Who Wins?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

Tai Lung would have to pressure point him right off the bat, because that's their only way of harming him.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: Would a battle between Ty Lee and Hulk be good?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: No..the Hulk's physiology isn't even remotely human. Ty Lee wouldn't know where to hit him and without any superhuman striking power she's liable to just tickle him. Tai Lung has pressure pointed someone as large as Tigress and as small as Mantis, so his mastery is clearly on a completely different level from Ty Lee.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: Size doesn't affect pressure points. Ty Lee chi blocked many large dudes and made it clear that this doesn't affect the technique.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: Tigress isn't a giant or something...The dudes Ty Lee chi blocked at the Beach and in Smoke and Shadow are 3 times Ty Lee's size and she one shot them.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: It does when there's a significant disparity. The Terra Team were still human-sized despite being buff, Hulk towers over her and his durability is well above what she's shown to be capable of bypassing. Since she neither posseses the demonstrated skill or superhuman striking power necessary to accomplish that, she can't hurt him.

If she hurt herself hitting Sokka on the head then there's no way she's doing anything to Hulk. She's liable to break her hand trying honestly.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tai Lung would have to pressure point him right off the bat, because that's their only way of harming him.

Not that I'm aware of these character's abilities, but wouldn't Hulk's density get in the way of being affected by pressure point attacks?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: I didn't talk about the Terra Team, I talked about the other guys she chi blocked that we're 3 times her size in the Beach and in Smoke and Shadow, but I get your point. Then Tai Lung cannot either. My point is, if by using the technique against Tigress he makes you think that he can beat Hulk, I don't see why Ty Lee who chi blocked much bigger opponents than Tigress, can't.

Heads cannot get chi blocked. Hulk's pressure points work in a different way. Not to mention that Sokka's head is a lowballing comic relief feat but anyway...

My point is, that Tai Lung hasn't done something to put his technique over Ty Lee's. It's the other way around. She chi blocked much bigger guys and if she can't, Tai Lung definitely can't.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Not to pretend I have a high amount of Knowledge on ATLA, but why would size matter in pressure points? Common sense dictates it would be density and muscle mass that prevented pressure points.

So the reason that Ty Lee can't press Hulk's points, but Tai Lung can, is because he is easily superhuman, unlike Ty Lee, which would allow him to bypass Hulk's body durability.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

@full123: But strenght doesn't have to do with how effectively you can choose pressure points. Unless you have a good source to prime that, cause I can't find any that makes pressure points clear.

By bigger opponents, I mean more muscle. I mean that Tigress or anyone else Tai Lung used it on doesn't have more muscle mass than the guys Ty Lee chi blocked.

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DragonbellZ

@juiceboks said:

@anthp2000: No..the Hulk's physiology isn't even remotely human. Ty Lee wouldn't know where to hit him and without any superhuman striking power she's liable to just tickle him. Tai Lung has pressure pointed someone as large as Tigress and as small as Mantis, so his mastery is clearly on a completely different level from Ty Lee.

Size doesnt effect pressure point locations in the Marvel multi-Verse. Black Panther has proved this multiple times.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Tai Lung can accurately choose pressure points on a mantis, a teeny tiny animal.

Strength allows you to bypass the body's durability, and that is the first step to pressure pointing someone. If you tried to pressure point someone with building level durability with your normal hand, you would just break it.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonbellz: Since no-one uses pressure points in the MCU, that's only an assumption.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: Those guys weren't any bigger than the Terra Team. My point in bringing up size in reference to Tai Lung's abilities, was that he's shown the capacity to instantly disable characters whether they're as large as Tigress or as small as Mantis. To do so to something that minuscule requires an extreme level of skill and precision Ty Lee just flat out hasn't shown. Not only that, but again Tai Lung has striking power above and beyond what Ty Lee has shown, and is very relevant in pressure pointing larger and more durable characters.

Basically striking power and skill are the two factors that dictate the caliber of characters a martial artist can affect with pressure point attacks. Tai Lung has Ty Lee outclassed in both, ergo he has a much better chance at taking down Hulk that way than she does.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: At least the guy I Smoke ans Shadow was more than twice bigger than the Terra Team and her lovers we're also bigger. If I wasn't on mobile I would post pics to show you. Moving on.

You have any prpof that strenght and striking power have anything to do with pressure points? If you have a good source that it's relevant, then you'll convince me, but I haven't found anything that says that or anything that indicates that.

Using it on Mantis would be impressive if it happened on screen. IIRC it happened off screen and for all we know, he might have huge trouble or maybe it will be easier to use it on that small opponents.

I need a source that proves what you're saying is true because if you don't have a source, those are no purpose assumptions that anyone can make up.

EVIDENCE and SOURCE that those are factors that affect pressure points is what I need, and then you convince me.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: You want a source telling you that skill is most relevant in determining the level of durability a martial artist can bypass? What else would it be? How do you think they learn how to use pressure point attacks in the first place?

As for evidence..look at top tier martial artists like Black Panther, Daredevil, Mantis and Iron Fist. Why do you think they can affect people head over heels more durable than them if not for their skill and striking power(moreso skill in all except Mantis' case)?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator

@full123: Proof that what you're saying about strenght and body durability in pressure points is true? A good source? Cause I looked it up and couldn't find anything.

Also, that would indicate that Ty Lee, a 14 year old girl, is a physical powerhouse whose strength fodderizes guys with 3 times her size and 5 times her muscle mass. Correct me with evidence if I'm wrong.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: Stop misrepresenting my word. I clearly asked for proof that strenght and striking power affects pressure points. I didn't even bring the word "skill" up.

If what you said about strength is true, I suppose that you have a good source that says so.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: Ty Lee can leap 20+ ft in the air with no trouble. She may not be as large as those guys but don't make it seem like that automatically means she's weaker than them. Remember June?

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Are we talking about fictional pressure pointage or real life pressure pointage here? They differ a lot.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: If Ty Lee was really that strong she would have hurt the guy she kicked in the comic. But instead she fell back tryo g to do so. June was clearly another case and that proves it. Her leg strenght is good enough to leap her 20 ft. in the air but not good enough to hurt someone with a small to medium buff. This indicates that we can't compare them.

However she didn't try to block his chi so once again, nothi g indicates that strength affects this.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: Striking power allows you to bypass durability in general, in regards to pressure point attacks if you can exert more force on a specific weak point then you're going to do more damage. You don't need some sourcebook telling you that outright to make it true, use logical reasoning.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 anthp2000  Moderator

@full123: In what do they differ? I see that you must have source, evidence and knowledge for both versions so I'd love you to show and explain it to me.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Fictional pressure points allow a lot of PIS in that they allow weak characters to pressure point incredibly durable characters, far more durable then themselves.

The name of the thing should make my point obvious. You apply pressure to a point. If your strength isn't enough to exert pressure on a guy's skins, muscles etc., how are you going to use pressure points?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: Not really,considering that Ty Lee isn't strong at all as I already showed you and still fodderizes people with pressure points. That is a source. If you have a source that counters Ty Lee's feats, then I'd be glad to see it. If you don't it's just an assption without any ground and doesn't indicate that Tai Lung can do a better job than her.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: Maybe she wasn't kicking him as hard as she could? Maybe she was and that was just a decent durability feat for him? June proves that in the Avatar universe, you don't have to have big muscles to be exceptionally strong. Aang is one of the scrawniest characters in the series and he has some of the best durability feats out of anybody.

Size usually doesn't matter in the Avatar universe. You saying that just because those guys were bigger than Ty Lee that means they're stronger than her is very flawed. You haven't actually showed me anything, and I'm not trying to counter her feats. I'm explaining what makes a pressure point attack effective and you're refusing to listen as long as it isn't in you face and written down somewhere

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: @full123: that is good in theory but why is it so hard for you to bring me up a source or evidence that peoves so???? Without it you guys just give me assumption.

Besides here's what Katara comments on Ty Lee's chi blocking abilities:

"It's like she takes yoy down from the inside"

The inside isn't muscle mass. If you have NP evidence about what you're saying then by just this comment I assune that it's far more complicated that strength which in fact proves to be useless at least in the ATLAS universe or anywhere else since you can't provide me with evidence. Common sense isn't a good source at all.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: Why not kicking her as hard as she could?

June proved that you don't need muscles to be strong, not that having muscles doesn't mean that you are strong.

Aang has one of the worst durabilities in there, I don't know what you are thinking mentioning him.

Many of his opponents send him flying and leave him unconscious. Azula co.es to mind for doing so multiply times. He even hurt himself with his own earthbendonf attack more than he hurt his opponent. In fact the best durability feats in the AvatarVerse belong to ripped and buff guys like Zuko and Ozai.

You are not trying to explain how ir works to me, you are trying to explain your ungrounded assumptions while I gave you evidence that while not strong at all, Ty Lee uses pressure points effectively against much stronger guys. I gave you examples and you are just saying the same thing over and over again without any evidence. Sorry man but how do you expect me to be convinced like that?

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @full123: that is good in theory but why is it so hard for you to bring me up a source or evidence that peoves so???? Without it you guys just give me assumption.

I can just give you the Wikipedia article explaining pressure points. Pressure point martial arts TARGET POINTS OF PRESSURE. How is that hard to understand?

Pressure Points

Besides here's what Katara comments on Ty Lee's chi blocking abilities:

"It's like she takes yoy down from the inside"

Uh, yes? When you hit particular pressure points, they cause pain, fainting and etc. which is bringing you down from the inside, but you actually need to hit the points first.

The inside isn't muscle mass. If you have NP evidence about what you're saying then by just this comment I assune that it's far more complicated that strength which in fact proves to be useless at least in the ATLAS universe or anywhere else since you can't provide me with evidence. Common sense isn't a good source at all.

Pressure points are located in your tendons, ligaments etc. Are you telling me that's not muscle mass? Yes, regular pressure points also take you down from the inside because supposedly, it blocks Chi, or life force, causing you to faint. It's taking you down from the inside by targeting these tender spots.

Common sense is a good source if you know how to use it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 anthp2000  Moderator

@full123: Bit you still fail to answner to my question. However I surprisingly found something that convinced me that in real life you need to be strong to use pressure points. Back to the topic though, this osn't the case with fictional characters lime Ty Lee who has no actual physical stregth and still take buffed people down.

The real question is: Has anyone used pressure points in Hulk's universe? If so, who and how? If not I'm going with the Avatar logic and say that she beats him rather easily.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LOL why did this thread go south ?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juiceboks  Moderator

@full123: Bit you still fail to answner to my question. However I surprisingly found something that convinced me that in real life you need to be strong to use pressure points. Back to the topic though, this osn't the case with fictional characters lime Ty Lee who has no actual physical stregth and still take buffed people down.

The real question is: Has anyone used pressure points in Hulk's universe? If so, who and how? If not I'm going with the Avatar logic and say that she beats him rather easily.

1. She's performed superhuman feats in practically every fight she's been in. The leaps and backflips she performs require superhuman leg strength, and I don't see why you keep insisting that she isn't superhuman.

2. These buff people have no durability feats putting them above regular people, as opposed to someone like Tai Lung who has disabled bonafide superhuman characters and has proved to be well above superhuman himself.

You don't need exceptional striking power to take down featless fodder, this is fairly obvious not just for pressure point attacks but for attacking in general. Tai Lung, again, has her outclassed in both skill and striking power. She can't hurt Hulk, because the best she's done is take down featless fodder and has no relatively notable superhuman striking power showings to suggest she can do any better.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000 said:

@juiceboks: Why not kicking her as hard as she could?

June proved that you don't need muscles to be strong, not that having muscles doesn't mean that you are strong.

Aang has one of the worst durabilities in there, I don't know what you are thinking mentioning him.

Many of his opponents send him flying and leave him unconscious. Azula co.es to mind for doing so multiply times. He even hurt himself with his own earthbendonf attack more than he hurt his opponent. In fact the best durability feats in the AvatarVerse belong to ripped and buff guys like Zuko and Ozai.

You are not trying to explain how ir works to me, you are trying to explain your ungrounded assumptions while I gave you evidence that while not strong at all, Ty Lee uses pressure points effectively against much stronger guys. I gave you examples and you are just saying the same thing over and over again without any evidence. Sorry man but how do you expect me to be convinced like that?

Because not every character puts all their effort into one attack?

I never said people with muscles aren't strong, where are you getting this? June, who is by no means more muscular than an average woman her age, is stronger than a guy who can probably bench her weight 5 times over. That alone proves that being bigger =/= being stronger in the Avatar universe.

So we're just flat out lying now?

Name them. Why is Azula, one of the best firebenders in the series, knocking Aang out such a bad showing? You do realize she did the same to Zuko right? Hell look at Azula, this durability feat is one of the best in the series and Azula is no more fit physically than Katara.

AVATAR AANG VS AZULA;KATARA VS PAKKU

The Boulder is more buff than Ozai and Zuko yet they have much better strength and durability feats than he does. You keep bringing up examples that prove my point.

Assumption? At this point you're not even trying. Pressure point strikes are exactly what the name states, striking a specific point on a character's body with pressure. How do we measure one's ability to cause physical damage to another in general? Striking power. So why is it so hard for you to grasp that striking power affects one's ability to apply pressure to a specific point? I literally cannot make this any simpler for you.

You haven't proved that Ty Lee isn't strong and you haven't proved that she's weaker than anybody she's successfully taken down with pressure points.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: I'm not going circlss with you and your assumptions. Sorry. I'll just point out a couple of thongs and finish my argument since I already got evidence for pressure points that you failed to give me.

Even if she put half her effort, if she is as strong as you make her to be, the guy would at least move out of the way . I stead, hejust made fun of her and didn't even move at all. She was the one pushed back.

And yet, June isn't Ty Lee who is ebide tly not as strong like I explai ed 10 times.

You want me to name them and you're calling me a liar?

Aanf hirt himself more than the opponent in an attack he did. Azula one shot him by swndong him flting at tbe catacombs right after Zuko send him flying with fire whips. At the drill, she had him unconscious for exactly 25 seconds and that's after she hit the shield that he was hiding behind. Aang hasn't done anything today that he has some of the best durability feays and I'm the liar around here?

I said that Azula or non buffed characters have no durability when exactly?

Ozai is far more ripped than the Boulder.

I have proven it by brinfong up the scene from the comic and I'm not going in circles with you denying what's right in front of your face. Sorry. I close my argument and leave this debate.

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what the heck does avatar have to do with KFP Po, Tigress, and Tai Lung vs MCU Hulk!?, can people actually debate who would win, please!?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone Else?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone Else?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Justiceleague1

@anthp2000: Hey how you doing?

Anyway does KFP Team win or does MCU Hulk win, and why?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk gets stomped.

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justiceleague1: Well, Tai Lung and Tigress can match Hulk's striking power. Hulk quite literally can't do anything to Po. The KFP team are significantly more skilled, and have superior speed.

Pretty sure that enough power heavy strikes to Hulk's face will put him down.

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Wow because in my MCU Avengers vs KFP Furious Five and Po thread people kept saying that none of them can hurt MCU Hulk?

How is your way of countering that?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone Else?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone Else?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone Else?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Justiceleague1

How does MCU Hulk win, or How does KFP Team win ?

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can they even hurt or keep up with Hulk? One punch from Hulk would instakill any of them.

Justiceleague1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers