No Caption Provided
Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chives_qte

Isn't a starving Galactus a multi-solar system level? IIRC Saitama and Garou destroyed many stars with one attack, maybe even hundreds, considering the colossal void this attack left in space.

Saitama would be the level of multi-solar system+, even if it accounted for less than half the power of that attack.

Galactus on a multi-solar sytem level trivially defeated Thanos. Though, to be honest, Thanos survived Galactus's attack.

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos. Starving galactus is uni

Properthe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos scales way above multi solar system. He’s easily universal +

Avatar image for deactivated-6342cb1b12e96
deactivated-6342cb1b12e96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos repeats Saitama's phrase from the picture in the op and proceeds to pimp slap him and CF Garou, because

No Caption Provided

Nothing outside of a squared punch feat gives Saitama a chance against him, and that feat isn't applicable to him alone, because... well... it was squared. Seriously though, Thanos's very first appearance in the comics is him one-shotting a guy who busted a star in the same issue. Baldy is not up there, not yet

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@randalthor2219: Nice showing and all but for obvious reasons it's a bit inaccurate. Dumb Drax and him busting a planet in a scrap is fine and all but Drax "busting a star" is pathetic, especially when you see how tiny it was.

That, and Thanos has no real advantage against a properly motivated Saitama.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: But we don't really get to see the full size of that star nor is it a good idea to estimate the size of celestial objects in comics going by just how they're depicted compared to the characters. They obviously didn't plan to portray it with scientifically accurate proportions, but the intent is clear. What we know is that it's a small star, but small stars are still much larger than the biggest planets, and our Sun can also be considered a small star.

As of right now he has every advantage, it may change in the future, but currently he has better feats, better scalling, more hax, is more skilled and smarter. Saitama only has a chance if the fight drags on and he outgrows him, but Thanos already dealt with opponents who can become stronger as the fight goes on and he knows that he needs to finish it quickly once he's had enough fun, which he can

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Base Thanos is not universal lmao. He's also too slow to compete with Saitama who has relative stats. The only way Thanos wins is if he uses his mind control that he rarely ever uses.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus wasn’t starved when he faced thanos, it’s his exerting himself to get past Thanos force fields that drained him

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@randalthor2219 said:

@professorrespect: But we don't really get to see the full size of that star nor is it a good idea to estimate the size of celestial objects in comics going by just how they're depicted compared to the characters

You have a point here but this is not a good application of it. Stars are massively dependent on size and mass for how they function: destroying such a tiny one is not that impressive, especially when we can see it's not a preportion issue given by the multiple panels.

You'd actually have a point if we were looking at, say, N52 Brainiac's spaceship going from dwarfing planets to being smaller than them in other depictions. That's a inconsistency, and one that can't be simply brushed off.

They obviously didn't plan to portray it with scientifically accurate proportions, but the intent is clear

You don't know this at all. People use the word "intent" to make up their own explanations and fancanon. It says "small" so it is in fact small. Unless you can find a author statement I don't really care about your usage of intent.

What we know is that it's a small star, but small stars are still much larger than the biggest planets, and our Sun can also be considered a small star

This is wildly incorrect given it was so small that Drax's body and hands were enough to completely cover the core and then some.

As of right now he has every advantage

Nope, but I'm not exactly confident given this is the "universal Thor" guy. Even if it was only supposed to be a counteraction against wank, it's not exactly productive.

it may change in the future, but currently he has better feats, better scalling, more hax

He has none of these. Thanos especially is not a hax abuser and I'll more than happily showcase that if need be.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus wasn’t starved when he faced thanos, it’s his exerting himself to get past Thanos force fields that drained him

That run isn't canon as per editorial so it doesn't matter either way etc

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should be around star-solar system range. But Saitama is stronger. Thanos should roughly scale to Silver Surfer in speed. So i'm not sure. I'll give it Saitama because of durability and strength

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should be around star-solar system range. But Saitama is stronger. Thanos should roughly scale to Silver Surfer in speed. So i'm not sure. I'll give it Saitama because of durability and strength

The issue with this is that Thanos has no real showings to be solar system in range, and he really shouldn't get any speed advantage given his fights with Surfer weren't really reliant on that.

Avatar image for godlike_warrior
Godlike_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama

saboyaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao at universal thanos

@randalthor2219: serious punch ^2 is only the name of the move. the real attack would be divided by 2 - multisolar-galaxy level

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lazerbeak

Saitama slams the fodder.

He’s not fodder dude

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he can catch him he can win but if not then idk

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Multi-solar system level serious punches is enough to put even a highballed Thanos down. Scaling Thanos to Galactus is obviously hilarious. All he did was damage his armor a little and a couple force fields were able to just barely hold him out against a blast from him, he was an annoying insect otherwise and couldn't do anything to him besides knock him a few miles away.

Oh and he won't tag a serious Saitama either.

Moosixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has no stones then he lose if he has stones he effortlessly stomps.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki said:

He should scale to Surfer, even if he isn't the most consistent, that should put him around similar speeds to at least Garou.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 takenstew22  Moderator

@lazerbeak said:
@chris2kzombieki said:

He should scale to Surfer, even if he isn't the most consistent, that should put him around similar speeds to at least Garou.

He isn't lol. Thanos was never a speedster in the slightest.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki said:
@lazerbeak said:
@chris2kzombieki said:

He isn't lol. Thanos was never a speedster in the slightest.

Doesnt need to be. As long as he can react. I agree Saitama wins, but Thanos should be able to react. Also i'm not getting notified when i'm tagged. Is there an issue?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki: How should he be able to react to anything here if Saitama is trying?

Also yeah tags all glitched out lol. Someone probably mucked up the update.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki: How should he be able to react to anything here if Saitama is trying?

Glitching seems to happen a lot on this site.

gallavant123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

Glitching seems to happen a lot on this site.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@chris2kzombieki: I don't think he should be able to react to him tho. It's popular for alot of people to scale a Marvel characters speed off of Silver Surfer but they fail to realize Surfer has not always been too fast in terms of combat either. Now I agree his travel speed can sometimes equate to combat because he can do alot of loopy loops and zigzags with his board but I don't think that's always the case.

@professorrespect said:

Yep. Smh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randalthor2219 said:

@professorrespect: But we don't really get to see the full size of that star nor is it a good idea to estimate the size of celestial objects in comics going by just how they're depicted compared to the characters

You have a point here but this is not a good application of it. Stars are massively dependent on size and mass for how they function: destroying such a tiny one is not that impressive, especially when we can see it's not a preportion issue given by the multiple panels.

It seems like double standarts, since you're bringing up how stars function irl to determine how impressive Drax's feat is, but at the same time argue that the star in question is around the size of the bus by comparing its supposedly clearly shown size to Drax. Stars that small can't even exist irl, let alone have planets orbiting around them. It's hard to take people who try to determine the sizes of celestial objects from their visual depiction in a forty year old comic seriously

You'd actually have a point if we were looking at, say, N52 Brainiac's spaceship going from dwarfing planets to being smaller than them in other depictions. That's a inconsistency, and one that can't be simply brushed off.

And you'd actually have a point if the star in question has been clearly portrayed in its full size on panel even once, which it hasn't. All you're doing is lowballing by taking the art of a 40+ year old comic at face value and comparing it to a modern comic with much more detailed drawings. That's not fair to say the least. Again, we never see Drax approaching the star to even compare him to it, the comic only vaguely shows us what happens inside a star and then a shot of him and a destroyed star behind him, where it's impossible to determine the distance between them

They obviously didn't plan to portray it with scientifically accurate proportions, but the intent is clear

You don't know this at all. People use the word "intent" to make up their own explanations and fancanon. It says "small" so it is in fact small. Unless you can find a author statement I don't really care about your usage of intent.

The only person here who's making up headcanon is you. It was you who claimed the star being impossibly small by any standarts, comic or irl, and the only proof you've shown is incorrect interpretation of visuals of a 40+ year old comic. Even in a universe like Marvel you can't just say that a star has very unusual properties just because it seems so to you, it still needs to be stated on panel or confirmed by the author. The only statement we have about its size on panel is that it's a small star, and the small stars are still larger than Jupiter. It wasn't even stated to be a dwarf star, just small. The intent also supports it being a normal star based on the fact that on the same panel Drax destroys a normal sized planet orbiting it (unless you can prove he just randomly flew to another solar system in one panel to destroy another star, despite being blinded by rage and destroying everything that caught his eye) and a bus sized star just can't have enough gravitational pull to have anything orbiting it, let alone an entire planet

What we know is that it's a small star, but small stars are still much larger than the biggest planets, and our Sun can also be considered a small star

This is wildly incorrect given it was so small that Drax's body and hands were enough to completely cover the core and then some.

And again, nothing but a headcanon. We don't even see the full process of the destruction of the core, let alone how large it was compared to Drax's body. Again, show me in-universe confirmation of it being a super compressed dwarf star barely larger than than a human body instead of your own assumptions

Nope, but I'm not exactly confident given this is the "universal Thor" guy. Even if it was only supposed to be a counteraction against wank, it's not exactly productive.

What's funny is that universal Thor is still much more consistent than "multi-solar system" level Saitama. And yes, I used it only as a counter measure against Prime's wank, which still failed. But that's irrelevant to our debate here, what matters here though, is that Drax by far isn't the only character with star level feats to whom Thanos scales to. You'd be surprised how consistent he really is, he went up against skyfather level guys, who can solo current OPM verse, more than once, which is more than enough to say he has advantage over a large planet level Saitama

it may change in the future, but currently he has better feats, better scalling, more hax

He has none of these. Thanos especially is not a hax abuser and I'll more than happily showcase that if need be.

I guess you're going to bring up every low end in existense for him, it's fine, I can counter every of his low-ends with several high-ends at worst. But saying he doesn't have better feats than Saitama is just straight-up lying. He can literally no-sell a gas giant exploding in his face, which is more powerful than Saitama's best feat yet. He can casually beat Silver Surfer to almost death, leaving him alive for purpose. Silver Surfer tanked and was conscious after an explosion, comparable to a squared serious punch. Thanos literally went toe to toe with Odin, a skyfather, who has consistent galaxy and universe level feats, tanked a blast from non-starving Galactus, from a being twice as powerful as Galactus and so on. One of his main hax weapons is telepathy, something Saitama hasn't shown resistance to yet. I can go on, but honestly, I've seen very little arguments for Saitama yet, besides his "multi-solar system" level punch, which I'm already tired of addresing

DCEU_Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos gets obliterated before he can even make up a thought.

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos gets obliterated before he can even make up a thought.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Re-edited to make it readable.

@randalthor2219 said:

@professorrespect said:
@randalthor2219 said:

It seems like double standarts, since you're bringing up how stars function irl to determine how impressive Drax's feat is, but at the same time argue that the star in question is around the size of the bus by comparing its supposedly clearly shown size to Drax

It's not "double standarts" if I'm using that to judge the feat while also taking on board that it's a SMALL star and how it fits proportion-wise to his mass. Not that hard.

And you'd actually have a point if the star in question has been clearly portrayed in its full size on panel even once, which it hasn't

It's a small star and Drax could fit the entire core in his hands lol.

All you're doing is lowballing by taking the art of a 40+ year old comic

More excuses. There's art from 40+ years ago that's as detailed as it is now if not better in places, the age doesn't excuse the fact that it's a small star.

The only person here who's making up headcanon is you

More projection lol.

It was you who claimed the star being impossibly small by any standarts, comic or irl, and the only proof you've shown is incorrect interpretation of visuals

>comic says it's a small star

>Drax enters the star and can fit it in his hands

>no intent saying otherwise, visuals don't reflect opposing view

"stop lowballing bro pls"

Laughable.

And again, nothing but a headcanon

Projection etc.

What's funny is that universal Thor is still much more consistent than "multi-solar system" level Saitama

Digging the hole further......

You'd be surprised how consistent he really is, he went up against skyfather level guys

And lost pretty much every time when he didn't have prep. I can recall only one or two true showings of him battling skyfathers without needing external support or plans in place and they didn't end well.

He can literally no-sell a gas giant exploding in his face

Not a no-sell etc.

which is more powerful than Saitama's best feat yet. He can casually beat Silver Surfer to almost death

So? Regular high tiers can fight off Surfer just fine.

Thanos literally went toe to toe with Odin, a skyfather

He didn't go "toe to toe" with the guy lol. Odin beat his ass and Moondragon stated he didn't have anything to put against the guy: and they were right, because Thanos didn't do any damage to Odin while he was sent flying all over the place. Shame the Reddit RT doesn't show that bit lol.

tanked a blast from non-starving Galactus

This isn't "tanked" if Thanos' shields gave out after a single blow. It's a pity you didn't put the rest of the fight here where Galactus easily grabs Thanos with zero resistance while he's begging the guy not to kill him and hear him out.

from a being twice as powerful as Galactus

Nice Reddit RT wank but the facts are that Omega was only able to planet-bust with tech, which Thanos destroyed before that feat happened. Omega also died to the planet exploding while he was on it, so the idea he's twice as powerful as Galactus is pretty much wrong in all fronts.

One of his main hax weapons is telepathy

......that he barely uses and most of his showings are defensive. That and it wouldn't be effective against a LS+ being unless he was that fast.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll go with Saitama. Huge LOL at Base Thanos being “Universal+”

Avatar image for deactivated-6460e005158c4
deactivated-6460e005158c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is WAY faster than Thanos. We are talking many, many times faster. Thanos is regulary tagged by below light speed enemies. He will take like 100 punches before he will be able to make his first move.

He can still win if he uses his psychic powers but in character he almost never doing that.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Frocharocha

Why is people saying Thanos is universal? He wouldnt need the IG if he was lol

Zxxzcxzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama ends the verse with zero punch.

rushlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama can't overcome thanos' durability. Why does everyone think that saitama will win? Did the current thanos get nerf or are they just fanboys? It was accepted by everyone that Thanos' durability level was Galaxy.

ZzzxAzxZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama ends the verse with zero punch.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Galactus was KO’d by a sucker reverse fastball special by Mr. Fantastic and the Thing.

and before you bring up Strange, all he did was use Images of Ikon to make Galactus drop his guard.

when he’s well fed he might be as powerful as some make him out to be but certainly not when he’s starving with the possible exception of the Darkseid crossover

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus was KO’d by a sucker reverse fastball special by Mr. Fantastic and the Thing.

and before you bring up Strange, all he did was use Images of Ikon to make Galactus drop his guard.

when he’s well fed he might be as powerful as some make him out to be but certainly not when he’s starving with the possible exception of the Darkseid crossover

False

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: the IG he used was casually multiversal, but yeah no base Thanos isn’t universal.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers