Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Stormcell

@White Mage:

1) When Magneto caught Storm by surprise with that lightning bolt, he did NOT summon the bolt. He does not have that kind of power. He warped the EM fields above Storm (she should have felt that), the EM field he warped above Storm ATTRACTED a bolt from the sky (she should have felt the bolt before it came into being) and it hit her from above completely by surprise. There was no way she should have been caught by surprise in this instance thus it nullifies the explanation for how she was hurt.

2) That lady was messing with Storm's powers. Who knows what affects it could have on her. It is Storm's powers that makes her immune to lightning (and yes, I assert IMMUNITY to lightning).

I think what happens often time is Storm's immunity to lightning and weather is frequently ignored for the sake of the story or simply the writer is igorant of it or tries to weaken the character.

3) Storm sometimes has trouble with stopping tempests, but other times, she does not. It really depends on how much power the writer wants to give her for that story. On the internet though, we don't go with PIS. We take the characters when written at their best.

4) See number 3.

5) Thing is, in a long-ranged elemental battle, Storm has a decisive advantage over Meggan. This really cannot be reasonably debated. In a H-2-H situation, Meggan has the advantage owing to her super strength, durability and shapeshifting. Thing is, Storm already knows Meggan has all of that and Ororo is an intelligent fighter. She's not stupid enough to let Meggan close in on her so she can land a punch.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell: There was no indication made, as far as I know, that she defeated the Trion. She was held captive in a dream and immediately thereafter she stalemated them and healed the dimension through their energy source; and then lectured them on what they did wrong in the first place. They essentially could have done the same but they simply didn't want to because they didn't realize the concept of yin and yang.

It was stated in plain english that Storm had the power to destroy the Trion if she chose to after the fight. Go back and reread the scans"I can destroy you..." is what she told them after the fight.

I went back to reread and I stand corrected, but it doesn't mean she actually could beat them in a fight, because she fought them before and couldn't win. I think she meant that she could destroy all of what they had built and cause all sorts of chaos. She stated that she could destroy the three of them "with what she now knows". Which indicates that she was likely talking about the way their reality was set up. In either case she never actually proved that she was more powerful, she merely proved that she understood it better. She literally did the reverse of what they had done before.

Storm and Meggans abilities are from the same natural energy systems; and as I said before, they both wield their powers differently, In the end they essentially pull from the same source both physically and spiritually. So naturally I don't see how this fight would come down to a battle of energy output; it's more of a spell casting battle and I see Meggan with the advantage.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the pattern?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@CozyDaPrynce said:

What's the pattern?

Combo-name

You win the thread

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell: There was no indication made, as far as I know, that she defeated the Trion. She was held captive in a dream and immediately thereafter she stalemated them and healed the dimension through their energy source; and then lectured them on what they did wrong in the first place. They essentially could have done the same but they simply didn't want to because they didn't realize the concept of yin and yang.

It was stated in plain english that Storm had the power to destroy the Trion if she chose to after the fight. Go back and reread the scans"I can destroy you..." is what she told them after the fight.

I went back to reread and I stand corrected, but it doesn't mean she actually could beat them in a fight, because she fought them before and couldn't win. I think she meant that she could destroy all of what they had built and cause all sorts of chaos. She stated that she could destroy the three of them "with what she now knows". Which indicates that she was likely talking about the way their reality was set up. In either case she never actually proved that she was more powerful, she merely proved that she understood it better. She literally did the reverse of what they had done before.

Storm and Meggans abilities are from the same natural energy systems; and as I said before, they both wield their powers differently, In the end they essentially pull from the same source both physically and spiritually. So naturally I don't see how this fight would come down to a battle of energy output; it's more of a spell casting battle and I see Meggan with the advantage.

The issue stated that Storm could destroy the Trion or choose to release the evil they stripped themselves of back into them that they had imprisoned into that black globe thing. In other words, Storm could have done as she pleased and the Trion would have been powerless to stop her. In other words, she was more powerful than they. Obviously, the reason Storm and the Trion stopped fighting each other was the Trion realized they could not win while Storm realized she could destroy them. Since she was not feeling motivated to kill them, she decided to lecture them. Again, she was more powerful than they.

Here's the thing, Stormcalling, if Storm batters Meggan with winds strong enough to strain Magneto's powers or punch objects through mountains, how is Meggan going to counter that? How is she going to defend against it? Meggan cannot. If Storm went all out, she could summon winds like the kind she did to redirect Sienna Blaze's full power and batter Meggan with that, but she would not have to go that far. Meggan has NO defense against Storm's wind arsenal. This is actually a very simple fight when you get right down to it and Storm wins.

Avatar image for bansheesonicscream
bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: you are so stupid fanboy

Avatar image for bansheesonicscream
bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm is so weak

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling said:

The issue stated that Storm could destroy the Trion or choose to release the evil the stripped themselves of back into them that they had trapped into that black globe thing. In other words, they would be powerless to prevent her from doing either. She was more powerful than they.

No, Storm stated that SHE could destroy the Trion "with what she knows". That could mean a tall tale of things if we wanted to be technical. Storm releasing the evil back into the dimension would not make her more powerful, considering the evil had already breach that black globe to bring Juggernaut there; Where the Trion preceded to bring the X-men in to stop him. The evil there was already to a point where it was fighting the Trion back; all Storm would have needed to do was give them the push they needed to overcome the Trion's hold over them. They were at a point where her and the Trion shared an equal amount of power and control over the energy source. But neither was more powerful. Storm merely had the knowledge to corrupt them if she pleased.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage:

1) When Magneto caught Storm by surprise with that lightning bolt, he did NOT summon the bolt. He does not have that kind of power. He warped the EM fields above Storm (she should have felt that), the EM field he warped above Storm ATTRACTED a bolt from the sky (she should have felt the bolt before it came into being) and it hit her from above completely by surprise. There was no way she should have been caught by surprise in this instance thus it nullifies the explanation for how she was hurt.

2) That lady was messing with Storm's powers. Who knows what affects it could have on her. It is Storm's powers that makes her immune to lightning (and yes, I assert IMMUNITY to lightning).

I think what happens often time is Storm's immunity to lightning and weather is frequently ignored for the sake of the story or simply the writer is igorant of it or tries to weaken the character.

3) Storm sometimes has trouble with stopping tempests, but other times, she does not. It really depends on how much power the writer wants to give her for that story. On the internet though, we don't go with PIS. We take the characters when written at their best.

4) See number 3.

5) Thing is, in a long-ranged elemental battle, Storm has a decisive advantage over Meggan. This really cannot be reasonably debated. In a H-2-H situation, Meggan has the advantage owing to her super strength, durability and shapeshifting. Thing is, Storm already knows Meggan has all of that and Ororo is an intelligent fighter. She's not stupid enough to let Meggan close in on her so she can land a punch.

1. Each time he's created a disturbance field, she has felt it. She knew what it was, but still got hurt.

No Caption Provided

2. The description was clear. It didn't say anything about disturbing her resistances/immunity. It said the delicate balance was thrown off, and so Storm got fried by her own powers. THAT is why she was harmed.

3. Actually, Claremont's explanation is the exact reason why she hasn't stopped terrible events like hurricane irene and hurricane Katrina. It has nothing to do with what a writer is willing to give her. It has everything to do with nature's natural balance NOT getting f*cked up. Which takes a toll not only on Storm's powers, but also her immunity.

4. See point 3

5............I'm not going to say anything about your case there, because I don't disagree with everything that you're saying

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Stormcell

@White Mage:

1) Can you not see how that scan shows how Storm was PIS'd in reverse? Magneto set up an interference field that deflected Storm's lightning back at her. She had enough time to realize he set up an interference field and knew the bolts were coming back and yet she was still hurt. Her ability to not be harmed by weather was completely ignored in this story. Yet, when she fights a true electricity master like Blitzkrieg (Magneto's power over electricity is VERY limited as we have seen), she gets blasted time and again by Blitzkrieg's lightning and it has no affect on her. Problem with Magneto is powerful characters are constantly being written down for him in Magneto arcs. We have seen this not only with Storm, but with Thor and Phoenix as well.

2) PIS. Sorry, but then its PIS.

3) Actually, Storm's immunity is dependent on her physical well-being and her connection to the life force of her environment.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling:

1) When Storm spoke or releasing the evil back into the Trion, she was speaking of the ball they had trapped the evil in. Remember, the Trion ripped the evil out of themselves and trapped it in some kind of ball of energy. She was talking about releasing the evil from that ball, not giving them that extra push as you say. Also, recall during that during her fight with the Trion, she said that the forces they controlled were bizzare, but she can tap into the same energy source. She did not understand those forces at first, so she had to fight with pure instincts and an abandon that she had all but forgotten. When she said, "Now, I understand," it brought an end to that fight and she immediately repaired the reality rift between that dimension and the other saving both from mutual destruction. I took that, "Now, I understand comment" to mean that now she understood what they had done in terms of stripping themselves of evil and the consequences of that and she got an understanding of the workings of the forces of that dimension hence she was able to heal that rift and there was no point in fighting her anymore. They could barely put up a fight against her when she did not understand those forces and was going on instinct alone, but now that she got an understanding of the natural systems of that dimension, she could destroy them. The issue made it known that she could release the evil they trapped in that ball or she could destroy them. If she were only equal to them in power, then they could prevent her from doing anything since all they would have to do would be to engage her in combat again to tie up all of her power and concentration in stalemating them meaning she would not be able to accomplish what she said she could do. Storm was clearly more powerful than the Trion. From the first time Storm used her powers in the Trion dimension, the Trion feared her power.

On a seperate note, notice the story where Meggan tapped into the power cosmic, it stated that her power was at their peak in that dimension. This means in that dimension, Meggan would be more powerful there than she would be in any other. She wielded nowhere near the amount of power in that dimension the Trion wielded in their dimension. The Trion were the sum of that dimension's past, present and future. Furthermore, the Trion were the personification of the forces that composed that dimension given form. That is far more than what Meggan was when she visited the dimension where her powers were the most powerful. Storm managed to beat the Trion. Storm is a MUCH more powerful elemental than Meggan.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage:

1) Can you not see how that scan shows how Storm was PIS'd in reverse? Magneto set up an interference field that deflected Storm's lightning back at her. She had enough time to realize he set up an interference field and knew the bolts were coming back and yet she was still hurt. Her ability to not be harmed by weather was completely ignored in this story. Yet, when she fights a true electricity master like Blitzkrieg (Magneto's power over electricity is VERY limited as we have seen), she gets blasted time and again by Blitzkrieg's lightning and it has no affect on her. Problem with Magneto is powerful characters are constantly being written down for him in Magneto arcs. We have seen this not only with Storm, but with Thor and Phoenix as well.

3) Actually, Storm's immunity is dependent on her physical well-being and her connection to the life force of her environment.

What is a way for Storm to be defeated, that does NOT count as PIS in your eyes? I'm not asking to be a douche, I am genuinely curious.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: The evil was Cytorrak. It was the reason the Juggernaut was brought to the dimension in the first place; because The Trion had entrapped him in that dimension into the Black orb. The problem that caused the rift was Cytorrak bringing in Juggernaut from Earth's dimension to free himself and The Trion bringing the X-men there to stop him. They put Storm in a dream state to prevent her from intervening. When Storm said "now I understand", this is what she had truly meant. So even while the evil was trapped, they still wielded considerable amount of power in order to summon Juggernaut from the Earth's dimension to free him. This brings me back to my original point, The Trion had never truly rid themselves of the evil, as it was still causing trouble, They were merely the polar opposites of each other "yin and yang"; so neither could truly defeat the other. Storm realized that and all she would have needed to do was give Cytorrak the push that he needed to overthrow the Trion; considering that both the Trion and Cytorrak were already at nearly equal odds with each other.Storm's real strength over the Trion was her knowledge and understanding, it was not that she was a more powerful elemental controller.

With Meggan and the cosmic power: It said her Shapeshifting abilities were at their peak, not her powers.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Stormcell

@White Mage said:

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage:

What is a way for Storm to be defeated, that does NOT count as PIS in your eyes? I'm not asking to be a douche, I am genuinely curious.

