Jaegers run the Gauntlet

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

A new breach has opened, and from it more Kaiju have emerged. What follows then is a gauntlet that several different rebuilt Jaegers will have to go through. They are all fully restored and at their best at the start of each round. Four different Jaegers will go through this gauntlet. First time the Jaeger going through the gauntlet will be Striker Eureka, second time Gypsy Danger (the Mark II version natch), and finally Crimson Typhoon and Cherno Alpha working together.

THE ROUNDS

Round 1: Ebirah

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Zilla

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Kamacuras

No Caption Provided

Round 4: King Caesar

No Caption Provided

Round 5: Kumonga

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Baragon

No Caption Provided

Round 7: Titanosaurus

No Caption Provided

Round 8: Battra

No Caption Provided

BONUS ROUND: Gamera

No Caption Provided

How far do the Jaegers get?

And to set the mood:

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jeepeh

I only know the first one..... xD

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@shroudofsorrow: If we take the individual pilots into consideration then I'd say Striker and Gypsy get to Battra. I think Battra is too strong and too fast, considering his showing against Heisei Godzilla. Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon together should be able to get to Battra as well.

Even if they cleared Battra, they wouldn't clear Gamera (assuming this is Heisei Gamera and not Classic Gamera).

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: But you think they can beat the others?

Also, is the order of the gauntlet good, or do you think I should change it?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I think maybe Titanosaurus and Baragon could be switched, but aside from Battra and Gamera none of the monsters were really all that impressive in the movies they were in. Although Ebra, the giant lobster, should probably be first. He was killed by humans (mutants, but still human) with laser guns in Final War, he's the least impressive here in my eyes.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@granitesoldier: Actually he was NEARLY killed by them. But yeah, I see what you're saying. Alright, I'll switch him around along with Titanosaurus and Baragon. Didn't the latter give Millennium Godzilla a decent fight though?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Actually he was NEARLY killed by them. But yeah, I see what you're saying. Alright, I'll switch him around along with Titanosaurus and Baragon. Didn't the latter give Millennium Godzilla a decent fight though?

He was in "Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack" (jeez that's a mouthful) but he was completely ragdolled by Godzilla. I can't even remember him landing a strike on G that actually looked like he felt it, and Godzilla essentially toyed with him before blowing him up.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Ah. Misinterpreted then. To be fair it's been a while since I saw the movie. I never finished it either :(

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Ah. Misinterpreted then. To be fair it's been a while since I saw the movie. I never finished it either :(

It's pretty good. Godzilla is the villain, not the hero (or anti-hero I guess) with Ghidorah as the hero which is really weird if you've been with the franchise awhile. The ending is pretty plot-designed, but it's still a good addition to the series. And man, does Godzilla mess things up.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@granitesoldier: Yeah, I noticed that role-reversal myself. And while I am by no means an authority on Godzilla I do at least know Ghidorah is the arch-villain. So yeah, it's odd to see him as the good guy for a change.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaeger clears.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys I don't you realize they're all outclassed by jaegars gypsy danger is 6x the size of Godzilla it's just a different league

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Stop at 4/5/6, definitely stops at 7. Loses the Bonus Round horribly.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: gipsy is 79m in height. the smallest godzilla is 50 meters and the tallest one is 100 meters. nearly all kaijus in the godzilla verse are within that height range so it's wrong to assume that gipsy is 6x times the height of godzilla

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@kid_cool: King Caesar is really weak for a Toho monster. I think they can take him. I believe they could take Baragon also. Only reason I think they MIGHT stop at Kumonga is on the account of his webbing restraining them.

@kyrees: How far do you think they get?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stop at either Battra or Gamera.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers