Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SMDfanboys

@Joygirl said:

Deathstroke's tiny head and legs win.

Hahaha, no.

Deathstroke weapons won't even get past Chief shielding, let alone his armor. He's faster, stronger, just as skilled with weapons, advanced technology, access to covenant, and human weapons.

Chief was taking down elite soilders, with punches as a 14 year old. He later took down 3 space armies alone.

Master Chief would win quite handily.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ximpossibrux

@SMDfanboys said:

@Joygirl said:

Hahaha, no.

Deathstroke weapons won't even get past Chief shielding, let alone his armor. He's faster, stronger, just as skilled with weapons, advanced technology, access to covenant, and human weapons.

Chief was taking down elite soilders, with punches as a 14 year old. He later took down 3 space armies alone.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

Deathstroke wins Rounds 1 and 3, John has a solid chance of taking the second.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ximpossibrux

@Deranged Midget said:

Deathstroke wins Rounds 1 and 3, John has a solid chance of taking the second.

I doubt it for Round 1.

Killing the most highly trained soilders in the UNSC (ODST's) with punches at 14 years old. Before they could even react they were dead.

get in here.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kingsloth

Deathstroke round 1 for sure, 2 he wins because of prep, but round three goes to Master chief because all gear means he is going to have some vastly superior weaponry.

Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief for all 3 rounds, people forget he's a super soilder that can react 3x as fast a human, basically indestrucibtle bones, and took down 3 space armies that could lay waste to Galaxies.

Even better as he survived a fall from space, dusted himself off and walked to fight more Covenant.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

@XImpossibruX: John without the suit is peak human at best, lower than Cap. He get's destroyed in combat by Slade.

@RedLanternSuperman: And you're forgetting that Deathstroke took on the JL all by his lonesome, wiped the floor with Batman, and reacted to Flash. John doesn't stand a chance in any round except the second.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

John killing some ODSTS at age 14 was impressive, but I'd put DS above some random ODSTS in terms of H2H skills. Slade takes round 1, though not without a fight. I don't how people could possibly root for DS in rounds 2 or 3 though if Chief has standard gear. He stomps Slade both times.

Lasiurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lasiurus

Okay, I get to throw in my two cents.

Round One - Without weapons, prep, or suits. I actually give it to Deathstroke. Yes there was the time, when Chief took down some ODST guys, but in the world Deathstroke is from, pretty much any fighter worth their salt can make special forces soldiers no matter how trained, look like punks. Also considering DS's ten times human thing, and 90 percent brain capacity, ability to imrpovise on the spot, I just don't think Chief has enough advantages to overcome that. I've heard crazy stuff about Chief, but he is not a bullet timer, who can flip tanks. He went 60 MPH once and screwed his ankle up, while his actual running speed is 32 MPH, Deathstroke has not been clocked, but is shown to have good speed.

Round Two - With a day or Prep and standard gear, I give it to Chief hands down. I think his armor would be the biggest contribution, and even with a day of prep, I can see Deathstroke underestiamting it, and not having any weapon that could actually pierce through.

Round Three - A week of prep, and assuming round two was fought, in continuity, I have to go with DS here. At this point, Deathstroke would know that he has to play smart, while also bringing out the big guns. Now Chief may press the advanatge if he gets the conflict on open ground, and then advanced on Deathstroke. However Deathstroke is intelligent, and I can see him pulling Chief into a trap, most likely something like a minefield, or even shooting him with a rocket launcher. Chief's gear however does include that bubble shield thing, but at the same time, he can fire from inside of it. Therefore this could be a drawback, as DS could line up a good rocket or other explosive, and wait for the shield to go down, and then fire. In addition if we're saying all gear they can get ahold of, such as Chief gets all Halo verse gear, and DS gets all DC verse gear, then I go with Deathstroke. To me the Needler would actually be the game changer, due to it's homing ability, if Chief can lob a few into Deathstroke it's a kill shot, I'm thinking, unless DS comes in his own hi-tech armour. I still go with DS but I'm only giving him a 6/10 of on this.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingsloth

@shroudofsorrow: I don't know if Masterchief has any prep feats on the level of slade though, that is the question with round two and three, but only round three should give him a real advantage in equipment, because a battle rifle is standard equipment in round 2.

RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget said:

@XImpossibruX: John without the suit is peak human at best, lower than Cap. He get's destroyed in combat by Slade.

What? Seriously?

John was chemically enhanced as part of the Spartan program. I'm not sure a peak teenage boy can kill Army men with his fists before they hit the ground.

15x stronger Skeleton, Boosted Tissue Growth, Heightened memory, perception. eyesight, far past humans in strength.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MonsterStomp

Im going to die. It's like choosing which way I want to die. I love both these characters. Deathstroke has floored Batman with H2H, Master Chief floored 4 ODST's when he was 14. Deathstroke has been compared to Batman in terms of preparation. Master Chief has an A.I who learned everything about the human race in 2 hours. I'm not saying anything. Would be a tough match.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#15  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@kingsloth: Yes, but he's also got his MJOLNIR armor which ensures that DS won't be able to hurt him.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

@RedLanternSuperman said:

What? Seriously?

John was chemically enhanced as part of the Spartan program. I'm not sure a peak teenage boy can kill Army men with his fists before they hit the ground.

15x stronger Skeleton, Boosted Tissue Growth, Heightened memory, perception. eyesight, far past humans in strength.

Seriously. I've read all the listing regarding John, the novels, etc. The Spartans coming out of augmentation were stated to be able to lift 3 times their body weight. The only thing stated to constantly improve was reaction speed and physical speed. The MJOLNIR armour helped amplify everything else. No where was it ever stated that their skeletons were 15x stronger, just that they were near-unbreakable.

Avatar image for pokemondefender
PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PokemonDefender

Hard to pick.... maybe Deathstroke for 1. But he gets wrecked by MC 2nd, and 3rd round.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Deranged Midget said:

@RedLanternSuperman: And you're forgetting that Deathstroke took on the JL all by his lonesome, wiped the floor with Batman, and reacted to Flash. John doesn't stand a chance in any round except the second.

DOn't forget, Slade had preparation for the JLA that scene. John was 14 when he wasted 4 highly trained ODST's.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kingsloth

@shroudofsorrow: Deathsroke has hurt lanterns and there ring provides them with an energy shield also. His powerstaff has also been said to be stronger than grenades. This battler ound 2 and 3 comes down to prep, I have played the games but never read any of the comics so I don't know if master chief can prep like slade.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Chief loses for 1, wins 2, and loses at 3. I'll put up details later.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

@MonsterStomp said:

DOn't forget, Slade had preparation for the JLA that scene. John was 14 when he wasted 4 highly trained ODST's.

I know John's feats, but honestly, taking out 4 featless ODST's while Slade absolutely wiped the floor with Batman. I'd say the comparison isn't exactly fair.

And the third round revolves around prep so John doesn't stand a chance against Slade.

Avatar image for pokemondefender
PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PokemonDefender

@kingsloth said:

@shroudofsorrow: Deathsroke has hurt lanterns and there ring provides them with an energy shield also. His powerstaff has also been said to be stronger than grenades. This battler ound 2 and 3 comes down to prep, I have played the games but never read any of the comics so I don't know if master chief can prep like slade.

He beat Kyle Rayner due to the worst PIS in comicbook history. Instead of using a construct and flattening DS, he goes to punch him.... why? Then DS overpowers him because why the hell not.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Xanni15

Slade's taking all 3, won't be easy but he's got this.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Deranged Midget said:

@MonsterStomp said:

I know John's feats, but honestly, taking out 4 featless ODST's while Slade absolutely wiped the floor with Batman. I'd say the comparison isn't exactly fair.

And the third round revolves around prep so John doesn't stand a chance against Slade.

Agreed. I hate it when two of my favorite characters are sparing :L

RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget said:

@MonsterStomp said:

A 14 teen year old... yes a 14 year old killing 4 of the most trained highly trained soldiers in the UNSC, who have been known to take on armies of covenant.(Halo ODST)

The we have Deathstroke(in his armor) KOing Batman, who is a martial arts master.

I say a teenager killing 4 grown men with punches to the face before they can even react is more impressive as a strength, and speed feat.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kingsloth

@PokemonDefender: thats not the only time he's hurt a lantern, below are 2 different occasions, I am not saying slade should win but he can get around energy shields if need be.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#27  Edited By Joygirl

I was just assuming that MC would be paralyzed with laughter after seeing DS's absurd proportions.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kingsloth

@Joygirl: this is pre-52 lilifield isn't messing up deathstrokes hand and drawing him holding a sword with 4 fingers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MonsterStomp

This could honestly be a stomp either way depending if MC gets Cortana. Also I wouldn't ignore the fact that MC has achieved every known respectable war medal in the world, aside from the "Prisoner of War" medal. That feat alone says MC is also a tactical/stratigical thinker.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kingsloth

@RedLanternSuperman: here is also deathstroke killing 2 trained soldiers while his hands and feat are tied

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Joewell911

bump

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Deranged Midget

@RedLanternSuperman said:

A 14 teen year old... yes a 14 year old killing 4 of the most trained highly trained soldiers in the UNSC, who have been known to take on armies of covenant.(Halo ODST)

The we have Deathstroke(in his armor) KOing Batman, who is a martial arts master.

I say a teenager killing 4 grown men with punches to the face before they can even react is more impressive as a strength, and speed feat.

No ODST could hope to take on Bruce or Slade in hand-to-hand combat. Would they fair better in a fire-fight? Probably, because they are trained for armed combat. I never said John killing four fully grown ODST wasn't impressive, but John wasn't exactly a pip-squeak either. He was stated to have the body of an 18 year old Olympic athlete.

Bruce and Slade both have feats that out-do taking 4 men at once. Armed combat is where John and the SPARTANS excelled at, of course he isn't a slouch in hand-to-hand combat due to his reactionary speed, but in terms of actual skill, he hasn't impressed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget said:

@MonsterStomp said:

The ODST's have a few feats, but against Deathstroke, would be nothing but canon fodder.

From The Fall of Reach

He went to the boxing ring, slipped through the ropes, and stood there waiting.This was starting to make sense. It was a mission. John had received orders from a superior officer, andthe four men were now targets.The big ODST pushed through the ropes and the others gathered to watch. “I’m going to rip you topieces, meat,” he grunted through clenched teeth.John sprang off his back foot and launched his entire weight behind his first strike. His fist smashed intothe man’s wide chin. John’s left hand followed and impacted on the soldier’s jaw.The man’s hands came up; John stepped in, pinned one of the man’s arms to his chest, and followedthrough with a hook to his floating ribs. Bones broke.The man staggered back. John took a short step, brought his heel down on the man’s knee. Three morepunches and the man was against the ropes . . . then he stopped moving, his arm and leg and neck til tedat unnatural angles.The three other men moved. The one with the bloody nose grabbed an iron bar. John didn’t need orders this time. Three attackers at once—he had to take them out before theysurrounded him. He might be faster, but he didn’t have eyes in the back of his head.The man with the iron bar swung a vicious blow at John’s ribs; John sidestepped, grabbed the man’shand, and clamped it to the bar. He twisted the bar and crushed the bones of his attacker’s wrist.John snapped a side kick toward the second man, caught him in the groin, crushing the soft organs andbreaking his target’s pelvis.John pulled the bar free—whipped around and caught the third man in the neck, hitting him so hard theODST was propelled over the ropes.“At ease, Number 117,” Chief Petty Officer Mendez barked. John obeyed and dropped the bar. Like the pin, it seemed to take too long for the impromptu weapon tohit the deck.The ODSTs lay crumpled on the ground, either unconscious or dead.

Master Chief has also taken down countless Elites and Brutes in hand-to-hand combat before, remarking that the Brutes' strength surpassed even his own.

Nonetheless, I'm thinking Master Chief/John is losing Round 1, but not as easily as everybody thinks. As a child, he was taught almost every single martial arts, and military fighting skills, which will only develop and become better as John ages. Since this is the most recent Master Chief, I'd say he puts up a fight without his suit, since he has demonstrated to easily be able to defeat 4, Highly trained, physically peak ODST soldiers. Sure, he doesn't have the most feats in there, but he, according to the Halo Universe, is one of their best fighters, and can be inferred that he is a top-notch fighter.

Also, even if he doesn't know who Deathstroke is, he can adapt, which is what SPARTANS are trained to do whenever they encounter a new enemy, and since Deathstroke looks like a humanoid, John will try and neutralize Slade by the same means he would with Rebels, Covenant, etc.

The latest I've seen of Master Chief in battle :

(skip to 1:40)

Master Chief with energy sword

(skip to 3:00)

Master Chief also has the speed and reaction skills in order to dodge some of Deathstroke's attacks.

From Fall of Reach

Halsey waved the video away. “Normal humans don’t have the reaction time or strength required to drive this system,” she explained. “You do. Your enhanced musculature and the metal and ceramic layers that have been bonded to your skeletonshould be enough to allow you to harness the armor’s power. There has been . . . insufficient computer modeling, however. There will be some risk. You’ll have to move very slowly and deliberately until you get a feel for the armor and how it works. It cannot be powered down, nor can the response be scaled back. Do you understand?”

The only problem is that Master Chief doesn't focus on hand-to-hand combat as much, and isn't the best/not a lot of feats. for him to say he can go against someone like Deathsthroke, who is a top-notch assassin and one of the best DCU fighters.

Round 2

For Round 2, I'd say Master Chief, with and without Cortana could defeat Deathstroke, who I don't think can think up of something to put down Master Chief in one day. Master Chief's armor is very important, and protects him from an array of damage, including falling from space to the surface of a planet.

Not to mention he has full weapons and armor, which makes this on his turf.

With Cortana helping him, she can hack into a whole bunch of databases and find out information about Deathstroke (assuming this takes place in the DC Universe), just like she finds information about Covenant enemies, ships, forces, complicated calculations, etc. She has hacked numerous Covenant flagships before, so these shouldn't be a problem.

Deathstroke is smart, but not smart enough to take down Master Chief with one day of prep.

Round 3

1 week prep? All gear? Unless Master Chief has a Halo Ring, he loses, since Deathstroke with prep and all gear took down the JLA.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Joewell911

Bump

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nick_hero22

I'm curious about Master Chief's Second Generation Armor.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By Strider1992

Round 1: DS should win

Round 2: MC wins (almost stomp imo)

Round 3: DS wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

Questions? Ask away, or PM me. I'm the Halo fanatic of Comic Vine :P

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nick_hero22

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@nick_hero22 said:

What is his armor's capabilities in Halo 4? Is it made from the same materials? Does it increases his stats further?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

What is his armor's capabilities in Halo 4? Is it made from the same materials? Does it increases his stats further?

It seems to be the same, but the game developers have stated that they changed Master Chief's armor and personality a bit for a reason for game purposes, so we might yet see new capabilities. So far, I have seen that Master Chief is a lot more agile than in Halo 3, and he does have a wider array of weaponry, as well as Forerunner technology. The HUD has changed to be more efficient apparently, but major additional changes are yet to be seen.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

It seems to be the same, but the game developers have stated that they changed Master Chief's armor and personality a bit for a reason for game purposes, so we might yet see new capabilities. So far, I have seen that Master Chief is a lot more agile than in Halo 3, and he does have a wider array of weaponry, as well as Forerunner technology. The HUD has changed to be more efficient apparently, but major additional changes are yet to be seen.

Thank You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Thank You

You're welcome :)

Any other questions, don't hesitate to PM me!

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Thank You

You're welcome :)

Any other questions, don't hesitate to PM me!

OK

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MonsterStomp

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Round one could really go either way. I didn't know MC was trained in several martial arts.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Joewell911

bump

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By INLIFE

Master Chief has shown impressive feats since he joined the program as a child. He is able to count every millisecond when a pen is dropped and has an overall improved physical attributes. His bones are nearly unbreakable. I believe that he would win in each round.

You Know Why? Luck

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sethlol

@Deranged Midget said:

QFT

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kameo

@SMDfanboys said:

@Joygirl said:

Hahaha, no.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MonsterStomp

End game/

Round One: Can go either way.

Round Two: MC stomps.

Round Three: Slade stomps.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Joewell911

@joewell said:

bump

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By gumflabica

DS murders in round 1. wins in round two. and gets vaporized in round 3.