• 120 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Scenario: The Lizard runs the gauntlet! How far will he make it or will he emerge victorious? The Lizard believes his son is being held captive and the only way to save him is to win this series of 1v1 matches...The Lizard believes if he loses, his son will be killed.

Rules:

-Has Connor's intellect.

-Has 25 minutes of rest in between matches.

-Lizard is eliminated by KO or death only.

-Characters are eliminated by inapacitation, ko, bfr or death.

-Lizard is told who he is fighting as they enter.

-Characters enter on high alert.

-Characters begin 1 mile away from Lizard, neither is visible to one another.

3x3 miles of dense forest. Gauntlet begins at 4pm. Heavy thunderstroms will pass through starting at 5pm.

1) Daredevil, Black Widow

2) Moon Knight (classic, adamantium weapons)

3) Kraven (spears/daggers/net/items for basic traps)

4) Punisher (kevlar/armor piercing rounds for 2 pistols/shotgun/grenades)

5) Sabretooth (bone)

6) Gambit (2 decks, bo-staff), Nightcrawler

7) Captain America (Steve)

8) Archangel (can only fly 10 feet above tree tops)

9) Doctor Octopus (not adamantium)

10) Green Goblin (can only fly 10 feet above tree tops)

11) Spider-Man (current)

12) Cyclops (not allowed to remove visor)

13) Wolverine (bone claw)

14) Beast (has gone savage/feral)

15) Gray Hulk

The Englander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By The Englander

I think DD with a good strategy could take down the Lizard

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By namorsubby

lizard might stop at sabes, if he doesn't, he stops at grey hulk

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
The Englander said:
I think DD with a good strategy could take down the Lizard

Personally, I don't think DD has what it takes to bring down Lizard...And since Lizard is so determined here, I see no reason why he wouldn't aim for kill shots.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By castleking

lizard could get stopped at sabe if he makes it past creed archangel could potentially slice him in half more often then not.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By vegeta

doesnt get past the devil

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By castleking

the problem here is that lizard cant heal even if he were to survive creed he be severly injured for the other guys to take him down before he could even get to archangel

Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Sleuth

Gambit may be able to finish him off if he makes it past Creed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
vegeta said:
doesnt get past the devil

Lizard's skin is strong enough to withstand Spider-Man's attack and most bullets...
Omega-Mekix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Omega-Mekix

There is no way the Lizard could pass the people beyond level 8. Sorry but even with the intelligence; the fatigue will catch up, some enemies have material that will destroy the landscape (making the Lizard lose an advantage), and it is just too much for him.   

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Omega-Mekix said:
There is no way the Lizard could pass the people beyond level 8. Sorry but even with the intelligence; the ... [more]

They won't just begin by tearing away at the environment...If they think a threat is near them, yes they have that ability.
Omega-Mekix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Omega-Mekix
@k4tzm4n: I didn't exactly mean that they will just be tearing up the environment but with the Goblin's bombs, Ock's arms trying to shred Lizard, and a whole lot of weapons the forest will sustain a decent amount of damage.   
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

3x3 miles though...I highly doubt any of them will do signifcant damage to remove cover from the overall terrain.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Sparda

I think Lizard can get up to Sabretooth, maybe beyond, but I don't see him winning this. Near the end the competition gets seriously tough and Gambit could very well knock him out with his powers (and he has a lot of material to charge for Lizard, what with being in a forest).

Omega-Mekix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Omega-Mekix
@k4tzm4n: Ok you got me there, but still, it is too much for the Lizard.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I think based on the rules he has the potential to make it up to 12-15.

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By box turtle

The Englander's right.  DD could probably use his cable to just tie lizard up, than beat his incapacitated foe into submission.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By castleking
wow.
Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sleuth
box turtle said:
The Englander's right.  DD could probably use his cable to just tie lizard up, than beat his incapacitated foe into ... [more]
Lizard has too much strength and speed for DD to pull that off.
box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By box turtle

DD can take on Bullseye, and Bullseye is faster with his cards than Lizard.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21  Edited By The_Martian

I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
box turtle said:
DD can take on Bullseye, and Bullseye is faster with his cards than Lizard.

...I see absolutely no logic in this. 

1) Lizard is faster than Bullseye. 
2) Lizard possesses far greater durability, able to withstand bullets.
3) Lizard is far stronger.
4) If Lizard can be hurt, he has a healing factor.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Martian

Lizard could also take out DD with a single blow.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
The_Martian said:

One tail hit would likely result in a KO...One claw slash, if not immediately ending the match, would bleed him out and slow him down as well.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Martian
k4tzm4n said:
The_Martian said: Lizard could also take out DD with a single blow. One tail hit would likely result in a ... [more]
Exactly or if he managed to bite down on him, with the size and power of his jaw would end the match right there.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

There really are quite a lot of options, lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The Lizard loses the first fight.If by some Wiccan magic he passes DD,Kraven takes him easily.

Nobody said:
He could but the odds of that happening are extremely slim.

k4tzm4n said:
Nobody said: Lizard could also take out DD with a single blow. One tail hit would likely result in a ... [more]
One tail hit won't KO, Daredevil and neither will a slash depending where he gets slashed.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The_Martian said:
I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel.
How is the Lizard of all people going to beat Sabretooth,Gambit,Cap(ESPECIALLY),or Kraven?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel. How is the Lizard of all people going to ... [more]
He outclasses all of them in terms of Speed, Strength, and Durability. He has claws and fangs and an extra limb. He has a healing factor almost on par with Sabretooth if not on par(he regrows limbs). He also has the advantage due to the setting. Kraven might be a challenge since he knows the "animal" side of the Lizard better than the others, but I think he would go down as well. All of Kraven's shots wouldn't pierce Lizard's skin unless he used some heavier weapons which would slow down how many shots he could take and make him slower over all. And even if it did, the Lizard would soon heal from it.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The_Martian said:
Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel. How is the Lizard of all ... [more]
You don't think I know he outclasses them? There is more to fighting than physical ability..are you aware of that? The Lizard is Kurt Conners.He's a scientist,not a fighter.Sabretooth is a way better fighter than the Lizard.The Lizard can regrow limbs but that won't save him from being knocked out or from being gutted.Organs and stomachs aren't limbs.Kraven is pretty much the best hunter in the Marvel U.He was able to take down a "spider" with gifted intellect and plenty long range advantages..I don't see why he couldn't take the Lizard.Gambit with even one card is too much for the Lizard let alone a whole deck.He doesn't even have to be near the Lizard and the Lizard is done.He can chuck cards all day.With Gambit's experience with using the cards and his fighting skill level combined,there is no way the Lizard can beat him.Oh and Cap has dropped most of Spider-Man's strongest villains and like everyone else he greatly outclasses the Lizard in fighting skill and strategic thinking.The Lizard doesn't have even a slight chance against Cap.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel. How is the Lizard ... [more]
The Lizard isn't just some idiot, he knows about tactical advantages. He knows were he has the advantage at over the others and he will attempt to use that. I'm not saying they would be easy fights for him, cause all the people here are more experienced fighters. I just see him defeating them, but overwhelming them with his greater speed and power.

Lizard fighting smart
Lizard fighting smart

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The_Martian said:
Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel. How ... [more]
The Lizard fighting smart against someone who isn't a good fighter doesn't help your case.The odds of the Lizard overwhelming anyone before Archangel with speed are ridiculously low.There is nobody on this list who hasn't shown the ability to easily dodge superhuman opponents.I don't know about Kraven,Gambit and the others but Cap has knocked out people more durable than the Lizard in like 2 panels...and good fighters can barely hang with Cap so I doubt the Lizard has any chance at all when it comes to fighting skill.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go down at about ... [more]
He's knocked out people more durable than the Lizard, but did they also have the Lizard's speed and agility in combination with the durability?
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LordCosmicKing

no they were are bricks with a weak spot.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The_Martian said:
Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go ... [more]
I'm not sure off the top of my head but he has been shown on numerous occasions he can strike and dodge people on the Lizard's speed level.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard ... [more]
The chance that Captain America could keep dodging Lizard's attack and strike Lizard in a spot to take him out is way more unlikely than the Lizard avoiding Cap's attack and hitting him almost anywhere and wrecking him completely.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The_Martian said:
Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: ... [more]
He won't have to "keep" doing anything.He's going to land a good shot in a shot time.He could block the Lizards attacks all day.The Lizard isn't that fast that Cap couldn't do that.He's not really a dodger,that's why he has the shield.Cap has possibly the best defense of any street level hero.Also..hitting Cap anywhere isn't going to knock him out.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
LordCosmicKing said:
no they were are bricks with a weak spot.
FALSE,take you Cap bias and f#ck off.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Vance...HOW is Daredevil even going to HARM Lizard?  His skin is think enough to withstand Spider-Man's strongest punches, low calibre bullets and even explosions.  A nerve strike would hurt his own hand.  We've seen DD tagged by much slower Spider-Man villains such as Scorpion and Tombstone. 

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: ... [more]
If Cap held his shield up to block the attack, Lizard could keep the press while swinging his tail around it at 70 mph and taking him out from behind. Lizard can lift at least 10 tons while Cap is only 800. Cap is literally only 4% of Lizard's strength and thats maybe. I think Lizard is a little higher than 10 tons cause he was stronger than Spider-Man. With his claws if he were to swipe them at any limb, with that much strength behind it, Cap wouldn't have that limb anymore.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
k4tzm4n said:
Vance...HOW is Daredevil even going to HARM Lizard?  His skin is think enough to withstand Spider-Man's strongest punches, low calibre ... [more]
1.When have you seen the Lizard take and explosion or bullets?
2.He has hurt people before who can take bullets with nerve strikes
3.He doesn't have to use his hands for nerve strikes..that what the Billy Club is for.
4.I know we've seen Daredevil tagged by people slower than Spider-Man and the Lizard but that less consistent than him dodging people on their level or faster.

The_Martian said:
Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: ... [more]

I don't see what your strength comparison is doing for your argument but Cap can and will knock the Lizard out.There is really nothing he can do about it but sit there and take it.He's fast but he's not that fast and Cap is a level 7 fighter and master strategist..you see what the shield did to Iron Man's helmet..tore it like paper.Also cut a truck right down the middle he could easily one shot the Lizard.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Vance Astro said:
The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel. How is the Lizard ... [more]

Kraven is indeed a good opponent, which is obviously why I included him here...However, you fail to say HOW he took down Spider-Man...I assume because it would go entirely against your argument. 
1)  Kraven's poison will likely not work on Lizard.  Kraven disoriented Spider-Man with a blow dart and then trapped him in a net and "shot" him.  Obviously, the blow dart wouldn't work here AND he doesn't have it.  Also, Kraven is more or less, the one being hunted here due to the fact Lizard will know where he is and not vice versa.  Kraven will set up traps, more than likely, but that doesn't change the fact that he is UNAWARE of where Lizard is approaching from and to top it off, Lizard won't act like an idiot and just rush in.  He has his intellect and believes the life of his son is on the line.  He'll put up a great effort, but will more than likely fall due to Lizard's superior speed, strength, durability and ruthlessness. 

2) Chuck cards all day?  He has one deck.  We've seen far weaker characters withstand a single card blast.  It will take a good deal of effort from Gambit to bring him down.  To say there's "no way" the Lizard can beat him is absolute utter non-sense.  Gambit has amazing agility and fighting skills, but we've seen him tagged by far lesser.

Nobody, I've got to shower and head out.  I'll leave the rest up to you =)

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Martian
@Vance Astro: I know what Cap's shield can do, but I just don't see Cap pulling this one off. Not in this location, not knowing who he is fighting. Now if he knew that it was the Lizard he was fighting, Cap would know how to go into the fight and might be better prepared. But with Lizard thinking his son's life is on the line, he could easily take out Captain America before Cap knew who he was fighting.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
k4tzm4n said:
Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: Vance Astro said: The_Martian said: I think Lizard would go down at about Archangel. How ... [more]
1.You are setting it up as if I said Kraven will beat the Lizard the same way he beat Spider-Man.I said if he can take down Spider-Man it's likely he can do the same to the Lizard,you didn't have to explain what happened in the fight because it doesn't help you and pretty much has nothing to do with what I'm saying.Kraven is a strategist.He obviously can't use the same things against The Lizard as Spidey,that's where a different strategy comes in.

2.Gambit has superhuman agility and fighting skill above the Lizard.If he keeps his distance he wins.He's alot smarter of a fighter than the Lizard.You keep saying we've seen far weaker do this or that but it's always you just pointing out an inconsistent instance.
namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By namorsubby
castleking said:
the problem here is that lizard cant heal even if he were to survive creed he be severly injured for ... [more]

the lizard has an extremely effective healing factor........and not just limbs
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The_Martian said:
@Vance Astro: I know what Cap's shield can do, but I just don't see Cap pulling this one off. Not ... [more]
This is Cap were talking about! Daredevil himself has cleared half of Spider-Man's Rouge Gallery and you mean to tell me you don't see Cap taking the Lizard?Why would he need to know he's fighting the Lizard to beat the Lizard.Does the Lizard have some hidden stealth or long range ability I don't know about? Cap doesn't need to be outside the fight to come up with a strategy.He really doesn't even need one against the Lizard.He's a superior fighter and has the means to knock the Lizard unconscious.The only advantage the Lizard has is physical ability which we've seen doesn't mean much against Cap.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Spider-Man has stated himself that going up against the Lizard requires not holding back at all. It has also always been implied that  the Lizard's skin provides him that level of durability.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
namorsubby said:
castleking said: the problem here is that lizard cant heal even if he were to survive creed he be severly ... [more]
Tell me a time or show me where he healed more than limbs.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
k4tzm4n said:
Spider-Man has stated himself that going up against the Lizard requires not holding back at all. It has also always ... [more]
So you don't have proof he can take explosions and bullets?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
The_Martian said: @Vance Astro: I know what Cap's shield can do, but I just don't see Cap pulling this one ... [more]
DD couldn't/shouldn't beable to defeat Spider-Man's "powered" foes like Rhino, Lizard, Green Goblin, etc. If he defeats Shocker, Mysterio, Vulture, etc whatever I could see that. As for Cap, I'm saying that with the location, Lizard could easily be on top of him before Cap realizes it. Captain America doesn't have super senses, so he won't beable to smell or hear the Lizard sneaking up on him and blending in to his surroundings. Captain America won't even know what he is looking for, if Lizard plays it cool, like hidding in water or something, Cap might think he is just an alligator or something.