better precog (fight spiderman millions of times even before the fight begins, can start the fight with the scenario where he already won and working backward, allowing him to see the opponent's weakness and what kind of power they have), teleport, BFR spiderman into space, etc. Bloodlust spiderman wouldn't come close to beating Midnighter. If you said it's close and Spiderman has the edge, it would mean that there were a chance at some points that Midnighter could win, and with that in mind, Midnighter would win since the computer would allow him to see that path. If someone can beat Midnighter 9/10, they would lose to Midnighter. His precog allows him to fight an opponent millions of different ways way even the fight begin. While Spiderman faces a fresh Midnighter he knows nothing about in regard to skills, abilities, combat abilities, techs, Midnighter has millions of experience of already facing Spiderman who he knows all the weakness, fighting ability, skills. Combined with his stats, it wouldn't even be close.

CaptainGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: I agree that nighter is a very dangerous opponents and I'm aware of his feats. He does have some extremely high tier ones I'll admit. I also thought there was No doors in this fight, with doors nighter certainly would win. Without them though, spiderman has feats to put him on his level. Midnighter has a lot less time in comics to have low feats and to have others considered as PIS. Spiderman has years and years to be scrutinized but he has the feats to hang. He has caught and defeated speedsters as well like speed demon and quicksilver, he has high tier feats like speed blitzing hulk and holding him up. ( not going to bring up fire lord lol) and pummeling Iron Man. Can he do those things consistently? Probably not. But then again nighter can't beat Apollo or Martian man hunter consistently either. The battle computer is impressive but it has failed to predict against good improvisers like grifter in the past. Spidey is the ultimate improviser and with his precog he would give the computer trouble in a similar way. He is also experienced against fighting stringer opponents like Lizard, Venom, Carnage, Morlurn etc. So one on one spidey vs nighter is definitely debatable, I just give spidey the tiniest of edges based on versatility with webs and his improvisation. if you think nighter wins in a tight match I could definitely see that happening, but the distance between them is much smaller than you think

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By poeticwarrior

@captainguts said:

@poeticwarrior: I agree that nighter is a very dangerous opponents and I'm aware of his feats. He does have some extremely high tier ones I'll admit. I also thought there was No doors in this fight, with doors nighter certainly would win. Without them though, spiderman has feats to put him on his level. Midnighter has a lot less time in comics to have low feats and to have others considered as PIS. Spiderman has years and years to be scrutinized but he has the feats to hang. He has caught and defeated speedsters as well like speed demon and quicksilver, he has high tier feats like speed blitzing hulk and holding him up. ( not going to bring up fire lord lol) and pummeling Iron Man. Can he do those things consistently? Probably not. But then again nighter can't beat Apollo or Martian man hunter consistently either. The battle computer is impressive but it has failed to predict against good improvisers like grifter in the past. Spidey is the ultimate improviser and with his precog he would give the computer trouble in a similar way. He is also experienced against fighting stringer opponents like Lizard, Venom, Carnage, Morlurn etc. So one on one spidey vs nighter is definitely debatable, I just give spidey the tiniest of edges based on versatility with webs and his improvisation. if you think nighter wins in a tight match I could definitely see that happening, but the distance between them is much smaller than you think

Speed blitzing Hulk is not much of a feat. Hulk is not a speedster. except for a few cases where writers pull some craps out of their ass with no explanation. Deadpool defeated Hulk in his series as well, but I doubt he could win against a non PIS Hulk. He didn't defeat Quicksilver, Quicksilver just happens to run into him. Quicksilver was dancing around Spiderman. Midnighter has beaten Apollo consistently. The only time I recall Apollo beating him is when Midnighter cheated on Apollo, but in those situations, you would be a good boy and take a beating. Midnighter didn't fight back in that situation. As I said, Midnighter has fought against someone with a way better precog than Spiderman, he fought against another Midnighter and he won, so Spiderman's precog wouldn't give the computer as much trouble as you may think. You said you give Spidey a tiniest of edges meaning that it could go either ways like 4-6, and in those situations, Spiderman would lose. Midnighter's power is not about chances as much as whether someone outstats him 100% that he couldn't find a way to win with his battle computer. If there's a way for him to win, he would win. As I said, his computer works from a scenario where he already won back to even before the fight begins, so unless Spiderman could beat him 100% of the times, Spiderman would lose. It is not the case when Midnighter has faced a lot more threatening opponents than Spiderman. The biggest downfall here is Spiderman is fighting a fresh Midnighter while Midnighter is fighting an old opponent he had fought millions of times and he knows all of Spiderman's moves he's going to make, his weakness, and what abilities he has. If Spiderman shoots his webs, Midnighter has already known that it's gonna happen, he would dodge it easily with his speed. Unlike Quicksilver, Midnighter is not gonna circle around Spiderman, he would go straight for the kill. What kind of abilities could spiderman have that give him the win? Spiderman's precog is not on the same level as Midnighter, Midnighter is way faster, Spiderman is inexperienced at fighting Midnighter while Midnighter is a veteran at fighting Spiderman, Midnighter is ruthless, Midnighter already knows what moves Spiderman would make, Midnighter also already sees a scenario where he won and he could go all the way back to how to do it even before the fight begins. What possible advantage does Spiderman have? As I said, if Midnighter wins 1/10, he would win that fight because his power is all about allowing him to win that 1/10 time.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stormdriven

Why do people keep putting Midnighter against street levelers?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people keep putting Midnighter against street levelers?

Eh, Spider Man is not really a street leveler.

Midnighter still wins in mismatch.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: An in character Peter is definitely street level, that's why many consider him tip toeing the line between street and mid tier. Cutting loose makes him a mid tier.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Flash1812
poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By poeticwarrior

@flash1812 said:

@poeticwarrior: @stormdriven: @captainguts: wait grifter 1 shotted midniter with a punch and grifter is street level

New or Pre-52? Which book was that? Note that Midnighter often allows people to hit him just to prolong the fight.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: An in character Peter is definitely street level, that's why many consider him tip toeing the line between street and mid tier. Cutting loose makes him a mid tier.

Fair enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Midnighter stomps

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silverrings

Midnighter can definitely beat Spiderman, and while the second round would be somewhat harder it's still a win for him.

Avatar image for amazing_spiderman
Amazing_Spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way of the spider should help spider-man with the whole pregoc thing. If anything midnight doesn't know how to answer the spider sense

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By poeticwarrior

@amazing_spiderman said:

Way of the spider should help spider-man with the whole pregoc thing. If anything midnight doesn't know how to answer the spider sense

You're saying it as if Spiderman has a solution to Midnighter who is many times faster than him and with a battle computer that allow him to see Spiderman's weakness, abilities, and let him fight spiderman millions of times before the fight begin. It goes both ways, buddy. His speed should be able to allow Midnighter to overcome Spiderman's senses. You can sense a bullet coming but that doesn't mean you can dodge it.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 106me

Can't see midnighter winning round 3. Especially if both Kaine and Peter are bloodlusted.

The rest he wins, but round 2 is close.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By poeticwarrior

@106me said:

Can't see midnighter winning round 3. Especially if both Kaine and Peter are bloodlusted.

The rest he wins, but round 2 is close.

Nope, bloodlusted or not, they could just get blitz by Midnighter easily. Someone who can blitz people who can circle Earth in a minute is way above what both Spiderman can see or react to, not to mention the battle computer which would have allowed Midnighter to fight them millions of times beforehand. What in Spiderman's abilities that allow them to win over someone who is faster than them, can BFR them, can teleport them into space, can blitz them, and has a better precog that let him see their weakness, fight them millions of different ways before the fight begin, and also see the victory even before the fight begins and all he has to do is working backward?

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

midnighter