Meetra Surik vs. Galen Marek (Lightsabers only)

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DUEL TAKES PLACE ON NEUTRAL GROUND

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surik never impressed me in sabers tbh. Galen held his own against Vader

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Galen destroys her.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marek.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Geistalt

@decaf_wizard: Surik has considerable lightsaber talent (enough to best the already-stronger-in-the-Force Kreia on the colossal dark side geyser of Malachor V), but Marek telekinetically dominates her, then fries her to death with Force Lightning (assuming he doesn't defeat her in lightsaber combat anyways).

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Starkiller getting the recognition he deserves. Anyway, Marek, of course.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Geistalt

@echostarlord117: Galen Marek's PRECISELY as skilled as TFU Vader (unless Vader really was holding back against him), what with the "the same was true in reverse" remark and the fact that, in general, he matched him blow for blow; TFU2 Starkiller's even STRONGER, 'cause there's no reason Vader'd hold back when he can–and already HAS–cloned a more compliant version of him (and his contingency plan involved relying on said clone). TFU2 Vader even claimed that that Starkiller was stronger than the original. The only reason I deem Vader better than him at all is because he improved between then and RotJ.

Just noticed that this is a pure lightsaber match; in that case, I have no idea.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Meetra IMO. Through Saber skill alone she bested Traya on a dark side nexus. She was also stated a master of all 7 forms, and due to force bonds can learn Lightsaber skills on the fly with ennimies. Add to this her skill at beating the best Mandalorians in hand to hand, and mastering as bank fighting styles against the Handmaiden.

All that said, she wins over the crappy droid that barely mimics the people he was spouse to be, that in turn train Marek.

Also Vader was never as good duelist as his Anakin self, and by TFU time frame still perfecting his style probably unless someone has a qoute that says otherwise.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Geistalt

@sirfizzwhizz: Bet you typed at least part of that last sentence with a big, stupid grin on your face.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: don't be hating with that big, stupid scowl ;)

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Geistalt

@sirfizzwhizz: Allow me to elaborate on my position: Vader got himself crippled and lost roughly half of his Force strength, so the bulk of what he improved on since RotS was his lightsaber combat skills. Force-wise, he's underwhelming compared to what he could have been (which was, effectively, NJO Luke). Vader's upper limits for the rest of his life Force-wise were half of that. He's still the same self-pitiful, overrated Villain Sue spouting "You underestimate my power (or the power of the dark side)" that he was back on Mustafar, only with half the Force potential he had before, and 20-something years' worth of experience practicing his lightsaber techniques (during which he DOES have to use what little Force strength remains to mitigate his physical ineptitude–like Dooku, just a little more skilled), and hunting Jedi.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@geistalt: interesting outlook, though I am the opposite view. IMO Vader was half what he was, but he was force to master the Force than simply tap the potential when needed which is why Vader has better force feats than his Anakin self on average.

Meanwhile his Lightsaber skill suffered for many reasons. One being Anakin force all his natural body, where Vader is limited by cybernetics and a awkward suit. Another is Anakin was able to hone his skill vs the best duelist of his era time and again, where Vader was left fighting second rate fodder Jedi and Padawans. Add to all this, the biggest reason is Vader is limited in the Lightsaber style he can use. He cannot use Form 5 which was Anakin preferred form, and the best form 5 user known in the mythos. Vader had to adopt a second rate hybrid form to compete.

So in this regard, Vader is a better force user than duelist.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Except it was confirmed by George Lucas that he ended up half as strong Force-wise, because he lost half of his body mass.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: I know, Anakin has more potential, but never bother to tap it and harness it. Vader use what he had left, which was still a lot and mastered it. That's the difference.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkishdefender
DarkishDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galen.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Geistalt

@darkishdefender: Explain why/how someone with enough Force potential to rival Sidious by his own admission, who could hardly beat Vader in a lightsaber duel (largely by relying on telekinesis) and was taught from youth to exploit his Force strength, would best Meetra Surik, who beat a decidedly stronger Force-user than herself on a dark side nexus through sheer lightsaber prowess, in a pure lightsaber match.

I just considered how SirFizzWhizz's argument failed to mention the fact that Galen had to resort to some degree of TK to beat Vader, anyways.

That heavily tilts me in Meetra Surik's favor.

DarkishDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarkishDefender

@geistalt: Galen performed as an equal or superior to Vader in their duel. The duel proceeded with Galen being caught off guard by the force of one of Vader's strikes and then being telekinetically assaulted by the Dark Lord before responding in kind. Both Vader and Galen paused to reassess their opponent and they both realized they had never seen eachother's true capabilities. They proceed to fight evenly until Galen unsuccessfully applies Dun Moch which serves to enrage Vader and allow him to land a few hits on Galen. The fight continues this time tilting in Galen's favor as Vader's energies begin to flag allowing Galen to successfully land strikes on him. Throughout all this Vader attempts a force choke on Galen which works momentarily before Galen blasts him back with a force push with the power of a mini explosion. Galen finishes the fight with lightning and TK. And if you buy into the game actually ragdolls him. During the rest of the fight they fought evenly.

Which opponent that Meetra beat on a DS nexus are you referring to?

Galen ended the fight with Force abilities. He did not resort to them to beat Vader as Vader was already injured and tiring at that point anyways.

You're free to have your opinion.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Geistalt

@darkishdefender: I was referring to Darth Traya, whom official sources say the Exile defeated "on a colossal geyser of dark side energy" despite having less Force strength. You know; the same woman who killed 3 Jedi Council members at once with a well-prepared Force Drain. She was that one boss at the end of KOTOR 2 who telekinetically wielded 3 lightsabers.

DarkishDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: I thought that might be it though I wanted to make sure you weren't referring to Sion.

GamesBlue11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one is VERY narrow for me. A lot of people in this thread are really underestimating Surik, but it is true that I think she would loose in the majority.

Meetra wins in sabers hands down, Galen was almost beat by Shakk ti in saber combat, and Meetra mastered all lightsaber forms using her force wound powers, she is certainly better in saber combat

Meetra also defeated Traya, who was more powerful in the force

However, I believe that Galen wold win in the end solely because of his overwhelming force powers. He has too many powers and a bit more raw force power (although it should be noted that surik did absorb the force energies of multiple Sith that she killed) he pulled a freaking star destroyer for calling out loud!

I give it to Galen 6/10, although if Surik did manage to kill him, she would be completely unstoppable in raw force power, beating out vader easily, only Luke and Palpatine would outshine her