Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
No Caption Provided

VERSUS

No Caption Provided

A shopping mall. Unpopulated and begin 15 feet apart. Everything is on limits.

Rules

• Random encounter.
  • In character.
  • Wolverine does not have adamantium. If that proves to be unfair, you can speculate on how it would go if he did have it. Apologies, I'm new to Luther Strode and thought this would be a blast to watch.
  • Standard elimination rules apply.
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By comicace3

First person to comment.. yet don't know who wins unfortunately...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

That's okay. How do you think it goes down?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Oh. ermm... wolverine trying to cut him into pieces but with Luther's enhanced reflexes and precognition IDK if he will be able to touch him... Luther also has super strength and is good with unarmed combat.. both their durability's are great... but wolvie has regeneration and IDK if Luther does....

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Oh. ermm... wolverine trying to cut him into pieces but with Luther's enhanced reflexes and precognition IDK if he will be able to touch him... Luther also has super strength and is good with unarmed combat.. both their durability's are great... but wolvie has regeneration and IDK if Luther does....

I haven't read issues 1-3 yet (or the previous series?), but he gets hit quite a lot in #4.

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think wolverines agility would help him in this fight it would be a good fight

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By comicace3

@k4tzm4n: Hmmm does he tank those hits or brush it off? I don't know much about this character. I guess the writers do that to make him look tough. Just like batman being hit by some thug. But I heard his reflexes are fast and he was able to "see" a plate falling before it happened.

wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw that info too so now that i have seen it i think luther takes this fight but its still un certain i mean wolverine has experience in fights and other stuff but i dont know on this one

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@comicace3 said:

smh... what is the point of this kind of foolishness? your ego in that much need of a boost that you have to make some noise about posting first and adding nothing? i don't understand this kind of stuff. could someone explain it to me? maybe i should just be happy interest was shown for a different character than we normally see...

But back on topic (well, in a moment), somewhere along the line I started to hate talking about Wolverine, which is sad because I quite like the guy. But I figure I can waste some time with this one because I like that Luther is being used in a thread. Now to the battle. I think Luther takes this fight. I'll try to explain my view without giving anything away since you haven't read much of the character, which could prove tricky.

Luther's strength and speed in general seem to be beyond Wolverine. He's able to slice people apart with fingers and bare hands the way Wolverine needs his claws to, and his level of bullet dodging isn't in that vague range of a lot of street level characters, it's in the watch-the-bullet-as-it-flies-toward-you-while-you-calmly-contemplate-the-mystery-of-42-and-then-remember-that-maybe-you-should-shift-your-head-at-the-last-second-i-mean-if-its-not-too-much-of-a-bother range. I will admit, the less...grounded(?) art style does itself make Luther look more impressive, but that's part of his world and who he is, so I wouldn't assume he'd be any less impressive drawn in a more traditional style. Luther is not terribly skilled and gets hit rather a lot, but considering how well he can heal (you've seen in issue 4 that these guys get their necks snapped as a parlor trick, and that's really just the beginning) and how quickly (it's quite literally the speed of thought, he's said before, "when the mind commands, the flesh obeys" and I'm not gonna ruin that particular scene for you) and how little the damage actually affects his ability to fight even before he fixes it, it's immaterial. Limb and organ loss barely slow these guys down, and in some fights, they don't even do that much. And really, with the amount of damage Wolverine likes to take in a regular showing, and the amount of his own skill he forgets or ignores, it's not like he'll be the only one to land hits. And that's not even looking at Luther's weirdo perceptions.

Logan's biggest weapons are his claws and I simply don't think they'll do anything. Logan's strong, but the kind of casual superstrength the enlightened characters of Strode's universe throw around seems to be a couple steps above Logan's strength, and Luther, while visibly damaged by one of his peers carrying blades, wasn't actually that torn up (excuse me) about it. The previous issue also involved some blades and even though they were expertly used, they were only slightly more effective. I don't see any claw attacks doing much more than causing damage that can be easily recovered from (if not ignored) or simply getting Wolverine stuck in Luther waiting to get his head ripped off or his heart ripped out his chest.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By comicace3

@buckshot said:

@comicace3 said:

smh... what is the point of this kind of foolishness? your ego in that much need of a boost that you have to make some noise about posting first and adding nothing? i don't understand this kind of stuff. could someone explain it to me? maybe i should just be happy interest was shown for a different character than we normally see...

But back on topic (well, in a moment), somewhere along the line I started to hate talking about Wolverine, which is sad because I quite like the guy. But I figure I can waste some time with this one because I like that Luther is being used in a thread. Now to the battle. I think Luther takes this fight. I'll try to explain my view without giving anything away since you haven't read much of the character, which could prove tricky.

Luther's strength and speed in general seem to be beyond Wolverine. He's able to slice people apart with fingers and bare hands the way Wolverine needs his claws to, and his level of bullet dodging isn't in that vague range of a lot of street level characters, it's in the watch-the-bullet-as-it-flies-toward-you-while-you-calmly-contemplate-the-mystery-of-42-and-then-remember-that-maybe-you-should-shift-your-head-at-the-last-second-i-mean-if-its-not-too-much-of-a-bother range. I will admit, the less...grounded(?) art style does itself make Luther look more impressive, but that's part of his world and who he is, so I wouldn't assume he'd be any less impressive drawn in a more traditional style. Luther is not terribly skilled and gets hit rather a lot, but considering how well he can heal (you've seen in issue 4 that these guys get their necks snapped as a parlor trick, and that's really just the beginning) and how quickly (it's quite literally the speed of thought, he's said before, "when the mind commands, the flesh obeys" and I'm not gonna ruin that particular scene for you) and how little the damage actually affects his ability to fight even before he fixes it, it's immaterial. Limb and organ loss barely slow these guys down, and in some fights, they don't even do that much. And really, with the amount of damage Wolverine likes to take in a regular showing, and the amount of his own skill he forgets or ignores, it's not like he'll be the only one to land hits. And that's not even looking at Luther's weirdo perceptions.

Logan's biggest weapons are his claws and I simply don't think they'll do anything. Logan's strong, but the kind of casual superstrength the enlightened characters of Strode's universe throw around seems to be a couple steps above Logan's strength, and Luther, while visibly damaged by one of his peers carrying blades, wasn't actually that torn up (excuse me) about it. The previous issue also involved some blades and even though they were expertly used, they were only slightly more effective. I don't see any claw attacks doing much more than causing damage that can be easily recovered from (if not ignored) or simply getting Wolverine stuck in Luther waiting to get his head ripped off or his heart ripped out his chest.

What the point of this foolishness? I hope you're joking because you sound like Doom or something. Sheesh man chill. Katzman didn't complain. This is my way of bumping the thread. Katzman made this thread that lots of people were paying no attention too. Imagine if I left it alone and no one bumped this thread. Then it would've been on the 2nd or even third page of of the battles board. So yeah there is my explanation. Hope you're happy.

wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is a capable fighter i think he is able to handle luther wolverine has experince he is able to handle a fighter of luther stats

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@buckshot: that was a great analysis dude!!!

I'll admit I don't know much about Luther but I am going with Logan here. Luther has the precog and his durability is crazy good but Wolverine has way more experience and skill. While Luther is stronger and can tear through bodies bare handed Logan doesn't have a normal body. The healing factor is gonna make it tough to keep Logan down since his healing factor is a lot faster. I say Wolverine with a slight majority 6/10.

wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll admit I don't know much about Luther but I am going with Logan here. Luther has the precog and his durability is crazy good but Wolverine has way more experience and skill. While Luther is stronger and can tear through bodies bare handed Logan doesn't have a normal body. The healing factor is gonna make it tough to keep Logan down since his healing factor is a lot faster. I say Wolverine with a slight majority 6/10.

I agree

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

What the point of this foolishness? I hope you're joking because you sound like Doom or something. Sheesh man chill. Katzman didn't complain. This is my way of bumping the thread. Katzman made this thread that lots of people were paying no attention too. Imagine if I left it alone and no one bumped this thread. Then it would've been on the 2nd or even third page of of the battles board. So yeah there is my explanation. Hope you're happy.

Wasn't joking, it was a legitimate question because I don't get the "I posted first" compulsion. You're telling me to chill? With a closing of "hope you're happy" you're telling me to chill? And I'm perfectly capable of having an opinion separate from K4tz so him not complainin dun phase me none.

The Librarian and Binder that Luther have beaten were both a lot more experienced than he was and also had his abilities. I think experience is a factor, but people hold it up like it's the be all end all, as if Wolverine could never lose to someone unless they've been around as long as he has, which is provably untrue. As for Wolverine's healing factor being "a lot faster". I think that's also provably untrue barring atypical feats for Logan.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By comicace3

@buckshot said:

@comicace3 said:

Wasn't joking, it was a legitimate question because I don't get the "I posted first" compulsion. You're telling me to chill? With a closing of "hope you're happy" you're telling me to chill? And I'm perfectly capable of having an opinion separate from K4tz so him not complainin dun phase me none.

@theamazingimmortalman said:

The Librarian and Binder that Luther have beaten were both a lot more experienced than he was and also had his abilities. I think experience is a factor, but people hold it up like it's the be all end all, as if Wolverine could never lose to someone unless they've been around as long as he has, which is provably untrue. As for Wolverine's healing factor being "a lot faster". I think that's also provably untrue barring atypical feats for Logan.

Just as I am perfectly capable of having an opinion without someone responding about my ego ( which has nothing to do with this convo anyways). And I said I hope your happy because the way you approached my was very rude. You seemed... tense. And as you've seen in my next few posts I at least know something about the character. So to put this argument aside I think Luther will have a slight advantage with the durability and strength. I suppose you believe the same?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I plan on catching up on the current series today and I'll post scans. That said, I did include 3 scans in this week's Best Battles (on the homepage). I'll def purchase a TPB of the first series immediately after.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@k4tzm4n: I'll come back once i've read a few issues. From the little i've seen of Luthor it does look like he could take Bone-claw Logan.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Luther can win, given its Bone Claw Wolverine

@k4tzm4n:

Your such a tease not including the whole battle :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@laflux: Hah! I used to include the full fight, but this way it hopefully motivates people to buy the comic if they like what they see in the feature.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@laflux said:

I think Luther can win, given its Bone Claw Wolverine

I really don't like the mystical nature of Wolverine's adamantium. It blurs everything when I try to think about how it might work. Would it be any more effective against Luther? I would at first say no because the blades used on him by superhumans are already effective in their ability to slice him up, and them being unbreakable wouldn't change anything. They cut into him and do damage, it's just that he can ignore or instantly heal that damage, and his muscles can grab onto the blades so they don't move all that much, or just push them out. Wolverine's claws should cut through Luther too, and should also cause negligible (if gratuitous) damage, and Luther should be able to hang onto Wolverine's claws if he's impaled by them. Would this happen though? Something tells me Wolverine's claws, by being harder, would somehow work in their own magical way to be more effective. I think the skeleton should be more helpful on the defensive end than the offensive end, especially seeing as though, for whatever reason, Wolverine can't be dismembered (holding my ####ing tongue on this). I think Luther could still disembowel him or even reach up into his rib cage and grab out his heart, but the indirect access would make things more difficult in general, and dragging out the fight just gives Wolverine more opportunities to win.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strider1992

Having now read the series up to the current issue I can say with a fair amount of certainty that Bone-claw Logan is not wining this fight.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm whipping up a very brief overview of the character's abilities just so people won't have to go in blind to the increasing number of Strode threads. I'll post here when it's done, just uploading images.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By laflux

@buckshot: I think I know why I you don't like debates with Wolverine lol :P

TBH I agree with you up to the extent that Logan having Adamantuim increases his defensive abilities more than his offensive abilities. I would say its common knowledge that his Bone Claws are just as effective at cutting up flesh as adamantuim. Sabretooth even said that Logan's bone claws cut through his flesh almost as cleanly as his metal ones. And even concerning having adamantuim, I would say his defense is boosted, but not by the amount that some people like to stipulate. Daken and X-23, who don't have adamantuim skeletons for the most part, have tanked massive explosions. Daken has taken hits from an angry Ben Grimm and a sucker punch from Skaar without going down. Healers have enhanced Durability as part of their power-set, and in any case the healing factor can make up for any damage sustained. Logan's adamantuim Skeleton and tendons would most likely project him from having limbs ripped off, which seems to be something Luther likes doing. I know your holding your breath on whether Logan is "unbreakable", so to speak, but he wasn't ripped apart when Baal, a seventy tonner tried to. In any case he's certainly more unbreakable than Ult Logan :-D

And if you notice, I never once Luther loses to Logan with metal. I think he could beat Logan with Metal too, I just think it would be easier.

Also you seem a bit agitated. Want a cookie ? ;-)

@strider92 said:

Having now read the series up to the current issue I can say with a fair amount of certainty that Bone-claw Logan is not wining this fight.

Problem @super_soldierxii ?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux:

This made me giggle.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@laflux said:

@buckshot: I think I know why I you don't like debates with Wolverine lol :P

TBH I agree with you up to the extent that Logan having Adamantuim increases his defensive abilities more than his offensive abilities. I would say its common knowledge that his Bone Claws are just as effective at cutting up flesh as adamantuim. Sabretooth even said that Logan's bone claws cut through his flesh almost as cleanly as his metal ones. And even concerning having Adamantuim, I would say his defense is boosted, but not by the amount that some people like to stipulate. Daken and X-23, who don't have Adamantuim skeletons for the most part, have tanked massive explosions. Daken has taken hits from an angry Ben Grimm and a sucker punch from Skaar with going down. Healers have enhanced Durability as part of their power-set, and in any case the healing factor can make up for any damage sustained. Logan's Adamantuim Skeleton and tendons would most likely project him from having limbs ripped off, which seems to be something Luther likes doing. I know your holding your breath on whether Logan is "unbreakable", so to speak, but he wasn't ripped apart when Baal, a seventy tonner tried to. In any case his certainly more unbreakable than Ult Logan :-D

And if you notice, I never once Luther loses to Logan with metal. I think he can beat Logan with Metal too, I just think it would be easier.

@strider92 said:

Problem @super_soldierxii ?

I wasn't suggesting you said Luther loses to adamantium Logan, just responding to a thought that might be bubbling in people's minds seeing as two posts had just skirted the topic of adamantium claws. And I'm way too tired to be agitated right now.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

Based off of what I have seen I think he beats bone claw wolverine for sure. Not sure about adamantium Logan.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Style is bloodier, more graphic, but when you boil it down, aside from the precog which could prove problematic, dudes shown absolutely nothing Logan hasn't himself exceeded. Yes, even punching through solid steel doors. Luther gets shot 7 times in the chest, and struggles to heal through it, whereas bone Wolverine eats dozens upon dozens (looks like well over a hundred rounds) of adamantium laced bullets and isn't even remotely fazed. Their respective healing factors are worlds apart.

I've no idea why certain folks are wanting to believe Logan's claws will cause only cosmetic injury either ... nothing suggests this at all.

Looks like a good read. Will have to pick it up.

Wolverine would carve him up though.

@laflux:So no, no problems here.

wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine has fought with guys stronger and faster than him and sometimes wolverine comes out on top

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laflux

@super_soldierxii:

The beating of the fodder and breaking through the steel isn't what's impressive me. TBH most Marvel Superheroes with Super-Strength would be shredding through fodder thugs, if most books would allow such a thing. Though, I honestly think that Luther has a significant strength advantage.

Spoiler Alert

Luther and the Librarian destroyed an entire warehouse in their fight. In his fight with Jack he makes a massive crater in the ground when he slams him into the ground (Kinda reminded me of Superior Spider-Man vs Logan, but I digress). In all honesty, I'd say his strength is more comparable with old webhead than Logan.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically, Luther Strode is like Midnighter on Crack ?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By laflux

Nah, if anything, its the other way around :P

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn

@laflux said:

@king_saturn said:

Nah, if anything, its the other way around :P

interesting...

wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luther does have a strenght advange but wolverine has dealt with these guys before and won

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@super_soldierxii said:

Style is bloodier, more graphic, but when you boil it down, aside from the precog which could prove problematic, dudes shown absolutely nothing Logan hasn't himself exceeded. Yes, even punching through solid steel doors. Luther gets shot 7 times in the chest, and struggles to heal through it, whereas bone Wolverine eats dozens upon dozens (looks like well over a hundred rounds) of adamantium laced bullets and isn't even remotely fazed. Their respective healing factors are worlds apart.

I've no idea why certain folks are wanting to believe Logan's claws will cause only cosmetic injury either ... nothing suggests this at all.

That instance of him getting shot was the first time he'd ever been shot and it happened very early on in his career. Shortly after that he completely healed getting disemboweled simply by willing it so (and was using his own intestines as a weapon against a superhuman opponent before he bothered to heal himself). It's been years since then and he now reacts to getting shot by ignoring it and then letting the bullets pop out of him once the fight is done. Even knives plunged into his nerve clusters specifically to cut off his connection to his body (which grants him his abilities) with neurotoxins coating them to make sure that happened, only stopped him for moments before he simply willed his body to move despite it. If you're going to pick an instance of his healing to judge him by, the first time he ever attempted it is not the one to go by. I disagree with your assessment that their healing factors are worlds apart considering the damage output of this fight given Strode's near instant conscious healing. Wolverine being shot up is not that much different from Strode allowing more than a dozen cops to unload into him so he could fake his own death.

As for Luther showing nothing Wolverine has exceeded, I can't recall Wolverine cutting through human bodies from top to bottom with his bare hands. I also don't know if Wolverine could lift himself up on his pinkie or if he'd say ripping apart metal was as easy for him as ripping apart paper.

And nothing suggests the claws will only cause cosmetic damage even though a character of Luther's strength wielding blades only caused cosmetic damage? And even though Luther could easily fix the kind of damage that Wolverine's claws usually create? Again we disagree.

The comparison was inevitable, I was just waiting to see who made it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By laflux

@buckshot said:

@king_saturn said:

Though TBH, Midnighter is Midnighter on Crack :P

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think experience is end all be all and I know that is true, but I do believe skill is really important and it is true that his hf works faster because it isn't constantly healing him from adamantium poisoning....the link you posted had great scans but I don't think Luther can dish enough out to win majority.

@buckshot said:

@super_soldierxii said:

That instance of him getting shot was the first time he'd ever been shot and it happened very early on in his career. Shortly after that he completely healed getting disemboweled simply by willing it so (and was using his own intestines as a weapon against a superhuman opponent before he bothered to heal himself). It's been years since then and he now reacts to getting shot by ignoring it and then letting the bullets pop out of him once the fight is done. Even knives plunged into his nerve clusters specifically to cut off his connection to his body (which grants him his abilities) with neurotoxins coating them to make sure that happened, only stopped him for moments before he simply willed his body to move despite it. If you're going to pick an instance of his healing to judge him by, the first time he ever attempted it is not the one to go by. I disagree with your assessment that their healing factors are worlds apart considering the damage output of this fight given Strode's near instant conscious healing. Wolverine being shot up is not that much different from Strode allowing more than a dozen cops to unload into him so he could fake his own death.

As for Luther showing nothing Wolverine has exceeded, I can't recall Wolverine cutting through human bodies from top to bottom with his bare hands. I also don't know if Wolverine could lift himself up on his pinkie or if he'd say ripping apart metal was as easy for him as ripping apart paper.

And nothing suggests the claws will only cause cosmetic damage even though a character of Luther's strength wielding blades only caused cosmetic damage? And even though Luther could easily fix the kind of damage that Wolverine's claws usually create? Again we disagree.

@king_saturn said:

Wolverine doesn't have to be able to tear through people bare handed because he has built in claws that achieve the same result and arguably better

lifting himself up on his pinkie.....idk if Logan can do that but he was a ninja and everyone knows ninjas can do some crazy sh!t.

and with his claws he can tear through metal easily.........

@laflux said:

Though TBH, Midnighter is Midnighter on Crack :P

that made me laugh

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morgrim

Luther maybe. He does have regen, he healed when all his intestines were ripped out

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By comicace3

@morgrim said:

Luther maybe. He does have regen, he healed when all his intestines were ripped out

WHOA? He completely healed? Can I see scans?

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@theamazingimmortalman:

Has Wolverine continued fighting with his neck snapped and spun entirely around? Has he ever healed from having his guts hanging laying on the floor in the space of a few moments? Wolverine's healing being automatic is a strength since it works without him having to think about it, but when Luther tells his body to heal, I believe it works much faster. And I think before he tells his body to heal, he can ignore quite a bit of damage. In his first series he seems shaken every time he gets seriously hurt in a new way, but that's because he's always shocked that such a thing could happen to him and he then he has to deal with a new level of damage. Once he adjusts though, damage on that level doesn't faze him. The first time he gets shot it's an experience (for him and the reader) and it takes him a little while to deal with it. After that, he takes bullets without pause (when he doesn't choose to dodge) in every other opportunity, and in fact uses getting shot to his advantage every time. When he first fights a foe that's his equal you can see how he feels every hit and has to clutch himself to deal with the pain/damage. The next time he gets into a fight like that he doesn't react the same way and ignores hits that don't cause significant structural damage (and even some of those he doesn't even react to.) The first time he takes even more serious damage (organ loss) he's on the ground for a few seconds, but then he's up and fighting using his own distended guts as a weapon. In the current series he fights someone like him with more skill that uses blades and he gets slashed up and it doesn't slow him down and he barely reacts to it at all. I think the first time he comments on it at all its when he lets himself get stabbed and talks about how his muscles have been catching bullets for five years and so knives aren't a problem. He can no sell a ton of damage (not that different from Wolverine) and then heal as quickly as he can think about it.

You're missing the point I was making about strength. I know Wolverine can achieve the end results of a couple of the feats I listed because of his claws, but that's not the same as having the strength to do it with his hands. The comment was made that Luther has shown nothing that Wolverine hasn't exceeded. While slicing through bodies or metal with his claws is the same in its end result, there is a difference when he's using claws that are just short of plot devices themselves. Give Luther an adamantium blade and he could likely duplicate any cutting feat of Wolverine's, but I'm talking about what their own physical strength can achieve. Even having bone claws (that are still magical in their own way by some reports) provide help because they're blades. And saying ninja's do some crazy stuff isn't actually the same as giving reasonable evidence to suggest Wolverine could do it. I'm not sure I'd even be surprised anymore if someone showed me Wolverine doing these things or something similar, but I'd like to see it before I accept it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I've made scans from the new volume. Keep in mind I'm not saying Wolverine can't do these or they're superior to him -- just trying to help spread knowledge.

Speed to close the gap on several gunners, blocks a knife and rips out a heart.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strength to hold himself up with his pointer finger.

No Caption Provided

Speed and strength to beat fodder with his bare hands.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Owning fodder through the walls. Strength and reflexes to use said fodder as a human shield and throw him across the street and through a wall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

More strength displays and tanking two bullets to the arm/shoulder.

No Caption Provided

Another strength feat.

No Caption Provided

In the previous page, these knives were thrown into his nerve clusters and laced with toxins. While it did down him in that page, he now wills himself to recover and remove the blades from his muscles.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's it for now. If someone else has the complete scans of issue 4's extensive fight, it would be cool if you dropped 'em.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@buckshot: Nah, thanks but I'm avoiding scans of volume one until I get my hands on the TPB. Was able to read the first issue for free on comiXology, though.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By daak1212

Wolverine does have some speed feats, I think it was Wolverine #8 or some chapter after he get's possessed but there was a ninja girl telling a tale of why she hated Wolverine and it went down as that he embarrassed her by killing her and everyone else behind her before she realized she was even hit. She noticed everyone was dead behind her and then collapsed and then was resurrected and that's how she made the statement if anyone was confused on how a dead person could make such a realization.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@buckshot: Nah, thanks but I'm avoiding scans of volume one until I get my hands on the TPB. Was able to read the first issue for free on comiXology, though.

Lol, that's actually why I didn't post them in the thread, didn't want to give stuff away. And in addition to that, I chose carefully which images I posted to provide some general information while avoiding certain developments, and I even had a buffer of text before the scans start. I understand not wanting to look though.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@buckshot said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Lol, that's actually why I didn't post them in the thread, didn't want to give stuff away. And in addition to that, I chose carefully which images I posted to provide some general information while avoiding certain developments, and I even had a buffer of text before the scans start. I understand not wanting to look though.

Well, thanks for that. Obviously reading vol 2 first spoils a few things, but I'm still excited to see it all play out. I'm shocked I haven't heard of this series before -- it's amazing.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@buckshot said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Well, thanks for that. Obviously reading vol 2 first spoils a few things, but I'm still excited to see it all play out. I'm shocked I haven't heard of this series before -- it's amazing.

I'm actually surprised at the Luther Strode buzz in the battle forum and it only coming on now. The series has been out for a while but Luther is just now finding his way to the Vine. I wonder why it is that people didn't hear about it or bother picking up this book when it started. If I still made fights I probably would have included him when I first started reading since the exaggerated nature and brutality seems like a thing that people would latch on to, and they have. In any case, I'm glad other people have been made aware of his existence.