Marvel cosmic showdown

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bookman

Silver Sufer vs Captain Mar-Vell vs Genis-Vell vs Nova vs Qusar. Who wins? {Note,Galactus is not in because he would win for sure.

Qusar is in it.
Post Edited:2007-07-18 13:08:23

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Boken

wha about Quasar

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Not sure. But I'm guessing Surfer.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

It's either Surfer or Nova depending on how much power one thinks Nova currently has. Some estimates put him somewhere between Surfer and Galactus for power level.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Satyrquaze

Seriously, no Quasar??

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Satyrquaze says:

"It's either Surfer or Nova depending on how much power one thinks Nova currently has. Some estimates put him somewhere between Surfer and Galactus for power level. "

Dude, Nova's that strong? Nova? "The Man Called Nova" Nova? Nah, I don't believe you. lol

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Satyrquaze

Eternal Chaos says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"It's either Surfer or Nova depending on how much power one thinks Nova currently has. Some estimates put him somewhere between Surfer and Galactus for power level. "
Dude, Nova's that strong? Nova? "The Man Called Nova" Nova? Nah, I don't believe you. lol"

Well... Garthan Saal who had the exact same type and level of power flowing through him took on the Avengers East and West, The Fantastic Four, Firelord, and Quasar all at the same time and was winning when Reed talked him into looking for his quarry elsewhere.

http://www.comicvine.com/garthan-saal/25716/

Another way to look at it is: One fraction of the Nova-Force turns a human into a human-rocket, Richard Rider currently weilds the Nova Force in it's entirety... the power of the entire Nova-Corps (usually over a thousand strong) in one man.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Satyrquaze says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Satyrquaze says:
Dude, Nova's that strong? Nova? "The Man Called Nova" Nova? Nah, I don't believe you. lol"
Well... Garthan Saal who had the exact same type and level of power flowing through him took on the Avengers East and West, The Fantastic Four, Firelord, and Quasar all at the same time and was winning when Reed *talked* him into looking for his quarry elsewhere. http://www.comicvine.com/garthan-saal/25716/ Another way to look at it is: One fraction of the Nova-Force turns a human into a human-rocket, Richard Rider currently weilds the Nova Force in it's entirety... the power of the entire Nova-Corps (usually over a thousand strong) in one man."

That's impressive. Is the Nova corps like Lantern corps?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Satyrquaze says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Satyrquaze says:
Well... Garthan Saal who had the exact same type and level of power flowing through him took on the Avengers East and West, The Fantastic Four, Firelord, and Quasar all at the same time and was winning when Reed *talked* him into looking for his quarry elsewhere. http://www.comicvine.com/garthan-saal/25716/ Another way to look at it is: One fraction of the Nova-Force turns a human into a human-rocket, Richard Rider currently weilds the Nova Force in it's entirety... the power of the entire Nova-Corps (usually over a thousand strong) in one man."

That's impressive. Is the Nova corps like Lantern corps?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Vaugely, but a little less powerful.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Satyrquaze says:

"Vaugely, but a little less powerful."

Cool. I say We give all of the Nova Corp. the phoenix force.

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Li'l T-bo

Characters have gone thru some changes. If we're talking the old school (Rider doesn't possess full Nova Corp powers and Surfer is Galactus' herald), I'm going w/ Surfer. Currently (Requiem for Surfer & Nova at full power), I'm going w/ Nova.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the creator

I think that SS would win due to his range of energy manipulation powers.

As for Nova having the same power level as Super Nova - Garthan Saal - I don't hink so.

Nova is aware that accessing the full power of the Nova Force (even though he is the recipticle of all the power) would damage his mind and drive him mad. The Worldmind helps to moderate the power accessed, advises Nova and also looks to be building in safeguards for Nova in to his uniform and maybe pschological ones.

Garthan never had the worldmind, so he never benefitted from this and accessed all the power, hence his massive power levels but he did go mad.

It was only his greater experience with manipulating a fraction of the Nova power 9compared to nova) that allowed his mind to survive.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Satyrquaze

Yes, Richard is definitly holding back with and without the help of the Worldmind, but I think Rich must have access to that power, otherwise, where did it all go?

It was stressed in the Annihilation: Nova mini (and repeatedly since then) that he has the power of the entire Nova Corps, if anything he has better control over it and isn't using it as a blunt insturment as Saal used it.

Richard Rider has access to all the power that Garthan Saal had, it's simply better regulated and controlled.

And you'd better believe that the Worldmind would allow Richard to bring the full might of the Nova-Force to bear if it became nessisary.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the creator

Satyrquaze says:

"Yes, Richard is definitly holding back with and without the help of the Worldmind, but I think Rich must have *access* to that power, otherwise, where did it all go? It was stressed in the Annihilation: Nova mini (and repeatedly since then) that he has the power of the *entire* Nova Corps, if anything he has better control over it and isn't using it as a blunt insturment as Saal used it. Richard Rider has access to all the power that Garthan Saal had, it's simply better regulated and controlled. And you'd better believe that the Worldmind would allow Richard to bring the full might of the Nova-Force to bear if it became nessisary."

Possibly, but accessing this would drive him off the deep end.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Satyrquaze

The_Creator says:

"Possibly, but accessing this would drive him off the deep end. "

Possibly, but not necissarily. The new suit does provide padding in that area. I don't think that using the power would drive him insane, having the power and holding onto it would slowly erode his sanity. I don't recall a 'the more you use the power' clause when he was originally talking to the Worldmind.

Besides, is was the knowledge of Richard's existence that drove Garthan insane, not the power itself, the power didn't help matters, however.

Either way, driven insane or not, Nova wins.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SeSAW

Either one of the first 3 listed id say surfer by a slight margin but you can't count out Genis and Cap

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By warlock360

Toss up between SS and Genis-Vell

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points