Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Introduction

Did you ever feel like certain characters would be simply perfect with a specific Lantern Ring? Did you ever feel that the character would be unstoppable, and you could defend them to hell and back? Well, you can't, because you didn't sign up for my tournament, but you do get to watch the people who did!

Teams

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@jacthripper

• TAO
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@sovereign91001:

• Rachel Grey (Phoenix Echo)
  • Captain Marvel (Carol)

Rules

• our character has to actually be compatible with the ring.
  • No losing the ring. If you lose the ring, you die and can't be resurrected. Your opponent cannot take away your ring.
  • Morals can be altered depending on the ring and nothing else.Nerfing will be considered. Ask me.
    • All Black, Red, Orange, and Yellow Lanterns will have no morals. So if I make Superman a Black Lantern (not that I could) he would have no morals.
    • All Violet, Indigo, Blue, and Green Lanterns will have the same morals as they normally do.
  • I will participate.
  • You get 6 months of training with your ring. This is NOT prep and cannot be used to do anything other than train.
  • No "makeshift prep" as in fleeing the battle to go collect some stuff either. You must fight.
  • You don't necessarily get the characters' feats, but you get their powersets. For example, Hal Jordan has shown some telepathy with his ring, but he's a unique case and you wouldn't get all his feats as he supposedly has the greatest willpower in the universe. You'd get the standard speed, strength, durability, constructs of a normal lantern, and you can argue that you'd get more based on the character's willpower and/or learning ability.

• Perfect Teamwork

FIGHT!!!!!!!!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2 Lunacyde  Moderator

So sad I had to drop out of this.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sovereign91001
Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So sad I didn't get into this ;-; t4v

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sovereign91001

@jacthripper

My Team

No Caption Provided

Rachel Grey is an Omega level mutant, with vast telepathic and telekinetic powers. When she was empowered with the Phoenix Echo these powers were enhanced further, on top of which she gained the ability to generate and harness cosmic fire. As a side effect of the echo, Rachel's morals were loosened considerably.

No Caption Provided

Captain Marvel has super strength (Class 90 or so), super Speed (Hypersonic+) enhanced durability she can generate and absorb energy, when she absorbs energy she can further enhance her powers.

Six Months training

With Rachel's telepathy the gains my team gets are essentially doubled and their learning capacity is vastly multiplied, they should have little problem mastering the rings and bringing out some pretty high level abilities. Due to both of their exceptional will the Green rings are a natural fit and I have no doubt they'll be able to harness them completely.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Well now

Let's get started, shall we?

No Caption Provided

Tao

You've just got to love psychopaths. Tao is a favorite of mine, because he gets closer to what he wants more than anyone else ever did, and everything to him is part of an elaborate plan. I highly doubt the Black Lantern Ring will have any emotional or psychological effect on Tao, he never had a soul in the first place. He's best known for being a genius, to the point where his greatest weapon is the fact that he has no powers, he's just smart. He can understand everything about you at a glance, and he can tear you apart with his words alone. Of course, here he has a bit more than words, but it's always good to start there.

No Caption Provided

Strategy

I'll be blunt. Tao will be able to use the ring just fine, he's a harbinger of death without one. He can keep you from destroying him, especially with that regeneration, and he's going to be running his mouth, even if his head gets knocked off. Why is this important? Tao has completely mindr*ped (sorry for the ugly word but nothing defines it better) people just by have a few words with them, and he doesn't even know them well. The best example is Fuji, someone who he had never met before.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So can Tao keep talking for a few minutes? I'd say he definitely can, especially when his talking will undermine your characters will to fight, in fact he can pull it right out from under them. And without their will, they will become dolls for Tao to play with, and cast aside when he's bored.

So, your fate is already sealed.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Before I go through the effort of making a long post, I'll just ask, from what I remember Tao doesn't have any TP resistance and the black ring doesn't offer any as well (especially on the scale of Rachel's powers), given that the distance is 150 feet between us, is there any reason Rachel can't just turn off Tao's brain in the first seconds of the battle netting me a win via KO?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jacthripper

@jacthripper: Before I go through the effort of making a long post, I'll just ask, from what I remember Tao doesn't have any TP resistance and the black ring doesn't offer any as well (especially on the scale of Rachel's powers), given that the distance is 150 feet between us, is there any reason Rachel can't just turn off Tao's brain in the first seconds of the battle netting me a win via KO?

• Well, for one, he's dead, no brain signals at all judging from the fact that a black lantern can pull off their own head and still control their body. Medically impossible
  • Second, that has never been Rachel's go to move in my memory.
  • Third, he doesn't have resistance, but to try and enter his mind would be suicide because of how he thinks, at least according to John Lynch (a telepath).
  • Fourth, it's never specified that you know it's a fight, and if Tao doesn't actually attack you, what would be the harm in talking if you don't know him?
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sovereign91001

@jacthripper said:
@sovereign91001 said:

• Well, for one, he's dead, no brain signals at all judging from the fact that a black lantern can pull off their own head and still control their body. Medically impossible
  • Second, that has never been Rachel's go to move in my memory.
  • Third, he doesn't have resistance, but to try and enter his mind would be suicide because of how he thinks, at least according to John Lynch (a telepath).
  • Fourth, it's never specified that you know it's a fight, and if Tao doesn't actually attack you, what would be the harm in talking if you don't know him?

1.) Deadpool's head can talk while detatched from his body (also medically impossible) yet TP can and has worked on him also. Do you have any proof that a Black Lantern has no brain signals, because I can't recall that, granted it's been awhile since I read Blackest Night.

2.)

In and above that Rachel oftentimes uses some form of telepathic assault as her first move.

3.) Hearsay, in and above that Lynch is nowhere near Rachel in skill or power.

4.) Of course our character's know they're in a fight, they aren't there to have a picnic :P I can ask TNBB if you'd like but I'm certain that goes without saying.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001:

1. It's different though. Deadpool isn't dead, and there has never been a case of Rachel manipulating a dead persons mind. I also don't recall Deadpool having TP used on him, though I do remember Cable blowing his brains out.

2. That's her reacting angrily when Kid Omega entered her mind, that's not an "go to" attack.

3. And? It's literally all I have that outright states from a telepathy view that his mind is twisted, everything about Tao is hearsay, because he's so secretive.

4. What I'm saying is, is that Rachel and Carol aren't showing up like if they lose its the end of the world. What I'm saying is that they won't go bloodlusted off the bat. They fight like a normal battle, probably measuring their opponents strength until they're more sure. Like one of their normal fights.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sovereign91001

@jacthripper said:

@sovereign91001:

1. It's different though. Deadpool isn't dead, and there has never been a case of Rachel manipulating a dead persons mind. I also don't recall Deadpool having TP used on him, though I do remember Cable blowing his brains out.

2. That's her reacting angrily when Kid Omega entered her mind, that's not an "go to" attack.

3. And? It's literally all I have that outright states from a telepathy view that his mind is twisted, everything about Tao is hearsay, because he's so secretive.

4. What I'm saying is, is that Rachel and Carol aren't showing up like if they lose its the end of the world. What I'm saying is that they won't go bloodlusted off the bat. They fight like a normal battle, probably measuring their opponents strength until they're more sure. Like one of their normal fights.

1. Betsy has used her TP on him during Remender's run on X Force. That's beside the point, you made a claim, I'm asking you for proof of it. As I said I can't recall a Black Lantern resisting TP because of the ring before.

2. I can show you when she's mind blasted mooks before if you'd like. Also given that she has the echo, the showing I posted is more in line with her morals.

3. Hearsay isn't taken anymore seriously than hyperbole and if that's all he's got, then that's a fault of the character, that he is more or less featless as far as TP defense goes. As I said before Lynch has a very small fraction of Rachel's skill and power (even not factoring in the echo), even if you were to take his statement as a valid defense feat, it doesn't hold up to extrapolate that she couldn't do what he couldn't.

4. Rachel with the echo is more or less bloodlusted, during Kingbreaker/War of the Kings (when she had the echo) she killed with little concern, ripping people apart with TK, exploding heads, spacing people, etc. So her fighting at full bore is in character for her. Carol on the other hand is normal Carol but she hasn't entered the equation as of yet.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: I just realized that this here is a completely circular argument. You can argue all day that because Black Lanterns have no outright resistance feats that Rachel can blow Tao's mind with telepathy. I can argue all day that because Rachel has never used her power on an soulless undead person so it won't work. Neither of us has the feats to prove the other wrong, because neither character has been in this situation.