Mako vs Ty Lee

• 60 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Book 1, Mako and Korra went down to Equalist chi blockers. Has Mako improved enough since then to take on Ty Lee, the original chi blocker?

Fight takes place in Republic City. Time is late afternoon. Starting distance is 30 feet

Round 1: in character

Round 2: bloodlusted

Who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Arcus1

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino@rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @106me @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender @hulkage @d3athstroke @linark

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think he can take her.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Just wondering if it's possible if I could be taken out of the tag list?

I'll still engage and participate in your battles if they interest me though.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: any reasons?

@saint_sophie: No, it's absolutely not possible. At all

J/k, sure. Thanks for letting me know. I apologize in advance if I accidentally copy from a list I haven't removed you from

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well Mako is agile enough to avoid her attacks and he can perform some crazy wall running feats with his fire. That alone can keep him out of the way of her, then if you incorporate his powerful fire-bending and his instalightning and utilize that with his movements, I think he can rage her before she tags him and with lightning or even enough fire, it would only take once...he might not want to get to close to her though.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mako.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Someone already explained it.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnfrank120

Could go either way.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ty Lee.

@arcus

Really we need more specifics then Republic City, because its environment is screwed up. There's a lake, a downtown area, city hall oh and of course the giant mutated spirit areas.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Ty Lee.

@arcus

Really we need more specifics then Republic City, because its environment is screwed up. There's a lake, a downtown area, city hall oh and of course the giant mutated spirit areas.

Let's say it's where Mako fought the chi blocker

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ty Lee for Round 1; too agile and skilled.

Mako for Round 2 due to his rapid lightning projection.

L. D.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can give solid reasons for purpose of debate, if people so desire them.

L. D.

Avatar image for lightenupwillya
LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm suprised to see people voting for Mako.

Staring distance may be a factor but I belive she takes him down under 1 minute for both rounds.

Maybe he takes a few suprise wins in second round due to fast lightnings in really close range, though Amon tanked it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightenupwillya said:

Staring distance may be a factor but I belive she takes him down under 1 minute for both rounds.

Maybe he takes a few suprise wins in second round due to fast lightnings in really close range, though Amon tanked it.

Good points, agree with all. But I think 30 meters is enough for Mako to land a good shot in Round 2 and I would believe his lightning projection has gotten better since he fought Amon.

L. D.

Avatar image for lightenupwillya
LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightenupwillya said:

Good points, agree with all. But I think 30 meters is enough for Mako to land a good shot in Round 2 and I would believe his lightning projection has gotten better since he fought Amon.

L. D.

I completely dismissed the fact that it was in season 1.

You're correct If he can evade her long enough to get 1 shot of lightning he takes every battle in round 2. I don't remember feats of him evading someone as fast and agile as Ty Lee though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

@lightenupwillya said:

L. D.

I completely dismissed the fact that it was in season 1.

You're correct If he can evade her long enough to get 1 shot of lightning he takes every battle in round 2. I don't remember feats of him evading someone as fast and agile as Ty Lee though.

The distance between is 30 feet. I believe he will start the fight by projecting lightning, when bloodlusted.

L. D.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anthp2000  Moderator

Mako is never tagging Ty Lee. She gets close by being leagues faster and stomps with h2h.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mako looses obviously.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mako is never tagging Ty Lee. She gets close by being leagues faster and stomps with h2h.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ty Lee beats book 1 Mako.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

Ty Lee beat book 1 Mako.

I'd say she beats EoS Mako.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ty Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I don't see it. I think Mako's feats of keeping up with Ming (even hindered she was still very fast) as well as his firejets allow him to take Ty Lee.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000: I don't see it. I think Mako's feats of keeping up with Ming (even hindered she was still very fast) as well as his firejets allow him to take Ty Lee.

True these showings help but unlike Ming, Ty Lee specializes in evasion during her fights. I mean that while Ming is insanely agile and incredibly fast, almost or just as good as Ty Lee under normal circumstances and comparable when she faught Mako in the finale, she needs to combine her evasion with offence and defence unlike Ty Lee who focus explusively on evasion until she gets in CQ.

As for Jet Propulsion, even if he gets on a building, Ty can climb up there without getting tagged.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Ming was focusing on evasion when Mako was tagging her.

Ty Lee is very agile, but she doesn't really have a great record of moving forward while simultaneously evading. Sleep-deprived Katara was able to fend her off with a water pouch.

Does Ty have any climbing feats? Because Mako can propel himself ~100 feet in one go with his firejets. Besides, even if Ty reaches the top of the building, Mako can just jet to another one.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000: Ming was focusing on evasion when Mako was tagging her.

Ty Lee is very agile, but she doesn't really have a great record of moving forward while simultaneously evading. Sleep-deprived Katara was able to fend her off with a water pouch.

Does Ty have any climbing feats? Because Mako can propel himself ~100 feet in one go with his firejets. Besides, even if Ty reaches the top of the building, Mako can just jet to another one.

Mnig Hua under these circumstances was much slower than Ty Lee and unlike Ty Lee would, she was getting overpowered too.

Katara had faught her before and Ty Lee blitzed her in the Earth Palace when she used full speed. Yes it was a cheap shot but Katara couldn't bend on time. Generally, any fight between Katara with a water pouch and Ty Lee would go this way considering Katara reacted the moment Ty Lee started moving. And Mako is not faster than sleep deprived Katara.

She climbed on top of the gondola in The Boling Rock. And she can still just use the other buildings to get up there faster.
And Ty Lee can just leap to that other one. It's just that she is faster.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

No, Ming was every bit as fast as Ty Lee under those circumstances.

Mako has knowledge on chi-blockers. Katara did bend on time, she just couldn't do anything beyond get the water out of her pouch. Your assertion is blatantly incorrect considering a prepared but sleep deprived Katara was able to hold her off. Mako is much faster; he reacts to explosions and Katara couldn't even react to Mai's knives.

100 foot building >>> forty foot gondola. If she tries climbing up slowly Mako is free to spam explosive fireblasts or lightning at her.

Not if it's more than ~40 feet away.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000:

No, Ming was every bit as fast as Ty Lee under those circumstances.

Mako has knowledge on chi-blockers. Katara did bend on time, she just couldn't do anything beyond get the water out of her pouch. Your assertion is blatantly incorrect considering a prepared but sleep deprived Katara was able to hold her off. Mako is much faster; he reacts to explosions and Katara couldn't even react to Mai's knives.

100 foot building >>> forty foot gondola. If she tries climbing up slowly Mako is free to spam explosive fireblasts or lightning at her.

Not if it's more than ~40 feet away.

Considering she was KOed right before that fight and considering she doesn't have Ty Lee's speed feats, no.

How does that help him?
She didn't manage to get the water out of her pouch enough to bend and do something like blast Ty Lee away or flash freeze her or something.
Katara could not do anything about knives thrown at her, her bending was too slow.

So you're saying that she cannot climb it? Ok, she can leap from builiding to building anyway.

What is more than 50 feet away?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Ty Lee is not nearly as maneuverable as Ming Hua.

It helps him because he'd recognize the style.

True, but Mako's firebending is faster than that, not to mention that was a cheapshot.

She did just fine in Omashu.

What if there aren't any nearby buildings with the right height?

The next building Mako jets to.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000:

Ty Lee is not nearly as maneuverable as Ming Hua.

It helps him because he'd recognize the style.

True, but Mako's firebending is faster than that, not to mention that was a cheapshot.

She did just fine in Omashu.

What if there aren't any nearby buildings with the right height?

The next building Mako jets to.

Under these circumstances, she is more manuverable. Under others, she is very close.

This does not help him at all. His h2h skill is non-existent.

And that's why she can't blitz Mako like there, I just think that eventually she can win.

Katara tried to bend a water from the lake near the river and got outdrawn and one shotted because of that opening. In Omashu, she neither left openings, nor did she lack a pint blank water source. Besides, Sokka reacted to Mai's arrows in that fight and later failed to react to Ty Lee properly.

There's no "right height" needed. Republic City is full of series of skycrapers and tall buildings one next to the other. Ty Lee has plenty of ways to get on one. Climbing is one of them,

You though I meant Ty Lee can only leap 30 ft. away? No, she can do mroe than that. 30 ft. is basically the height.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

No. Ming's best > Ty's best. Maneuverability =/= agility.

Neither did sd Katara.

She can't. His range advantage is too much and she lacks the high end evasion to casually dodge his attacks.

No Caption Provided

She starts bending before Mai throws. Sokka could react to Ty Lee, she was just vastly more skilled than him.

And if none of the nearby ones are are short enough for her to climb? Mako knows the city way better than she does.

Can she go 100?

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ty Lee.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cocacolaman  Moderator

Mako. He's not slow and Ty Lee can't deal with his bigger fire blasts and lightning in any meaningful way. She'd only win if Mako uses small blasts and doesn't actually try to tag her.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 3 and 4 Mako should be able to take her out fairly quick.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tylee wins this, she's faster, more agile and her evasion range is above mako's attacks.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Tylee wins this, she's faster, more agile and her evasion range is above mako's attacks.

She isn’t faster, not in physicals and definitely not if Mako uses jets. Her being able to do big jumps means nothing either, Ming Hua could do the same thing just as well if not better. And Mako could force her to block his attacks without any real trouble. Which Ty Lee can’t do, and when she’s on her back foot, that’s when she gets fried.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Season 3 and 4 Mako should be able to take her out fairly quick.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Aystarr
@kataraaaa said:

@aystarr said:

She isn’t faster.

Yes she is, she has better combat speed feats and has been able to react to or recover quickly from attacks from Katara, Toph, Aang etc

not in physicals and definitely not if Mako uses jets.

I don't see how mako jets is important here, I was talking more about combat and recovery speed, also unless I'm forgetting something, mako can't really fight when using jets as he uses his hands for it.

Her being able to do big jumps means nothing either, Ming Hua could do the same thing just as well if not better. And Mako could force her to block his attacks without any real trouble.

Mako didn't force ming to block his attacks, ming did because she could and she did it successfully, not once did it ever feel like he was pressuring her and she actually overpowered him in some instances, until the finale when she had little water and couldn't do much and was just fresh out an earth slam from an Avatar state Korra, before jumping into the pool.

Which Ty Lee can’t do, and when she’s on her back foot, that’s when she gets fried.

Tylee can just about evade for every single attack mako throws on the basis of her evasion being above the scale of his attacks and her being able to react faster than or at the very least just as fast as he can throw them, I don't see him tagging her at all before she closes in on him and chiblocks him.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@kataraaaa said:

@aystarr said:

She isn’t faster.

Yes she is, she has better combat speed feats and has been able to react to or recover quickly from attacks from Katara, Toph, Aang etc

not in physicals and definitely not if Mako uses jets.

I don't see how mako jets is important here, I was talking more about combat and recovery speed, also unless I'm forgetting something, mako can't really fight when using jets as he uses his hands for it.

Her being able to do big jumps means nothing either, Ming Hua could do the same thing just as well if not better. And Mako could force her to block his attacks without any real trouble.

Mako didn't force ming to block his attacks, ming did because she could and she did it successfully, not once did it ever feel like he was pressuring her and she actually overpowered him in some instances, until the finale when she had little water and couldn't do much and was just fresh out an earth slam from an Avatar state Korra, before jumping into the pool.

Which Ty Lee can’t do, and when she’s on her back foot, that’s when she gets fried.

Tylee can just about evade for every single attack mako throws on the basis of her evasion being above the scale of his attacks and her being able to react faster than or at the very least just as fast as he can throw them, I don't see him tagging her at all before she closes in on him and chiblocks him.

Yes she is, she has better combat speed feats

No she isn't, there is no major difference in combat speed between avatar characters. They can all react to bending projectiles and the fastest character movement wise is Aang who everyone has reacted to several times.

and has been able to react to or recover quickly from attacks from Katara, Toph, Aang etc

Recovering quickly from an attack doesn't mean you reacted to it. Ty Lee never reacted to an attack from Toph or Aang. And there's no proof these characters are faster in combat than Unalaq or Ming Hua, both of whom Mako could react to just fine. Mako reacting to an explosion is the best speed feat either of the two have. So feat wise Mako's the one who's faster if anything.

Idon't see how mako jets is important here, I was talking more about combat and recovery speed, also unless I'm forgetting something, mako can't really fight when using jets as he uses his hands for it.

Recovery speed isn't really a thing, never even heard the term used in this context before. The point is if you think Ty Lee is faster than Mako physically, she still isn't faster than Mako on jets, which he can use to close or widen the gap on her pretty quickly. Just like he did against Ming Hua and Ghazan. So Ty Lee being able to dodge forever won't work and is something Mako's already proven he can counter.

Mako didn't force ming to block his attacks, ming did because she could and she did it successfully,

He did, in the finale, where she was trying to run to the lake. She was forced to block his attacks because she was pinned down and couldn't keep dodging. Her being able to block his attacks means nothing here because Ty Lee can't do that, so the point still stands.

not once did it ever feel like he was pressuring her and she actually overpowered him in some instances, until the finale when she had little water and couldn't do much and was just fresh out an earth slam from an Avatar state Korra, before jumping into the pool.

Whether or not Ming can overpower Mako doesn't matter, it still doesn't change the fact Mako can keep up with her agility just fine. Both with his physicals or with his jets. And your last argument still doesn't work on any level. Not only is there still zero proof Ming taking that hit nerfed her in anyway, especially her mobility which didn't appear compromised at all, and not only did she have more than enough water to jump around, which is why she did so just fine, even if she were nerfed by her circumstances at the time, it doesn't change the fact that was the only encounter in which she was able to dodge Mako successfully.

And it's still a baseless claim because Ty Lee is not more agile than Ming Hua. If you're going to argue Ty Lee is faster in combat than Mako then you'd have to argue she's faster than Ming Hua too because Mako and Ming Hua were clearly shown to be relevant in combat speed, which you haven't. Mako can spam adult sized fireblasts, has lightning, and has jets to press Ty Lee like he's already done before. Even if Ty Lee managed to get within striking range, which frankly isn't possible unless Mako jobs here, there's still no guarantee she'd even win. As Mako is far from incompetent as a H2H combatant, not quite Ty Lee level, but he's good enough to hold his own and regain distance again.

JJKHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IC he might job but bloodlusted he wins 10/10 nodiff

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 anthp2000  Moderator

Ty Lee would drop him in seconds.

Seemorebutts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving it to Ty Lee. Lesser chi blockers handled Mako just fine in the first season and again in the comics. Ty Lee is faster, she was able to blitz Katara and way more agile. Plus she was able to react to Azulas lightning in the comics.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kataraaaa:

No she isn't, there is no major difference in combat speed between avatar characters. They can all react to bending projectiles and the fastest character movement wise is Aang who everyone has reacted to several times.

lol, maybe to you, to me there's a difference in speed between some avatar characters and it has even been a factor in battle, and we see it play out a couple of times, Zaheer vs Kya, Unalaq vs mako, Ming vs Kya, Tylee vs Terra Team etc being some examples I can think of. Aang's speed usually shows in his evasion, he is not an active fighter so he is not going to be using that as much as the others.

Recovery speed isn't really a thing, never even heard the term used in this context before.

Tylee is able to execute high energy moves swiftly after each other and/or bounce back quickly after getting tagged in combat, which is what I mean by recovery speed, e.g Her reacting to Toph launching her in the earth king's palace and recovering with a flip.

Recovering quickly from an attack doesn't mean you reacted to it. Ty Lee never reacted to an attack from Toph or Aang. And there's no proof these characters are faster in combat than Unalaq or Ming Hua, both of whom Mako could react to just fine. Mako reacting to an explosion is the best speed feat either of the two have. So feat wise Mako's the one who's faster if anything.

And that's why I said " react to or recover quickly..." , the whole reason for mentioning her feats of recovery against aang and Toph is to show how fast she's able to think of and perform her high end acrobatic moves, also I don't see the point of comparing them to unalaq or ming considering they both eventually blitzed mako after a few seconds of their battle showing he is indeed inferior to them in speed, and mako didn't react to an explosion if you're talking about book 2, not that it would put him above Tylee in combat speed if he did but he didn't, he reacted to the fire from the explosion, not the explosion itself.

The point is if you think Ty Lee is faster than Mako physically, she still isn't faster than Mako on jets, which he can use to close or widen the gap on her pretty quickly. Just like he did against Ming Hua and Ghazan. So Ty Lee being able to dodge forever won't work and is something Mako's already proven he can counter.

Mobility and combat/recovery speed are two completely different things, I don't understand why you keep relating them here, Mako being able to cover distances with jets isn't the same as and doesn't mean he can perform attacks as quickly as Tylee or do them faster than she can react to them, I don't see why he would want to get close to Tylee either considering that's where she'll thrive. And Tylee isn't "dodging forever", she's definitely going to get closer to him while evading.

He did, in the finale, where she was trying to run to the lake. She was forced to block his attacks because she was pinned down and couldn't keep dodging. Her being able to block his attacks means nothing here because Ty Lee can't do that, so the point still stands.

Yes yes, I said that in my post before this, the difference between our interpretation of this though is I applied it's context to it, which you dont in most discussions, He didn't do that on the basis of being able to pin a properly equipped ming down, he did that on being able to pin a ming who had little water to perform like she usually does after literally being slammed by an AS korra, and even then she was still able to evade against most of his attacks, not to mention the huge fact that he only tagged ming in that fight when she tried to go against his attack under those limitations, not when she was actually evading, how does this have anything to do with Tylee?.

Whether or not Ming can overpower Mako doesn't matter, it still doesn't change the fact Mako can keep up with her agility just fine. Both with his physicals or with his jets.

Show me feats of him being able to tag Ming during evasionthen maybe I'll agree, not that this would mean anything once again as ming's evasion range in the final battle was way below Tylee's but do show me.

And your last argument still doesn't work on any level. Not only is there still zero proof Ming taking that hit nerfed her in anyway, especially her mobility which didn't appear compromised at all, and not only did she have more than enough water to jump around, which is why she did so just fine, even if she were nerfed by her circumstances at the time, it doesn't change the fact that was the only encounter in which she was able to dodge Mako successfully

We literally see her back crush the rock wall, her grunt in pain and lose every bit of water she had which was not much before but ok. And that's the point, she didn't have much water which is exactly why she was running away from mako in that fight with Little evasion range, which she didn't do against him before that, and even then, mako still couldn't tag her until she tried to attack, you're just proving my point lol.