• 73 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

modernww2fare  Online

Poll MCU Captain America vs Owlman(movie) (120 votes)

Captain America 43%
Owlman 57%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What movie is this so I can try to find and watch it, so I can give an informed opinion. I don't watch a lot of the animated movies, but I've been sort of trying to catch up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths I think.

Anyway, Steve 6/10.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owlman would banter with captain america here

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

@heroup2112 said:

What movie is this so I can try to find and watch it, so I can give an informed opinion. I don't watch a lot of the animated movies, but I've been sort of trying to catch up.

I'll save you the trouble:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Cap!

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ho Lee Smokes...

I had to think for awhile, but based on the WW fight, and that Batman was able to at least give him SOME sort of fight I'm going with DirtyTree and saying Captain America 6/10...and by the skin of his teeth.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman's sheer strength, speed and durability all seem to be on a par with Cap's, and he's similarly skilled, he just has a lot less feats. I can see this going either way, these two are so evenly matched in my opinion, but i can Owlman edging out a win due to his smarts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ho Lee Smokes...

I had to think for awhile, but based on the WW fight, and that Batman was able to at least give him SOME sort of fight I'm going with DirtyTree and saying Captain America 6/10...and by the skin of his teeth.

Yeah, thanks for agreeing with me. It's been awhile since I've watched the movie, but the way Owlman was handling Batman and the scuffle with WW really makes this even in my opinion. I could see Cap blocking the batarangs with his shield and then attacking Owlman head-on, and both of the combatants going h2h could swing into either one's favour, but the red and the white and the blue will come through in the end. So yeah, like you said (and I said before - however without reasoning) Cap wins 6/10 of the matches, and it'll be a great challenge for him.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Batking200

Owlman imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see why Cap is getting so many votes. This Owlman was pretty insane, taking on Batman dominantly. And this Batman was facing amazonians with just his gear and talk. Don't see how Owlman loses. @spector_rand P.S: Owlman also had the better suit and outstatted Bruce.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman overpower WW and had one her knees, breaks rock with a single punch. Cap almost beat Iron Man because Tony was holding back and couldnt fight without a program, Owlman don't have those restraints, he whips Steve mercilessly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Owlman overpower WW and had one her knees, breaks rock with a single punch. Cap almost beat Iron Man because Tony was holding back and couldnt fight without a program, Owlman don't have those restraints, he whips Steve mercilessly.

Damn, I am not observant

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Russo's force is strong.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think there's enough of Owlman to say he can BEAT Cap, but he looks pretty solid. I'll still say Cap for a slight majority.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By mickey-mouse

Owlman is superior. He would beat cap in a good fight. Nah, he would straight wreck cap..

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Owlman

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By The_Justiciar

Cap.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Owlman craps on him. Lol at people saying Cap. Owlman leaps up 20 feet in the air and makes a huge crack when hitting the ground and also smashes a 50-100 ton boulder by punching Batman through it, in which Batman was still sent flying 30ft away, but Cap can somehow win here.

Winter Soldier made a very small crack when punching the pavement but almost killed Cap by punching him a few times, while Owlman punches human beings through 50-100 ton pieces of stone.

Not to mention that he did stuff such as this with his boomerangs (owlarangs?):

Owlman beats Cap up worse than he did Batman.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman craps on him. Lol at people saying Cap. Owlman leaps up 20 feet in the air and makes a huge crack when hitting the ground and also smashes a 50-100 ton boulder by punching Batman through it, in which Batman was still sent flying 30ft away, but Cap can somehow win here.

Winter Soldier made a very small crack when punching the pavement but almost killed Cap by punching him a few times, while Owlman punches human beings through 50-100 ton pieces of stone.

Owlman beats Cap up worse than he did Cap.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 modernww2fare  Online

Owlman beats Cap up worse than he did Batman.

Just curious, where'd you get that info from?

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: Stone at that size weighs around that type of weight. For example, the boulder below weighs 100 tons:

[The artist with his "Alleviated Masses" 100-ton boulder at a secret desert location storage area. Photograph by Jeannine Thorpe © ]

Here's the source to it: http://art-for-a-change.com/blog/2012/02

And here's Owlman smashing a huge piece of rock with a punch.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman wrecks Steve.

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOW Owlman feats though

anyway owlman wins here

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman in a hit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman slaughters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever wins, it's close.

TheNatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: Stone at that size weighs around that type of weight. For example, the boulder below weighs 100 tons:

And here's Owlman smashing a huge piece of rock with a punch.

Nah dude that rock was from an alternate world meaning that rock weighs.............1gram

Source: I'm a world renown scientist.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39 said:

Whoever wins, it's close.

....How....?

Bucky almost killed Cap with some few hits and his punch cracked the pavement a little. Owlman smashed a 50-100 ton piece of stone into pieces with ease.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:Bucky only had the advantage when Cap gave up fighting him.

It almost seems like it was for dramatic effect. Batman's armor in this wasn't impressive at all. Owlman catches Bats multiple times with direct hits. Bats head doesn't go flying off,nor does he break anymore bones? That fact Batman was tanking all that & not dying suggest otherwise about Owlman's strength. If Batman with a broken rib can last, I'm more than sure Cap could take him. 6/10 close fights.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman easily

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:Bucky only had the advantage when Cap gave up fighting him.

It almost seems like it was for dramatic effect. Batman's armor in this wasn't impressive at all. Owlman catches Bats multiple times with direct hits. Bats head doesn't go flying off,nor does he break anymore bones? That fact Batman was tanking all that & not dying suggest otherwise about Owlman's strength. If Batman with a broken rib can last, I'm more than sure Cap could take him. 6/10 close fights.

What kind of reverse whack ass logic is this? The fact that Batman tanked them means that he is durable enough to tank those. That's just common sense. Batman's durability in that movie was >>> Cap. He was casually leaping up 20 feet in the air by using his arms and not to mention that he endured through stuff that would kill Cap:

Loading Video...

Your logic is so whack it makes no sense. You're saying that Cap can tank his hits simply because Batman could while completely ignoring that the punches Batman were enduring through were these type of punches:

The fact that Cap can't hurt Owlman, either, doesn't make it any better for Cap. JL COTE Batman >>>>> MCU Cap

Owlman craps on Cap. This isn't close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: I'm saying the shit makes no sense. Superwoman can break a rib like nothing, but owl man with a suit that can bring WW to her knees overall doesn't effect Batman?

Yes, If Cap can tank getting slapped around by Ultron(whom could contest Thor)...then yea. He can take Owlman.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MK39

@captain_batman_ftw said:

Bucky almost killed Cap with some few hits and his punch cracked the pavement a little. Owlman smashed a 50-100 ton piece of stone into pieces with ease.

"With ease" you say? That's a notable high-end for Owlman, and not out of the range of Cap's high-ends at that. Yes, after fighting a long intensive battle and sustaining multiple serious injuries, Cap was beaten to near-death by a guy (who's strong enough to punch through elevator doors) wailing on his face full force no less than five times. Not exactly a low showing for him. You're also ignoring the fact that with Cap's speed, skill and shield, landing hits is no easy feat to begin with.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39: Since when could Cap do anything close to this?

Cap has never, EVER, come close to do anything like that. You're also ignoring how Batman was sent flying like 30-40ft after he got smashed through the stone. Can I ask for some feats where Cap did anything close to this?

What the is Cap going to do? Hell, what can Cap even going to do here?

You're also ignoring the fact that with Cap's speed, skill and shield, landing hits is no easy feat to begin with.

Cap ain't doing anything here.

Let's compare something else here, then. I'm sure you remember how badly beaten down Cap was at the end of his fight with Iron Man and how minimal the effort from Iron Man was. For one, Owlman is stronger than that Iron Man. He overpowered Wonder Woman, who mind you makes Iron Man look like a joke. Another thing is that Owlman's striking power is so much better than the Iron Man that molested Cap that it isn't even funny. Compare the clip where Owlman had no issues smashing that piece of stone into pieces and Iron Man hitting the ground when Cap dodged his hit.

Literally no damage. And look at how much work was needed to nearly kill Cap:

Iron Man's hand repulsors aren't comparable to Owlman's striking power, either. The only thing those did to Falcon was knock him out. The only thing good about this Iron Man was his unibeam and he didn't even use it against Steve.

There's no reason why Owlman couldn't just grab Cap's shield like Iron Man did and disarm him and then continue to beat him worse than Iron Man did. This is ignoring how Owlman has equipment that would tear right through Cap's body after having disarmed him:

Not to mention that Owlman is stronger and more durable than ANYONE Cap's faced.

Overpowering Cap won't be an issue to Owlman. He overpowered Wonder Woman so Cap should be child's play.

@captain_batman_ftw: I'm saying the shit makes no sense. Superwoman can break a rib like nothing, but owl man with a suit that can bring WW to her knees overall doesn't effect Batman?

Yes, If Cap can tank getting slapped around by Ultron(whom could contest Thor)...then yea. He can take Owlman.

Then that's a feat for Superwoman.

No, he can't. The Ultron who contested Thor was the Vibranium-form Ultron. The Ultron Cap went up against was platinum-form Ultron. This is how powerful the Ultron that went up against Cap was in comparison to the Ultron that went up against Thor:

Loading Video...

Context matters.

Also, I love how you think that the rib thing is bullshit, but then you continue to say that Cap can contest someone who contested Thor. Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: I never said the rib was bullshit... read slower. I was pointing out Owlman is supposed to have comparable strength to WW because he brought her to her knees somehow. WW has strength over Superwoman. She broke bats rib.If Owlman has all this strength, then he should be doing way more damage to Batman.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: I never said the rib was bullshit... read slower. I was pointing out Owlman is supposed to have comparable strength to WW because he brought her to her knees somehow. WW has strength over Superwoman. She broke bats rib.If Owlman has all this strength, then he should be doing way more damage to Batman.

Look at the clips again. Superwoman used her lifting/raw strenght to snap Batman's rib by grabbing it and breaking it. Owlman attacked Batman by striking his body. It's two different things.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when could Cap do anything close to this?

Cap has never, EVER, come close to do anything like that. You're also ignoring how Batman was sent flying like 30-40ft after he got smashed through the stone.

No I'm not.

Can I ask for some feats where Cap did anything close to this?

Throwing an 8-foot robot through part of a concrete pillar? Lifting a massive metal beam off his comrade while heavily injured? Resisting the 5000 pound takeoff weight of a helicopter? Throwing a motorcycle hard enough to shatter an armored jeep with an ab-crunch? Pushing a bulldozer across a football field? (implied) Granted, these aren't similar enough to Owlman's feat for a strong comparison to be made, but then again, I don't need to prove Cap is stronger. Only in the same league. Meanwhile, do you have a solid idea as to the gravity of the planet Owlman is on? Or the type of rock the boulder was made of? These would be pedantic nitpicks if Owlman was consistently shown at this strength level, but considering the type of character we're talking about I think a certain level of skepticism is warranted.

What the is Cap going to do? Hell, what can Cap even going to do here?

What precisely is that gif supposed to prove? That surviving a big, dramatic explosion (which is more smoke than anything) renders Owlman immune to anything Cap can dish out? Can you prove that?

Cap ain't doing anything here.

That's not actually a response to what I said. It's an ineloquent repetition of your thesis.

Let's compare something else here, then. I'm sure you remember how badly beaten down Cap was at the end of his fight with Iron Man and how minimal the effort from Iron Man was.

Iron Man was more bloodlusted than he'd ever been but sure.

For one, Owlman is stronger than that Iron Man. He overpowered Wonder Woman, who mind you makes Iron Man look like a joke.

Which leaves us with the following possibilities.

-Wonder Woman was significantly weaker in this scene for some reason. (probably not)

-Owlman (and by extension Batman) are on Wonder Woman's level strength-wise.

-Wonder Woman was surprised by Owlman's unexpected strength (I think he was wearing some kind of mech suit) and/or holding back.

The first obviously makes no sense so we can rule that one out. The second doesn't make much sense either. For one, if this were the case and Wonder Woman was going all-out, there would have been greater damage to the plane they were standing on. More importantly however, Batman (and everyone on his level) are consistently portrayed as weaker than someone like Wonder Woman by several magnitudes. To my knowledge, no universe or iteration has changed this. The third option, while not a great one can be at least somewhat justified. Wonder Woman is consistently portrayed as a noble, compassionate heroic character, so to hold back against a mortal opponent would not be entirely out of character. Furthermore, once she recovers from the initial shock she dispatches of Owlman quite quickly.

Another thing is that Owlman's striking power is so much better than the Iron Man that molested Cap that it isn't even funny.

-The idea of Iron Man getting "weaker" in Civil War has always been complete silliness, though you're free to try to convince me otherwise. I'll be receptive to your points but I suspect I'll refute them fairly easily.

-Pretty sure Comicvine has a rule against using the word "rape" or any variant thereof as a stand-in for "dominated" or something similar. Even if there isn't, your usage of the word wouldn't be correct in describing the situation anyway. Yes, Cap had Bucky's help, and Iron Man was at a significant mental/environmental disadvantage, but Cap outright won that fight. And he didn't do it with a Deus ex Machina plot device. He did it with regular ol' fisticuffs. That's a feat for Cap and it's criminal how stingy people are about giving him credit for it.

Compare the clip where Owlman had no issues smashing that piece of stone into pieces and Iron Man hitting the ground when Cap dodged his hit.

Do you have any idea what material the ground was made of in the Civil War scene, or how thick it was? Because I don't, and while I'll admit the limitations of my knowledge in that regard I'll also assert that unless we do know, the scene doesn't reveal any useful information. You're also making two rather naive assumptions.

-Every punch a character delivers must be consistent with every other punch they deliver. (There are countless factors that go into the power of a punch other than raw strength, including stance, position, angle of impact, ect.)

-A character is defined by their lowest showings. (We already know Iron Man is strong enough to punch through a brick wall, punch a man several meters away into a brick wall cracking it, and punching through hammer drones hard enough to heat the metal and generate sparks, yet you've deliberately chosen a time when Iron Man's punch does not break a thing as your point of reference. This is classic cherry-picking. I could just as well find an instance of Owlman not breaking something, then pull up one of Cap's higher showings to create an argument just as misleading as yours.

Literally no damage. And look at how much work was needed to nearly kill Cap:

You're actively hurting your own argument. The gif you posted shows Iron Man dishing out a rocket-powered elbow strike to Cap's jaw and Cap continuing the fight, one of the very same repulsors powerful enough to propel the Iron Man suit as supersonic speeds through the air. This is also ignoring the countless punches/kicks/falls Cap endures both before and after the gif, and the fact that Cap is still walking afterwards, with Bucky slumped over his shoulder no less.

Iron Man's hand repulsors aren't comparable to Owlman's striking power, either. The only thing those did to Falcon was knock him out.

Cherry-picking again. Iron Man's rupulsors can do much more than that. I don't need to bring specific showings up do I?

The only thing good about this Iron Man was his unibeam and he didn't even use it against Steve.

Massive hyperbole.

There's no reason why Owlman couldn't just grab Cap's shield like Iron Man did and disarm him and then continue to beat him worse than Iron Man did.

I'm not saying Owlman couldn't. I'm saying it's not the bloody curbstomp you're painting it as. You haven't actually presented some sort of unbeatable winning-strategy for Owlman. Just a dramatized description of him winning.

Not to mention that Owlman is stronger and more durable than ANYONE Cap's faced.

Sure, as long as we ignore...

-Loki

-Ultron

-Iron Man

Overpowering Cap won't be an issue to Owlman. He overpowered Wonder Woman so Cap should be child's play.

If that is your interpretation of events then yeah, Owlman wins and it ain't close. That interpretation however, screws the power dynamic between DC characters established over several thousand comic book issues and countless other mediums right the hell up. If Owlman can overpower Wonder Woman, then Batman can at least hold his own, and by extension so can Bane, Killer Croc or any other character Batman's ever fought seriously. Somehow I doubt this is what the animator were going for, especially when you notice that Owlman and Batman are trading blows without punching each other through walls like the actual heavyweights are.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39:

Throwing an 8-foot robot through part of a concrete pillar? Lifting a massive metal beam off his comrade while heavily injured? Resisting the 5000 pound takeoff weight of a helicopter? Throwing a motorcycle hard enough to shatter an armored jeep with an ab-crunch? Pushing a bulldozer across a football field? (implied) Granted, these aren't similar enough to Owlman's feat for a strong comparison to be made, but then again, I don't need to prove Cap is stronger. Only in the same league.

Using the hardness of the 8-foot robot to destroy the concrete, sure. Have him throw a human at a concrete pillar and see how much damage is done. No different than Batman using Superman's hardness to smash through four concrete pillars. Cap was under adrenaline when he barely pulled the helicopter back, the Russos implied it themselves. The rest is nice, but again, nothing in the same league as Owlman. Neither the first things you said. Again, none of these prove that Cap is anywhere near as strong as Owlman. Wonder Woman did this:

And here's Owlman overpowering her:

I'm not sure how you think that Cap is in the same league as Owlman.

Meanwhile, do you have a solid idea as to the gravity of the planet Owlman is on? Or the type of rock the boulder was made of? These would be pedantic nitpicks if Owlman was consistently shown at this strength level, but considering the type of character we're talking about I think a certain level of skepticism is warranted.

It's just another earth. Stop reaching.

What precisely is that gif supposed to prove? That surviving a big, dramatic explosion (which is more smoke than anything) renders Owlman immune to anything Cap can dish out? Can you prove that?

Yep, he tanked a headbutt and a kick to the face by Wonder Woman and shrugged it off:

Again, I'm not sure how you think that Cap can do any damage to Owlman.

Which leaves us with the following possibilities.

-Wonder Woman was significantly weaker in this scene for some reason. (probably not)

-Owlman (and by extension Batman) are on Wonder Woman's level strength-wise.

-Wonder Woman was surprised by Owlman's unexpected strength (I think he was wearing some kind of mech suit) and/or holding back.

All of these are baseless. Wonder Woman got surprised, sure, but because she got overpowered physically. Even if he had a mech suit on, then that's a standard part of his equipment/armor.

For one, if this were the case and Wonder Woman was going all-out, there would have been greater damage to the plane they were standing on. More importantly however, Batman (and everyone on his level) are consistently portrayed as weaker than someone like Wonder Woman by several magnitudes. To my knowledge, no universe or iteration has changed this. The third option, while not a great one can be at least somewhat justified. Wonder Woman is consistently portrayed as a noble, compassionate heroic character, so to hold back against a mortal opponent would not be entirely out of character. Furthermore, once she recovers from the initial shock she dispatches of Owlman quite quickly.

Baseless, so it's irrelevant.

-The idea of Iron Man getting "weaker" in Civil War has always been complete silliness, though you're free to try to convince me otherwise. I'll be receptive to your points but I suspect I'll refute them fairly easily.

Common sense is the only thing needed to understand that his suit was weaker. For one, it's not the same suit as the other powerful ones. You're using the feats of other suits for this one, which is invalid. Second point is that in the previous movies, Iron Man's repulsor rays did much more damage than in this movie. In Iron Man, his punches sent people flying 50ft away and his repulsor rays had concrete getting a body sized crater as the result of people's impact on it:

The only people who think that the Iron Man suit in Civil War isn't weaker than his previous suits is Cap fans.

-A character is defined by their lowest showings. (We already know Iron Man is strong enough to punch through a brick wall, punch a man several meters away into a brick wall cracking it, and punching through hammer drones hard enough to heat the metal and generate sparks, yet you've deliberately chosen a time when Iron Man's punch does not break a thing as your point of reference. This is classic cherry-picking. I could just as well find an instance of Owlman not breaking something, then pull up one of Cap's higher showings to create an argument just as misleading as yours.

Cherry-picking? No it's not. I'm not sure if you've even bothered to watch any of the other movies, but the suit in Civil War is NOT THE SAME SUIT AS THE OTHER ONES. This isn't cherry-picking, this is just pointing out how powerful the suit was. If you feel like I'm cherry-picking then why not show instances of the suit from CIVIL WAR, AND NOT ANY OF THE OTHER SUITS, to show that the actions in the movie contradict what I'm saying. You're totally welcome to do that. ;)

You're actively hurting your own argument. The gif you posted shows Iron Man dishing out a rocket-powered elbow strike to Cap's jaw and Cap continuing the fight, one of the very same repulsors powerful enough to propel the Iron Man suit as supersonic speeds through the air. This is also ignoring the countless punches/kicks/falls Cap endures both before and after the gif, and the fact that Cap is still walking afterwards, with Bucky slumped over his shoulder no less.

Still not anywhere near as powerful as his other suits. One repulsor ain't propelling him through the air at supersonic speeds, all of them combined puts up enough power to fly him at those speed.

Cherry-picking again. Iron Man's rupulsors can do much more than that. I don't need to bring specific showings up do I?

No, it's not cherry-picking because these are the suit's showings. Do bring up specific instances as long as you don't use showings from any of the other suits. ;)

Massive hyperbole

It blew of Bucky's metal arm. Only thing powerful about that suit.

I'm not saying Owlman couldn't. I'm saying it's not the bloody curbstomp you're painting it as. You haven't actually presented some sort of unbeatable winning-strategy for Owlman. Just a dramatized description of him winning.

????? Wait, he's physically superior to Cap, Cap can't hurt him and Owlman could take out Cap with some few hits, but it's not a stomp?

Sure, as long as we ignore...

-Loki

-Ultron

-Iron Man

Loki didn't perform ANY real damage against Cap. Cap didn't do ANYTHING against Loki, and all Loki did was hit Cap hard enough to send him flying like 10 feet away. And nice job ignoring context, Loki didn't want to do any real damage yet because he wanted to be taken in.

The version of Ultron cap fought isn't anywhere near Owlman's level. The same Ultron's energy blasts didn't even kill that korean scientist. Prove that the Ultron Cap fought can do anything like this:

Cap fought against tony with a damaged suit:

No Caption Provided

Literally half of the suit was damaged. This is ignoring how this is isn't the same suit as any of his other suits, but for some reason you're using the feats of other suits for this one. Show that the suit CAP FOUGHT AGAINST is as powerful as Owlman, same with the version of Ultron Cap fought against. And please show me Loki using any of his powerful attacks against Cap.

If that is your interpretation of events then yeah, Owlman wins and it ain't close. That interpretation however, screws the power dynamic between DC characters established over several thousand comic book issues and countless other mediums right the hell up. If Owlman can overpower Wonder Woman, then Batman can at least hold his own, and by extension so can Bane, Killer Croc or any other character Batman's ever fought seriously. Somehow I doubt this is what the animator were going for, especially when you notice that Owlman and Batman are trading blows without punching each other through walls like the actual heavyweights are.

This is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. Why are you bringing in the comics to this? The movie universe is not in the same universe as the comic universe, so I'm not sure where this came from. Even if you're actually serious with this point, it was explicitly shown that Owlman and Batman were NOT equals in any physical way whatsover:

And the fact that the makers of the movie put in this beatdown scene just to show how physically outmatched Batman was when going up against Owlman, should be enough for you to comprehend that Batman was in no way Owlman's physical equal:

Loading Video...

Not that your last point was relevant at all.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MK39

@captain_batman_ftw said:

"Under adrenaline" is not some super-special circumstance. It describes literally any situation in which a person is stressed. It's a high-end for Cap but you're suggesting it's outright non-applicable.

It's just another earth. Stop reaching.

I explained to you quite thoroughly why so-called "reaching" is perfectly justified in such situation. If MCU Cap was teleported to an alternate dimension and started tossing around cargo ships you know damn well you'd be asking questions.

Yep, he tanked a headbutt and a kick to the face by Wonder Woman and shrugged it off:

And after observing the very same gif and noticing how far he flies back can you honestly tell me Cap can't replicate that very same kick?

All of these are baseless. Wonder Woman got surprised, sure, but because she got overpowered physically. Even if he had a mech suit on, then that's a standard part of his equipment/armor.

-All of them are baseless? Those are literally the only conceivable options, one of which (the second one) you're very clearly suggesting is true. If none of them are true, then you have no argument.

-I'm not saying Owlman won't have access to the same equipment. I'm saying his mech suit is a possible explanation as to why Wonder Woman was surprised by his strength.

Baseless, so it's irrelevant.

If you wanted to make a convincing argument, you think you'd actually respond to the support for the claims I'm making, instead of claiming I've provided no support at all.

Common sense is the only thing needed to understand that his suit was weaker. For one, it's not the same suit as the other powerful ones. You're using the feats of other suits for this one, which is invalid. Second point is that in the previous movies, Iron Man's repulsor rays did much more damage than in this movie. In Iron Man, his punches sent people flying 50ft away and his repulsor rays had concrete getting a body sized crater as the result of people's impact on it:

"Common sense" should also inform you that people generally don't replace machines with shittier counterparts. It is only natural to assume each of Tony's suits is just as capable as each one before it, unless proven otherwise. I think another user has already explained this to you, but I'll say it again. Just because Tony doesn't match the feats of previous movies doesn't mean he's incapable of replicating them. We'd need to see him outright fail to do something he previously accomplished. Do you have proof of that?

The only people who think that the Iron Man suit in Civil War isn't weaker than his previous suits is Cap fans.

Or people who know how technological progression and burden of proof works.

Cherry-picking? No it's not. I'm not sure if you've even bothered to watch any of the other movies, but the suit in Civil War is NOT THE SAME SUIT AS THE OTHER ONES. This isn't cherry-picking, this is just pointing out how powerful the suit was. If you feel like I'm cherry-picking then why not show instances of the suit from CIVIL WAR, AND NOT ANY OF THE OTHER SUITS, to show that the actions in the movie contradict what I'm saying. You're totally welcome to do that. ;)

Because I don't need to. For Tony to build a suit weaker than the others with no clear tradeoffs makes no sense, and nothing in the movie supports the idea that it does.

Still not anywhere near as powerful as his other suits. One repulsor ain't propelling him through the air at supersonic speeds, all of them combined puts up enough power to fly him at those speed.

Read the sentence again. I clearly said "one of the very same repulsors."

No, it's not cherry-picking because these are the suit's showings. Do bring up specific instances as long as you don't use showings from any of the other suits. ;)

Your second condition completely neuters your argument. "Show me feats from this character that don't involve prior movies this character was in."

It blew of Bucky's metal arm. Only thing powerful about that suit.

That makes no sense as a rebuttal. "Tony did this impressive thing. Therefore that is the only impressive thing he can do." ...What?

????? Wait, he's physically superior to Cap, Cap can't hurt him and Owlman could take out Cap with some few hits, but it's not a stomp?

No, because the premises upon which your argument rests are incorrect.

Loki didn't perform ANY real damage against Cap. Cap didn't do ANYTHING against Loki, and all Loki did was hit Cap hard enough to send him flying like 10 feet away. And nice job ignoring context, Loki didn't want to do any real damage yet because he wanted to be taken in.

Your argument is all over the place. Is it that Loki can't hurt Cap or that he didn't want to? How is Cap not doing anything against Loki a mark against Loki's durability? Are you sure you know what we're talking about?

The version of Ultron cap fought isn't anywhere near Owlman's level. The same Ultron's energy blasts didn't even kill that korean scientist. Prove that the Ultron Cap fought can do anything like this:

You were talking about strength/duarbility. Energy blasts have little to do with that. And no, Ultron can't do a gymnastic handspring. In case you didn't notice, acrobatics is not one of his strong points.

Cap fought against tony with a damaged suit:

Damaged from what? I'm not sure what scene you're pulling that image from.

And please show me Loki using any of his powerful attacks against Cap.

I'm not so much arguing that Loki's stronger than Owlman, as I am that he's more durable.

"No he's no..."

No Caption Provided

...Don't even start.

This is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. Why are you bringing in the comics to this? The movie universe is not in the same universe as the comic universe, so I'm not sure where this came from.

They don't have to be the same. That's not my point. The comics upon which they are based (and their countless appearances across other mediums) have established a clear relationship in power between the various DC characters. To suggest that Batman (or his evil counterpart) are on a similar level of strength to a Greek demigod is an extraordinary claim. The burden of proof is on the one making the extraordinary claim.

Even if you're actually serious with this point, it was explicitly shown that Owlman and Batman were NOT equals in any physical way whatsover:

The gifs you've posted show Owlman's superior skill, not his superior athletic ability. The fact that Batman is giving him a fight at all should inform you as to what physical level Owlman's on.