• 133 results
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackadam

fight takes place in the middle of a black hole. 
characters morals apply. win by any means, no bfr. 
post crisi kyle vs current silver surfer, 
didnt find this fight.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By sexy_merc

Surfer wins but Kyle isn't going to bend over for him.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Silver Surfer wins here... it should be a good fight though
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Prime

Ok stupid question here :-) could KR manipulate/Damage the Surfers Board in anyway with his ring?

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sexy_merc
@Chaos Prime said:
" Ok stupid question here :-) could KR manipulate/Damage the Surfers Board in anyway with his ring? "
He could, but Surfer is fast and had good reaction speed as well. If Kyle enhanced his speed/reaction time, he could possibly do it, but I doubt that would Kyle would attempt that.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Chaos Prime said:
"Ok stupid question here :-) could KR manipulate/Damage the Surfers Board in anyway with his ring? "
That should be child's play for him (even Terrax has done that), but Surfer can, and has, repair the board in a matter of seconds.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I don't understand what Kyle would accomplish by doing so, to be honest.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
"Ok stupid question here :-) could KR manipulate/Damage the Surfers Board in anyway with his ring? "
That should be child's play for him (even Terrax has done that), but Surfer can, and has, repair the board in a matter of seconds. "
Haven't seen that. Remember the issue in which it happened?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sexy_merc
@Morpheus_ said:
" I don't understand what Kyle would accomplish by doing so, to be honest. "
Exactly, which is why I don't think he'd attempt it.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chaos Prime

Ok thxs guys.Just thought it might be one way Kyle could get the win here is if SS was distracted by such an action but if it rebuilds itself in seconds then maybe not Lol :-)

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
"I don't understand what Kyle would accomplish by doing so, to be honest. "
You'd be surprised how much the FF sequel has affected views on where both Galactus and Surfer stand as characters.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
That should be child's play for him (even Terrax has done that), but Surfer can, and has, repair the board in a matter of seconds. "
Haven't seen that. Remember the issue in which it happened? "
Hulk #12 IIRC
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chaos Prime

The reason i asked was because of the scenario being a black Hole..The distraction of his board being damaged adding with the force of the black hole.Similar to his encounter with Red Shift apart from his board being damaged Lol..

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sexy_merc
@Chaos Prime said:
" The reason i asked was because of the scenario being a black Hole..The distraction of his board being damaged adding with the force of the black hole.Similar to his encounter with Red Shift apart from his board being damaged Lol.. "
Surfer has fought in a black hole and Kyle easily flew through multiple. The location is really of no importance to both characters.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
Hulk #12 IIRC "
The current Jeph Loeb series? If so, that was an alternate timeline Surfer.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
Hulk #12 IIRC "
The current Jeph Loeb series? If so, that was an alternate timeline Surfer. "
I forgot about the whole Grandmaster/Collector portion of the arc, but repairing the board Surfer is equivalent to Dr. Manhattan reforming himself particle-by-particle. He's done it a number of times (most recently against Lord Mar-Vell), and, as you sais, doing so wouldn't benefit Kyle at all.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
Hulk #12 IIRC "
I forgot about the whole Grandmaster/Collector portion of the arc, but repairing the board Surfer is equivalent to Dr. Manhattan reforming himself particle-by-particle. He's done it a number of times (most recently against Lord Mar-Vell), and, as you sais, doing so wouldn't benefit Kyle at all. "
I agree, I just felt I'd enquire more, because the Surfer rarely had a problem with Terrax, and Terrax isn't powerful enough to break the board to begin with. The only fellow herald I recall doing so, was Morg.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
Hulk #12 IIRC "
I forgot about the whole Grandmaster/Collector portion of the arc, but repairing the board Surfer is equivalent to Dr. Manhattan reforming himself particle-by-particle. He's done it a number of times (most recently against Lord Mar-Vell), and, as you sais, doing so wouldn't benefit Kyle at all. "
I agree, I just felt I'd enquire more, because the Surfer rarely had a problem with Terrax, and Terrax isn't powerful enough to break the board to begin with. The only fellow herald I recall doing so, was Morg. "
Fair enough
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Surfer wins after a good fight.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:
" Surfer wins after a good fight. "
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins. I don't think that SS stomps, but he is well more than Kyle can handle.

Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

Surfer wins any day of the weeks,twice on Sunday

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sexy_merc
@Supreme Cosmic said:
" Surfer wins any day of the weeks,twice on Sunday "
You obviously don't know much about Kyle, pre-Johns, no offense.

@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" Surfer wins. I don't think that SS stomps, but he is well more than Kyle can handle. "
He isn't well more than Kyle can handle. It's a pretty close fight.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said: 

@Fist_of_Mandalore said:

" Surfer wins. I don't think that SS stomps, but he is well more than Kyle can handle. "
He isn't well more than Kyle can handle. It's a pretty close fight. "
Your probably take my words the wrong way, either that or I stated them wrong(the ladder is more likely). Surfer is going to have a tough opponent on his hand. And Kyle is going to give him a lot of punishment, but IMO its really nothing SS hasn't taken before. Obviously SS hasn't fought a Green Lantern, but what I mean by that is simply SS has handled plenty of opponents with versatility such as Kyle. IMO, the only real thing posing a problem to SS is that Kyle would be a foreign fighter with an ability(the ring) that SS has never seen, but nothing he can't adapt to. Kyle will make it a fight for sure, but I have no doubts SS comes out on top every time.
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GT-Man

SS with a ease
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sexy_merc
@GT-Man said:
" SS with a ease "
Lol, right.

@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said: 

@Fist_of_Mandalore said:

Your probably take my words the wrong way, either that or I stated them wrong(the ladder is more likely). Surfer is going to have a tough opponent on his hand. And Kyle is going to give him a lot of punishment, but IMO its really nothing SS hasn't taken before. Obviously SS hasn't fought a Green Lantern, but what I mean by that is simply SS has handled plenty of opponents with versatility such as Kyle. IMO, the only real thing posing a problem to SS is that Kyle would be a foreign fighter with an ability(the ring) that SS has never seen, but nothing he can't adapt to. Kyle will make it a fight for sure, but I have no doubts SS comes out on top every time. "
He comes out on top every time? Maybe I'm reading it wrong but are you saying he takes 10/10?
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @GT-Man said:
" SS with a ease "
Lol, right.

@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said: 

@Fist_of_Mandalore said:

Your probably take my words the wrong way, either that or I stated them wrong(the ladder is more likely). Surfer is going to have a tough opponent on his hand. And Kyle is going to give him a lot of punishment, but IMO its really nothing SS hasn't taken before. Obviously SS hasn't fought a Green Lantern, but what I mean by that is simply SS has handled plenty of opponents with versatility such as Kyle. IMO, the only real thing posing a problem to SS is that Kyle would be a foreign fighter with an ability(the ring) that SS has never seen, but nothing he can't adapt to. Kyle will make it a fight for sure, but I have no doubts SS comes out on top every time. "
He comes out on top every time? Maybe I'm reading it wrong but are you saying he takes 10/10? "
Honestly yeah. The lowest I would go is 9/10. I know Kyle is powerful, don't get me wrong. But I really just don't feel there is anything Kyle can do that SS can't take or already hasn't taken before. So yeah, 9/10 or 10/10. Lol, sorry man. I know you like Kyle.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore:  Care to explain why? I see Surfer taking 7-7.5, max.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore:  Care to explain why? I see Surfer taking 7-7.5, max. "
Simple reasoning honestly. As normal Kyle Rayner. Without any upgrades or advantages, hasn't done anything that SS has not either done himself, done better, or taken from another opponent. If you have scans that show Kyle doing something SS hasn't seen, then by all means post. I'm willing to change my viewing. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Simple reasoning honestly. As normal Kyle Rayner. Without any upgrades or advantages, hasn't done anything that SS has not either done himself, done better, or taken from another opponent. If you have scans that show Kyle doing something SS hasn't seen, then by all means post. I'm willing to change my viewing.  "
I meant how is he going to beat him? Physically, Kyle has created shields withstanding 100 tonners (Kalibak, Superman, Billy etc.) so physically, there isn't going to be much going on. Energy projection, Surfer has due to sheer power, I mean Kyle has blown up two planets to my recollection, but current Surfer can do so easily. Kyle can withstand planet busters easily though, and he has shielded himself against multi-solar system busters more than once. Telepathy is no good here. He can also increase his speed to exceed light, strength, armor suits to withstand hits from Mongul, can control and manipulate energy from other users (light, plasma, solar etc.), construct Daxamites, Manhunters, ftlers to fight for him, redirected energies/attacks back to Nekron (in the past, Nekron nearly took over the universe with his army and was holding his own against the GL Corps and the ORIGINAL Guardians, not the weak New Guardians). I'm just scratching the surface here.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silver2467
@GT-Man said:
" SS with a ease "
Wrong. This is a close fight. 
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Supreme Cosmic
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Supreme Cosmic said:
" Surfer wins any day of the weeks,twice on Sunday "
You obviously don't know much about Kyle, pre-Johns, no offense.

@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
I know Kyle is no pushover. He will fight valiantly but he will lose everytime
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sexy_merc
@Supreme Cosmic: He won't lose every time though. Someone like Diana would lose every time due to lack of versatility.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jojjimbo

Silver Surfer wins.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:

" @Fist_of_Mandalore said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

Simple reasoning honestly. As normal Kyle Rayner. Without any upgrades or advantages, hasn't done anything that SS has not either done himself, done better, or taken from another opponent. If you have scans that show Kyle doing something SS hasn't seen, then by all means post. I'm willing to change my viewing.  "
I meant how is he going to beat him? Physically, Kyle has created shields withstanding 100 tonners (Kalibak, Superman, Billy etc.) so physically, there isn't going to be much going on. Energy projection, Surfer has due to sheer power, I mean Kyle has blown up two planets to my recollection, but current Surfer can do so easily. Kyle can withstand planet busters easily though, and he has shielded himself against multi-solar system busters more than once. Telepathy is no good here. He can also increase his speed to exceed light, strength, armor suits to withstand hits from Mongul, can control and manipulate energy from other users (light, plasma, solar etc.), construct Daxamites, Manhunters, ftlers to fight for him, redirected energies/attacks back to Nekron (in the past, Nekron nearly took over the universe with his army and was holding his own against the GL Corps and the ORIGINAL Guardians, not the weak New Guardians). I'm just scratching the surface here. "
He won't do it physically. Even though the Surfer himself is easily an incredibly strong character. Its his versatility. All those things you mentioned were impressive, but do they stack up to this.    
 While I'm sure Kyle could produce energy shields to take this, this is blast was nothing to SS. So how is Kyle going to produce energy blasts to hurt him.

Once again showing that there is nothing Kyle can do to hurt him. A smacking from Galactus. A cosmic level being much greater than Surfer or Kyle combined. 

Withstanding an energy blast from Drax the Destroyer. This was classic Drax. The same guy who literally ripped a star with his bare hands and fought Thanos multiple times. 

Traveling half a million light years in seconds. A Showing that he has speed that rivals the best of them. If not beats the best of them.  

Out maneuvering Quasar. A being with relatively similar powers as Kyle.  

Dodging multiple blasts from Galactus, at the same time. I have plenty of more feats showing speed and durability. And tons showing strength(didn't post those because I don't think SS is going to use that to win). I also have a scan of him breaking out of Quasar's construct, but its not working for some reason. Plus he has senses that allow him to detect pretty much anything, his cosmic awareness. Almost like a spidey sense that allows him to detect danger and allow him to react accordingly(even though he already has nanosecond reaction time. I can post more scans if you want just felt like this was more than enough for one post.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore: 

1) It was able to destroy a world according to Surfer, which is a planet busting attack. Nothing Kyle wouldn't easily block against.
2) A smack from Galactus is meh, I'm not too impressed to be honest. What level was Galactus at anyway?
3) That was a good feat but Kyle has taken blasts from Zero Hour Parallax before.
4) Surfer has one of the greatest travel speeds, and it is important, but in battle, he doesn't go that fast. For the record, Kyle has gone over 3200 light years in seconds before on a constructed lowrider.
5) I can't see that full Quasar feat but Kyle hell way better reaction timing than him, as well as speed. The only thing Quasar beats him in is energy absorption.
6) Somewhat impressive, but no speed is giving, and it looks like meteor level attacks in power and speed, which Kyle has maneuvered effortlessly. 

Lol, I think you think I'm ignorant of Surfer (I'm not), no offense. His cosmic awareness is great, but draining the Ring is the only thing it MIGHT help him with. There aren't any other specific weaknesses. I say might because other energy absorbers have failed in the past, and their energy absorbing also got blocked by Kyle's shields. Kyle's Ring ALWAYS worked on yellow. I'm aware of his nanosecond reaction time, which Lanterns can perform with a thought and command from the Ring (Hal has displayed it) and Kyle could as well. Kyle also has auto-guards and auto-senses, auto-shields managing to survive planetary explosions and auto-senses against things moving vastly above ftl speeds.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:

" @Fist_of_Mandalore:   1) It was able to destroy a world according to Surfer, which is a planet busting attack. Nothing Kyle wouldn't easily block against. 2) A smack from Galactus is meh, I'm not too impressed to be honest. What level was Galactus at anyway? 3) That was a good feat but Kyle has taken blasts from Zero Hour Parallax before. 4) Surfer has one of the greatest travel speeds, and it is important, but in battle, he doesn't go that fast. For the record, Kyle has gone over 3200 light years in seconds before on a constructed lowrider. 5) I can't see that full Quasar feat but Kyle hell way better reaction timing than him, as well as speed. The only thing Quasar beats him in is energy absorption. 6) Somewhat impressive, but no speed is giving, and it looks like meteor level attacks in power and speed, which Kyle has maneuvered effortlessly.   Lol, I think you think I'm ignorant of Surfer (I'm not), no offense. His cosmic awareness is great, but draining the Ring is the only thing it MIGHT help him with. There aren't any other specific weaknesses. I say might because other energy absorbers have failed in the past, and their energy absorbing also got blocked by Kyle's shields. Kyle's Ring ALWAYS worked on yellow. I'm aware of his nanosecond reaction time, which Lanterns can perform with a thought and command from the Ring (Hal has displayed it) and Kyle could as well. Kyle also has auto-guards and auto-senses, auto-shields managing to survive planetary explosions and auto-senses against things moving vastly above ftl speeds. "

1. I know Kyle can take that blast, with relative ease. I put the scan showing that. How is Kyle going to hurt him. 
2.Not sure what power Galactus is to be honest. 
3.Silver Surfer has match Thanos' energy blasts while depowered(which I have scans if you'd like) 
4.3200 in seconds is impressive. But nothing compared to the half a million in seconds. I think the speed may play a bigger part than you think. I mean if Kyle can't hit him. There is no chance of a win. While Surfer can deff hit Kyle. 
5. Agreed. Kyle probably does have better speed than Quasar as his feats show. But You mentioned the energy absorbtion. Quasar(as you said) is better at that. And Surfer has resisted his energy manipulation with ease before. Another thing Kyle has taken away from him in this fight. 
6.While I doubt they are moving meteor speed. I completely agree that there is no speed given, therefore it is hard to judge that. 
7. I don't think your ignorant of Surfer. Maybe not as knowledgeable on him as me. But the same could go the other way about Kyle.  As I'm sure you blow me out of the water with that. Kyle doesn't have any weaknesses, but the problem lies in how much power they have to match each other. I'm completely positive you could post scans of Kyle displaying off that charts power. But I can do the same with Surfer and top it. As I stated earlier. there is just nothing Kyle can do that SS can't do, do better, or hasn't tanked from someone already. Kyle's power level is incredibly high. And he is extremely versatile(something that gets him a lot wins against other powerhouses), but he isn't quite up to par as Surfer. Especially the current Surfer who is god-like. Literally blinking, which teleported him and Nova thousands of light years away. Kyle will give him hell, as all heroes try. But there is nothing Surfer can't handle. Anyway, I got to go to bed because of work tomorrow, but post back if you any more arguments and I will gladly posts more scans to show you. I'll reply to them asap.
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

That's the thing with Kyle. He would be playing the surfer's game. It is like when Forest Griffin fought Anderson Silva. Silva struggle a bit against folks weaker than Griffin yet Griffin droped quickly cause he tried to out-strike Silva and that was not happening. I hope you folks know a little about mixed ,artial arts cause if not you won't get my point lol

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Silver Surfer has fun beating Kyle Rayner and then he travels to Earth to the beach to surf

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Push
@Sexy Merc said:
"Surfer wins but Kyle isn't going to bend over for him. "

Whether he's willing or not, that's exactly what's gonna hapen in the end.  SS fairly easy.
The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By The Gray Fox

'Nuff said.
 'Nuff said.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By geraldthesloth

Surfer yo'

Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

Aw! I feel bad!

intothetempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By intothetempest
@The Gray Fox: Even though it's not cannon, this is how I see it playing out
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GT-Man
@Sexy Merc:
Not really SS takes this with a ease kyle is just a punk with a ring SS will just destroy that ring and it's all over for kyle
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GT-Man said:
" @Sexy Merc: Not really SS takes this with a ease kyle is just a punk with a ring SS will just destroy that ring and it's all over for kyle "
I'm with you that SS wins, but thats not much of putting a good argument, lol.
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GT-Man
@Fist_of_Mandalore:
He started it
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GT-Man said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore: He started it "
Lol
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Achilles.

SS in a seriously awesome fight that will eventually destroy the cosmos...

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the darknessss
@JediXMan said:
"Surfer wins after a good fight. "