Give a reason please
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chaos Prime

Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt on Logan but it wouldnt be enough to put him down for the count imo.
But Logan does have the abilitie to not only Ko Karnak but take his head off for good measure ;-)

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius
Chaos Prime said:
Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt on Logan but it wouldnt be enough to put him down ... [more]

How about his ability to see weakness and exploit it?
Even Elektra was able to do this where it left Wolverine immobile.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Prime

Yep he can but against a foe with Logans healing factor i dought he could do enough to kill Logan.
His attacks arnt that great when it comes to breaking objects in half..

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordCosmicKing
Alpha said:
Chaos Prime said: Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt on Logan but it wouldnt be enough to ... [more]
elektra was only able to immobilize him so  long as she kept the pressure with her sais on his pressure points otherwise his HF would heal him just as fast as he was stabbed. logan is just as a good fighter if not better then karnak and far deadlier.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius
LordCosmicKing said:
Alpha said: Chaos Prime said: Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt on Logan but it wouldnt be ... [more]

Can't agree with your opinion of Logan being as good a fighter as Karnak. There are few who are and Wolverine isn't even close in my opinion.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordCosmicKing
Alpha said:
LordCosmicKing said: Alpha said: Chaos Prime said: Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt on Logan but it ... [more]
wolverine gets depicted as a brawler but is easily forgotten that he is the best martial artist/ fighter in the marvel world recognized by shield mr. X and many others. their are also plenty of issues where logan is not brawling and taking damage where he pawns armis and heroes as if they were a joke simply by relying on his martial skills.

karnak doesnt even possess a unigue skill that logan cant duplicate.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius
LordCosmicKing said:
Alpha said: LordCosmicKing said: Alpha said: Chaos Prime said: Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt on Logan ... [more]

I am one the argues that Wolverine is a trained fighter so that's not the reason I disagree. Karnak may not be on a level of Iron Fist or Daredevil but he is on a level above well above Wolverine. To me it would be like comparing Red Arrow to Batman. Red Arrow is good and has great skill but he is not on a level with Batman.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordCosmicKing

so what is your defense? i dont understand your rebuttal

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius
LordCosmicKing said:
so what is your defense? i dont understand your rebuttal

I think that Karnak is the better skilled fighter, so he could stay out of the way of Wolverine's main attack while finding a weakness that could win him the battle.
He doesn't have to kill Wolverine to beat him and we know Wolverine can be knocked out.
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha said:
LordCosmicKing said: so what is your defense? i dont understand your rebuttal I think that Karnak is the better skilled ... [more]

That could take a while cause of his healing factor. One slip and it's all over. Kinda the opposite with the Nightcrawler fight.

I gonna go with Karnak as well.
Minus the nonsense that had Black Panther beat him like he was a child.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Dreadmaster

Karnak ftw, using nerve strike's on Wolverine are very effective and i am positive that Karnak can exploit that as a weakness

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Nerx

If Karnak can keep the Floggin to Wolvie's noggin then he can use that chance to knock Wolv out cold

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordCosmicKing
dreadmaster said:
Karnak ftw, using nerve strike's on Wolverine are very effective and i am positive that Karnak can exploit that as ... [more]
they stop being effective after Mr. X attack and he possessed unknkwn strength power and abilities, they stop working with elektra and echo.

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Static Shock
LordCosmicKing said:
Alpha said: LordCosmicKing said: Alpha said: Chaos Prime said: Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt on Logan ... [more]
While I can agree that Wolverine is a martial artist, I don't think he's the best in Marvel. As far as a skill he can't duplicate, when has he ever seen weakpoints in a manner than Karnak has (which duplicates X-ray vision)? That's a unique skill that Karnak possesses, so when has Wolverine duplicated it and what makes you think he can?

Besides, this has been done already.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/karnak-vs-wolverine/391020/#45

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordCosmicKing

of course logan doesnt have x ray vision look at the pic  i posted.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
StrongestOneThereIs said:
I'm gonna go with Karnak as well. Minus the nonsense that had Black Panther beat him like he was a child. "
Black Panther beat him like a child twice. How is it nonsense? There's nothing impressive about Karnak to make me think that he couldn't have been beaten down like that, especially by Black Panther, who is one the best fighters in Marvel and knows how to land a well-placed knee-kick. LOL.

