User Lists: 0

Bump

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@kingcrimson:I feel like a lot of these guys would notice his blind spot which is a problem. That aside he stops at Tokito. No counter for seventh form afterimages or see-through world.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: This is prime Arima, so no blind spot just FYR.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Did he ever not have the blind spot at his prime?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Yeah - he only started going blind because of glaucoma, which is a disease he contracted due to the advanced ageing he was suffering from.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Do you have a respect thread or some feats for the Tokyo Ghoul character? Where do you place him at in stats, what are some of his abilities and his level of combat skill?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: I'm asking if we know when the glaucoma started.

But if you want to blind spot gone that's fine. It's too much of an x factor to debate anyway.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Ah, sorry mate. No, there is no definitive answer on when it started - only that it was caused by his old age.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Do you have a respect thread or some feats for the Tokyo Ghoul character? Where do you place him at in stats, what are some of his abilities and his level of combat skill?

I did have a respect thread, but it's disappeared with the new CV update because it was in spoiler blocks :(

Anyway, he's a half-human ghoul hunter for the CCG, and is considered the most skilled fighter in the entire organisation. He's kind of like the Yoriichi of the TG verse.

At the age of 16, he was able to kill 30+ ghouls (even fodder ghouls are superhumanly fast and strong) at once on his own, and the senior investigator who watched him fight described it as like seeing God.

No Caption Provided

He was able to move FTE to part 1 Kaneki twice, who was a King Bradley level bullet timer:

He has access to 3 weapons in this fight - Narukami, IXA and Owl.

Narukami is a sword-like weapon that can also launch electrical attacks that home in on their target. He can use either bolts of lightning or slower moving orbs:

And he also has IXA, which is a lance that can turn into a shield or shoot spires through the ground below:

And Owl is akin to a great-sword that can fire crystalised shards that are tougher and sharper than steel, and Arima can also disintegrate the blade at will and have it shoot through the ground or whatever:

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: I did have a respect thread, but it's disappeared with the new CV update because it was in spoiler blocks :(

That's too bad.

At first glance it sounds like he's quite frankly too fast for the Pillars, who are all more or less in the sonic range(supersonic at best), given how he's capable of massively outpacing bullets, which are usually around Mach 1 to 3, depending on what kind of gun they're fired from. That, along with the fact that most Pillars don't really have any relevant level of piercing durability(they can't no-sell blades), means I could genuinely see him clearing. That being said, if the Pillars have access to their latest power-ups, namely Tokito and Gyomei's ability to view the See-Through World, I think they can make up for the speed gap with the precognition it grants, at which point the formers ability to form mist with his attacks and possibly confuse Arima through rapid and unpredictable changes in pace could spell a chance of victory. Especially so given how his attacks scale several tiers above boulder splitting and his ability to cut clean through necks harder and tougher than diamond. Their skill accolades and scaling also seem a tad more impressive to me than Arima's, so that's another potential bonus.

Basically, from what you've shown me, his chances of clearing aren't bad, but if I had to say he could very well stop at Tokitou as well.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin: Yeah, I intended for the Pillars to be at their strongest, so any and all current amps are available to them (STW-view and marks, namely).

Interesting on the skill accolades/scaling though -- which statements etc do you think put them above Arima? And do you think it's for all pillars or mid-tier up etc.

Also, thanks for your input as always mate.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: I think it's just more of a general thing, if you understand what I'm coming from. To me it always felt like higher power in Kimetsu is always the result of a simple and utter honing of blade skills, what with the way things are portrayed and stated. All if the breath and blade techniques are essentially the result of pure skill on the part of the users, after all.

I suppose the most clear cut skill showings come from Akaza, who slaughtered dozens of trained, blade wielding adult men back when he was a mere human who had absolutely zero access to breath techniques(as far as we know). Then, even with the additional century of improvent+ the precognition and vital/weak point targeting powers his deployment techniques grant him, the likes of Giyu, Tanjirou and Rengoku are capable of contending with him interms of skills and CQC as a whole.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear Arima could blitz everyone here.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

He was able to move FTE to part 1 Kaneki twice, who was a King Bradley level bullet timer:

Honest question, what is this based on?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

@kingcrimson:

Honest question, what is this based on?

Him being faster than Irimi and Koma, who were both blitzing through waves of automatic gunfire while surrounded on all sides by dozens of gunmen:

I have them both around KB level, and Kaneki was as fast if not faster at the time.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin: Yeah, I get you.

Akaza’s feat against that rival dojo is awesome, especially considering he was a child at the time.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: That's honestly not very clear cut. I don't see anything there that was definitive bullet timing.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Depends how critical you’re being I suppose. I’ve never been of the opinion that an artists needs to draw a panel of a bullet in the air, then a panel of the character, then a panel of them dodging to prove bullet timing.

Irimi can be seen running directly towards 6 gunmen who are all firing at her, and she doesn’t get tagged once. Koma’s is less clear, but there are a few shots were you can see guns being fired at him and he also doesn’t get tagged.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sy8000

@kingcrimson: It just seems more like aim dodging or blur speed to me. The doves can't even fire properly because they're so crowded.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: I don’t know how it could be considered aim dodging when we can clearly see the weapons being fired directly at Irimi, and she is surrounded on all sides. She’s running towards a group of shooters in straight line and they’re all firing straight at her.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta give this to Arima speed, strength, reflexes and ghouls in TG are tougher than most demons in demon slayer.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Redsalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Redsalmon

bump

PackWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears with only the likes of Gyomei & MAYBE Sanemi being able to put up a fight.