Master Chief/Cortana run Super Soldier Gauntlet!

• 110 results
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

*Sigh*

Me like the idiot I am accidentally deleted the original topic. *mega face/palm*

Luckily I saved everything

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Master Chief going AWOL has been tasked by the Didact to take out the following people if he wishes to save Cortana from dying again. And so he is giving the toughest challenge yet. To fight and kill all the super soldiers listed on a holographic screen to prove if he really is one of a kind and if his breed of super soldiers is the best yet. Cortana is there to help him due to assist Chief in her final days. Both her and Chief are completely bloodlusted and will do anything so either of them will live.

Master Chief is given Promethean weapons/equipment by the Didact to ensure he wins. Upgraded Promethean vision. The armor he has is his current one which comes standard with thrusters. Chief is also given three days of prep by studying his potential victims abilities/weaknesses from the holographic screen. He is also given additional intel from Cortana.

After each round he is given rest and armor repaired. How far does he make it?

Round 1: Solid Snake

No Caption Provided

Round 2: The Winter Soldier(Bucky Barnes)

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Captain America(Steve Rogers)

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Laurence "Prophet" Barnes

No Caption Provided

Round 5: Doomguy

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Commander Shepard(Vanguard)

No Caption Provided

Round 7: New 52 Deathstroke(Slade Wilson)

No Caption Provided

Round 8: King of the Dead Black Panther(T'Challa)

No Caption Provided

Round 9: Wolverine

No Caption Provided

Round 10: Space Marine(generic)

No Caption Provided

Round 11: Crackdown Agent

No Caption Provided

Round 12: Agent Venom(Flash Thompson)

No Caption Provided

Round 13: Raiden

No Caption Provided

Round 14: Samus Arans(The Didact's main target)

No Caption Provided

Call out

Black Panther:

Deathstroke:

Captain America:

Samus Aran:

Mass Effect:

Metal Gear Solid:

Halo:

Master Chief:

Wolverine:

For people who posted in original thread:

@zaied@killerwasp@jwwprod@gingerpenny@thedemon_@doctor_wheatley@maiamaku@citizensentry@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thedailybagel  Moderator

He doesn't clear. Probably stops at the crackdown agent.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow and I had a convincing argument for the chief in the other thread. -__-

like I said in the other thread and seeing as how the rules are the same the Chief with Cortana, 3 days prep & Promethean weapons should clear most. based on books and comic book feats he can take down the prophet and with Cortana & Promethean weapons he should take down the prophet comfortably. My guess is that he stops at 9, 10 or 11. but with Promethean weapons he may be able to beat wolverine again maybe.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

Forerunner weapons allowed? He shots everything. Except for Samus Aran, why is she even in here? She would solo the entire gauntlet.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forerunner weapons allowed? He shots everything.

correct me but dont forerunner weapons=/=Promethean? I always thought of Promethean as just creatures created by the forerunners.

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

@thedemon_: Promethean are the little A.I robot knights you fight in Halo 4. "Promethean Knights" are the creation of the forerunners. These are just weak ground infantry that the forerunners have.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley:

Im aware of that but I was asking are the weapons the Promethean knights use actually weapons used by the Forerunner? Because I thought the Forerunners used a more advanced set of weapons.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else?

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at the spacemarine imo

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

@thedemon_: From what I know, The Promethean weapons destroy things on a molecule level and vaporize beings pretty easily. Don't let the gameplay fool you.

These weapons were developed to counter attack the Forerunner and Flood war, basically they are hard light that easily destroys organic beings. The use of Promethean knights were used in these wars because these robots were immune to the Floods infection.

I believe these weapons were also used in the Forerunner and Human war 300 million years ago where Humans were more advanced before they were almost bought to extinction.

Hard light or known as Boston Photon Fields is a forerunner technology that can be seen on light bridges on the Halo Arrays. They are used as ammunition for Promethean Weapons. These are the only forerunner weapons that we know for that certain type of infantry. However these weapons are meant to be used against organics yet they are still very effective towards shields and armor.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemon_: From what I know, The Promethean weapons destroy things on a molecule level and vaporize beings pretty easily. Don't let the gameplay fool you.

These weapons were developed to counter attack the Forerunner and Flood war, basically they are hard light that easily destroys organic beings. The use of Promethean knights were used in these wars because these robots were immune to the Floods infection.

I believe these weapons were also used in the Forerunner and Human war 300 million years ago where Humans were more advanced before they were almost bought to extinction.

Hard light or known as Boston Photon Fields is a forerunner technology that can be seen on light bridges on the Halo Arrays. They are used as ammunition for Promethean Weapons. These are the only forerunner weapons that we know for that certain type of infantry. However these weapons are meant to be used against organics yet they are still very effective towards shields and armor.

thats why I concluded in the original thread that the Chief can take down most of the people on the list with the Promethean weapons cause how it vaporizes people especially pulse grenades. thanks for the info and with that i believe the Chief can take down organic beings on the list with insane healing factors like Wolverine.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 7 he can't beat deathstroke if not stops at 9 he can't deal with wolverine no way.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

Stops at 7 he can't beat deathstroke if not stops at 9 he can't deal with wolverine no way.

I knw the Chief can take down pre-52 DS with his armor but how strong is new 52 DS?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@chazz85 said:

He could beat Pre or New-52 Deathstroke with moderate difficulty.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Doesn't make it past Prophet.

The Nanosuit offers the following

• Insane durability (during armour mode)
  • Superhuman strength (during Strength mode
  • Enhanced Speed (during Speed mode)
  • Invisibility (during cloak mode)

Laurence has also bonded with the Nanosuit (a lot like when the Symbiote bonded with Flash Thompson) gaining peak human physical condition.

Laurence is also a seasoned veteran of the Gulf Wars and Operation Freedom during the war on Al-Qaeda.

Master CQC (Close Quarters Combatant)

Has basic knowledge of all weapons he has come across (Which indicates he has trained with almost any weapon)

This is just the Nanosuit 1.0

I would post the CryTek Nanosuit 2.0 but then Prophet would wreck MC.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't make it past Prophet.

The Nanosuit offers the following

• Insane durability (during armour mode)
  • Superhuman strength (during Strength mode
  • Enhanced Speed (during Speed mode)
  • Invisibility (during cloak mode)

Laurence has also bonded with the Nanosuit (a lot like when the Symbiote bonded with Flash Thompson) gaining peak human physical condition.

Laurence is also a seasoned veteran of the Gulf Wars and Operation Freedom during the war on Al-Qaeda.

Master CQC (Close Quarters Combatant)

Has basic knowledge of all weapons he has come across (Which indicates he has trained with almost any weapon)

This is just the Nanosuit 1.0

I would post the CryTek Nanosuit 2.0 but then Prophet would wreck MC.

like I said in the other thread in reply to this same post the Prophet does not stomp at all and the Chief has the tools to take him down. especially the Promethean weapons which @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek broke down.

nothing in crysis shows me that the Prophet stomps the Chief but based on comic and book feats the Chief should take down the Prophet. Laurence is a seasoned veteran of the Gulf Wars & Operation Freedom? the Chief is a seasoned veteran of the human-covenant war which was a genocide against humanity and a parasitic galaxy threat such as the flood which he and Cortana almost single handily won themselves. unlike the prophet the Chief was trained since 6 to be a killing machine.

i dont know how fast the prophet is but the Chiefs fastest speed was 65 mph and his reaction speedd is 20 milliseconds and it was said that it would only get faster. then you have the fact that the Chief can see in slow motion via Spartan time. as far as durability the Chief too has insane durabiliy being able to survive multiple blasts from hunters FRC. Invisibility? the Chief is use to going up against cloaked enemies. plus he has motion sensors & also the Promethean visions. strength I feel its debatable. anyhow the Prophet doesnt have any weapons that the Chief is not use to or will permentaly take him down due to his armor which the OP stated to be his newer model. meanwhile the Chief has the tools to take down the Prophet: Cortana, 3 days of prep and Promethean weapons that will vaporize the Prophet.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wut

Shepard is way too high in this gauntlet, Chief beats prophet only because of forerunner weaponry, without it, Prophet drops him like a bag o' potatoes. That is true for... most of the matches here, funny enough.

Really, this is more, "Forerunner Weaponry vs Various Super Soldiers" then MC as those weapons are what is going to let him move way higher in the list then he should be able to.

May stop at round 10, but stops dead at round 11 for sure.

@thedemon_: I feel like I have to correct this every time I see it, which I probably do. It was KPH, not MPH. Big difference.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wut: I agree with you that he should stop at round 11 though I think Prophet will give John a fight.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wut

@jwwprod: I do too. Prophet is far stronger then John, and his invisibility does hide him from motion detection (had this discussion with another guy in another prophet thread), but Forerunner Weaponry is what lets John win, and that is pretty much the reason why he wins.

Seriously, they should just re-title the thread "Random Spartan holding Forerunner Weaponry vs Various Super Soldiers" But I guess it would be a mouthful. :P

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Stops at Wolverine or Space Marine. Space Marine armor is almost as good, weapons are way better, and they have a greater variety in training. Honestly the only reason Chief has a chance against the Space Marine is its a random, no name Marine. If it was Ragnar Blackmane, Zek Tsu'gan, Uriel Ventris, Garviel Loken...yeah.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemon_: Show me in the OP where it says that Master Chief is comic version....

