Lobo vs. Dr. Manhattan

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TifaLockhart

Please give an actual argument as opposed to name dropping or your post doesn't register to me. Thanks.

DedrabbiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DedrabbiT

Uhm. Dude this is spite. Dr manhattan can pretty much do anything... Lobo wouldn't do a single thing to him.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to some people, he lacks feats.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one with actual feats win.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well technically it could be a stalemate cause Lobo will keep coming back... LOL

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone is featless, why do people automatically assume they lose? They very well may, but to say it is speculation. To say Lobo beats Dr. Manhattan based on feats is a poor argument, IMO.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well technically it could be a stalemate cause Lobo will keep coming back... LOL

I don't believe he will, if Manhattan doesn't wish it so. I know you can say Manhattan lacks feats when comparing him to people like SS, Thanos, Odin etc, but Lobo, I think it's safe to say there's nothing Lobo could do to really harm him, but the same can not be said if Manhattan wanted to permanently remove Lobo from the playing field!

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo can't die and regenerates fast.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

I don't believe he will, if Manhattan doesn't wish it so. I know you can say Manhattan lacks feats when comparing him to people like SS, Thanos, Odin etc, but Lobo, I think it's safe to say there's nothing Lobo could do to really harm him, but the same can not be said if Manhattan wanted to permanently remove Lobo from the playing field!

Lobo has some type of Toon Force on his side... so I think even if Manhattan was to try to completely destroy Lobo or even BFR him... he would probably open up space itself and return to the fight.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh he could BFR him totally. My issue was with saying he could end Lobo. DCs version of God made Lobo immortal. KO is perfectly fine though.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo can't die and regenerates fast.

According to who? Who has he fought on a level that could erase him from existance?? Is he above a skyfather??

@lordraiden said:

@king_saturn said:

Lobo has some type of Toon Force on his side... so I think even if Manhattan was to try to completely destroy Lobo or even BFR him... he would probably open up space itself and return to the fight.

I understand your analogy, but could never fathom Lobo for this reason, also Mxy, depending on what version? Gets a bit ridiculous to gauge him if nothing applies and he's comical to the point where it gets to silly and messy and pointless to try to come to an outcome, cause, you know, as you stated, if your looking at it in a Loony Tunes sorta way, well....

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCs version of God. I don't know what your definition of erase from existence is. And no, not even close. But he is immortal.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCs version of God. I don't know what your definition of erase from existence is. And no, not even close. But he is immortal.

Are you saying the Presence couldn't erase Lobo from existance??

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TifaLockhart

No. He's the one who gave Lobo his immortality in the first place. DCs God would kill Lobo for good.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Lobo keeps regenerating so I say stalemate.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo keeps regenerating so I say stalemate.

Regenerating from what?? I'm assuming people keep referring to physical attacks. So he's immune to abstract powers, then? Basically the only being capable of putting a stop to him is a supreme being, from what i'm getting here?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one capable of KILLING him for good is God, but he can be knocked out, incapacitated, overpowered, etc. he's stoppable but its usually only temporary.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Uhm. Dude this is spite. Dr manhattan can pretty much do anything... Lobo wouldn't do a single thing to him.

No, he can't do pretty much anything. His showings are very limited, and the extent of his abilities are very ill defined.

That being said, unless Lobo has shown some form of teleportation, I'd give it to Manhattan via BFR.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could pretty much do anything for all we know. Not saying he can, but how would we know either way? He didn't exactly have bad showings.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could pretty much do anything for all we know. Not saying he can, but how would we know either way? He didn't exactly have bad showings.

My only issue with this is, while he didn't have bad showings, the series did place some limits on him, and his proven benchmarks just aren't that high. In Before Watchmen, he tries to alter time, but can't control things when he does, which right there shows he can't just do anything. His maximum destructive potential according to the series was large areas of territory, and if the bad guys had launched a full scale nuclear assault, he could deflect or disarm 60% of them. Now, don't get me wrong, that's pretty impressive, but it does little to foster the idea that he could do anything.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TifaLockhart

He's definitely not omnipotent. I never said he was. But don't you find it a bit silly for someone to say that since he's featless, he auto loses?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wyldsong

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

He's definitely not omnipotent. I never said he was. But don't you find it a bit silly for someone to say that since he's featless, he auto loses?

Having a lack of showings, I can see where someone might say something like that, but I think his current feats and showings could still be taken into consideration in many instances. I don't necessarily agree with the idea of just coming in and saying he auto loses based on that though.

What I don't agree with is the no limits fallacy based argument people often put on Manhattan. It is pretty much the other side of the coin, where people claim he is all powerful, basing it more on the unseen, the unproven, personal theories and flights of fancy. I am not accusing you of doing this by the way.

Manhattan could theoretically be or not be a lot of things, and I think either way, whether you are for or against him, his feats/showings/benchmarks should at least be taken into consideration in any battle thread. I mean, just like here, I may doubt Manhattan's ability to wipe Lobo from existence, but based on his showings, I think it is a completely viable option for him to BFR Lobo.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TifaLockhart

Agreed completely. Two wrongs don't make a right.