Marvel/DC Best Street vs Games turn Comics Best Street

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

The Classic Comic Icons of Street level faces the Video Games that got so popular, they got their own comics best street levelers.

Midnighter (Pre 52), Wolverine (Pre Cornell), Spider Man (Peter), Deathstroke (New 52)

vs

Liara T'Soni (Mass Effect 3), Cole Mcgrath (Infamous 2), Ryu (Street Fighter 2 / Udon Comics), Master Chief (Halo 4)

• All Characters are current unless specified.
  • Standard Gear.
  • In Character.
  • No BFR.
  • Start 100 feet apart and battle here.
No Caption Provided

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

You should probably take off Doors for Midnighter. Otherwise his team wins via dismemberment.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Hmm.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

You should probably take off Doors for Midnighter. Otherwise his team wins via dismemberment.

I seen Midnighter use that once, and never on a target protected by Energy Fields. Add to that Cole has mini Black holes and Liara has Stasis/Singularities.

So its not a soloing factor at all I think.

ComicNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Is this Cole when he absorbed the Beast (bad ending)?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@cadencev2 said:

@juiceboks said:

I seen Midnighter use that once, and never on a target protected by Energy Fields. Add to that Cole has mini Black holes and Liara has Stasis/Singularities.

It's debatable whether the shields would protect Liara from such an attack, if they would (I'll give her the benefit of a doubt) then there are other means to get through them. Like his pocket nuke.

Midnighter would likely know about Cole's power (or at least expect that as a possibility) and go straight for this option of ending the fight before he deploys those city busting abilities(which he doesn't use right off the bat anyway).

Two people have absolutely no defense against this method of attack, and the one person that definitively does can be wore down to the point where she can't utilize it.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dorukesin

Team Slade

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@juiceboks said:

It's debatable whether the shields would protect Liara from such an attack, if they would (I'll give her the benefit of a doubt) then there's other means to wear them down. Like his pocket nuke.

Midnighter would likely know about Cole's power (or at least expect that as a possibility) and go straight for this option of ending the fight before he deploys those city busting abilities(which he doesn't use right off the bat anyway).

Two people have absolutely no defense against this method of attack, and the one person that definitively does can be wore down to the point where she can't utilize it.

Pocket Nuke eh, how many times he used the Pocket Nuke? I now when we discuss Ultimate Hawkeye with his Nuke Arrow, its considered not standard gear. Why should Midnighter Pocket nuke that I never seen him use till this day standard?

And again, how odten does Midnighter use Doors decapitate? I seen on scan of it and that seems out of character.

@cadencev2: Is this Cole when he absorbed the Beast (bad ending)?

Good ending Cole.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

Midnighter knows his opponent's moves before the fight even started, and even if there's some surprise element, his computer implant will recalculate everything in a swift.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist

@angryhulks said:

@cadencev2 said:

@juiceboks said:

Midnighter knows his opponent's moves before the fight even started, and even if there's some surprise element, his computer implant will recalculate everything in a swift.

All that is true, yet for this awesome Battle CPU, Midnighter still struggles against good fighters and I hear from Wild Storm fans Midnighter many times actively ignores his Battle CPU for a challenge which is in character then.

Honestly Midnighter is like Flash kinda, he seems to be highly overrated at times on the boards.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

@cadencev2 Just because a character doesn't use a piece of equipment very often doesn't mean it's not standard gear. I'm not the biggest expert on Midnighter(that would be @strider92 and @buckshot division), but from what I've read it's fair to say that he carries it around with him but only uses it when he/the writer deems it necessary. Green Goblin has tons of gear on his person he's only used a few times, but that's no reason to assume he never carries them.

Similar to the pocket nuke argument, if he figures out how dangerous Cole and Liara are(battle computer) and getting near them for h2h combat would be damn near impossible(assuming he can't use doors to maneuver around the battlefield), then I don't see why he wouldn't resort to this. It's not like he's avert to killing people in ruthless fashion.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 Just because a character doesn't use a piece of equipment very often doesn't mean it's not standard gear. I'm not the biggest expert on Midnighter(that would be @strider92 and @buckshot division), but from what I've read it's fair to say that he carries it around with him but only uses it when he/the writer deems it necessary. Green Goblin has tons of gear on his person he's only used a few times, but that's no reason to assume he never carries them.

Similar to the pocket nuke argument, if he figures out how dangerous Cole and Liara are(battle computer) and getting near them for h2h combat would be damn near impossible(assuming he can't use doors to maneuver around the battlefield), then I don't see why he wouldn't resort to this. It's not like he's avert to killing people in ruthless fashion.

Again this comes down to standard gear and In character to use it. i seen Midnighter have some serious fights, and yet never used the Pocket Nuke that people claim is standard.

As I said, Hawkeye has a Nuke arrow, but many debtors on this site agree its not standard :/

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#14 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

All that is true, yet for this awesome Battle CPU, Midnighter still struggles against good fighters and I hear from Wild Storm fans Midnighter many times actively ignores his Battle CPU for a challenge which is in character then.

Honestly Midnighter is like Flash kinda, he seems to be highly overrated at times on the boards.

I'm curious which fighters you're referring to because the only one I can think of was Zealot, one of the top fighters in her universe. He struggled with Nemesis and Assassin8 and lost horribly to Jukko, but not while he was at 100% mentally, so it's not like those can be held against him, and I can't think of any other fighter that's given him trouble. And while he has played with fights to enjoy himself, if you're looking at that as a some sort of justification or pattern, there are fewer clear examples of that than there are clear examples of him fighting groups of enemies and not getting touched once or slaughtering more than a dozen people at a time with ease (and if you think he ignores his computer often but still manages to pull off those feats, then it only makes him MORE impressive).

As for if his pocket nuke is standard, it is. Midnighter carries a variety of explosives, just because he doesn't use them regularly doesn't mean they aren't there. You can argue if it's in character for him to use it, but that's a different thing from it being standard. But it seems silly that there'd be an argument over pocket nukes when apparently some characters are walking around with black holes.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

I'm curious which fighters you're referring to because the only one I can think of was Zealot, one of the top fighters in her universe. He struggled with Nemesis and Assassin8 and lost horribly to Jukko, but not while he was at 100% mentally, so it's not like those can be held against him, and I can't think of any other fighter that's given him trouble. And while he has played with fights to enjoy himself, if you're looking at that as a some sort of justification or pattern, there are fewer clear examples of that than there are clear examples of him fighting groups of enemies and not getting touched once or slaughtering more than a dozen people at a time with ease (and if you think he ignores his computer often but still manages to pull off those feats, then it only makes him MORE impressive).

As for if his pocket nuke is standard, it is. Midnighter carries a variety of explosives, just because he doesn't use them regularly doesn't mean they aren't there. You can argue if it's in character for him to use it, but that's a different thing from it being standard. But it seems silly that there'd be an argument over pocket nukes when apparently some characters are walking around with black holes.

So the fights he lost were due to not caring or something.

I suppose your right about the pocket nuke. I argue he wont use it because every time Ultimate Hawkeye is in a battle, he had use a Nuke arrow, and my hand gets slap by fellow veteran debtors that it was a one time showing. I see no reason why Midnighter should get treated different.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot said:

So the fights he lost were due to not caring or something.

Be specific about what you're talking about. If you'd been specific about which "good fighters" he struggled against I wouldn't have had to guess.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: What I am asking is does he have legit trouble against good fighters or does he simply lose do to not fully utilizing the Battle Computer. Is the Battle CPU flawless in its design?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot: What I am asking is does he have legit trouble against good fighters or does he simply lose do to not fully utilizing the Battle Computer. Is the Battle CPU flawless in its design?

The fighters he's had trouble with are all top level combatants but his fights have had other factors in them making it hard to know what exactly made them difficult.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laflux

@buckshot said:
@cadencev2 said:

lost horribly to Jukko

Wasn't he almost completely depowered when that happened?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@laflux: which is why i wrote "but not while he was at 100%"

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

Yes I get that :P, but you said 100 percent mentally. I thought all he had was he had was his enhanced durability, and everything else (CPU/Enhanced Stats) were gone. I may be wrong though.................

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

@cadencev2 said:

The fighters he's had trouble with are all top level combatants but his fights have had other factors in them making it hard to know what exactly made them difficult.

Ok, fair enough.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DireDrill

@cadencev2:

Hawkeye's Nuke Arrow was something that he had been given during preparation for his fight with the X-men. It is by no means something he carries with him at all times especially considering the potential for radiation poisoning.

I don't know the situation with the Pocket Nuke but if it something that he used with little to no preparation then it can be assumed that it is something he generally carries with him.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2:

Hawkeye's Nuke Arrow was something that he had been given during preparation for his fight with the X-men. It is by no means something he carries with him at all times especially considering the potential for radiation poisoning.

I don't know the situation with the Pocket Nuke but if it something that he used with little to no preparation then it can be assumed that it is something he generally carries with him.

Any proof it was a weapon made with prep? Its a nice claim, but he kinda pulled that Nuke out of his butt in the comic.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: That entire battle was made possible due to prep. The Ultimates had specifically prepared to take on the X-men which is why things like Neural Scramblers were brought. The X-men at the time where more than a match for the Ultimates so they needed the edge that equipment brings.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: No Alex Mercer?

Anyways this will boil down to midnighter ( who is usually not considered street) if he pulls out the doors there is not much The Video game can do in the face of That Haxs.

now Lirara could if they knew before hand could uses stasus on him removing him from play for a bit

Master Chife curbs Deathstroke as soon as the fight starts, Slade is Good Chief is just better

Spidy will have to tangle with Cole and Lirera (who will also be keeping Midnighter sealed ) Cole can take advantage of spidy being used to pure lightning user and suprsie him with ice powers

in the end they can win depending on what Midnighter can do

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@laflux said:

@buckshot said:

Yes I get that :P, but you said 100 percent mentally. I thought all he had was he had was his enhanced durability, and everything else (CPU/Enhanced Stats) were gone. I may be wrong though.................

Yes, there were limits on him in that fight other than his mind/combat computer, but I was addressing comments about his mind/combat computer.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist

@diredrill said:

@cadencev2:

That entire battle was

made possible due to prep. The Ultimates had specifically prepared to take on the X-men which is why things like Neural Scramblers were brought. The X-men at the time where more than a match for the Ultimates so they needed the edge that equipment brings.

Again, any proof that arrow was made from prep from a statement or anything other than your belief? By that logic all of Iron Man was made from prep. Or Black Widow's time bombs. Or Cap first showing with a machine gun. It was all due to prep. and not standard at all to said characters.

I guess every time Hawkeye uses a Special Arrow in his random battles vs Thor (Flash Bang Arrow), Ultimate 6 (Explosive Arrows), Giant Man (Roped Arrow), or a Iron Man Mech (Armour Piercing Arrows) was all due to prep too right? Those were all one time showings. All of Ultimate Hawkeye special arrows are one time showings. Must be all due to prep right?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole could possibly solo this.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: yep wild storm published some they are on his character thread here

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: yep wild storm published some they are on his character thread here

Neat, I like to see him and Cole (They seem like as far as games and themes should go together like PBnJ to me) have a crossover with DC or something.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: would love that ( they are kick ass) but both of them have been killed off so chances of that are not good

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Each of those arrows are fairly easy to make and in fact are carried in one way or another by any number of people. Heck, modern swat teams carry most of those items on a daily basis. Nothing is special about any of those arrows. They are just arrow versions of existing weapons and could be created by anyone with an understanding of arrows and explosives. To say that he wouldn't have those types of arrows is to suggest that modern Swat teams don't carry them. Considering that any nuclear device would have to be sanctioned by the local governments, it is highly unlikely that he gets to run around with a nuke in his quiver. He is a government agent, the Beauracracy alone would make carrying one standard almost untenable. Given that nuclear material also emits radiation, it would also be a liability to carry around all the time. The sheer amount of things precluding the carrying of a nuclear device make this all but a given.

Iron Man is all about prep and improvisation. He comes in with a set of tools and uses his high intellect to innovate new tech and gear on the fly. Hawkeye is not capable of doing so because his intellect is not high enough. He can't build a nuke arrow out of available components. Time Bombs are very simple devices anyone could build them. Black Widow is someone so she qualifies. These are things that terrorists build with munitions and cell phones. Machine guns are carried by standard military personnel, Captain America is a soldier and thus carries things that standard military personnel carry. The Nuke Arrow would require knowledge and skill well above what Hawkeye could manage. He would need to request that it be built. Either way all of these horrible points are a gross misrepresentation of my point.