Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ego

VS

both are pretty strong enough to own Apocalypse...

But who would win out of the two if Magneto and Styfe dual it out?

Post Edited:2008-05-27 04:42:41

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

Stryfe. He's X-Man all grown up basically. He's the most powerful mutant ever, and I don't think he'd have much trouble taking Magneto out. I love Magneto, and he is immensely powerful, but Stryfe is on a different level. Those pics of Magneto beating Apocalypse were part of an epic battle that ended Apoc's rule in AoA. In X-Cutioner's song Stryfe just slaps him silly, mostly with his TK. He is what Cable would be with no restraints or t/o virus. He's a clone of the baby that was genetically engineered to defeat Apocalypse and save the world.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ego
Korg said:
"

Stryfe. He's X-Man all grown up basically. He's the most powerful mutant ever, and I don't think he'd have much trouble taking Magneto out. I love Magneto, and he is immensely powerful, but Stryfe is on a different level. Those pics of Magneto beating Apocalypse were part of an epic battle that ended Apoc's rule in AoA. In X-Cutioner's song Stryfe just slaps him silly, mostly with his TK. He is what Cable would be with no restraints or t/o virus. He's a clone of the baby that was genetically engineered to defeat Apocalypse and save the world.

"

Well can TK overpower EM? TK can lift object via the mind, but EM does exactly the same thing. Only better on metals than non metals.

And i don't think TK powers can hurt magneto directly when he has his forcefield on. How can strife get in? how can strife deflect magneto's em blast and em shockwaves?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Stryfe.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Stryfe's got alot of metal on him.

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Queen Kong
Gambler said:
"Stryfe's got alot of metal on him.
"
It's metal colored plastic like the Silver Surfer action figure..lol.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Queen Kong said:
"Gambler said:
"
It's metal colored plastic like the Silver Surfer action figure..lol.
"
Spits drink LMFAO
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"
I didn't even thing about that...damn I feel dumb.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ego
Gambler said:
"

I always thought that was diamond armor
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Ego said:
"Gambler said:
"

I always thought that was diamond armor"
Maybe. Its been awhile since I read that arc
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Korg

Stryfe is strong enough to shut off Magneto's powers. He did it to Cyclops and Jean simultaneously.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ego
Korg said:
"Stryfe is strong enough to shut off Magneto's powers. He did it to Cyclops and Jean simultaneously."

Magneto can shut off jeans and scott simultaneously too with just 1 burst of em pulse wave.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ego said:
"Korg said:
"Stryfe is strong enough to shut off Magneto's powers. He did it to Cyclops and Jean simultaneously."

Magneto can shut off jeans and scott simultaneously too with just 1 burst of em pulse wave.
"
WHAT????
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ego
Vance Astro said:
"Ego said:
"Korg said:

"
WHAT????"

cyclops and jean both have human anatomy. if any human is exposed with high electro magnetic fields our nervous system will shut down.

hold a huge magnet to your heart long enough and you die.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
What is that Stryfe wearing ? Is it Metal or Diamond ? 
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ego
King Saturn said:
"What is that Stryfe wearing ? Is it Metal or Diamond ? "

I always thought it was daimond coating or pure diamond. anyway, it's been more than 10 years since i've even read a styfe comic.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ego
Ego said:
"King Saturn said:

I always thought it was daimond coating or pure diamond. anyway, it's been more than 10 years since i've even read a styfe comic."

which brings the question.. Is stryfe still active in the comic books?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
Ego said:
"King Saturn said:

I always thought it was daimond coating or pure diamond. anyway, it's been more than 10 years since i've even read a styfe comic."
Yeah. I havent seen Styfe in a long time in a comic
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

According to the Marvel Handbook (2006) he wears metal armor.

Lower righthand corner
Lower righthand corner

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Queen Kong
Gambler said:
"According to the Marvel Handbook (2006) he wears metal armor.

Lower righthand corner
Lower righthand corner

"
Is this the handbook or the encyclopedia?
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ego

it looks like the secret xmen hand book... warning do not read that book!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell
caption
caption

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"
caption
caption

"
I knew it.lol.
Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Queen Kong

@ Gambler..I asked because they are both authorized by Marvel but the Encyclopedia's seem to have a bias against certain characters.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Queen Kong said:
"@ Gambler..I asked because they are both authorized by Marvel but the Encyclopedia's seem to have a bias against certain characters.
"
Interesting. Good lookin out
Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Queen Kong
Gambler said:
"Queen Kong said:
"@ Gambler..I asked because they are both authorized by Marvel but the Encyclopedia's seem to have a bias against certain characters.
"
Interesting. Good lookin out
"
No,problem.I haven't found any major problems..just I remember there being certain contradictions between the two types of books.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Heres the entry from the Marvel Handbook. All it says is Durable Armor again, theres no mention of diamond armor.

caption
caption

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Queen Kong

Magnus FTW.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#29  Edited By EganTheVile1

Magneto, heck Stryfe wore metal armor for godsake

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Korg

If Xavier could mind-wipe Magneto, imagine what Stryfe would do to him. The fact that Stryfe's armor is metal doesn't matter if Magneto has no access to his powers. Stryfe is X-Man all grown up. He would kill Magneto.

Also: "hold a huge magnet to your heart long enough and you die."
 That is completely false. I've never seen Magneto even manipulate the electronic impulses in a person's body before either. If he could do that, he wouldn't have to use iron in people's blood, or anything else. He could just shut off their minds.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Perfect Cell
Korg said:
"If Xavier could mind-wipe Magneto, imagine what Stryfe would do to him. The fact that Stryfe's armor is metal doesn't matter if Magneto has no access to his powers. Stryfe is X-Man all grown up. He would kill Magneto.

Also: "hold a huge magnet to your heart long enough and you die."
 That is completely false. I've never seen Magneto even manipulate the electronic impulses in a person's body before either. If he could do that, he wouldn't have to use iron in people's blood, or anything else. He could just shit off their minds.
"

About the Heart Thing: The heart beats via electro magnetic pulses, but that pulse is electrolites comming directly from the brian to the nervous system and then to the heart. I don't think you can die holding a magnetic to your heart unless you have a pacemaker on.

And about him using his power to alter some sort of a person's body or even shut it down, could be possible. Magneto can and had demonstrated turning ordinary humans into mutants just by magnetically altering their genes. I don't think he's a master of this though, becuase ends up turning them into freaks of nature like Bebop & Rock Steady.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Perfect Cell

I think Stryfe and Magneto are a good match; it just depends who gets who 1st. And which of the two are smarter and most cunning.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SeSAW

Really Really good match both caught Apocalypse in a weak state when they beat him but either way both have wins against him. Stryfe wears metal but his TP is strong enough to at least stop Mags from affecting his metal suit i would think. I would say 50-50 but if i had to pick id say Stryfe edges him in a tough match up.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cracks
Magneto wins because he has enough experience to resist TP and TK. 
Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

Magneto.Because Stryfe's metal armor.

Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Klandicar

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Stryfe just mind controls Magneto and makes Magneto crush himself.
Djokic43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Djokic43
@Klandicar: what does this prove?everyone stryfe defeated here are not even close to magneto power lvl...Also Magneto has been dealing with Jean Grey and Proffesor X for years, what makes you think Stryfe would have better luck with him...also Magneto defeated Jean Grey phoenix, which is i belive more powerful then stryfe...
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Klandicar
@Djokic43 said:
" @Klandicar: what does this prove?everyone stryfe defeated here are not even close to magneto power lvl...Also Magneto has been dealing with Jean Grey and Proffesor X for years, what makes you think Stryfe would have better luck with him...also Magneto defeated Jean Grey phoenix, which is i belive more powerful then stryfe... "
He's got too much power, that's what I proved.  Too much power for Mags anyway...you guys do realize that Stryfe is Cable's clone without the virus right?  You do realize he has omega level potential, right?
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cracks
@Klandicar: Magneto has resisted both Xavier and Jean Grey.  Stryfe would not be a problem for Magneto at all.
Djokic43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Djokic43
@Klandicar: U proved nothing actually...Magneto has defeated this level of foes, multiple times...think X men.....which included much more powerful and versatile oponents like Storm, Cyclops, Iceman and Jean Grey who is an Omega lvl mutant, and yet she still lost to Magneto...
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Klandicar
@Djokic43 said:
" @Klandicar: U proved nothing actually...Magneto has defeated this level of foes, multiple times...think X men.....which included much more powerful and versatile oponents like Storm, Cyclops, Iceman and Jean Grey who is an Omega lvl mutant, and yet she still lost to Magneto... "
Yeah, but Jean Grey holds back too much.  Stryfe doesnt, he just drops mindbusters on his enemy without mercy.  Look at what he did to Elxiir there, he turned him into an ally because he busted his mind so badly...same with Wolverine, he turned him into an animal.  I have those scans if you want em...
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cracks
@Klandicar: Magneto also defeated Cable.  Elixir is no Magneto.
Djokic43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Djokic43

No scans required, i have that comic....just that his TP wont work on mags  cause of his helmet, i thought everyone knew that....and if your going for the speed kill i can tell u many ways that magneto can kill styfe that stryfe cant defend against....

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cracks
@Djokic43: Neither will Stryfe's telekinesis affect Magneto.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Perfect Cell
@Klandicar said:

"

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Stryfe just mind controls Magneto and makes Magneto crush himself. "

Actually I like Stryfe too, but you do know Mangeto can "mind control" too, right? Not through consciousness, nevertheless able to still take control of biochemical process of a brain. Or even an entire body.

• Magnetic Force-Fields: Magneto usually protects himself with a personal force field that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His force field has withstood the effects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruptions, the depths of space and attacks from multiple Avengers or X-Men, including Phoenix, Thor, and even Galactus.
  • Magnetic Flight: Magneto is also capable of sustaining flight for very long distances and at varying speeds. He apparently has several means by which he achieves flight, one of which is by gliding along the planet's natural magnetic lines of force, another by simply creating an anti-gravity field about himself and propelling himself thusly. By using his magnetic powers, Magneto can virtually travel at trans-light speeds; however, in order to travel in space, Magneto also requires his force field to breathe.
  • Electromagnetic Sight: By concentrating, Magneto can perceive the world around himself as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy. He can perceive the natural magnetic auras surrounding living beings.
  • Metallic Bonding: Magneto has recently presented the power to atomically bond metallic substances to any designated surface material. This newly developed technique allows Magneto to blend metallic alloys with the earth, water, and air (HoM).
  • Organic Iron Manipulation: Magneto can control the traces of iron within organic matter, which allows him to have full control over an opponent's body. He can manipulate the iron-enriched blood-flow to one's brain to induce aneurysms or unconsciousness, alter thoughts and perceptions, or blank a person's mind completely. He can even remove ferrous compounds from the bloodstream entirely through a person's skin.
  • Geomagnetic Link: Magnus is tied very closely to Earth's EM Field. As is it effected, so is he. He knows instinctively all that happens to it, and with this link, is granted an odd sort of immortality. Earth lends him strength by it's simple existence. He draws on it all unconsciously.
Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation: Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he has some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to the electromagnetic spectrum. He can fire and absorb bolts of electricity and magnetic force, reverse lasers and other forms of radiation or energy, create enough intense heat as infrared radiation to level a city, and become invisible by deflecting visible light around his body. Infrared radiation is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays and x-rays -- Magneto can project any of these.

Astral Projection (Possibly Formerly): Magneto has occasionally been said to be able to manifest an astral projection of himself. [1] However, like all formerly attributed psychic powers, this has been retconned out of existence at least once [2], and hasn't been used by Magneto since the "Silver Age" (chronologically speaking), possibly implying any such abilities were lost during his regression to childhood by Mutant Alpha. [3]

Telepathic Resistance: Magneto has trained himself extensively for fighting telepaths, and is resistant to telepathic attack. This training is similar to that given to the X-Men and New Mutants by Professor X, although the effects are further augmented with the aid of his helmet (see below). Additionally, Magneto is possessed of a strong will, which also aids him in resisting telepathic assaults.
avwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By avwhite
Magneto has proven to be very resistant to even the most powerful telepaths. That said Stryfe may be incredibly powerful but he is no were near as adept with his abilities as Xavier. Also he has never mindwiped any before so I don't think he would do it in this battle.

I'd also consider that Magneto has the ability to kill physics as powerful as Jean Grey...he doesn't have to be more powerful. (Even though it was retconned to be shorn, he was still using the same electromagnetic abilities)

Also Magneto has far greater control and experience of his abilities

And finally Magneto is far more cunning and intelligent, and Stryfe has shown to be vulnerable to manipulation. All you need to do is mention he's not the real Nate Summers and he goes nuts. SOmething Magneto can easily take advantage of.
avwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By avwhite
@Edamame said:
" @avwhite said:
" Magneto has proven to be very resistant to even the most powerful telepaths. That said Stryfe may be incredibly powerful but he is no were near as adept with his abilities as Xavier. Also he has never mindwiped any before so I don't think he would do it in this battle.

I'd also consider that Magneto has the ability to kill physics as powerful as Jean Grey...he doesn't have to be more powerful. (Even though it was retconned to be shorn, he was still using the same electromagnetic abilities)

Also Magneto has far greater control and experience of his abilities

And finally Magneto is far more cunning and intelligent, and Stryfe has shown to be vulnerable to manipulation. All you need to do is mention he's not the real Nate Summers and he goes nuts. SOmething Magneto can easily take advantage of.
"
Magneto was not very resistant against an enraged Xavier in Fatal Attractions. Magneto lost that battle.  Stryfe, also, managed to telepathically turn off both Cyclops' and Jean Grey's powers and abilities simultaneously.  That is quite impressive.  "
That's not the point. The point is that he has a resistance to telepathy, and that Stryfe has never mindwiped a person (at least of significance). Not saying he can't, but if were basing this on past feats he hasn't shown that ability. I mean look at the battle in X-force between cable, warpath, wolvie, and bishop, he used his telepathy but he never mindwiped them. He mostly used his tk to fight them. His abilities are less developed than Xavier. Also Xavier had that advantage of surprise in the situation. That was not something he or even Xavier was expecting to do.