PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Since John Wick vs Winter Soldier was locked, I am going to try this one

- Standard gear for both (guns, knifes, swords, just no explosives/grenades)

- Win by death only

- Both morals off

Takes place in an abandoned factory

- They start on opposite ends

No Caption Provided

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If John Wick VS WS was locked, doesn't that mean this is also a stomp since Wick and Preston have the same killing method?

lgh0stl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: no preston got a lot to offer than wick, I think he is a legit bullet timer, he can win if both of them don't resort in a cqc, if that happens preston will get stomped by ws with his sheer physicals

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lgh0stl: Feats of him being bullet-timer?

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly...Preston.

I can think of absolutely no way WS closes that gap without getting a bullet to the face, or several bullets everywhere more accurately. Especially considering WS to my recollection has zero scenes where he doesn't use a gun straight out. Engaging John Preston 1 on 1 i a gun fight for any length of time is tantamount to suicide.

Bucky's superhuman stats will make him harder to track and give an edge over others that preston jas fought when it comes to closing the distance. But I think that is for the most part negated by Preston's insane degree of prediction in a firefight and he has VERY high end speed.

Furthermore, we have seen Widow fight him in close...she wasn't gonna qin that or take an advantage at all...but the fact that he didn't straight out kill her tells me that Preston can fight him well enough to bring his pistols to bear...something he is an absolute master at doing at any range.

John Preston...7.5 out of 10. Allowing for WS superhuman stats to get him tight and finish him by surprise blitz. But I think 8 or 9 out of 10 is an easy argument as well.

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preston was impressive.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah preston wins.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preston is one of the best live action shooters ever and IMO his gun skills are superhuman. I think Preston wins in a shootout.

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Unusual_Suspect

Preston is immensely capable at dealing with fodder, but has a great deal more difficulty with opponents who step outside the bounds of his rote mastery of statistical probabilities concerning return fire. Winter Soldier is a beast of an assassin that is legendary among even the likes of Black Widow, thus providing not only the skill necessary to at least compete with Preston on a level that makes Preston's rote mastery of the gun-kata useless, but also the physicals necessary to render at least some of Preston's most impressive melee feats useless or even dangerous (how often does Preston, in a fight against a near equal, grab/deflect enemy grabs? How well, realistically, will that work against someone not only capable of tanking melee hits from Cap, but with an arm capable of overpowering Cap's immense strength and with reflexes arguably capable of grabbing the deflecting arm?).

Preston's accuracy and capabilities in melee and gunplay are undeniable. Preston's track record against skilled opponents is less laudible and less decisive, especially when you consider his opponent displayed similar know-where-the-return-fire-might-come-from skills (deflecting bullets with his arm - and that's downplaying the possibility that WS is a bullet-timer, obviously) and physicals so far superior to any opponent Preston has faced as to make his opponents appear to be weak children in comparison.

Preston is a badass, no doubt, but he's best known for making meat out of fodder. Winter Soldier is not only not fodder, but almost certainly a match in skill (if more intuitive than trained, in comparison to Father) and completely dominant in physicals.

I can't deny that Preston might win some, but I think Winter Soldier is sufficiently skilled enough to make Preston's feats against massed enemies mostly meaningless, and his physicals should allow him to close the gap and dominate the melee in ways that Preston can't match. Given default rules, they're 10 feet from each other, and (reviewing the OP, they're further than that. They also have cover, and that should work sufficiently to WS's advantage as to make minimal difference in outcome) Winter Soldier should be able to deflect/avoid quickly enough to make the match into a melee, which Winter Soldier should dominate through a combination of his incredible hand-to-hand skills and his vastly superior physical stats.

7/10 Winter Soldier.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If John Wick VS WS was locked, doesn't that mean this is also a stomp since Wick and Preston have the same killing method?

because he is like the superhuman version of Wick

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

Winter Soldier probably wins if he can close the distance. But at this range, Preston has a considerable advantage.

I'll say Preston for now.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Bucky has a large strength advantage, but it doesn't matter, Preston shoots him.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preston.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your bumps makes the thread ugly to look at. Preston ftw.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4e40f44920a
deactivated-5d4e40f44920a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preston blows his brains out.