MCU Captain America vs Azog The Defiler

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mandarinestro

Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

No Caption Provided

Azog The Defiler

No Caption Provided

Round 1

• No prep.
  • In character, but Cap is willing to kill.
  • Cap gets his shield, brass knuckles, and a trench knife, while Azog gets his mace and prosthetic arm.
  • Start 40 feet apart.
  • Cap has been briefed by Gandalf and Thorin in detail about Azog's abilities.
  • Azog thinks Cap is Thorin's mercenary.

Round 2

• Same rules as first round.
  • Starts 20 feet apart.

Bonus Round

• Cap gets Winter Soldier to help him, Azog gets his warg.
  • Winter Soldier gets a trench knife and his arm.
  • Cap and Bucky doesn't know who Azog is, but Azog has seen them fight.
  • Starting distance and character is the same as round 1.

No civilians around.
No civilians around.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jacthripper

Did Azog have any feats outside of beating up and killing dwarves? He wasn't impressive in the slightest, and Cap only really needs his shield to win the first round.

Round 2 is harder, but I'm pretty sure if Bucky takes Caps shield he can just throw it through Azog and the warg.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Two things

1. What if I take away his shield?
  2. What if I make an H2H round?
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: Azog has like two feats in combat (I haven't seen the new one yet) so I'll hold judgement until then

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Cap for both Rounds. Maybe Azog for bonus.

CosmicEntity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Cap
  2. Cap
  3. Azog
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azog and Steve has comparable strength. Azog might be more durable but there is a significant skill difference. Cap should take first 2 rounds.

Azog might win R3. Wargs are very fast and strong. Azog for a very slim majority.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rd 1. Cap.

Rd 2. Cap

Rd 3. Azog knows how Cap and Buck throw down? He doesn't even show up for the fight.

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve.

Steve.

Azog.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By mickey-mouse

Rd 1. Cap.

Rd 2. Cap

Rd 3. Azog knows how Cap and Buck throw down? He doesn't even show up for the fight.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: Not really, Azog is lacking in the area of feats until the third movie comes out.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cap gets defiled.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap gets defiled.

Playing devil's advocate, I see.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@comicstooge said:

Cap gets defiled.

Playing devil's advocate, I see.

No. I just really wanted to type that sentence out.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ba-dump

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mandarinestro

@uft Lol, I totally forgot about this thread

@lukehero said:

@mandarinestro: Not really, Azog is lacking in the area of feats until the third movie comes out.

Ok, the third movie already came out. What do you think of the pure H2H round?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 owie  Moderator

Wow, I was going to make this and thought, there's no way someone has already made such a random matchup but I'll check anyway. And here it is!

Actually I do think this is worth bumping with Azog's full 3 movies of feats, and with Cap now having even more feats himself.

I think it's pretty close.

I also like the fact that Azog's normal foe is known for his (oaken) shield, and now he's fighting someone else famous for their shield.

In so far as the thread goes, I think rounds 1 and 2 are largely the same, and as I said, fairly close. Azog can take a lot of damage, and his strength is probably similar to Cap's. Cap is faster. I don't know that I buy that Cap is more skilled, except with the shield itself. Azog's mace can also deal out a LOT of damage if he does manage to connect with it. Cap's other advantage is that he can fight at ranged distances. Round 3 I give squarely to Cap and Winter Soldier; I think Winter Soldier is a lot tougher than the warg.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: I can see Azog having trouble lifting his Worg (theyre quite heavy, so nice feat), where as Cap held down a helicopter. He also has significantly more skill, albeit less experience in h2h. Cap stomps tbh especially with his shield. I see the Worg losing to bucky due to his arm being an easy defensive hax for tanking the Worg's bites.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap's got this. His skill has improved dramatically throughout the MCU years. Faster, combat faster, I don't know who's stronger to be honest, his skill is so dayum good now Yuri Boyka gives him a nod. I'm certain Cap will get enough hits in to bring him down.

I can't remember the warg that mush so I may side with Azog on this one.

Peak human ftw.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Cap, with low difficulty honestly. He outclasses Azog in literally everything but size.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people still call Cap a peak human?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps. With his buddy he is even more motivated.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps. Physical & mental feats trump Azog The Defiler by miles

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Captain America for the easy win.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By owie  Moderator

@owie: I can see Azog having trouble lifting his Worg (theyre quite heavy, so nice feat), where as Cap held down a helicopter. He also has significantly more skill, albeit less experience in h2h. Cap stomps tbh especially with his shield. I see the Worg losing to bucky due to his arm being an easy defensive hax for tanking the Worg's bites.

I'm just not sure I see the skill difference. Azog is a highly experienced fighter in a world that is essentially continually at war. He's fought in countless battles, generally trashing everyone around him, in a world where H2H combat is the norm, instead of a world like ours where most enemies use guns. He's the orcs' leader, a position I can only imagine is due to his battle prowess, since orcs are unlikely to promote anyone to leader for any other reason, respecting nothing but might. MCU Cap is certainly skilled with his shield, able to make it accurately bounce all around and back to his hand. But I'm not his his actual H2H skill is particularly high. Not that he sucks or anything, but I think he relies more on his strength and speed than skill in H2H. Basically I don't see much of an argument for his H2H skill beyond the kind of thing I've argued for Azog, namely that Steve has picked up skill from extensive battle experience.

I can understand arguments for Steve, but I don't think it's the stomp most people are arguing for. Steve hasn't taken on a foe like Azog before, and I expect that his battle experience, strength, durability, and ferocity would make for a good fight.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Steve has displayed extreme skill in his h2h encounters with Bucky, Red Skull, Nazi soldiers, SHIELD operatives, and Hydra operatives. His strength and speed just complement his skill: he wouldnt get very far if he lacked ability. You wont get far lowballing Captain America's skills. As for Azog, it is fair to assume he is a mighty orc (and he has proven so), however that doesnt mean he is particularly skilled beyond the norm. Most orcs in lotr arent that skilled; theyre almost all fodder (even Uruk'Hai get treated as fodder). Azog, more than steve, relies more on his strength and size to overwhelm and defeat his opponents. After all, we only see him fight dwarves. He "trashes" everybody around him because nobody has the physical stats to stand up to him; Azog has literally never fought anybody stronger than him, and Steve will be a huge wake up call to that schoolyard bully.

Additional to Azog not having any experience whatsoever with an opponent even relatively close to his raw power, he also has never faced anybody with an indestructible shield. The reason he thrashed the Oakenshield kings and heirs is because he literally used his sheer strength to bash through their shields and cripple them. That not only wont work with Rogers, but it would just be absolutely ineffective and drain him of his energy (although quite honestly the fight will be over before Azog gets tired). His mace may even break.

Steve >>>> Azog in strength

Steve >> Azog in speed

Steve >= Azog in skill

Steve << Azog in experience

Steve >> Azog in gear

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By owie  Moderator

@owie: Steve has displayed extreme skill in his h2h encounters with Bucky, Red Skull, Nazi soldiers, SHIELD operatives, and Hydra operatives. His strength and speed just complement his skill: he wouldnt get very far if he lacked ability. You wont get far lowballing Captain America's skills. As for Azog, it is fair to assume he is a mighty orc (and he has proven so), however that doesnt mean he is particularly skilled beyond the norm. Most orcs in lotr arent that skilled; theyre almost all fodder (even Uruk'Hai get treated as fodder). Azog, more than steve, relies more on his strength and size to overwhelm and defeat his opponents. After all, we only see him fight dwarves. He "trashes" everybody around him because nobody has the physical stats to stand up to him; Azog has literally never fought anybody stronger than him, and Steve will be a huge wake up call to that schoolyard bully.

Additional to Azog not having any experience whatsoever with an opponent even relatively close to his raw power, he also has never faced anybody with an indestructible shield. The reason he thrashed the Oakenshield kings and heirs is because he literally used his sheer strength to bash through their shields and cripple them. That not only wont work with Rogers, but it would just be absolutely ineffective and drain him of his energy (although quite honestly the fight will be over before Azog gets tired). His mace may even break.

Steve >>>> Azog in strength

Steve >> Azog in speed

Steve >= Azog in skill

Steve << Azog in experience

Steve >> Azog in gear

I'm about to leave town so I won't be able to continue this conversation, but while there's plenty in what you said that I agree with, I would still disagree that movie Steve shows off tons of skill. All I'd say is, what specific instances would you provide that show Steve showing off fighting skill, in results that can't be explained by his strength, speed, and basic military/standard martial arts moves? I'm not arguing that he's skill-less, but I don't think there's a huge differential. Steve is no MCU Black Widow, for instance. I'd also argue that Steve's strength is not likely to be much different than Azog's. It's possible that he's stronger, but I doubt by a huge amount. And Azog also probably has higher durability by a decent amount. I think Steve's greatest asset here is actually his speed, which I would say is his greatest differential above Azog's. And in terms of gear, the shield is better due to its range, but honestly if we took Azog being hit by the shield, and Steve being hit by the mace, I think Steve is more likely to go down quickly due to the mace rather than vice versa.