Kyle Rayner ( ComicStooge) vs Goku ( Nighthunder )

• 87 results
Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't help but notice a few of ComicStooge's scans weren't that of Kyle, but of other characters. I know the idea is that Kyle can reproduce those feats, but this battle isn't about whether he can reproduce them, rather whether he has done them. Unfortunately, that irks me into giving Goku the edge (otherwise I would have given CS my vote).

Kyle can actually CREATE the GL rings that Stewart or Hal were using with his ring. He's basically capable of all of their ring functions and more because he's got a super special ring.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Jgames

Should had used ssj god goku, since he can absorbed energy and not the GT, especially since none of goku villain ever die or got hurt by heat unless it was non cannon, so you can make the arguememt on how fighting light speed can create heat hotter than the sun, so heat won't work.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Please

CAV me brah

See how this match would REALLY turn out

@godtriggerhulk said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: It's disingenuous to sequester feats for no good reason though. Superman wasn't even sun-dipped for the shadow moon, supernova or Titan busting feats. He treats Supes in space and Supes on Earth as different characters. Sure the rate at which he absorbs solar energy is higher in space this simply means he's getting stronger more quickly. Re-entering the atmosphere doesn't somehow negate the solar rays he already absorbed, they exist inside Superman's body until spent by extreme physical exertion.

You didn't read the entire thing.

SHAME!

There's at LEAST a page on that, and hundreds of people like you in the comments have attempted to find similar flaws, and all failed.

@dondave but by the same logic all Green Lanterns are equal.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@thedarklordpandamonium: Believe me you do not won't none of this Kyle would destroy Goku in a battle. Maybe we could do that sometime in the future right now I'm in about 4 tourneys and 1 CAV xD

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vote for comicstooge

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vote for comicstooge

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vote for comicstooge

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NeonGameWave

@dccomicsrule2011: Goku is actually as versatile with his techniques and he is much more faster when it comes to raw combat speed, the advantages Kyle has over Goku more so stem within the realm of defense and guarding dynamics, Goku`s raw ki power should be enough to overpower Kyle once his shields start powering down and Goku within his SSJG transformation has shown the ability of energy absorption as evidenced with his fight with Birusu.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isnt this battle against the CV Battle Forum rules?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dondave

@thedarklordpandamonium: They are all equal in the sense of basic ring functions, such as using auto-fire something they are all taught during basic training by Kilowog

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By ComicStooge

@nighthunder said:

@comicstooge said:

To sum my counter-argument up:

- Kyle's training, resourcefulness, strong constructs, impressive speed in his own right and defenses will allow him to defend against Goku in the event he closes the gap

- Kyle's more humanoid constructs and his JLA constructs will outnumber Goku

- Kyle could potentially absorb some of Goku's energy attacks, just as he absorbed that quantum singularity

Sorry to keep ya'll waiting , dont count me out yet.

No Caption Provided

, And yes he can create a shield and absorb some of goku's energy attacks , goku would just move in and speed blitz on him while hes busy absorbing his attacks First thing is, kyle would have to be on his toes the entire fight , goku as you see always fights atleast ftl or massively hyper sonic and kyle won't be able to keep up ( i think its obvious goku fights at ftl though since he moved at half lightsspeed as a kid, dodges lasers as a kid , dodges a solar flare.......which is literally light..)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Secondly In the event kyle creates JLA humanoid constructs , it'll only slow goku down, and while goku is busy with the constructs , its true kyle can attack goku but even if he fires a planet busting attack , it won't severely damage goku. According to death battle , the energy you can put out is the energy you can withstand. And im not sure kyle can put out the energy of 480000 planetary explosions.

To sum up my cuonter-counter argument:

Goku would use any and every chance he gets to attack kyle the moment kyle doesn't have his auto-shields up

Any energy that goku lands on kyle is going to severely hurt him due to his high energy out-put

Goku can boost his speed ,strength ect.. with ki in short bursts , every blow that goku makes with his fists kicks ect.. And while kyle is EXTREMELY versatile , even more so than i could previously recall , it would be easy for goku to IT close to klye and completely speed blitz on him and when kyle creates armor , it wouldn't be hard for goku to break that armory and send klye smashing down on earth.

The JLA constructs will only slow goku down , and kyle's only protection from goku's speed blitzing is his auto shields witch can't be up the entire fight or the ring will loose power , thus making it hard to keep up with goku.

Goku would be extremely hard for kyle to beat due to his fast movements and ability to boost his attacks in short bursts , making every punch goku makes thats much more deadly

The only things kyle has over goku is, ability to absorb energy attacks to an extent , Able to create constructs to keep goku busy, and the ability to shield himself from virtually any attack . Still goku would be moving too fast for kyle to even see and even kyle can see goku and his movements , he wouldn't be able to react in time

Physics in fiction never really works that well, but if we're both really going under the assumption that (in fiction) you can only emit as much as energy as you can withstand, that makes Kyle a solar system buster at least (containing a supernova and blocking the force of a cosmic storm that destroyed a solar system) and a universe buster at best (Imperiex feat).

Kyle already can block a ship moving 7 times the speed of light when it's quite close to him without the use of an auto-fire system. Also, his auto-shield must have been active when he busted Oa, because explosions travel thousands of feet per second.

Goku doesn't have unlimited stamina either and the charge on Kyle's ring lasts for hours.

I've already addressed Goku's speed (auto-shields and auto-fire).

Honestly, we could go back and forth on this for weeks.

I think it's best if we just go to voting. We'll let people decide for themselves.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ComicStooge

Isnt this battle against the CV Battle Forum rules?

CAV involving DBZ characters is fine.

WHAT_DiiCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By WHAT_DiiCK

Well it depends if it's k o Ken form then Kyle wins if it's goku in his super saiyan God transformation then goku since he's omni in that form

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By XxGin

@comicstooge said:

When do people want to start voting?

Kyle would bloody whoop that sods ass 7 days of the week. Goku has really no feats that can put him on Kyles level people can only calculate his feats like if Goku can do this at that level he can do this way faster at that level and I hate it when anime fans do that it just bloody hurts my head.

ComicStooge gets my vote

Cheers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@what_diick: SSJG is not omnipotent he lost to Bills. And Bills is weaker than his master Whis and Whis is below the even stronger gods of destruction that we have not seen yet.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SheenLantern

@what_diick said:

super saiyan God transformation then goku since he's omni in that form

Prove it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ComicStooge

I believe it's 9 votes me and 2 votes to NighThunder so far.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Jgames

Well it depends if it's k o Ken form then Kyle wins if it's goku in his super saiyan God transformation then goku since he's omni in that form

Did you actually see the movie, goku is not omnipoint and lost to a galaxy buster XD. Although if the person would had used SSJ god goku, he would had a better chance since he can abosrbed energy stronger than his own instead of gt, or goku, since SSJ god required help, so the battle had to start with ssj god and stated that he using him. And the auto fire would help since it would just make goku stronger.

But like Bill stated, SSj god is just a exagerated title, Kami is consider a god by some, and he get rofl stomp by Kyle.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin: CAV. Everyone who's read the Goku blog I put up wholeheartedly agrees that Kyle is in for a major pounding.

As I told Comicstooge, Goku is easily the worst character to debate with. He instantly falls to Telepathy, Intang and Energy Manipulation, three of the most common abilities in comics -but if his opponent doesn't have any of those abilities, he's going to win. If you take everything at face value, the blog shows SSJ4 Goku as 400x the speed of light and a multi-galaxy-buster.

Anyhow, while I could easily make a case for Goku winning, nighthunder didn't make it. Vote goes to Comicstooge.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin: CAV. Everyone who's read the Goku blog I put up wholeheartedly agrees that Kyle is in for a major pounding.

As I told Comicstooge, Goku is easily the worst character to debate with. He instantly falls to Telepathy, Intang and Energy Manipulation, three of the most common abilities in comics -but if his opponent doesn't have any of those abilities, he's going to win. If you take everything at face value, the blog shows SSJ4 Goku as 400x the speed of light and a multi-galaxy-buster.

Anyhow, while I could easily make a case for Goku winning, nighthunder didn't make it. Vote goes to Comicstooge.

Well no there are many people in comics who can stomp Goku without telepathy energy manipulation and intang. Sorry but Goku is not that strong the only reason his still on the boards these days is because of the massive amount of anime fans out there.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ComicStooge

10 Votes me to 2 votes Nighthunder.

Is the gap large enough that I might claim my victory?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Hundreds of people like me!? But I thought I was a special snowflake and all that. Oh well, if there's a solid counter-argument could you get me a page number or something. Also when he talked about Superman's "acceleration problem" he based his calcs off of a scan where Superman was in a black home, being in a hyper-dense area with such powerful gravity would naturally skew one's speed. Yet he uses it as if it were normal circumstances. Maybe there's a magic page somewhere in his post that illuminates how that isn't either ignorant or a rotten trick but I somehow doubt it.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godtriggerhulk: ...did you read the entire thing?

I mean, I don't really want to re-read it; I have all of the Goku things in a notepad, but not all the anti-Superman stuff. Have you tried the comments section?

(don't remember superman's 'acceleration problem')

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ComicStooge
XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godtriggerhulk: ...er, what?

All the image links are broken for me, but I assume this is the part you're referring to:

• Superman has constant Exponentially increasing Acceleration (OVER TIME) so based on what according to DeathBattle Batman allegedly said his top flight speed was his instant movement would be: 4,722,222km/s2+ (Superman would be exerting effort over time...which would drain more energy on Earth than in Space due to the less direct access to Yellow Sunlight)

(and that is generous given that as Superman tries harder he accelerates more so this figure assumes a constant steady acceleration as opposed to one that starts off small and gradually increases like why he was unable to stop the bullets from hitting the POWs...not instantly FTL but this figure implies that he is for the sake of the analysis.)

SO Superman's limitless speed does have a limit based on how much Sun charge he has and is dependent on the time needed to accelerate to get to those top speeds and the amount of sun light he would be able to absorb.

Thus, Goku's acceleration and proven massively faster than lightspeed fighting gives him an edge to avoid such maneuvers of being flown into the sun.

Like Wonder Woman Goku is quicker than Superman do to his constant battle training and Saiyan muscle memory; so observing or sensing even the subtle movements of Superman would prevent Goku from being hoisted away by Superman to the sun.

This is also confirmed by the above acceleration calculations.

Thus, because Superman would be unable to use the Infinite Mass Punch or just take Goku to the sun it is necessary to determine how hard Superman can hit and how much Goku can withstand to see if Goku would even last long enough to pull off a Super Dragon Fist.

I can't see any of the image links, but I'm going to go with what you say and the captions.

One of them is apparently from the black hole.

Another one is of Superman accelerating to get to near-FTL speeds for the Shadow Moon feat.

I can understand your schtick with the first (though he answers this in a comment, I remember, though I won't bother arguing it) but the second makes sense. Superman ACCELERATES; he is not as fast as Goku is in an instant. For DBZ characters, they reach their peak speed instantly and then drop off. (there's an article on this, I'll find it sometime)

So basically the point he's making is that Superman wouldn't be able to throw Goku into the sun (he pointed out previously that Goku survived the heat of the sun, but that was filler etc) because Goku is instantly faster and would stop Superman.

WHAT_DiiCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By WHAT_DiiCK

Goku is immortal since he fused with the Dragonballs and left with shenron

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: While i had more to say , you obvioulsy won , though i could still argure more about how kyle couldn't really catch goku , or hurt him .. its clear your the superior debater , given that this is my litteral 2nd CAV so , good debate

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: While i had more to say , you obvioulsy won , though i could still argure more about how kyle couldn't really catch goku , or hurt him .. its clear your the superior debater , given that this is my litteral 2nd CAV so , good debate

We could argue too long, it'd go on forever.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: you stomp, almost seems like intentional spite to me ... *suspicious glare* lol but no really, those Kyle scans kick ass, his auto shields would definitely be able to stand up to whatever Goku can throw at him, along with his own devastating attacks you've assured me that Kyle would definitely beat Goku.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: you stomp, almost seems like intentional spite to me ... *suspicious glare* lol but no really, those Kyle scans kick ass, his auto shields would definitely be able to stand up to whatever Goku can throw at him, along with his own devastating attacks you've assured me that Kyle would definitely beat Goku.

I'm glad my argument was so good. :)

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

To sum my counter-argument up:

- Kyle's training, resourcefulness, strong constructs, impressive speed in his own right and defenses will allow him to defend against Goku in the event he closes the gap

- Kyle's more humanoid constructs and his JLA constructs will outnumber Goku

- Kyle could potentially absorb some of Goku's energy attacks, just as he absorbed that quantum singularity

Sorry to keep ya'll waiting , dont count me out yet.

No Caption Provided

, And yes he can create a shield and absorb some of goku's energy attacks , goku would just move in and speed blitz on him while hes busy absorbing his attacks First thing is, kyle would have to be on his toes the entire fight , goku as you see always fights atleast ftl or massively hyper sonic and kyle won't be able to keep up ( i think its obvious goku fights at ftl though since he moved at half lightsspeed as a kid, dodges lasers as a kid , dodges a solar flare.......which is literally light..)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Secondly In the event kyle creates JLA humanoid constructs , it'll only slow goku down, and while goku is busy with the constructs , its true kyle can attack goku but even if he fires a planet busting attack , it won't severely damage goku. According to death battle , the energy you can put out is the energy you can withstand. And im not sure kyle can put out the energy of 480000 planetary explosions.

To sum up my cuonter-counter argument:

Goku would use any and every chance he gets to attack kyle the moment kyle doesn't have his auto-shields up

Any energy that goku lands on kyle is going to severely hurt him due to his high energy out-put

Goku can boost his speed ,strength ect.. with ki in short bursts , every blow that goku makes with his fists kicks ect.. And while kyle is EXTREMELY versatile , even more so than i could previously recall , it would be easy for goku to IT close to klye and completely speed blitz on him and when kyle creates armor , it wouldn't be hard for goku to break that armory and send klye smashing down on earth.

The JLA constructs will only slow goku down , and kyle's only protection from goku's speed blitzing is his auto shields witch can't be up the entire fight or the ring will loose power , thus making it hard to keep up with goku.

Goku would be extremely hard for kyle to beat due to his fast movements and ability to boost his attacks in short bursts , making every punch goku makes thats much more deadly

The only things kyle has over goku is, ability to absorb energy attacks to an extent , Able to create constructs to keep goku busy, and the ability to shield himself from virtually any attack . Still goku would be moving too fast for kyle to even see and even kyle can see goku and his movements , he wouldn't be able to react in time

The second scan is pretty impressive. You know master roshi can see and catch bullets like they are in slow motion and yet he didn't even noticed and reacted that goku stole his glasses kid goku must be much much more faster than a bullet.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i cant have an opinion? oh well

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes to @nighthunder, I have seen my fair share of feats involving Goku, and there's nothing there to suggest he could not beat a Green Lantern or Superman.

THe GL's are high tier but I am not going to ignore what Arguments were made for GL's. IT's quite convincing, but if we scale what Goku has done I see no reason why he can't beat Kyle.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i cant have an opinion? oh well

Why did you bump this? This CAV was almost 10 months old and already over.