luke cage vs The Thing

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By king1_icon
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On land: Luke Cage

In Water: Thing

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think Ben is in a different level than Luke. Ben is a 100 Tonner while Luke is considerably less unless I have missed some of his feats. Luke and Ben are both good brawlers, but Ben is just out of his league.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Hasn't Luke one shorted thing?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cage oneshots him again

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AfricanWilds

Wow. Is this even a battle?

No. Thing is out of Cage's league by many miles. Too much for Cage to handle.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Cage seems to have gotten stronger from what I hear

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Grimm. For pure consistency, Thing is more durable and stronger than Luke Cage.

I believe that Luke Cage one-shoted Thing in the New Avengers but he was kind of possessed and I think they were trying to upsell how dangerous that 'entity' was. Just my opinion.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Thing has more consistency... Thing wins

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

@kgb725 said:

@beaconofstrength: That makes no sense

He's making reference to the fight in AvX versus Namor. Good chance that means he thinks both results would be PIS.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke one shots thing, stomp

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben stomps.

Give Luke the crowbar and he can make it.,

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cage.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By leonkarlen123
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By leonkarlen123

Trolls gtfo

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dondave
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spiderbuck1

Ben, ftw.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: good to know.

I'll stick with The Thing though. It's a consistency thing. Ben has always been a top tier brick. Luke Cage was more well known for his durability than his (still considerable) strength. Ben has ridiculous levels of both. And I think Ben is a better fighter.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rhino is one thing, but THE Thing is out of Luke's league.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ilikedonuts

Wow quit trollin' y'all people, Thing is waaaaay bigger, stronger, more powerful an' more durable than Cage. Cage might'a gotten stronger thru the years, but so has Thing. Mebbe he aint no blasted Hulk, but he can still clobber the other tough dawgs out there.

Cage rushes t'wards Thing an' punches him at the chest, but then Thing uppercuts Cage in the gut with his right fist, which hurts like pi** an' then Thing uses his led fist an' hammerfists Cage to the ground. Then Thing picks Cage up an' body slams him. Then Thing starts punchin' his head an' hammerin' it into the ground like a maniac, an' then he picks Cage up an' throws him into a truck, an' that truck flies backwards, an' then falls down an' stops after a bit. Then Thing walks t'wards Cage, an' Cage gets back on his feet an' says "n---n-nice moves, dawg….but that….that aint enough…..ta take…..m-me…d-d-d-down…" an' then Cage pulls his fist back, an' Thing says "pal….give it a rest" an' then he punches Cage with the same punch he took down that black hole with, an' smashes Cage an' sends him flyin'.

OP never said morals on, so I put 'em off an' he used the black hole punch.

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#23 god_spawn  Moderator
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Cage oneshots him again

Cage no longer possess the Bendis force.

BrockTheRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thing owns.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing stomps Luke effortlessly.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't need a bump. Thing is well above Luke.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@dondave said:

Cage oneshots him again

Cage no longer possess the Bendis force.

lmao

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aunt Petunia bashful, blue eyes, star of millions.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing destroys

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Toratorn

Why bumbing this? Thing one-shots.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@linsanel_doctor: @amendment50: @toratorn: @nima_:

No Caption Provided

On at least three occasions, Cage stalemated the Thing in protracted battles. This first one is from Marvel Two-In-One when they faced a monster named Braagadoom and had a-"disagreement"-on how to deal with him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The next is Fantastic Four 169. As Vince Mcmahon would say, "In the interest of fairness"-and full disclosure-this battle took place when The Thing temporarily was transformed back to Ben Grimm (due to long exposure to The Hulk's gamma radiation); Reed built a Thing suit that channeled his latent cosmic radiation into it. The suit at this point didn't allow Ben to fight at quite his full power, but he was STILL stronger than Cage---yet he couldn't "stomp" him.

No Caption Provided

Another stalemate is detailed in the link I have provided http://imgur.com/a/Lhqr9 when Grimm fought Luke when an invading force compelled Luke to engage in a rampage

And of course, there was that one shot Cage did to Ben in that Avengers issue more recently, a few years or so ago.

So-except for one incident I recall that didn't make sense-as this see with one's own eyes evidence shows,The Thing hasn't ever been able to "crush" Cage, starting from WAAY back. He might WIN-but he wouldn't "crush" and he MOST CERTAINLY would not "one shot".

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the arguments here for real? Thing stomps. Cage is nowhere near his level

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spiderbuck1

@theonewhoknows: I agree Ben doesn't stomp. It would be a pretty good and reasonably protracted fight.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juiceboks  Moderator

Ben stomps. None of their fights portray them as anything close to equals, and Luke's standalone feats are pisspoor compared to Ben's.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: the later one is pis ben is far stronger now than in the 70's and luke never stood a real chance even back then now he gets beat possibly oneshoted

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@comic_book_fan: @spiderbuck1: Spiderbuck1, thank you for being reasonable.

Comic book fan, you are willfully ignoring literal see with one's own eyes evidence of Cage stalemating Grimm on MULTIPLE occasions. Doing so is like stating "Cage can't lift a car", and when shown MULTIPLE examples of him doing it, STILL claiming "Cage can't lift a car".

SMH.

When did willfully ignoring demonstrable evidence become a "thing" on this site?

Cage is also "far stronger now than in the '70's" and more durable as well (apparently you think his abilities miraculously stayed frozen in place since then) and that link to scans of yet another battle between the two I provided happened LONG AFTER "the '70's". Your BELIEFS and CLAIMS that Luke "didn't stand a chance" and "gets beat possibly one shotted" now is irrelevant, since the see with one's own eyes evidence I have displayed proves your claims COMPLETELY wrong.

Cage has stalemated-in long PROTRACTED battles with no winner-the likes of Wonder Man and Iron Man, and DEFEATED the likes of The Wrecker, Ironclad, Doc Sampson, Zaxx, the "other" Powerman (now known as "Atlas"), Dr. Doom, The Absorbing Man, Orca, and more. All of them are in, or above Ben's class-so the notion that Luke has "no" chance to win, or worse, that Grimm could just run all over Cage-defies logic.

Claims of PIS-since Cage has, from the beginning of his career, been handling people in Ben's class-INCLUDING BEN HIMSELF-makes no sense WHATSOEVER.

The Battle Boards are like a court of law-provable FACTS, not deeply held OPINIONS are what counts. Your ignoring SEE WITH ONE'S OWN EYES, MULTIPLE bits of evidence of Cage hanging with Ben means nothing; CLEAR PROOF shows that at the very least, The Thing CANNOT "stomp" Cage, and he CERTAINLY can't "one shot" him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#39 god_spawn  Moderator

I don't see Ben one shotting him, but Thing wins every time. Thing's got every advantage on him.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see Ben one shotting him, but Thing wins every time. Thing's got every advantage on him.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ouroborik

@comic_book_fan: @spiderbuck1: Spiderbuck1, thank you for being reasonable.

Comic book fan, you are willfully ignoring literal see with one's own eyes evidence of Cage stalemating Grimm on MULTIPLE occasions. Doing so is like stating "Cage can't lift a car", and when shown MULTIPLE examples of him doing it, STILL claiming "Cage can't lift a car".

SMH.

When did willfully ignoring demonstrable evidence become a "thing" on this site?

Cage is also "far stronger now than in the '70's" and more durable as well (apparently you think his abilities miraculously stayed frozen in place since then) and that link to scans of yet another battle between the two I provided happened LONG AFTER "the '70's". Your BELIEFS and CLAIMS that Luke "didn't stand a chance" and "gets beat possibly one shotted" now is irrelevant, since the see with one's own eyes evidence I have displayed proves your claims COMPLETELY wrong.

Cage has stalemated-in long PROTRACTED battles with no winner-the likes of Wonder Man and Iron Man, and DEFEATED the likes of The Wrecker, Ironclad, Doc Sampson, Zaxx, the "other" Powerman (now known as "Atlas"), Dr. Doom, The Absorbing Man, Orca, and more. All of them are in, or above Ben's class-so the notion that Luke has "no" chance to win, or worse, that Grimm could just run all over Cage-defies logic.

Claims of PIS-since Cage has, from the beginning of his career, been handling people in Ben's class-INCLUDING BEN HIMSELF-makes no sense WHATSOEVER.

The Battle Boards are like a court of law-provable FACTS, not deeply held OPINIONS are what counts. Your ignoring SEE WITH ONE'S OWN EYES, MULTIPLE bits of evidence of Cage hanging with Ben means nothing; CLEAR PROOF shows that at the very least, The Thing CANNOT "stomp" Cage, and he CERTAINLY can't "one shot" him.

This comment wins

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheMultiversity

Ben

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By comic_book_fan

@theonewhoknows: no because ben has always had better feats and ben's strength keeps growing where luke was always supposed to be weaker and has pretty much stayed the same.

your argument would be like saying wolverine solos worldbreaker hulk because he beat hulk a few times in the 80's why is this this statement wrong because wolverine was the underdog then and hulk has gotten far stronger

why is your luke cage statement wrong because ben is much stronger than he was then and even then luke was the underdog.

your right it wasn't pis but still poor writing luke beats ben with one punch is silly and ben has humiliated luke in the past

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@comic_book_fan: "Being stronger" than someone is not a GUARANTEE that you can beat them. If one has superior fighting skills and tactics, that can compensate. Examples include Nightwing defeating both Blockbusters, and alien Gordanian Slavers and Branx Warriors SIMULTANEOUSLY-those characters are all MUCH stronger and more durable than Grayson; Nightwing, Batman, and Matt Murdock have dropped stronger opponents with nerve strikes; Black Panther dropped Cage with a nerve pinch.

Being really durable can compensate for being weaker than your opponent as well, as demonstrated by Tombstone giving the stronger Spider-Man trouble; classic Mongul giving Superman such hard battles despite the fact that Superman had greater strength feats, and his super speed added even more power to his blows; ditto for Lobo, who's durability lets him give the stronger Superman really tough battles.

In real life, in a real confrontation, Chris Jericho took down Goldberg and held him in thrall with some wrestling moves (at least according to Chris; if this isn't true, I haven't ever heard Goldberg deny it). Bret Hart beat bigger guys with similar methods. Bruce Lee was capable of beating body builders stronger than him.

I'm not going to go back and forth with someone who willfully ignores MULTIPLE, ON PANEL feats of Cage stalemating Ben. I'm not going to go back and forth with someone who willfully ignores that Cage has DEFEATED, on MULTIPLE occasions, MULTIPLE other characters in Ben's tier (and greater) which prove his stalemates with Grimm were no flukes.

I am simply not going to get drawn into 20 page "debates" with people who willfully ignore demonstrable evidence because they Want to Believe What They Want To Believe. When you can look at the scans I displayed (which cover YEARS, not just "the '70's") and STILL go on about "Ben has better feats", "is supposed to be stronger", blah blah---in willful disregard to the DEMONSTRABLE EVIDENCE that shows Cage has ALWAYS been able to battle him (and OTHER CHARACTERS IN AND ABOVE HIS TIER, for that matter), you're just wasting my time. If you state Ben can beat Cage, that's one thing. But to continue to imply he'd "stomp him" is CATAGORICALLY untrue, and is a waste of my time.

People like you are free to believe what they want. But without better "proof" than what you have been peddling---

Just kindly leave me alone while you do it.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: true but the thing is stronger just as durable and about as skilled unless i am missing something about luke i can show you batman beating manhunter and wonder woman level opponets for days and you will still argue i don't think me arguing that luke cage can't take a majority over the thing let alone oneshotting him is a illogical

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage needs some Adamantium knuckle-dusters or something to have a chance here.

Ben Grimm out-classes Cage in pretty much every area.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any current Luke Cage feats, because he usually comes off as a Street-leveler type of guy in several depictions, such as in Ultimate Spiderman or the Avengers cartoons.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing is stronger & more durable. Luke loses badly

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers said:

@god_spawn said:

Pretty much. They may have exchanged blows in the past but separate from one another Thing is clearly superior.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: I see you tagged me, but I didn't read it; your Jump The Shark willful ignoring of demonstrable feats renders conversing with you pointless.