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Huh? isn't Space Marine armour stronger than Spartan armour?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Space Marine armor is more durable. Spartan Armor has two advantages, being able to house AI (which 40k doesn't use because Daemons like to take them over, make them grow tentacles and try to strangle you), and they can enter most doorways without having to Kool-Aid man it through the wall.

Space Marine armor is better in terms of durability (even if you factor in the shields of Mjolnir), has better sensory equipment and increases the abilities of the Space Marines by a larger factor.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@jwwprod: Space Marine armor is more durable. Spartan Armor has two advantages, being able to house AI (which 40k doesn't use because Daemons like to take them over, make them grow tentacles and try to strangle you), and they can enter most doorways without having to Kool-Aid man it through the wall.

Space Marine armor is better in terms of durability (even if you factor in the shields of Mjolnir), has better sensory equipment and increases the abilities of the Space Marines by a larger factor.

And Spartans can look over their shoulders better :P

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheDEMON!

@wut: when has it been stated to be KPH and not MPH because I always read MPH. where? show me.

"Only a few months after augmentation procedures the SPARTAN-IIs were noted of being capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 kmh or 34.2 mph.[8]Kelly-087 was capable of running even faster than this speed. Later during the Human-Covenant war while in her Mark V MJOLNIR Armor, Kelly-087s the top speed recorded was 62 kmh or 38.5 mph[9]John-117 has been noted to have briefly ran at around 105 kmh or 65.2 mph during a MJOLNIRMARK V training exercise, however his Achilles tendon was torn because the strain put on his body was unsustainable.[10]"

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures#Results

^^yes he was injured but he was in his old armor.

It seems the Chiefs feats are beating vastly understated and underrestimated. i have not seen anything from the prophet side that concludes that he would stomp the Chief when the Chief based on comic and book feats can take down the Prophet. without Promethean weapons it could be a good fight but nowhere near a stomp and imo Chief could win. for the Chief vs Prophet is aint no person with forerunner weapons vs Prophet. the forerunner weapons are just bonus and of course we forget Cortana is also in the match.

anyways since I am surprised how overlooked Master Chief thes feats are, so...lets go over them.

1.deflects anti-air missile in Fall of Reach in old armor and no he did not almost die:

No Caption Provided

The tip of the Scorpion missile passed a centimeter from his head.

He reached out-fingertips brushed the metal casing-and slapped it aside.

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 264

2. able to bullet time as well and routinely dodges plasma (it is slower than bullets but still impressive)

Taken from The Fall of Reach.

Explosive needles bounced off the Chief’s armor, detonating as they hit the ground. He saw the flash of a plasma bolt—side stepped—and heard the air crackle where he had stood a split second before.

From The Fall of Reach

Bolts of superheated plasma from the Banshees punctuated the air.The Chief dodged to the right, then to the left; he ducked. Their aim was getting better.

3. Dissasembles Exoskelelonts and outmanuevers faster than their targeting and 30mm canons can aim.....OUT of armor after just receiving his augmentations...and kicks one 8 meters...

From The Fall of Reach

“Yes. The trainers in those exoskeletons can run at thirty-two KPH, lift two tons, and have a thirty millimeter mini gun mounted on self-targeting armatures—stun rounds, of course. They’re also equipped with the latest motion sensors and IR scopes. And needless to say, their armor is impervious to standardlight weapons. It would take two or three platoons of conventional Marines to tAake that bunker.”

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4.punches through reinforced concrete targets with ease in Halo the Fall of Reach

John focused his mind on motion. He leaped over a three-meter-high wall. He punched at concrete targets—shattering them. He threw knives, sinking them up to their hafts into target dummies. He slid under barbed wire as bullets zinged over his head. He stood, and let the rounds deflect off the armor. To amazement, he actually dodged one or two of the rounds.

and flips over a 7700 pound Warthog like it was nothing.

[John] grabbed hold of the Warthog's bumper then used his armor's strength enhancements to flip it back onto its tires

5. 5uns at nearly 50 miles an hour at high end, 35 at the slowest run, see in the dark, and lift three times their body wieght at the age of 14 out of armor...ANND Spartans have genious level IQ's.

Also taken from The Fall of Reach.

“Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH,” he explained. “Kelly can run a little faster, Ithink. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the ‘alterations’ we’ve made to their bodies. They canlift three times their body weight—which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increasedmuscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark.”

He [John-117] stood just over 2 meters tall and weighed in at 130 kilos of rock-hard muscle and iron-dense bone.

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 217 paperback

Dr. Halsey marveled at what a spectacular specimen he [John-117] had grown into. Fourteen years old and he had the body of a eighteen-year-old Olympic athlete, and a mind equal to any Naval Honors graduate.

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 59

he concrete beneath the Spartan had turned to dust and gravel as he launched forward. Barely a half second had passed and he was already 10 meters away...[Palmer] looked up from her boots and saw that his hands were no longer empty-his right hand now held a massive hard-chromed M6D, and a spare magazine was in his left. 8 thunderclaps rang out so fast that they bled together into a single long roar...With one hand at thirty meters and a dead run, two shots apiece, each a hit to the head or neck, what the holy hell are my men even aiming at back there

at a dead sprint of roughly 20 m/s (roughly 45 mph) and one hand Master Chief was double tapping Jackals in the head/neck (very small targets) with a dang pistol. Insane speed and insane accuracy all things considered

6. Reaction times measured in Milliseconds, and move in blurs....OUT of armor, which even further amplifies this...by a factor of five.

"What are their reaction times?"

"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mende replied. He shook his head, then added, "I believe it is significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping"

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 73 paperback

"More importantly," Dr. Halsey said, "the armor's inner structure is composed of a new reactive metal liquid crystal. It is amorphous, yet fractally scales and amplifies force. In simplified terms, the armor doubles the wearer's strength, and enhances the reaction time of a normal human by a factor of 5"

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 115 paperback

The last guard on the bunker turned to fire at John. Halsey gripped the edge of her chair. "He's at point blank range! Even stun rounds can kill at that distance!"

As the guard's gun fired, John sidestepped. The stun rounds slashed through the air, a clean miss. John grabbed the weapon's armature-twisted-and with a screech of stressed metal, wrenched it free of the exoskeleton.

Halo: Fall of Reach pgs. 72-73 paperback

CAN STAB THROUGH YOUR SKULL WITH HIS FINGERS...

The Spartan inched forward in uncanny silence, carefully gauging the distance between himself and the Jackal. He positioned his feet on the tunnel floor, assessing his footing and the strength of the concrete beneath him. He was less than 7 meters from the alien when its head snapped to side with a start, inhaling sharply. John sailed forward-covering the distance in two strides, his left arm a blur shooting forward, index and middle fingers outstretched together to form a spike. The Spartan's gauntleted hand passed effortlessly through the Jackal's skull just behind its left eye. John backpedaled, retreating into the darkness of the drainage tunnel-the grisly remains of his quarry dangling limply from his forearm

7. armor that is generally proof against machine guns 500 years in the future

John focused his mind on motion. He leaped over a three-meter-high wall. He punched at concrete targets—shattering them. He threw knives, sinking them up to their hafts into target dummies. He slid under barbed wire as bullets zinged over his head. He stood, and let the rounds deflect off the armor. To amazement, he actually dodged one or two of the rounds.

The Chief slung his rifle, grabbed the doors, flexed, pulled-and this time the heaey metal moved.

A flash of plasma fire washed over his shields, blinding him. He ignored it, closed his eyes, and continued to force his way through the door. Another plasma shot struck him in the chest.

8. taking a barrage of hunters frc blasts that are said to be equal to banhsees one that take down pelicans

No Caption Provided

9. Spartan 062 Maria testing a new series of MJONIR on earth, and yet another re-entry feat,

in Halo The Fall of Reach Spartans survive falling from 30,000 feet up in free fall from a Pelican going at over Mach 4 and hit the ground at over 130 meters per second, and shatter trees on their way down, with the only ones being hurt were ones who landed in rock quarries.

all of this should put the Chief on par or slightly above the Prophet. Cortana and Promeathean weapons are just bonuses that make this easier for the Chief.

@citizensentry

since where is there different versions of the Chief??? the comics, video games and books are all canon. many stuff from the comics like Chief beating the crap out of ODST soldiers have been mentioned in the recent show Hunt the Truth that is connected to Halo 5. There is no different versions of the Chief.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By godzilla44

wow and I had a convincing argument for the chief in the other thread. -__-

like I said in the other thread and seeing as how the rules are the same the Chief with Cortana, 3 days prep & Promethean weapons should clear most. based on books and comic book feats he can take down the prophet and with Cortana & Promethean weapons he should take down the prophet comfortably. My guess is that he stops at 9, 10 or 11. but with Promethean weapons he may be able to beat wolverine again maybe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: when has it been stated to be KPH and not MPH because I always read MPH. where? show me.

"Only a few months after augmentation procedures the SPARTAN-IIs were noted of being capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 kmh or 34.2 mph.[8]Kelly-087 was capable of running even faster than this speed. Later during the Human-Covenant war while in her Mark V MJOLNIR Armor, Kelly-087s the top speed recorded was 62 kmh or 38.5 mph[9]John-117 has been noted to have briefly ran at around 105 kmh or 65.2 mph during a MJOLNIRMARK V training exercise, however his Achilles tendon was torn because the strain put on his body was unsustainable.[10]"

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures#Results

^^yes he was injured but he was in his old armor.

It seems the Chiefs feats are beating vastly understated and underrestimated. i have not seen anything from the prophet side that concludes that he would stomp the Chief when the Chief based on comic and book feats can take down the Prophet. without Promethean weapons it could be a good fight but nowhere near a stomp and imo Chief could win. for the Chief vs Prophet is aint no person with forerunner weapons vs Prophet. the forerunner weapons are just bonus and of course we forget Cortana is also in the match.

anyways since I am surprised how overlooked Master Chief thes feats are, so...lets go over them.

1.deflects anti-air missile in Fall of Reach in old armor and no he did not almost die:

No Caption Provided

The tip of the Scorpion missile passed a centimeter from his head.

He reached out-fingertips brushed the metal casing-and slapped it aside.

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 264

2. able to bullet time as well and routinely dodges plasma (it is slower than bullets but still impressive)

Taken from The Fall of Reach.

Explosive needles bounced off the Chief’s armor, detonating as they hit the ground. He saw the flash of a plasma bolt—side stepped—and heard the air crackle where he had stood a split second before.

From The Fall of Reach

Bolts of superheated plasma from the Banshees punctuated the air.The Chief dodged to the right, then to the left; he ducked. Their aim was getting better.

3. Dissasembles Exoskelelonts and outmanuevers faster than their targeting and 30mm canons can aim.....OUT of armor after just receiving his augmentations...and kicks one 8 meters...

From The Fall of Reach

“Yes. The trainers in those exoskeletons can run at thirty-two KPH, lift two tons, and have a thirty millimeter mini gun mounted on self-targeting armatures—stun rounds, of course. They’re also equipped with the latest motion sensors and IR scopes. And needless to say, their armor is impervious to standardlight weapons. It would take two or three platoons of conventional Marines to tAake that bunker.”

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4.punches through reinforced concrete targets with ease in Halo the Fall of Reach

and flips over a 7700 pound Warthog like it was nothing.

[John] grabbed hold of the Warthog's bumper then used his armor's strength enhancements to flip it back onto its tires

5. 5uns at nearly 50 miles an hour at high end, 35 at the slowest run, see in the dark, and lift three times their body wieght at the age of 14 out of armor...ANND Spartans have genious level IQ's.

“Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH,” he explained. “Kelly can run a little faster, Ithink. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the ‘alterations’ we’ve made to their bodies. They canlift three times their body weight—which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increasedmuscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark.”

He [John-117] stood just over 2 meters tall and weighed in at 130 kilos of rock-hard muscle and iron-dense bone.

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 217 paperback

Dr. Halsey marveled at what a spectacular specimen he [John-117] had grown into. Fourteen years old and he had the body of a eighteen-year-old Olympic athlete, and a mind equal to any Naval Honors graduate.

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 59

he concrete beneath the Spartan had turned to dust and gravel as he launched forward. Barely a half second had passed and he was already 10 meters away...[Palmer] looked up from her boots and saw that his hands were no longer empty-his right hand now held a massive hard-chromed M6D, and a spare magazine was in his left. 8 thunderclaps rang out so fast that they bled together into a single long roar...With one hand at thirty meters and a dead run, two shots apiece, each a hit to the head or neck, what the holy hell are my men even aiming at back there

at a dead sprint of roughly 20 m/s (roughly 45 mph) and one hand Master Chief was double tapping Jackals in the head/neck (very small targets) with a dang pistol. Insane speed and insane accuracy all things considered

6. Reaction times measured in Milliseconds, and move in blurs....OUT of armor, which even further amplifies this...by a factor of five.

"What are their reaction times?"

"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mende replied. He shook his head, then added, "I believe it is significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping"

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 73 paperback

"More importantly," Dr. Halsey said, "the armor's inner structure is composed of a new reactive metal liquid crystal. It is amorphous, yet fractally scales and amplifies force. In simplified terms, the armor doubles the wearer's strength, and enhances the reaction time of a normal human by a factor of 5"

Halo: Fall of Reach pg. 115 paperback

The last guard on the bunker turned to fire at John. Halsey gripped the edge of her chair. "He's at point blank range! Even stun rounds can kill at that distance!"

As the guard's gun fired, John sidestepped. The stun rounds slashed through the air, a clean miss. John grabbed the weapon's armature-twisted-and with a screech of stressed metal, wrenched it free of the exoskeleton.

Halo: Fall of Reach pgs. 72-73 paperback

CAN STAB THROUGH YOUR SKULL WITH HIS FINGERS...

The Spartan inched forward in uncanny silence, carefully gauging the distance between himself and the Jackal. He positioned his feet on the tunnel floor, assessing his footing and the strength of the concrete beneath him. He was less than 7 meters from the alien when its head snapped to side with a start, inhaling sharply. John sailed forward-covering the distance in two strides, his left arm a blur shooting forward, index and middle fingers outstretched together to form a spike. The Spartan's gauntleted hand passed effortlessly through the Jackal's skull just behind its left eye. John backpedaled, retreating into the darkness of the drainage tunnel-the grisly remains of his quarry dangling limply from his forearm

The Chief slung his rifle, grabbed the doors, flexed, pulled-and this time the heaey metal moved.

A flash of plasma fire washed over his shields, blinding him. He ignored it, closed his eyes, and continued to force his way through the door. Another plasma shot struck him in the chest.

8. taking a barrage of hunters frc blasts that are said to be equal to banhsees one that take down pelicans

No Caption Provided

9. Spartan 062 Maria testing a new series of MJONIR on earth, and yet another re-entry feat,

in Halo The Fall of Reach Spartans survive falling from 30,000 feet up in free fall from a Pelican going at over Mach 4 and hit the ground at over 130 meters per second, and shatter trees on their way down, with the only ones being hurt were ones who landed in rock quarries.

all of this should put the Chief on par or slightly above the Prophet. Cortana and Promeathean weapons are just bonuses that make this easier for the Chief.

@citizensentry

since where is there different versions of the Chief??? the comics, video games and books are all canon. many stuff from the comics like Chief beating the crap out of ODST soldiers have been mentioned in the recent show Hunt the Truth that is connected to Halo 5. There is no different versions of the Chief.

The OP doesn't say this is comic book MC. pointless post.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry:

Like the Demon said aren't the video games, comics and books all intertwined? Or am I missing something? Not saying who wins, because like I said in the original thread as the thread maker I'm staying out of it. I'm just curious how comic book Master Chief is different from video game Master Chief besides game mechanics.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prophet kills him.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry:

Like the Demon said aren't the video games, comics and books all intertwined? Or am I missing something? Not saying who wins, because like I said in the original thread as the thread maker I'm staying out of it. I'm just curious how comic book Master Chief is different from video game Master Chief besides game mechanics.

Not necessarily as we've seen in the past that comic book characters who appear in movies or videogames are usually significantly Nerfed (their power level has dropped significantly). Also Master Chief in the video games is highly inconsistent

He has survived nuclear bombs, but he cannot survive a few shots from a plasma pistol. This is why Master Chief is a pain in the ass to debate against. People will show his high ranking feats which then get cancelled out by his low ranking feats.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry:

yes they are all interwined. Bungi/343i unlike DC and Marvel does not separate their video game story and comic book story. the comic books are used to further the Halo universe. yes its been said that video games are the number one canon but thats only if the comics contradict the video games which they dont. like I said the Chief beating up ODSTs as a kid is mentioned in the hunt the truth episodes which are canon to Halo 5.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CitizenSentry

@thedemon_ said:
@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

@citizensentry:

yes they are all interwined. Bungi/343i unlike DC and Marvel does not separate their video game story and comic book story. the comic books are used to further the Halo universe. yes its been said that video games are the number one canon but thats only if the comics contradict the video games which they dont. like I said the Chief beating up ODSTs as a kid is mentioned in the hunt the truth episodes which are canon to Halo 5.

Do you have a source of this information or is this just speculative assumption?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wut

@thedemon_: Lol,You literally posted the quote where the guy on the wikia posted their speeds, you just did it and still called it miles. (I shouldn't have to tell someone this, but miles are larger then kilometers, thus someone running at 55 mph is running faster then someone running 55 kph.)

You have never read it as MPH, why? Because the UNSC uses the metric system and the authors write the same to represent this. On the Wikia, people will go out of their way to convert it for people who don't understand the metric system very well. Jesus, even the Wikia you posted says 55 KPH.

Odds are you read it as MPH because you are American and so your mind clicked to MPH as the more commonly seen speed instead of KPH.

The speed of the Pelican doesn't effect the velocity of the Spartan due to something called Terminal Velocity. If someone were to throw you at the planet, you would slow down (not speed up) until you hit terminal velocity, the comic, itself, states that he was reaching terminal velocity, so again, the Pelican going over Mach 4 has no bearings on him.

Falling from 30,000 ft or 3,000,000 feet doesn't make a difference due to Terminal Velocity.

The backpack was used to break up the heat of reentry (just like Chief used a piece of the ship to protect against it in the other one). Their feat is for tanking terminal velocity, which is meh. When chief did it without the back pack, he had to lock his suit so it didn't snap his arms and harden the gel to not rupture his organs.

Never use this argument, ever. If you use the 'FROM THE FUTURE!" argument, I am just going to laugh at you. For a long time. Hate to break it to you mate, but the UNSC standard weaponry? Is no more impressive than modern day weaponry save for their specialist weaponry like Spartan Lasers and railgun. There is a reason people mock the Assault Rifle for being a 'SPACE!' AK. "FROM THE FUTURE!" is never a sound argument and never will be.

Mjolnir is resistant to small arms fire, this is true and always has been true, but never use the FROM THE FUTURE argument.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemon_

Oh okay.

@citizensentry:

Not necessarily as we've seen in the past that comic book characters who appear in movies or videogames are usually significantly Nerfed (their power level has dropped significantly). Also Master Chief in the video games is highly inconsistent

He has survived nuclear bombs, but he cannot survive a few shots from a plasma pistol. This is why Master Chief is a pain in the ass to debate against. People will show his high ranking feats which then get cancelled out by his low ranking feats.

Aye... I think you're referring to "game mechanics" which are not canon. There only used to "balance" out the gameplay. Of course we know a Ghost "splattering" Master Chief like in multiplayer wouldn't actually kill him. Same goes for every character on this lists when it comes to game mechanics besides the Crackdown Agent, because in the game Crackdown, it has no detailed storyline and so the gameplay tells it similar to how it is for Mario games.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemon_

Oh okay.

@citizensentry said:

@citizensentry:

Aye... I think you're referring to "game mechanics" which are not canon. There only used to "balance" out the gameplay. Of course we know a Ghost "splattering" Master Chief like in multiplayer wouldn't actually kill him. Same goes for every character on this lists when it comes to game mechanics besides the Crackdown Agent, because in the game Crackdown, it has no detailed storyline and so the gameplay tells it similar to how it is for Mario games.

He got KO'd by 2-3 plasma shots in a cutscene. can't remember which game it was though. i'll have a look.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wut

@king_stranglehold_da_first: They are related, but Halo, just like any other source of fiction out there, has high ends and low ends. Some people will only take the high end and parade that around as who that character is, while others will only take the low ends. A few sane people will take a 'middle ground' approach, but those people are hard to find.

Comic MC tends to be higher end compared to novel MC (although, there are points where they will overlap) and beyond.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut:

nice try but where does it specifically say the Chief ran lower than 65 mph? when they mentioned kph they said this...

John-117has been noted to have briefly ran at around 105 kmh or 65.2 mph during a MJOLNIRMARK V training exercise,however his Achilles tendon was torn because the strain put on his body was unsustainable.[10]"

im not good at math but 105 kph converted in miles is 65 mph! which was my point. when I posted the wikia I was only addressing the Chief the quote you posted doesnt even address the Chief. 55 for kelly converted to miles is 34 mph. yeah I was wrong about it being said mph and not kph but the Chief still technically ran 65 mph which was my point.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry

Okay.

@wut

Indeed. Comics in general seem to have higher showings than their video game or movie counterpart. Chief does have lower showings in video games, but like I said I'm staying out of this.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wut

@thedemon_: No, don't be that guy that takes the highest point he can find and then parade that around as normal, if you be that guy, you and I, are going to have trouble.

Now, I will explain why this isn't so. The reason he tore his tendon wasn't because that was the suits limitations, it was his own bodies limitations.

Remember why they made spartans? Why they augmented humans? Because the humans bodies could not handle the power of the Mjolnir armor, it tore them apart because their bodies limitations were too low.

Do you see a connection here? Odds are, that 105 kph, is the highest peak MC will everreach (Until a new author comes around and goes derpy derpy with a book akin to everything in grasslands), new armor or not, why? Because at this point, it isn't about the armor, it is about his own body. His body cannot move that fast and hold itself together, it tears itself apart just like what happens when humans put Mjolnir on. The suit can go that fast, faster arguably, but the person inside can't handle the strain which is exactly what happened to MC.

Thus, no, saying he can run 105 kph is being dishonest (unless you mention, every time, that running that fast tears his legs apart and he can only do it for a few moments) as if he does run that fast he shatters his tendons and is easy pickings, I point out, that in that scene, he ran harder than he had ever ran before and put everything he had into that short sprint. Sprinting is not quite the same as running, hell, even the 55 kph are sprint speeds (we know because he said 'burst', a burst of speed is what reached them that, not their average speed).

So, just like I do with Space Marines (giving low end and 'reasonable' [I say reasonable because 40k can get out there] high end speed), it would be best to say MC can run between 55-105 KPH. Don't use MPH when talking about MC because you may put 55-105 MPH, again, which will spark this conversation again.

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Lol avoiding anything to do with Halo Spartans is usually a good idea. People tend to go a tad crazy with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Not really,

"Master Chief is given Promethean weapons/equipment by the Didact to ensure he wins. Upgraded Promethean vision. The armor he has is his current one which comes standard with thrusters. Chief is also given three days of prep by studying his potential victims abilities/weaknesses from the holographic screen. He is also given additional intel from Cortana."

Is why he gets so far, chief aint the best with prep sure, but he aint no idiot and could obviously find weaknesses with cortana for sure, lets also not forget upgraded personal gear from the Didact this I'd assume means the powers that the Didact's warriors had ( Prometheans ), which does include some sick feats. As me and the op discussed in another thread, Crack down is I do agree where he stops, but it wont be a stomp. Anyway wut dont be such a sour patch about mr good ol MC! :D

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@thedemon_: No, don't be that guy that takes the highest point he can find and then parade that around as normal, if you be that guy, you and I, are going to have trouble.

Now, I will explain why this isn't so. The reason he tore his tendon wasn't because that was the suits limitations, it was his own bodies limitations.

Remember why they made spartans? Why they augmented humans? Because the humans bodies could not handle the power of the Mjolnir armor, it tore them apart because their bodies limitations were too low.

Do you see a connection here? Odds are, that 105 kph, is the highest peak MC will everreach (Until a new author comes around and goes derpy derpy with a book akin to everything in grasslands), new armor or not, why? Because at this point, it isn't about the armor, it is about his own body. His body cannot move that fast and hold itself together, it tears itself apart just like what happens when humans put Mjolnir on. The suit can go that fast, faster arguably, but the person inside can't handle the strain which is exactly what happened to MC.

Thus, no, saying he can run 105 kph is being dishonest (unless you mention, every time, that running that fast tears his legs apart and he can only do it for a few moments) as if he does run that fast he shatters his tendons and is easy pickings, I point out, that in that scene, he ran harder than he had ever ran before and put everything he had into that short sprint. Sprinting is not quite the same as running, hell, even the 55 kph are sprint speeds (we know because he said 'burst', a burst of speed is what reached them that, not their average speed).

So, just like I do with Space Marines (giving low end and 'reasonable' [I say reasonable because 40k can get out there] high end speed), it would be best to say MC can run between 55-105 KPH. Don't use MPH when talking about MC because you may put 55-105 MPH, again, which will spark this conversation again.

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Lol avoiding anything to do with Halo Spartans is usually a good idea. People tend to go a tad crazy with it.

these are fair points but all im saying is the Chief technically has ran 65 mphbefore even though it was his limit. and yeah I will avoid using mph...

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:What!? I like MC. :P You are the one that hates him with a passion.

@thedemon_: Technically he has, but as I said before, if you say that, you also have to point out that he only did so for a few moments and it snapped his tendons. 55-105 KPH is a good one because it shows he should be somewhere between those numbers for his 'normal' speed (compared to absolute high end, 105, and the low end of 55 which he did as a kid).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Btw comics, games, and novels are all connected. This was already provided when bungie had them make the novels to represent the games, anyone with common sense would know this, not saying you didnt think this way, just people in general. They either need to understand halo or simply leave the thread due to their downs effecting us all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: That is true, we all know Thel is better :D

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: With the Iron Halo, I'd say SM armor is more durable but it's pretty even. Terminator Armor? I'd say yes. Basic Space Marine armor? I've read over ten 40k novels and many of the Halo novels (as well as played the games of both) and seen nothing to suggest Ceramite is as durable as MJOLNIR armor. Close, certainly, but not quite as.

The difference is Space Marines pack WAY more firepower and a much greater variety of gear at all times (swords and knives along with bolt weapons and grenades...they are a walking armory).

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wut

@granitesoldier: And what examples would that be? Because, if you would like, I can easily produce tons of Space Marine armor feats against weapons far beyond what Mjolnir protects against.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I'd like to know what armor feats of basic, recruit level Marines you know of that I don't that put them far superior to Chief. Again I read both, so I want to k ow what you're seeing g that I'm not or how you're interpreting feats differently than myself.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: And just so the air is clear (since I read through above posts and think some are going overboard with Chief a tad) I like Chief, I like Halo...but I like 40k a lot more. I think it has a better story and lore and more interesting characters overall (Hazen Dak'ir and Ragnar Blackmane being my favorites).

However I do think there are a few posts prior to mine that sum it up well. Chief taking tank blasts andand making orbital drops is more impressive to me than the average Marine showing.

Which is a moot point anyway, because I already stated the Space Marine is likely to win the fight with superior melee skill and vastly superior weapons. If we agree that the Space Marine wins, honestly, I don't see why it matters and it's not something worth debating in my opinion. Because in the end the Space Marine still wins. If it was a named Marine with dedicated feats I daresay they'd handily win.