DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthManhunter

Random encounter no prep.

Takes place in an open battlefield with hundreds of trees and a few big stone walls.

Lu Bu from Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Leonidas and the 300 Spartans from the graphic novel.

If this is a mismatch in Lu Bu's favor im sorry. Just trying to gauge his might outside of The three kingdoms if thats possible.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarthManhunter
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: no lol. I keep thinking someone used luu bu from ravages of time, but it's always from some other series.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthManhunter

@princearagorn1: Ahh i should have used that version i like the way Ravages tells the story of the 3 kingdoms little different twist on it. Specially Sima Yi and Cao Cao's interaction.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: I haven't read the romance of the three kingdoms but I'm an avid dynasty warriors fanatic

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: We can use the dynasty warriors Lu Bu, it follows the story in Romance of the 3 Kingdoms pretty faithfully. I love the games too!

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: so that Musou when he sticks his Halberd out and blows everyone away within one instance would probably signify a W unless Leo and Stel have something else to use

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: haha good point i forgot about musou in the game. Perhaps no musou and just fighting abilities featured? Or is this getting conveluted now?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: do you have feats for Leo and Stel? I haven't read the graphic novel but I'd love to see what they do.

Musou may be a bit much but taking it away may make it a bit more even, not many know of Lu Bu. I have to debate him soon on the site once I get what I need to get done finished with.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You took Lu Bu from the Romance of the Three kingdoms novel which stated he took on a thousand soldiers or at least withheld them single handedly. And iirc the novel stated something alone the lines of Lu Bu being able to carry his horse or something? Either way the fictional novel Lu Bu stomps Leo and Stelios easily. They lack the fancy martial arts or the strengths to compete with him.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, iirc theyre mostly just warrior feats no special powers just good combat speed and ability to work fluidly as a team. Dodging hundreds of arrows taking on 5-6 people at a time. Top level human strength and pretty good endurance. Let me dig up the graphic novel and ill try to show scans of a couple. Ive got nothing for Lu Bu other than what ive read in Ravages of Time (which i dont own :( ) and Romance of the three kingdoms, and obviously dynasty warrior games which i might be able to google the cut scenes.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drew_tan: sorry didnt mean for it to be a mismatch after going over the novel again i cant believe i forgot he took the 3 brothers to a stand still Guan Yu Zhang Fei and Liu Bei. In the novel it is also said Guan Yu is equal to 10,000 men, so thats quite a feat. Again sorry for not quite researching first. Maybe i should pit him against the 300 spartans?

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this was in the book but when Cao Cao and his attacked Lu Bu in the game he was able to beat the army by himself.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

one does simply not beat Lu Bu

especially at Hu Lao gate. He's unkillable :p

vampiricshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could have sworn Lu bu lost that battle and was executed or am i thinking a different battle

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampiricshaman: In DW5 after he beat Cao Cao and his army he died from his wounds. but he did win.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lu Bu have seen those cinematic? they are just one swinging footmans right and left

vampiricshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vampiricshaman

@shadowchaos: in DW5 they give two stories the one he wins and the one he loses and is executed

and he had Zhang Liao so Lu bu wasnt alone it was after that battle Zhang Liao sided with Cao Caos army

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: Yes that would've been a much better battle. I would be curious to see if Lu Bu has actually what it takes to crush the spartan's phalanx formation. Still Lu Bu in the novel is heavily fantasized and grossly exaggerated. I think Lu Bu might possibly have enough strength to crush a portion of the phalanx and the rest will follow suit and if we're using the one from the DW series, he can just leap over them and crush them with his feet lol.

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampiricshaman: well just googled him and apparently the execution was the historical accurate one. Well I never really put much into wei so never played the cao cao story. Though interesting note Lu Bu died on my birth day.

vampiricshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vampiricshaman

@shadowchaos: ah good well atleast we both learned something from this

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC historically Lu Bu won but his men turned on him and he was captured and thus executed. Plus it was Cao Cao and Lui Bei IIRC. Not sure if Wu was involved.

vampiricshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vampiricshaman

@darkraiden: where did you get he won the battle according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Xiapi Lu bu was surrounded and when he ordered his men to attack he was betrayed

now normally wikipedia or wikis are the last place for accuracy but in the romance of three kingdoms it is not exactly unbiased so it can be hard to extract the fiction and the fact

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we were talking about Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors, Souten Kouro, Ravages or Time or other modern fictional works, then he would stand a good chance. But historically, even in the context of the heavily fictionalized Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel, he's at best a good match for Leonidas alone. There is no way he can take down 300 Spartans, all of whom have comparable feats.

syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lu Bu would obliterate the army of the Spartans, especially if they tried to pursue Lu Bu.