Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@destinyman75:

IMO DCEU team wins.

Somethings I was just wondering about:

• Explain how the infinity stone negates speed advantage.
  • When has malekith ever shown power comparable to that of a nuke and can you prove it?
  • Wonder Woman was fast enough to deflect bullets from multiple angles and has a sword capable of cutting through kryptonians, how long does kurse's "decent defense" last?
  • IIRC Iron Man's hulkbuster has no showings of being able to endure superman's heat vision or wonder woman's sword, Do you have an argument for this?
  • Superman and Iron man would likely have an aerial battle, seeing as they are the only participants in this fight who can fly, how do you think iron man could beat superman?
FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: , aether transforms matter into dark matter sure but it needs the convergence

Dude it needs the convergence in order to "destroy the 9 realms simultaneously" There is no doubt about it's power. It was thoroughly established by Odin

and the aether didn't even damage anything in their vicinity

You're again choosing to ignore the fact that it'd began matter manipulating the 9 realms and the universe at large....as to the vicinity not being damaged, It'd began to be..The Aether storm had just been activated fam

You really ought to quit underselling MCU bro

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe: Yeah mjolnir is absolutely faster then sound.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe: again mjolnir sure can travel that fast, its a 42 pounds object not dragging dead weight. Thor can't fly even at mach 1, his flight speed has consistently been subsonic

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@almightyamortal: Mmmmm you may be right. I don't remember Kurse showing any type of super speed. Ok sure, Batman can probably dance around Kurse for a few moments until Wonder Woman OR Superman finishes the job. Now I'm only saying IF Malikeith has the R-Stone I don't see how Superman or Wonder Woman or even Batman counter someone like that.

Edit: ok I went back and saw the OP gave Malakeith the R-Stone so I THINK he alone could win this.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe said:

@scipio123: , aether transforms matter into dark matter sure but it needs the convergence

Dude it needs the convergence in order to "destroy the 9 realms simultaneously" There is no doubt about it's power. It was thoroughly established by Odin

You're again choosing to ignore the fact that it'd began matter manipulating the 9 realms and the universe at large....as to the vicinity not being damaged, It'd began to be..The Aether storm had just been activated fam

You really ought to quit underselling MCU bro

That's just speculation. What was shown onscreen was that malekith was capable of unleashing tendrils of energy that seemed have a range of 2-3 dozen metres at most.

If you want to claim that the aether has the range to affect the 9 realms without the convergence then please bring something to prove it.

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FOSTINOE

@almightyamortal said:

@destinyman75:

IMO DCEU team wins.

Right after you explain how speed negates the :MASSIVE POWER AND "HAX"ADVANTAGE:(Life-force absorption, Blackhole bombs and infinity gem that can matter-manipulate the entire universe)

• When has malekith ever shown power comparable to that of a nuke and can you prove it?

I'm gonna bet that "universal-level matter manipulation" nullifies this

• Wonder Woman was fast enough to deflect bullets from multiple angles
  • It was a trailer bro...I know it looks convincing but you cannot base your argument on a movie trailer no matter how convincing. Plus both Malekith and Kurse have reacted to mjolnir who is in fact massively hypersonic
  • and has a sword capable of cutting through kryptonians, how long does kurse's "decent defense" last?

Well Kurse "decent defense" saw him being stabbed through the chest... which did nothing to him btw(It was soooo irrelevant, he actually left it there)

• IIRC Iron Man's hulkbuster has no showings of being able to endure superman's heat vision or wonder woman's sword, Do you have an argument for this?

At least he'd take down batman....and then his watch would end.lol

• Superman and Iron man would likely have an aerial battle, seeing as they are the only participants in this fight who can fly, how do you think iron man could beat superman?
  • Distracted superman??...cus that's all ironman is really. Distracted supes could go out in various ways

jaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jaller

@DammeFavour: The Aether needed the convergence because they were direct portals to other parts of the universe. Parts far off otherwise. Making the time it takes to consume everything significantly less. Doesn't in anyway mean it won't work without it.

jaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@almightyamortal:

Whether the stone has the range to reach all 9 realms is irrelevant to this fight. We saw it has enough range to reach the sun from Earth (jane's vision). How long that will take and why malekith would even know to do that is another story.

Avatar image for naturallygifted
NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MCU Trio win this battle with a moderate amount of difficulty, they just have too much raw power for the DCEU Trinity to overcome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

IIRC malkeith's stone was not very impressive. I have noticed that some people act as if malekith with the stone was Mister Mxyzptlk level from supergirl. IIRC malekith, through the stone, increased his strength, durability and regeneration, to the point of matching thor and was capable of controlling energy that might have taken down a few buildings.

With what I have seen of malekith, I don't know what is preventing wonder woman from cutting of malekith's head and passing it to superman, allowing him the chance to throw it into outer space, thus preventing malekith from getting the chance heal - in which case DCEU team wins because he hasn't yet showed the ability to survive being beheaded.

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FOSTINOE

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Aether

@DammeFavour: Bro quit trying to make the distinction that solo mjolnir and mjolnir carrying Thor are 2 two different things....cus they aren't. What you're doing is a lil reaching. Also as u can see from the scan, The Aether "does help regenerate limbs",. However I won't blame you much for not noticing...It's hard to do so but just watch that scene again and carefully

@almightyamortal: U can check out the narration at the beginning of Dark world as well as Odin's diagnosis and "history lecture" of the Aether. Don't misconstrue "tendrils to be the full might of an infinity stone...that's just silly" Wish I could drop the video but I can't...for now those scans will do

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe: lol.....ur using a wiki as source?

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe: lol.....ur using a wiki as source?

Until I can upload a video, yh. Plus, I cited where exactly you'd find the proof you want didn't I?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DCEU stomps, HB gets one shotted Superman blitz stomps Malekieth and WW slices Kurse 's head off

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe: check this.....

Theres no actual hand present
Theres no actual hand present

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe:

@fostinoe said:
@almightyamortal said:

@destinyman75:

IMO DCEU team wins.

Right after you explain how speed negates the :MASSIVE POWER AND ADVANTAGE:(Life-force absorption, Blackhole bombs and infinity gem that can matter-manipulate the entire universe)

I'm gonna bet that "universal-level matter manipulation" nullifies this

• Wonder Woman was fast enough to deflect bullets from multiple angles
  • It was a trailer bro...I know it looks convincing but yo cannot base your argument on a movie trailer no matter how convincing. Plus both Malekith and Kurse have reacted to mjolnir who is in fact massively hypersonic
  • and has a sword capable of cutting through kryptonians, how long does kurse's "decent defense" last?

Well Kurse "decent defense" saw him being stabbed through the chest... which did nothing to him btw(It was soooo irrelevant, he actually left it there)

At least he'd take down batman....and then his watch would end.lol

• Distracted superman??...cus that's all ironman is really. Distracted supes cold go out in various ways
    1. I don't remember anyone absorbing life-force, so please actually post something to prove it.
    2. If thor can escape the black hole bomb, I believe it would be safe to say that superman and wonder woman would be able to avoid that fate, IIRC superman has comparable speed.
    3. Nothing has been shown on-screen that proves malekith has universal range with the infinity gem. Just because a previous user of a stone might have been capable of achieving the feat does not mean it is safe to assume that malekith can do the same.... e.g., previous user of power stone destroyed a world simply by standing on its surface but it took the combined effort of the guardians use the stones power to destroy a single person. Without evidence your claim should regare as speculation and have no relevance in this discussion.
  1. The inifinity stone increased malekith's strength, durability, regeneration and gave him the ability to create tendrils of energy used to strike his opponents. There is no proof that malekith has "Universal level matter-manipulation" .
  2. Getting stabbed through the chest is different from being separated from your limbs or your head. There is no evidence that proves that kurse would be much trouble after he is deprived of his arms and legs.
  3. I had already stated in a previous post that I believed although the DCEU team would win, batman would likely die and I would take your answer to mean that iron man has no defence against superman's or wonder woman's attacks.
  4. I asked if you thought IM could beat SM in an aerial battle and if yes how. You did not answer my question.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@almightyamortal: Hmm you bring up a good point. I think I was referring to the Reality Manipulation where there seemed like a ripple in reality??? I don't know I was thinking if WW or Supes charged at him they'd be ported somewhere else.