LordCosmicKing said:
of course logan doesnt have x ray vision look at the pic  i posted. [more]

Aight. I'll give you that.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordCosmicKing

i bn doing some "research" on karnak apparently  he isnt a push over and the BP moment he was mind controlled and it doesnt vibe with the majority of his fighting abilities and feats.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Anyway, I'll give this fight to Wolverine.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock
LordCosmicKing said:
i bn doing some "research" on karnak apparently  he isnt a push over and the BP moment he was mind ... [more]
Which moment are you speaking of? The one where he clocked him right in front of Crystal, or the one where Black Panther quoted Bruce Lee and KO'ed him? Either way, it wouldn't matter. What's impressive about Karnak? You tell me.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LordCosmicKing
Static Shock said:
LordCosmicKing said: i bn doing some "research" on karnak apparently  he isnt a push over and the BP moment he ... [more]
both were pretty retarded and shouldnt have happen the fact that he is faster stronger in all areas to BP he should have saw the hit coming and blocked it or avoided it. if you like i can post other ppls arguments since i dont really care for either BP or karnak. i see is one over rated hero who has had his feats padded up in the last 10 yrs and another whose low lvl appearance and feats simply go ingored.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock
LordCosmicKing said:
Static Shock said: LordCosmicKing said: i bn doing some "research" on karnak apparently  he isnt a push over and the ... [more]
Can't be retarded if it's happened both times. What makes you think Karnak should have saw it coming if he's been hit before by plenty of others? Karnak probably is stronger than Black Panther is, but not by much. Black Panther is considered low-level superhuman already and has his share of superhuman feats, so it's not like Karnak completely outclasses him. As for speed, I haven't seen anything that would suggest that he's faster than Black Panther. So, that's a no-no there. And, if you've been reading Black Panther since he first appeared in 1966, you'd know that he hasn't had a upgrade and he's always been the same. Don't say things you know nothing about as an excuse for another character that has nothing going for him already.

I don't really care for other people's arguments/informed opinions, for I could argue that what Black Panther did to him is valid. Hiding behind other peoples arguments is spineless, and if you don't care, don't think about posting them. Simple.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordCosmicKing

i have read BP since he was an avengers way back in the 8o's and kept up with him up to when he got his tech armor once that happen i stopped caring for him. i had more respect for the character when he was good enough to go against cap using agility  but not anymore. the only reason BP should be able to compete with heroes nowaday is because of his suit and claws thats it he has nothing to offer.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
LordCosmicKing said:
i have read BP since he was an avengers way back in the 8o's and kept up with him up ... [more]
LOL. If that's what you think, then you haven't read enough. Just as I thought.

Black Panther has always been (and always will be) good enough to go against Cap. Period.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LordCosmicKing

i didnt say he  couldnt take or beat cap, i said thats when i liked him when he didnt rely on the suit to survive fights against overwhelming heroes villains that he shouldnt be fighting in the first place.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Static Shock said:
LordCosmicKing said: Alpha said: LordCosmicKing said: Alpha said: Chaos Prime said: Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict pain & hurt ... [more]
That fight gave Wolverine Karnak's ability to see weaknesses. Not quite the same as this one. 
As for Wolverine's "weakness sense" that he's barely displayed, it's not on the level of Karnak's and it's purely physical. Karnak should be able to see flaws no only in Logan's body but in his technique as well. Karnak written to his best should be able to win this, doing things like using Wolverine's own claws to impale pressure points that paralyze him and leave him unable to continue fighting. But Karnak is rarely written like to his potential so that won't happen.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hadrelius
Static Shock said:
StrongestOneThereIs said: I'm gonna go with Karnak as well. Minus the nonsense that had Black Panther beat him like he ... [more]
  I would call it out of the norm cause it was written from the same guy that had Black Panther holding the Silver Surfer in a arm lock.

When was the second time they fought?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I would go with Wolverine.Karnak suffers from the same thing as the Champion of the Universe.On paper,Marvel is going on and on about how good of a fighter he is and how much he knows about combat and then in comics he's takes the worst defeats.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Alpha said:
Static Shock said: StrongestOneThereIs said: I'm gonna go with Karnak as well. Minus the nonsense that had Black Panther beat ... [more]
That was the second time. And just because it was written by Hudlin doesn't mean everything else is bad. Black Panther kneeing Karnak doesn't have him doing anything that's not possible. Karnak was talking and getting ready to attack and Black Panther just attacked first. That's not bad writing.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Buckshot said:
Alpha said: Static Shock said: StrongestOneThereIs said: I'm gonna go with Karnak as well. Minus the nonsense that had Black ... [more]
So it would be possible for Wolverine to do the same thing,correct?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
Alpha said:
Static Shock said: StrongestOneThereIs said: I'm gonna go with Karnak as well. Minus the nonsense that had Black Panther beat ... [more]
Incorrect. The guy that wrote the BP/Silver Surfer nonsense was Dwayne McDuffie (which is just as stupid as Jack Kirby's Karnak KO'ing Surfer with a set of bricks). The fight between Karnak and BP was Reginald Hudlin. The second time they fought was in during the Civil War.

Black Panther humiliating Karnak happened twice. It's not out of the norm, since Karnak rarely fights other martial artists that are worth a damn.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

There would be no reason for Karnak to hold off his attack to taunt Wolverine. There's no reason to believe he'd leave himself open in this situation (like he did before) because there's nothing else going on but this fight.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Buckshot said:
There would be no reason for Karnak to hold off his attack to taunt Wolverine. There's no reason to believe ... [more]
Whether Karnak taunts him or not..you don't think Wolverine is fast enough to get off the first strike?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If I had to choose I'd probably say Karnak is faster, but that's not solid. Either way I don't think Wolverine is so much faster than Karnak that he could totally blindside him if he were paying attention and not doing anything else. (Pretty sure Static said this already and there's really no point in me saying it other than fanboyism, but BP has schooled them both in the speed department a couple times. I don't think there's a big enough gap for Wolverine to end it in one attack.)

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LordCosmicKing

one swipe attack  and its over for karnak and i thing from both of them facing each other its more likely that logan can out blitz him in the initial attack.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By the creator
Buckshot said:
Static Shock said: LordCosmicKing said: Alpha said: LordCosmicKing said: Alpha said: Chaos Prime said: Wolverine ftw yes Karnak could inflict ... [more]
I agree with that.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the creator
Buckshot said:
If I had to choose I'd probably say Karnak is faster, but that's not solid. Either way I don't think ... [more]

Karnak should be physically superior in strength, reaction time and agility to Wolverine.
Marvel described as haveing the following physical abilities, "Besides strength (ability to lift 1 tonne), Karnak possesses certain physical skills superior to those of human athletes. His Inhuman metabolism affords him slightly greater reaction time, endurance, and speed than the human race's most perfect physical specimen, Captain America."
I'm not sure what slightly greater is but I should imagine that 10 - 20% is reasonable looking at his strength level in comparison to Capt America's (an in turn Black Panthers).

Marvel also said, that "Karnak has voluntary control over most of his body's autonomic functions: breathing, heartbeat, bleeding, reaction to pain, rate of healing, etc. He is extremely lithe and flexible, able to expand and contract his muscles and contort his body into seemingly painful positions. He has toughened all the striking surfaces of his body in general and his hands in particular, so that they are covered with dense callus. Karnak is capable of shattering wood, cinderblock, and even mild steel. Through mental discipline, Karnak has gained the extrasensory ability to perceive the stress points, fracture planes, or weaknesses, in all objects or persons around him. By striking or applying pressure at these points, he can split or shatter objects made of seemingly invincible substances or render insensate beings of far greater strength than he."

I'm just focussing in on the last line, the section in bold - his ability to KO beings of far greater strength than himself.
So in theory he could KO Wolverine, if even for a short preriod of time.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wolverine pwns.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine can lift about 1200 pounds he has feats that suggest even more but on average.

has enhanced speed and agility and is far more durable he can tank more hits and will still be fighting when karnak is tired.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I feel Old Man Logan vs Karnak would be more fair.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan. Don't know if Karnak can put him down.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fisty mcknife hands

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By nefarious

Karnak gets "snikt'd." Haha, he has put up a better fight against Black Panther than Karnak did.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine wins but it's important to remember that these are both worthless street levelers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#50 god_spawn  Moderator

Logan. Handily.