Okay, here's the thing with Storm, two powers that are horrible to fight Storm with are elemental powers and telepathy. Storm is too resistant against most (not all) elemental attacks and those that she is not resistant to, she can deflect or counter. In the area of telepathy, there are just too many instances of her fighting and overcoming TP assaults from the likes of psis of Shadow King, Bogan/Rachel w/PF combo, Xavier/Psylocke/Oracle together, etc for her to lose to a telepath in open combat and it not be PIS. Characters with melee powers like classic Rogue and Wolverine who have to get in close to fight with H-2-H are obviously not a good fight against Storm either. On top of that, most anyone you pit her against are going to be vulnerable to attacks like manipulating the air/pressure/heat/etc in their body for an instant knock-out, or, if she wanted, death. She stands a really good chance at cleaning the clock of any x-villain outside of Dark Phoenix. In the x-books, she really is near unbeatable without PIS, to be honest. If you pit her against characters who travel faster than the speed of light, they could likely take her out of the fight with a speed blitz (of course, one could try and use the "access her powers with less than a conscious thought" to try and counter this since this can be used as a plot device to have her fight anyone who can travel at any speed, lol).

So what kind of characters can fight Storm? Most people short of cosmic or powerful mystics like Dr. Strange are going to get their clock cleaned, to be honest. Even with powerful mystics, it can be a quick draw thing. Can they get a spell to take her out of the fight before she instantly drops their internal temperature by 200 degrees? Powerful telekinetics like classic Exodus would pose a real challenge to Storm as well eventhough I think she would win most times than not against him. Invisible Woman has a power that could totally destroy Storm if she were to create a bubble in Storm's skull or something like that, but then Storm has applications of her power that are equally devistating that she can use against IW. I would argue that Ororo is probably quicker on the draw than Sue. I have already created some characters in mind that would be awesome antagonists for Storm, but I don't want to tell it here since I am considering writing a story. ;)

All that said, removing instant kill moves and "quick draw strategies", I think Dr. Strange could beat Storm. There isn't much she can do to defend against his powerset. Her only hope would be to try and knock him out at the beginning of the fight by manipulating his body heat or pressure within his system, but I said I was going to remove instant kill moves and quick draw scenerios. I think Phoenix-possessed Jean would be a good match for Storm as long as Jean was not Dark Phoenix. Dr. Doom with prep could like beat Storm with a combo of magic and technology. Classic Juggernaut who's only vulnerability was TP would probably stalemate Storm. She sticks to the air and blinds him with a blizzard so he can't locate her and if he keeps charging around the battle field, she would not be able to BFR him since no force can stop his charge. Well, I don't know. What if he were charging blindly around the BF due to being snowblind (she can still track him via his movements in the environment and she can see him through the snow by altering her vision) and she blasts a massive hole in the ground underneath him? Since he can't fly, can he run on thin air? If not, then the hole stops his charge and she can toss him to the other side of the globe via her winds. She would not be able to knock him out though. If she were forced to fight Juggernaut to the finish with no BFR, classic Juggernaut would win after she gets tired enough to sleep. lol. In the comics, tossing Juggernaut across the globe is not a realistic scenerio since he would just cause damage wherever he goes. This is not a foe she could put down by herself. She would need to work with a telepath like Emma so once they get his helmet off, she can work her TP against him.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling:

The evil was NOT cytorrak, it was them. They ripped the evil out of themselves and trapped it in that energy ball. The evil (their evil) called out to Juggernaut/cyttorak, IIRC and brought them there. They brought the X-Men to their dimension to deal with the problem since they didn't want to get their hands dirty. When Storm used her powers and tapped into the forces of that dimension, they sensed it and her powers and they feared it. That is why they tried to trap her, but she proved to be too strong. Again, if she only matched their power, they would have been able to prevent her from executing those threats, but she knew and they knew that they were powerless to stop her. Why? I say this because if she were merely equal in power to them, all they would have to do is engage her in combat and she would not be able to use her abilities to do the things she said she could do. Its like with Emma vs. Exodus. Emma engaged Exodus in TP combat to force him to exercise all of his concentration in TP war so he could not bring his TK to bear against her teamates. The Trion would have been able to exercise a similar strategy against Ororo to stop her, but they could not because she was more powerful thus she could do as she pleased with them being powerless to prevent it.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: It was Cytorrak in another form as mother nature existed as The Trion in that dimension. The Trion was the evil just as Storm was the Trion and Juggernaut was Cytorrak. They were all merely forces of nature fighting each other. Evil in Earth's dimension is apparently represented as Cytorrak; which was why it was able to bring Juggernaut there. The Trion brought the X-men there to deal with the Juggernaut, and had realized Storm was tapping into the same power source as they and entrapped her in a dream state in order to prevent her from intervening with their plans. Storm was merely the equation that could have tipped the balance in either of their favors because she wielded powers of that reality just as much as any of the other powerful forces could. Think of it like this; two heads are better than one. If Storm sided with the evil she could have ganged up against the Trion when they were already being matched against an opponent. Just as the darkness brought the Juggernaut into the equation to overthrow the Trion, the Trion brought in the X-men to stop it. It's all like a big game of chess in the end. Neither was more powerful than the other, but Storm was in a position of power where she could have tipped the balance in the favor of the evil.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling:

Here is the issue I have with what you are saying, she said, "I can destroy you with what I know." She did not say, "I can destroy everything you've worked for with what I know." There is a major difference between the two. Furthermore, afterwards, she added, "...or I can release the evil..." in refernce to the evil the stripped of themselves and trapped in that ball of energy. If it were a simple matter of her taking a side against them, she would have left it with, "I can release back into you the evil trapped within this energy," or something like that. Also, the Trion were the "gods" of that dimension. Ejelp (or whatever his name was) and his race existed in that dimension to worship the Trion. You said that Storm wielded the powers just as much as any of the other powerful forces could. The only powerful forces of that dimension were the Trion and then Storm when she arrived. Anyway, I may have to reread the story given what you are saying. However, I do believe that Storm proved to be more powerful than the Trion. Whatever the case, the Trion was unable to overpower Storm. That much was obvious.

That said, you never answered my question, how would Meggan defend against or counter Storm's winds? What would Meggan do against winds strong enough to tax Magneto's powers, force objects through mountains, etc? From my viewpoint, she'd be battered unconscious as there is nothing she can do.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: "With what I know" This indicates that this is a matter of knowledge not raw power; considering she said it right after she gave them the lecture about yin and yang. The Trion had entrapped her in a dream state for a time. If she had the raw power to overthrow them then she could have done so from the beginning. She couldn't, the best she could do was match their power and stalemate them. They both tapped into the same energy source but neither could defeat the other without affecting the dimension in a way that would have destroyed it. What she merely did was fixed the problems they caused and lectured them on what they have failed to grasp in their reality. She had not shown a single time in the issue that she was more powerful than the Trion. Her point, if you reread the lecture, was that the Trion should never have tried to banish their evil; because it prevented them from moving forward and advancing. There were four powerful forces in that reality, the evil force and the three elementals that had kept the dark force at bay. Storm could have destroyed the reality and the chains that binned that force; because she had access to the vastness of power in that dimension, and there was nothing that the Trion could have done to cut her off. Just because you are tapping in the same pool does not mean you can control what another does within it. The Trion were not the pool, they were merely conscious forces guiding it; just as Storm was.

Also my point was if both Storm and Meggan were tapping into the same energy systems, then there is not much Storm could do to over power Meggan in this regard. This is more of a spellcasting match, not raw power; considering they are equal.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage:

4) See number 3.

I'm so glad to see you again! : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling:

In regards to the Galactus scan, it was stated in very plain language that Meggan was no match for Galactus. The reason I assert that Storm's elemental powers are much more powerful than Meggan's is because Meggan's showings of elemental control are much smllaer and much weaker than Storm's. Meggan controls forest fires, Storm controls continent-sized blizzards. Meggan partially parks a lake or reservior or something, Storm controls a hemosphere-sized hurricane. Meggan creates an earthquake to swallow up a building, Storm creates a gamma-powered elemental shield around the planet to deflect a world-destroying blast. from the sun. Meggan cannot compete with Ororo.

Yeah, just noticed that was mentioned now after rereading. lol

Those scans prove alot. It's shown that she can wield the power cosmic and tap into the power of the earth to amplify her abilities. Those feats alone put her and Storm into the same class of elemental manipulation; because If both are tapping into the same energy source, then they are essentially wielding the same amount of raw power that is essential to them performing their feats. If Meggan can do more with her abilities, such as shapeshifting, then she has a significant advantage over Storm that cannot be matched. It gives her much more durability and intangibility to her attacks while Storm at the very most could take a tatical approach by deflecting or absorbing SOME of her attacks. .

Just because two people can tap into the same power source does not make them equal in power. Storm and the Trion were tapping into the same power source, but they were not equal in power. She was considerably more powerful than they. Magneto and Polaris control the same forces, but he is more powerful than she. You have to look at what the two characters have been able to accomplish. In terms of elemental powers, Storm is definitely the more powerful of the two, hands down. Meggan has her shapeshifting, strength and durability powers, but in order for those things to be useful, she'll have to close in on Storm for H-2-H range. Storm knows Meggan has superstrength and isn't going to let Meggan get anywhere near given the winds at Storm's command. If the battle stays long range, Storm's stronger elemental powers gives her the advantage over Meggan. If the battle comes down to H-2-H, Meggan's shapeshifting, superstrength and durability gives her the advantage over Ororo. It is totally Storm's call as to whether the battle is close ranged or long ranged owed to Storm's wind powers. Therefore, Storm wins.

I agree with Stormcell. : )

Besides, if Storm can put back Voght from mist to human form, then I don't see why Storm can't do that to Meggan

@White Mage said:

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage said:

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage said:

@Stormcell said:

1) IIRC, Meggan was able to defeat Jamie Braddock because of her shapeshifting abilities. Storm's powerset are completely different from Jamie's and no amount of shapeshifting is going to save Meggan from what Storm dishes out.

2) Meggan's elemental powers are considerably weaker than Storm's. When has Meggan ever summoned winds with anywhere near the force of the winds Storm's has summoned on numerous occassions as I listed above? When has Meggan controlled the elements over vast areas like Storm has? There is nothing Meggan can do with her elemental powers that Storm can't either deflect or wrest control of it from her. Meggan can control forest fires, Storm can control hemisphere-sized hurricanes. Meggan can create earthquakes over very limited, localized areas, Storm can command continent-sized blizzards. I can go on and on, but as you can see, Storm's elemental powers are much stronger than Meggan's. Meggan can project the lifeforce of the Earth in energy blasts which will only empower Storm as she absorbs that lifeforce to boost her own elemental powers. Storm is a nightmare for Meggan.,

That is a huge assumption.....huge

I mean, Storm is connected to the earth at all times, that didn't stop her from being harmed by her own lightning. How is she going to "absorb" foreign energy blasts?

That is not an assumption at all. Did you read Uncanny 165 carefully where she summoned the full power of a galactic core? The galactic core was full of millions of stars and planets, heavenly bodies of living energy. She was empowered by all of the life force by every single heavenly body of that core and was able to draw upon that life force in its full measure which translated to the sum totality of all the power of the galactic core she was presently in at that time. The issue even stated that she takes the life energies of the Earth to control the elements here. Meggan, in blasting her with that earth life force blast, would essentially be "feeding" Storm.

In regards to Meggan, first thing that needs to be established is Meggan hitting Storm with Earth's life force energy is not a "foreign" energy to Storm. Storm is actually powered by the life force of living heavenly bodies. That include's the Earth. If Meggan ever blasted Storm with her lifeforce blast, if it did anything to hurt Storm, it would be total PIS against Storm. Same is true with the lightning, when Storm is hurt by lightning, it is PIS. I have seen her channel the full electrical power of an entire storm through her body as casually as one would flip on a light switch. I have seen her take electrical blasts from other electrcity-wielding characters like Blitzkrieg and shrug it off like its nothing. It did not affect her at all. Canon states that Storm cannot be directly harmed by any of the weather's manifestations which includes lightning, the most powerful electrical force on the planet. The life force blasts of Meggan should have an affect on Storm. It should actually boost Storm's elemental powers.

It is still an assumption. I've seen her lightning get enhanced by the electromagnetic spectrum, but she still got hurt by it being pulled directly through her body. I've seen her conjure the power of millions of stars and planets, that doesn't mean that she's incapable of burning to death.

And Claremont established how she can be hurt by lightning.

1) When Storm got hurt by the lightning being pulled through her body, that was PIS. Storm can detect all natural occurances before they happen (Uncanny X-Men 117). This would include lightning strikes. I take it you are referring to Uncanny 150 where Storm was hurt by lightning because it caught her off guard, right? PIS. In Uncanny 185, Storm was barely regaining conscience from Rogue's vampiric touch and she was able to "feel" the lightning strike even when weakened and barely conscious. She should have also felt Magneto warp the EM fields above her to attract the bolt from the sky. PIS all over.

2) I am not talking about Meggan's life force blast enhancing Storm's lightning, but enhancing Storm herself which would enhance ANYTHING Storm does. Lets say for a minute that Meggan's life force blasts can harm Storm. Big deal, doesn't mean Storm can use her powers to deflect or that she can't dodge it.

Regardless as to what you say, Storm has a HUGE advantage in this fight. Storm for the win.

It wasn't PIS. It was a surprise attack. There are a LOT of showings that further explain how Storm's powers work, and how she can be hurt by other elementals.

1. Unexpected surges throw off her ability of adaption, thus, she could get fried

2. If a blast is too violent, it could overcome her

3. Her powers work gently with nature, so as not to throw off her empathy...she was unable to stop a gust of wind that was created by a creatures flapping wings

Regardless of what you say, Storm is capable of (and this is in her power description set up BY Claremont), being harmed by effects of weather, without a single ounce of PIS being involved.

If Storm gets hit by a life force blast, she could very well be harmed. COULD SHE absorb it? Possibly. Would it be out of character for her to be downed by it? No, it really wouldn't.

I'm not even saying that Meggan is MORE powerful than Storm in the elemental department. I'm just saying we can't pretend her defeats against elemental attacks never happened, and label them as PIS, when they were introduced from JUMP

I don't believe in surprise attacks. Storm can sense her surroundings that's why I was shocked that magneto was able to hurl Colossus to hit her without Storm noticing it.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Storm Calling

@jhazzroucher: LOL, go back to playing with small clouds, Jhazz... Voght does not have access to the natural occurring energy systems. It is a completely different type of scenario with Meggan considering her power is not to only turn into a small body of mist. She can access the raw power from the planet itself to empower her just like Storm and she has done it in different dimensions as well. If anything, this is one of the only characters that I have ever seen who's powers have been shown to be so similar to Storms.

It's hard to argue a battle of wills when both can increase their will through this energy pool; both mentally and physically. This is why I don't see how she would have been able to defeat another being like the Trion through sheer raw power alone...

And Storm can be affected by lightning if surprised, that is totally feasible and canon. The sudden surge of power would be too much for her if she is unprepared for the attack on her body. She has to be consciously ready to deflect it or absorb it; and in all three scenarios Mage provided, she was not prepared. Just because she can sense lightning bolts and objects moving through the air does not mean she is focused on it. Storm has already shown that she filters some of the weather effects out of her mind...

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell: "With what I know" This indicates that this is a matter of knowledge not raw power; considering she said it right after she gave them the lecture about yin and yang. The Trion had entrapped her in a dream state for a time. If she had the raw power to overthrow them then she could have done so from the beginning. She couldn't, the best she could do was match their power and stalemate them. They both tapped into the same energy source but neither could defeat the other without affecting the dimension in a way that would have destroyed it. What she merely did was fixed the problems they caused and lectured them on what they have failed to grasp in their reality. She had not shown a single time in the issue that she was more powerful than the Trion. Her point, if you reread the lecture, was that the Trion should never have tried to banish their evil; because it prevented them from moving forward and advancing. There were four powerful forces in that reality, the evil force and the three elementals that had kept the dark force at bay. Storm could have destroyed the reality and the chains that binned that force; because she had access to the vastness of power in that dimension, and there was nothing that the Trion could have done to cut her off. Just because you are tapping in the same pool does not mean you can control what another does within it. The Trion were not the pool, they were merely conscious forces guiding it; just as Storm was.

Also my point was if both Storm and Meggan were tapping into the same energy systems, then there is not much Storm could do to over power Meggan in this regard. This is more of a spellcasting match, not raw power; considering they are equal.

There are some things that need to be said.

1) The Trion are the sum of that entire including its past, present and future.

2) The evil force came from the Trion. Its was their evil concentrated inside of that energy ball.

3) You say that just because two people tap inside the same pool does not mean one can cut the other off, right? Your assumption is wrong. Here is what you said:

Storm could have destroyed the reality and the chains that binned that force; because she had access to the vastness of power in that dimension, and there was nothing that the Trion could have done to cut her off. Just because you are tapping in the same pool does not mean you can control what another does within it.

I am very glad that you made this comment. I disagree with this. When the X-Men fought Alpha Flight, Shaman used a weather spell to tap into the weather systems to create a blizzard and attempted to wield it against the X-men. Storm wrested control of the blizzard from Shaman, doubled its power and turned it back upon Alpha Flight. He was powerless to stop her. In Cable issue 20, Storm battled the Dark Rider, Hurricane, who could also control the weather. She wrested control of the elements from him and he was powerless to assert control over the weather while she exercised her dominion over it. Your comment about Storm being able to "destroy the reality and the chains that bound that evil force" that the Trion had imprisoned is an accurate one. If Storm had merely matched the Trion in power, they would have been able to stalemate her attempt to try and unbound what they bound hence she had to be more powerful than them to accomplish this otherwise neither side would have gained any ground upon its preexisting state prior to Storm's attempts to tamper with it had she chose to pursue that course of action.

4) Storm and Meggan are both tapping into the same energy systems, but Storm is able to tap into them for much more powerful elemental effects and has the feats of elemental manifestations to prove it. Meggan has not been able to generate wind forces anywhere near Storm's level. She has not been able to exercise control over the environment anywhere near the scale Storm has. Just because two people are tapping into the same power source does not mean they wield that power source equally as I have already shown with Storm wresting control of the elements from other elementals. You have not been able to counter my attack. What will Meggan do if Storm assaulted her with winds that can strain Magneto's powers, force objects through mountains, lift skyscrapers, etc? What feat of elemental power has Meggan shown that can defend against an attack like that or counter it? I know of none.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher: LOL, go back to playing with small clouds, Jhazz... Voght does not have access to the natural occurring energy systems. It is a completely different type of scenario with Meggan considering her power is not to only turn into a small body of mist. She can access the raw power from the planet itself to empower her just like Storm and she has done it in different dimensions as well. If anything, this is one of the only characters that I have ever seen who's powers have been shown to be so similar to Storms.

It's hard to argue a battle of wills when both can increase their will through this energy pool; both mentally and physically. This is why I don't see how she would have been able to defeat another being like the Trion through sheer raw power alone...

And Storm can be affected by lightning if surprised, that is totally feasible and canon. The sudden surge of power would be too much for her if she is unprepared for the attack on her body. She has to be consciously ready to deflect it or absorb it; and in all three scenarios Mage provided, she was not prepared. Just because she can sense lightning bolts and objects moving through the air does not mean she is focused on it. Storm has already shown that she filters some of the weather effects out of her mind...

1) Meggan does NOT have Storm's willpower by any stretch of the imagination. You saw how easily she was manipulated by Jamie's emotions when she assumed the form of that obese woman. She is often times overtaken by the emotions of others. Her empathy has worked against her numerous times in this way. If she had the indomitable will Storm is possessed of, it would be no problem for Meggan to overcome the incoming desires of others picked up by her empathy. I cannot imagine Meggan being able to best a telepath like Storm can either. Storm has too much raw power going for her for Meggan to be able to handle. Storm can ramp up her elemental attacks to levels far beyond what Meggan can hope to cope with. Meggan does not have the feats of elemental display to compete with Storm.

2) This comment you made right here: "Storm has already shown that she filters some of the weather effects out of her mind" would be the only way she could be caught by surprise. In Uncanny 150, you'd have to argue that she was filtering out what was going on around her simply because she underestimated Magneto. She considered him beaten when he was not, thus she let her guard down and began filtering out what was going on in her environment. Anything else is total PIS. It should be impossible to catch Storm by surprise if she isn't filtering things out. Anyway, I think what happened in Uncanny 150 was her ability to sense objects moving through the air and elemental events going on around her were simply ignored for Magneto to have a way to win. There is no way Magneto should have been able to catch Storm like that with Colossus in that issue either. Storm's ability to detect movement, energy and shifts in the environment is something that is often times ignored by writers, but also used on numerous occassions. If written always with all of her assets, she becomes a near unbeatable character in the x-books which makes the team unnecessary or redundant. However, on the internet, when we debate her, we give her all of her assets all the time.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: You are using characters that have been given no proof that they actually tap into the life force of the earth in order to boost their abilities. Remember, Storm was unable to disperse Shamen's blizzard on her own; she needed to tap into the earth's power to boost her abilities. There is no proof that Shaman could have tapped into an ability such as this to boost his power. We both know she easily over powered him after she landed on the plane... You are comparing characters with similar abilities; not characters who tap into the same energy pool. Hurricane, I won't even reply, he falls into the same category as my previous statement as well.

The Trion are the sum of that dimension, but they are also the representation of the elementals of nature. They tap into the same pool as Storm to maintain that dimension as they have and this was why Storm was able to channel their power. You could say that they are a "they" and not one sentient being, as I've been trying to explain.

Their darkness was sentient and because the three elementals ganged up against it, it went for help in the Earth's dimension to locate it's representation of it's force there. Which was Cytorrak. It brought Juggernaut back because he tapped into Cytorrak's force. If this force were truly rid of, then this scenario would not have been possible... Just as Storm would have been able to free them, the dark force was still very much present and still able to consciously access some power from the "pool". That is why I said the Trion never "truly" rid itself of it's evil; as it was still causing all sorts of chaos.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: Meggan wouldn't need Storm's willpower though; which is my point. If she can tap into the same pool to boost herself spiritually and physically, then I don't see how them battling it out over wills would provide a victor... They are essentially boosting their wills to the same limit as the earth's natural power would allow...

Thanks for acknowledging that last pharagraph Stormcell, I have made my peace with this whole lightning thing with merely that explanation alone. You could call it PIS or you can curb the showing by saying she let her guard down and wasn't paying attention. I think the latter will prove you to be a much more reasonable debater. :)

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling:

Here is what you are not seeing, okay? Yes, Storm and Meggan can tap into the Earth's life force. Storm says the life force of the Earth sustains her physically and spiritually. She also taps into this to amp her powers. Meggan taps into the life force of the Earth to control the elements and to boost her physical constitution. Meggan can usilize the Earth's life force to boost her physical stature and bodily strength FAR beyond Storm's physical strength eventhough Storm is also sustained by the life force of heavenly bodies physically (This is probably why Storm appears to be potentially immortal in some storyarcs like "The 12", who knows?). On the other hand, Storm is able to tap into the life force of the Earth for feats of elemental powers FAR greater than what Meggan has been able to achieve. Meggan is more powerful than Storm in utilizing the life force of the Earth for her physical body, but Storm is more powerful than Meggan in utlizing the life force of the Earth for elemental power and control, hence, Meggan has feats of super strength far beyond Storm's strenght levels and Storm has feats of elemental displays far beyond Meggan's show of elemental powers. Furthermore, Storm appears to be able to draw upon much more of this energy than Meggan given how Storm has continental, hemisphere and global feats which puts her leaps and bounds ahead of Meggan in the elemental department. On top of that, Storm is able to manifest the elements with far greater force than Meggan ever could. Storm's strengths over Meggan in this give her a major advantage over Meggan in long distance battle while Meggan's strengths in this give her a major advantage over Storm in up close H-2- combat. Thing is, Storm can keep Meggan at bay with her winds and batter her unconscious at a distance with enormously powerful wind assaults or manipuation of heat, air, pressure, etc within Meggan's body.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Stormcell

@White Mage:

Non-cosmic characters that can beat Storm hands down if BFR is not allowed: Classic Juggernaut

Non-cosmic characters that can beat Storm, but she can win ONLY if she is faster on the draw at the beginning of the fight: Dr. Strange, Graviton, Dr. Doom with magic plus prep with technology

Then you have characters that are kind of iffy. Things like can they speed blitz her before she can access her powers at the less than conscious thought (plot device that can go either way depending on the writer and what they want for the story) and stuff like that...

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: Great breakdown; however, if Meggan were to copy Storm's mutant abilities with her shapeshifting, then I don't see how she would be able to match Meggan if she became a 1,000 foot taller Storm with the same access to the pool...

Meggan is a tough cookie, I don't think Storm could take her at full power.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling:

Here's the thing with the whole "lightning" business: White Mage's argument falls apart when consider EVERYTHING Magneto had to do to hurt Storm with the lightning in Uncanny 150. First he had to warp the EM fields above Storm's head (she should have sensed that), then a bolt had to come into being (she should have sensed the bolt before it came into being), then the bolt had to be drawn to the magnetic field Magneto set up to attract it from the sky once the bolt came into being (she should have felt this as well), then the bolt passes through the magnetic field that was erected above her head (which she should have detected, lol), strikes her and is filtered through her body making it safe for Magneto to absorb. Either she let her guard down thinking Magneto was defeated and filtered the things going on in her environment out or her ability to detect all of this was ignored so Magneto could get the drop on her. I have gone on ad naseum on this board on how not only Storm, but other characters as well have been devalued in order for Magneto to get a victory over them.

Now lets look at her battle against Blitzkrieg. Blitzkrieg just blasted her flat out with lightning multiple times in the middle of the fight and it had absolutely no effect on Storm whatsoever. He did not have to go through that whole long drawn out process like Magneto did in Uncanny 150 to accomplish this either where all of those steps had to happen in order for Magneto to pull of catching Storm by surprise and she should have been able to feel every single step. lol. He hit Storm with lightning over and over and it was an instantaneous thing. He did not tell her, "Look out, Storm, I'm about to hit you with lightning, so get your body prepared." She was just immune to his attacks and even managed to disperse one of his lightning attacks against her.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell: Great breakdown; however, if Meggan were to copy Storm's mutant abilities with her shapeshifting, then I don't see how she would be able to match Meggan if she became a 1,000 foot taller Storm with the same access to the pool...

Meggan is a tough cookie, I don't think Storm could take her at full power.

Where has Meggan ever mimicked somebody's elemental powers who were stronger than her own? I was unable to read those scans where she allegedly mimicked Dazzler's powers. I will have to see Meggan mimick Storm's powers before I would give that to her. Also, if someone mimicks Storm's powers, it doesn't mean they will be equally powerful to Ororo. Storm's powers are limited by the force of her will and body. Even if Meggan could mimick Storm's powers (and she cannot until she is shown doing so), she would need to possess Storm's willpower to match Ororo. Storm's willpower is far beyond Meggan's.

Again, it should be noted that Meggan has no defense against Storm's winds. If Storm were to crank up the force of her winds like she does when she's really feeling motivated, Meggan is toast.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: Storm knew Blitzkrieg could shoot lightning though; he was literally flying on a lightning bolt. lol

So I think it's safe to assume she was prepared for that attack. As for Magneto, it was deliberately a surprise attack; Magneto even mentions this. That much we know for certainty. She would have been immune if she knew it was coming. I think we'll just have to go with Storm putting her prime focus on the state of Magneto at that moment. Up to that point I don't think Magneto had ever fired a lightning attack at her, he merely redirected hers back into her direction and absorbed it. That was the first time he had ever caught her by surprise by attracting a bolt of lightning into her direction. The same with the cold attack and the others. The old man was full of surprises.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell: Storm knew Blitzkrieg could shoot lightning though; he was literally flying on a lightning bolt. lol

So I think it's safe to assume she was prepared for that attack. As for Magneto, it was deliberately a surprise attack; Magneto even mentions this. That much we know for certainty. She would have been immune if she knew it was coming. I think we'll just have to go with Storm putting her prime focus on the state of Magneto at that moment. Up to that point I don't think Magneto had ever fired a lightning attack at her, he merely redirected her back into her direction and absorbed it. That was the first time he had ever caught her by surprise by attracting a bolt of lightning into her direction. The same with the cold attack and the others. The old man was full of surprises.

The first time Magneto hurt Storm with lightning was pure PIS. She knew it was coming. Right as she fired off her lightning blast, he threw up an interference field. The lightning flew into the field and deflected back to her and knocked her out of the fight. Therefore, the bolt had a round trip before it came back to her and she knew right as the bolt STARTED its round trip that it was coming back to her. She should not have been hurt by it. Blitzkrieg's bolts only made a one way trip to Storm, so she had less time to be aware of it and the bolt had no effect. I think what happened is by Uncanny 150, CC realized that what happened the first time the two fought that what occured made no sense, so he tried to come up with a plausible way for Magneto to win the fight with Storm and hurt her this way because the two instances actually contradict each other when you think about it.

In regards to the blizzard attack, Storm hit Magneto with an attack that could have killed him had she lost control, but she held back/hesitated at the last instant of her assault which gave Magneto the upperhand. He stated outright that she could have beaten him if she did not hold back.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: This was why I said "if", I'm not sure myself if she could but there were several scans provided of her copying mutant abilities. I honestly don't believe her copying ability would rely on how powerful a mutant, though you do make a valid point.

here are the scans

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling:

Her mimicking Sandman could probably be chaulked up to her earth elemental aspect. I mean, she is able to turn into a water sprite afterall. Look at what happened when she tried to mimick Dazzler's powers, her power conked out on her. LOL! Storm is WAY more powerful than Dazzler. She would not be able to mimick Storm's powers based off that...and if she did, it would be nowhere near Storm's level of power.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: Umm, Stormcell... I don't think there's a "roundtrip" when lightning is concerned. It's there and then it's not. Storm doesn't have the reflexes of a speedster, and I'm certain the lightning was already on her before she realized it was being hurled back into her direction. Storm was fighting a character who wields lightning as his power, she would have been absolutely prepared for him to fire any shots.When she encountered Magneto, she had no idea a bolt was about to be hurled into her direction until it was too late for her to counter it.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling:

Okay, she copied Storm's physical form. I already knew she could do that, but where is she pulling feats to match Storm's? Look at what happened when she tried to mimick Dazzler's powers, her power conked out on her. LOL! Storm is WAY more powerful than Dazzler. She would not be able to mimick Storm's powers based off that...and if she did, it would be nowhere near Storm's level of power.

LOL, they conked out because there was no sound... :p

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling said:

@Stormcell: Umm, Stormcell... I don't think there's a "roundtrip" when lightning is concerned. It's there and then it's not. Storm doesn't have the reflexes of a speedster, and I'm certain the lightning was already on her before she realized it was being hurled back into her direction. Storm was fighting a character who wields lightning as his power, she would have been absolutely prepared for him to fire any shots.When she encountered Magneto, she had no idea a bolt was about to be hurled into her direction until it was too late for her to counter it.

Okay, in that case, then if Ororo were to fight Magneto on these boards, I will simply say that she knows he can set up interference fields (though I doubt he could deflect a high end bolt from her given how she has much more raw power than he to beef the bolt up) and does things like try and draw bolts from the sky by using magnetic fields to attract them since electricity is attracted to magnetism. Knowing these things, she won't let her guard down thus he will not be able to hurt her with electricity.

That said, I don't believe Meggan can imitate somebody as powerful as Ororo. Meggan is imitating characters much weaker than herself. Storm is a vastly more powerful elemental. I'm not going to say Meggan can imitate Storm until I see her take Storm;s form and pull feats to match Storm's high end feats.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling said:

There was a round trip in this instance. Storm fired a bolt of lightning at Magneto. Magneto, having studied Storm's powers and fighting style prior to the battle, probably expected a bolt from Storm. So as Storm was firing a bolt at Magneto, he set up an interference field at the same time to deflect the bolt back upon her. Therein was the round trip. The bolt left Storm, flew into the interference field and then deflected off the field back at Storm. Magneto would have had to set up his interference field at the same time Storm was in the process of firing her bolt otherwise he would not have gotten it up in time because of the speed of the lightning's travel. As soon as the interference field was up, she knew what was going to happen and should have been prepared. She had less warning than this when she fought Blitzkrieg. Of course, she was a novice fighter with no idea whatsoever of Magneto's abilities when he fought her that first time. However, from now on, she would always be prepared for an electric attack from Magneto in case he tries to take her by surprise with one so it won't work.

Here is what I am saying, Magneto hurting Storm with electricity is nullified in internet discussion since she now knows what he can do. She knew what Blitzkrieg could do and it had no affect on her whatsoever. Same now holds true for Magneto on internet discussions.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling said:

Okay, in that case, then if Ororo were to fight Magneto on these boards, I will simply say that she knows he can set up interference fields (though I doubt he could deflect a high end bolt from her given how she has much more raw power than he to beef the bolt up) and does things like try and draw bolts from the sky by using magnetic fields to attract them since electricity is attracted to magnetism. Knowing these things, she won't let her guard down thus he will not be able to hurt her with electricity.

That said, I don't believe Meggan can imitate somebody as powerful as Ororo. Meggan is imitating characters much weaker than herself. Storm is a vastly more powerful elemental. I'm not going to say Meggan can imitate Storm until I see her take Storm;s form and pull feats to match Storm's high end feats.

Lmao! Fair debate then. Fair debate...

@Stormcell said:

@Storm Calling said:

There was a round trip in this instance. Storm fired a bolt of lightning at Magneto. Magneto, having studied Storm's powers and fighting style prior to the battle, probably expected a bolt from Storm. So as Storm was firing a bolt at Magneto, he set up an interference field at the same time to deflect the bolt back upon her. Therein was the round trip. The bolt left Storm, flew into the interference field and then deflected off the field back at Storm. Magneto would have had to set up his interference field at the same time Storm was in the process of firing her bolt otherwise he would not have gotten it up in time because of the speed of the lightning's travel.

I'm saying that the roundtrip would have been like two nanoseconds. If they both cast their effects at the same time then only one of them is going to be shocked by the results. In Magneto's case he had something up that would have sent the bolt right back into Storm's direction in nanoseconds. She was toast, even if she saw him put up the field. lol

The same thing happened with Storm when she fire at Arcade's lightning trap. It caught her by surprised and hurt her, but she still managed to deflected it later. With Magneto that presents a particually problem because he could consciously control the bolts as well. Her being injured on top of trying to redirect the attack would be very difficult for her.

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By torzone

Meggan

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

I agree with Stormcell. : )

Besides, if Storm can put back Voght from mist to human form, then I don't see why Storm can't do that to Meggan

@White Mage said:

I don't believe in surprise attacks. Storm can sense her surroundings that's why I was shocked that magneto was able to hurl Colossus to hit her without Storm noticing it.

AND HERE............THE HELL...........WE GO

Jhazz, if you don't go back to general discussions, all bets are off

I'm sorry, but I can't even front anymore. You need to go. Go far away from this area.

There's a reason nobody wanted to see you in the battle threads anymore

Honor that, or I'm not playing nice anymore. I'm not dancing this dance with you again

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@bansheesonicscream said:

@Vance Astro: you are so stupid fanboy

@bansheesonicscream said:

storm is so weak

It is 23 minutes past twelve, which means I am twelve hours and 23 minutes past giving a d*mn what lesser arguments provide...let alone whatever it is that you're trying to do here

So I suggest you go somewhere where you can actually be of relevant use to SOMEONE, because that's clearly not gonna happen in this thread.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#144  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

smhzzzzzzzzzzzz

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#145  Edited By Blood1991

@Buckshot said:

smhzzzzzzzzzzzz

you have the power to stop this. I am begging you to do so.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Blood1991 said:

@Buckshot said:

smhzzzzzzzzzzzz

you have the power to stop this. I am begging you to do so.

I REEAAALLLLLLY don't think he does

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Stormcell: I agree with you. : )

Anyway, please take time talking with other Storm fans in the Storm forum alright? we'll be waiting? : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage:

Non-cosmic characters that can beat Storm hands down if BFR is not allowed: Classic Juggernaut

Non-cosmic characters that can beat Storm, but she can win ONLY if she is faster on the draw at the beginning of the fight: Dr. Strange, Graviton, Dr. Doom with magic plus prep with technology

Then you have characters that are kind of iffy. Things like can they speed blitz her before she can access her powers at the less than conscious thought (plot device that can go either way depending on the writer and what they want for the story) and stuff like that...

Here's the reason why I struggle with this

A lot of the same "PIS" that you've mentioned with Storm, have also happened to Polaris.........Polaris should, by all counts, be completely immune to magnetic, and electricity based attacks.

How is it natural to see where other characters, who have elemental abilities, can be pwned by Storm, and yet unnatural for the opposite to occur?

Especially when that's the way that Storm has been written from the very beginning

You call things PIS that make actual sense with her powers, and then the door gets opened for all kinds of PIS defenses to be introduced for almost everyone

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#149  Edited By Static Shock

@Buckshot said:

smhzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hahaha!

Phylos

Forum Posts