SpideyJust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AlmightyAmortal

@fostinoe:

I would have no problem with you using the wiki as a source if and only if what was shown onscreen matches what is included in the wiki.

The problem with what you said is that you have misinterpreted what was given to you. Malekith cannot absorb the life force of his enemies. The Aether itself draws strength from the life force of it's host bodies i.e., whoever uses the aether risks letting the aether absorb their own life force. - which was the very reason thor wanted the aether out of jane in the first place remember?

The problem with Odin's story was that Thor himself said it was read to him as a bedtime story (when was the last time a bedtime story was actually accurate) and that it had virtually no details as to how the dark elves wanted to use the aether to accomplish their goal. What was shown on screen was that malekith needed the convergence to as well as the aether to accomplish that goal.

EDIT: Just had to add that IMO what's silly is the fact that someone supporting DCEU this time, paid more atention to the mcu movies than mcu supporters.

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

@almightyamortal: Hmm you bring up a good point. I think I was referring to the Reality Manipulation where there seemed like a ripple in reality??? I don't know I was thinking if WW or Supes charged at him they'd be ported somewhere else.

The "ripples in reality" were caused by the convergence not the aether. The text below is from MCU wiki

"During the Convergence, all of the Nine Realms of Yggdrasil are in alignment. This alignment causes the dimensional boundaries between each realm to become thin, resulting in various physical anomalies occurring at random. These phenomena include shifts in gravity, spatial extrusions, and the fabric of reality possibly tearing apart. Perhaps most notably, invisible wormholes that allow matter to move between realms are seemingly born and evaporate at random. As the Convergence reaches its apex, several larger, visible wormholes open in the sky above central locations in each realm, with each portal acting as a window through which parts of other realms can be seen."

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@almightyamortal:

I don't remember anyone absorbing life-force, so please actually post something to prove it.
As I stated, I can't share a video yet. But that link up there from (2:30) , you'd see a "glimpse" of it. But if you Do Have the movie then go check out playtime "39:02" That's a few seconds after Kurse breaks outta his cells. He absorbs the life force of the Asgardian guards on duty...within a few seconds. For now, it's the best I can do
  1. If thor can escape the black hole bomb, I believe it would be safe to say that superman and wonder woman would be able to avoid that fate, IIRC superman has comparable speed.

We couldSuperman could...But it'd be speculation. Wonder woman CANNOT seeing as she has shown no travel feats whatsoever

2. Nothing has been shown on-screen that proves malekith has universal range with the infinity gem. Just because a previous user of a stone might have been capable of achieving the feat does not mean it is safe to assume that malekith can do the same

Previous User?....Malekith IS the previous user. He's the ONLY user, yet

3. The inifinity stone increased malekith's strength, durability, regeneration and gave him the ability to create tendrils of energy used to strike his opponents.

4. Those are just perks of the stone
  5. There is no proof that malekith has "Universal level matter-manipulation" .

Just view my previous comment. I cited scenes in the movie where Odin (both as the narrator and in person) explicitly made Those statements

6. Getting stabbed through the chest is different from being separated from your limbs or your head. There is no evidence that proves that kurse would be much trouble after he is deprived of his arms and legs.

This is all assuming kurse doesn't touch her right?

7. I had already stated in a previous post that I believed although the DCEU team would win,
  8. To each his own I guess
  9. batman would likely die and I would take your answer to mean that iron man has no defence against superman's or wonder woman's attacks.

Yh...I mean he'd die definitely but he'd survive a while yes.

10. I asked if you thought IM could beat SM in an aerial battle and if yes how. You did not answer my question.
  11. lol. I sorta answered no mate.

@DammeFavour: Dude watch ryt after his "first arm had been teleported"...It begins to regenerate. Watch closely

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe:

I would have no problem with you using the wiki as a source if and only if what was shown onscreen matches what is included in the wiki.

Great

The problem with what you said is that you have misinterpreted what was given to you. Malekith cannot absorb the life force of his enemies.

Never said this...Said Kurse Not Malekith.

The problem with Odin's story was that Thor himself said it was read to him as a bedtime story (when was the last time a bedtime story was actually accurate)

and that it had virtually no details as to how the dark elves wanted to use the aether to accomplish their goal.

SO Odin explicitly stating it as a force of "infinite destruction" is inconsequential huh?

What was shown on screen was that malekith needed the convergence to as well as the aether to accomplish that goal.

Again, You're overplaying the convergence's usefulness.

EDIT: Just had to add that IMO what's silly is the fact that someone supporting DCEU this time, paid more atention to the mcu movies than mcu supporters.

lol. bruh...lmao (You don't even recall kurse absorbing life forces)

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@almightyamortal: as you have just stated via your wiki post, the convergence just creates portals to the other worlds...heck even the word "window" is used. But ""universal destruction"" is solely the Gem's

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AlmightyAmortal

@fostinoe:

1. A character grunting off-screen does not prove anything.
  2. Wonder Woman could get caught in the bomb, but then again it would just be speculation on whether or not kurse would be able to activate the bomb before he is decapitated.
  3. IMO it does not matter what may or may not have happened previously because what was shown on-screen was that the convergence was an essential part of the dark elves plan.
  4. Those perks are the only abilities that the aether gives it's user without the aid of the convergence.
  5. Narration or statements from characters are of secondary importance compared to what was actually shown on screen.
  6. And you are assuming Kurse could actually touch her.
  7. Until you provide real on-screenevidence instead of exaggeration you are not convincing anyone.
  8. I agree, batman does survive for a while.
  9. If anything, you showed your inability to provide a real answer.
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@almightyamortal: Did you not watch the movie or understand the plot? The nine realms were visible the reach is on screen and far more then a few meters. As to how it negates speed. Teleportation is the answer. It may not outright negate per say but it makes the speed less relevant since he can Telaport here to there very quickly. Which doesn't make them any slower but it makes malkeith much harder to engage, which also makes him more dangerous with his ranged attacks. Those are very relevant to the battle and should be looked at.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: aether doesn't teleport. There's no convergence in this scenario. All teleportation in the movie were caused by the convergence

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AlmightyAmortal
@fostinoe said:

@almightyamortal: as you have just stated via your wiki post, the convergence just creates portals to the other worlds...heck even the word "window" is used. But ""universal destruction"" is solely the Gem's

Somehow "shifts in gravity, spatial extrusions, and the fabric of reality possibly tearing apart" means causing no damage at all to you, seeing as how you state that the "destruction" aspect belongs solely to the aether. I suggest reading the whole thing and not just what you want to see.

My understanding is that the convergence is what allows the aether to destruction on all of the nine realms and there has been no evidence to support the idea that the aether is capable of causing that level of destruction by itself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: dude, things have been teleporting before the aether came into play. That's how jane ended up close to the aether. Aether doesn't teleport, do malekith is getting sliced in half most likely

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75:

@almightyamortal: Did you not watch the movie or understand the plot? The nine realms were visible the reach is on screen and far more then a few meters. As to how it negates speed. Teleportation is the answer. It may not outright negate per say but it makes the speed less relevant since he can Telaport here to there very quickly. Which doesn't make them any slower but it makes malkeith much harder to engage, which also makes him more dangerous with his ranged attacks. Those are very relevant to the battle and should be looked at.

@destinyman75 said:

@DammeFavour: aether didn't malkeith did

Because it makes much more sense that malekith did all the teleporting seeing as how he deliberately teleported his massive ship onto himself, seemingly causing his own death....

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: again malekith CANNOT teleport. He doesn't have the power

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By FOSTINOE

@almightyamortal said:

@fostinoe:

dude I gave you the exact playtime...If you have the movie, just check it out. If not quit ignorantly acting cocky

2. Wonder Woman could get caught in the bomb, but then again it would just be speculation on whether or not kurse would be able to activate the bomb before he is decapitated.

Kurse reacted to mjolnir bro, I'm certain he'll do fine

3. IMO it does not matter what may or may not have happened previously because what was shown on-screen was that the convergence was an essential part of the dark elves plan.

No one said It wasn't essential...All we're traying to do is make you understand that The Gem is what is powerful enough to destroy the universe...The convergence just facilitates it(makes it easier)

4. Those perks are the only abilities that the aether gives it's user without the aid of the convergence.

Now I know You're tripping...So what? When Malekith "activated the Aether storm " that was gonna destroy the realms, You think it's the convergence that made that happen?

5. Narration or statements from characters are of secondary importance compared to what was actually shown on screen.

??????????? What was shown on-screen was Malekith beginning to destroy the universe after the worlds had aligned. You just trying to correlate the "universal destruction" to "the convergence" when it's wrong.

Not assuming anything, Kurse reacted to a speeding mjolnir hurtling towards him "just before it tagged him". AND HE HAD HIS BACK TURNED TO MJOLNIR THE WHOLE TIME....damn straid I think Kurse would tag diana. anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what he/she is talking 'bout

7. Until you provide real on-screenevidence instead of exaggeration you are not convincing anyone.

You don't want to believe the evidence yourself apparently...I'm not exaggerating anything "An infinity Gem being described as A FORCE OF INFINITE DESTRUCTION CAPABLE OF DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE" and your only rebuttal is "the convergence was what is responsible for this destruction"? c'mon mehn

Dude I said Ironman....not bats. If you think ironman lasts 5 seconds in this fight then I really don't wanna do this with you anymore

10. ???????????????????????

Somehow "shifts in gravity, spatial extrusions, and the fabric of reality possibly tearing apart" means causing no damage at all to you

Shifts in gravity=/= universal destruction...not even a lil

(spatial extrusions, and the fabric of reality possibly tearing apart) all equals disruptions in space-time which still doesn't equal universal destruction

, seeing as how you state that the "destruction" aspect belongs solely to the aether. I suggest reading the whole thing and not just what you want to see.

I think wikia needs to settle this. Hope your discernment game in lit bro cus If this don't move you, Then nothing will. HERE GOES.......

The Aether (pronounced ēTHər) is an Infinity Stone, the remnant of a singularity that predates the universe. A force of ancient and catastrophic power, the Aether has the potential to transform the entire universe
"Long before the birth of light there was darkness, and from that darkness came the Dark Elves. Millennia ago the most ruthless of their kind, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night. Such evil was possible through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction."
Odin[src]

The Aether was used by the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, in particular, by their leader Malekith. Every five-thousand years, the Convergence causes the Nine Realms to become aligned. In 2988 BC, Malekith planned to use this event to release the Aether and plunge the nine realms into eternal darkness

basically, convergence=alignment window throughout 9 realms

Infinite destruction/universal destruction/9 realm destruction=AETHER

My understanding is that the convergence is what allows the aether to destruction on all of the nine realms and there has been no evidence to support the idea that the aether is capable of causing that level of destruction by itself.

Hope you see it now

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe said:
@almightyamortal said:

@fostinoe:

dude I gave you the exact playtime...If you have the movie, just check it out. If not quit ignorantly acting cocky

1. Not acting cocky and there is no need to over react, I just told you what I saw and what I saw was insufficient evidence to back up your claim.

Kurse reacted to mjolnir bro, I'm certain he'll do fine

1. Mjolnir might have only one showing of breaking the sound barrier making an outlier - this in comparison to wonder woman who can block bullets from multiple directions and keep up with doomsday.

No one said It wasn't essential...All we're traying to do is make you understand that The Gem is what is powerful enough to destroy the universe...The convergence just facilitates it(makes it easier)

1. All I am asking for is proof that the aether is capable of that feat. No one has provided evidence that does not conflict with what malekith showed in his final battle.

Now I know You're tripping...So what? When Malekith activated the Aether storm " that was gonna destroy the realms, You think it's the convergence that made that happen?

1. I had forgotten to mention the aether storm.... But the storm would not be capable destroying all realms without the convergence. The convergence is what allows the power of the aether storm to reach other realms because the storm, without the convergence, seemed barely capable of covering malekith's ship let alone a single realm.

??????????? What was shown on-screen was Malekith beginning to destroy the niverse after the worlds had aligned. You just trying to correlate the "universal destruction" to "the convergence" when it's wrong.

1. You will have to post something to prove that, because I have no memory of that.

Not assuming anything, Kurse reacted to a speeding mjolnir hurtling towards him "just before it tagged him". AND HE HAD HIS BACK TURNED TO MJOLNIR THE WHOLE TIME....damn straid I think Kurse would tag diana. anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what he/she is talking 'bout.

1. I disagree.

You don't want to believe the evidence yourself apparently...I'm not exaggerating anything "An infinity Gem being described as A FORCE OF INFINITE DESTRUCTION CAPABLE OF DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE" and your only rebuttal is "the convergence was what is responsible for this destruction"? c'mon mehn

Dude I said Ironman....not bats. If you think ironman lasts 5 seconds in this fight then I really don't wanna do this with you anymore

1. That was a joke. You need to relax. I agree that iron man would be able to last for awhile.
  10. ???????????????????????
    1. I am sorry, really I am. That meant that I found it difficult to understand what you were talking about when you "replied" to my question, because IMO it seemed that you had forgotten what my question was.

Somehow "shifts in gravity, spatial extrusions, and the fabric of reality possibly tearing apart" means causing no damage at all to you

Shifts in gravity=/= universal destruction...not even a lil

(spatial extrusions, and the fabric of reality possibly tearing apart) all equals disruptions in space-time which still doesn't equal universal destruction

• I was highlighting the fact that you said that the destruction is caused solely by the aether.

, seeing as how you state that the "destruction" aspect belongs solely to the aether. I suggest reading the whole thing and not just what you want to see.

I think wikia needs to settle this. Hope your discernment game in lit bro cus If this don't move you, Then nothing will. HERE GOES.......

The Aether (pronounced ēTHər) is an Infinity Stone, the remnant of a singularity that predates the universe. A force of ancient and catastrophic power, the Aether has the potential to transform the entire universe
"Long before the birth of light there was darkness, and from that darkness came the Dark Elves. Millennia ago the most ruthless of their kind, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night. Such evil was possible through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction."
Odin[src]

The Aether was used by the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, in particular, by their leader Malekith. Every five-thousand years, the Convergence causes the Nine Realms to become aligned. In 2988 BC, Malekith planned to use this event to release the Aether and plunge the nine realms into eternal darkness

• The aether has power but what you've included failed to mention an integral part of the process of universal destruction - The convergence. The aether by itself has shown no extremely impressive feats. The description of the aether you had included does not match with what was shown on-screen and IMO what is shown on-screen >>> nearly everything else.

basically, convergence=alignment window throughout 9 realms

• "As the Convergence reaches its apex, several larger, visible wormholes open in the sky above central locations in each realm, with each portal acting as a window through which parts of other realms can be seen." These portals, that appear to be windows, are what allows the aether to affect multiple realms

Infinite destruction/universal destruction/9 realm destruction=AETHER

• Aether + convergence = Aether affecting all 9 realms.
  • Aether + overhype + exaggeration = infinite destruction.

Hope you see it now

• Simply including multiple bodies of text will not change my opinion, if there is nothing on-screen that agrees with it.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Wonder Woman both solo. Batman looks cool lol

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Scipio123

@DammeFavour:

and he didn't actually grow a new arm, it was the aether tendril thingy

And how exactly does this make a difference? The fact is, Malekith lost his arms, and they started to re-form afterwards. How is that not impressive?

supported by the fact that they disappeared after he left the aether mist

That was because the Aether had been blasted/teleported out of him. He was thus made mortal once more.

aether transforms matter into dark matter sure but it needs the convergence

It needs the Convergence to destroy the Nine Realms, yes. But Malekith doesn't need to destroy the Nine Realms to hurt Clark. If he shrouds Clark in an Aether-storm, it will DEFINITELY hurt him. You do realise that the Aether is literally shown to DESTROY suns (the source of Superman's power) in Jane's vision, right? Here it is if you can't remember:

No Caption Provided

To suggest that a blast of that wouldn't hurt Clark is just blind fanboyism IMO.

Except it straight-up KO'd Thor. A guy who has only ever been KO'd one other time-by the Sokovia explosion. And unlike Superman, Thor's powers aren't derived from the sun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: please could u highlight his new arms? and the aether didn't get teleported out of him, where did u get that that? they recovered the aether from his dead body on the dark world. The aether might be able to destroy a star over time but that is not combat applicable as all he can do in combat is shoot tendrils, considering thor's durability has been shit in the mcu, its not surprising. And it was just the shockwave from teleporting malekith that knocked him out

Loading Video...

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

please could u highlight his new arms?

Ok, looking at it again, his arms don't exactly re-grow as such. But he's still pretty much unaffected by having his body dismembered. That's crazy durability.

and the aether didn't get teleported out of him, where did u get that that?

It wasn't explicitly stated, sure. But I got the impression from the way the Aether was floating above him when the ship collapsed that the massive force of Thor's attack coupled with the teleportation resulted in him being separated from it.

they recovered the aether from his dead body on the dark world.

We actually have no idea how they retrieved it. They might just have found it floating in the air on Svartalfheim. In fact, this eems more likely given that Malekith, was, y'know, crushed under a ship that probably weighs hundreds, if not thousands of tons.

The aether might be able to destroy a star over time but that is not combat applicable as all he can do in combat is shoot tendrils,

He doesn't need to destroy the sun, though. He just needs to create a big Aether-storm. Why won't that hurt Superman?

considering thor's durability has been shit in the mcu,

It really hasn't. In fact, it's probably better than Superman's. But, alas, I am veering from the discussion.

its not surprising.

It is when the only other thing to KO Thor in the MCU was this:

No Caption Provided

And it was just the shockwave from teleporting malekith that knocked him out

Sure, the same "shockwaves" that couldn't hurt Jane or Selvig. It's far more likely that it was that rather than the UNIVERSE-BUSTING INFINITY STONE. A portal is totally more powerful than that.

Anyway, none of this changes the fact that the Batfleck is dying instantly here.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony, Kurse and Malekith would all be hassle to take down, for completely different reasons. Supes and WW would have to spend a while tearing, punching and stabbing their way through the Hulkbuster armour, which probably can't do either of them much damage, more time trying to put down Kurse, which may end up with them resorting to BFR, and yet more time getting past the aether to Malekith, although he shouldn't be hard to deal with once they get within arms reach. Bruce probably dies, though.

Avatar image for black3stpanth3r
BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: They could win because of the prep of Ironman and his technology along with the magic ability malakith brings to the table.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Batman dies within seconds! I think it could go either Way ^^ but batman is for sure the first one who dies

Avatar image for batofgotham2000
batofgotham2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity wins while bruce watches

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers