Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Nighthunter
Vance Astro said:
"Nighthunter said:
"can't Aquaman just control the water inside the powersuit and use it to destroy the suit from inside? (assuming it uses in some way water)

for that matter, can't he do the same against the body of Tony?"
Since when does Iron Man has water in his suit? I don't think you understand how Extremis works..it's metal pieces grafted to a metal undercoat from Tony's bloodstream.
I don't know if Aquaman can control the water with in the body but Iron Man isn't going to just sit there and let it happen.Tony would be in ass before he could think of what to do (no homo)
"
I wasn't sure if it had water, that's why I said "assuming it uses"
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The 502 Kid said:
"iron Man"
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zoom

To Nighthunter: I know it doesn't just work on marine animals, it's just more powerful against them.  Iron man does have defenses against telepathy though, hence my assertion that his telepathy wouldn't help.

Koing a dehydrated Superman (or Martian Manhunter) isn't as tough as a normal one.  I mean, granted, Aquaman did do that and it's impressive but he's not as strong as Namor and really, either Superman or MM should be able to ko him before he dehydrates them.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54  Edited By Nighthunter

Martian Manhunter wasn't dehidrated

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Man wins no matter whether it was Superman or Martian Manhunter..hydrated or dehydrated.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zoom
Nighthunter said:
"Martian Manhunter wasn't dehidrated"

Really now?  That's even more impressive.

I mean, really, MM should mop the floor with Aquaman.  How did he pull that off?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57  Edited By The_Martian
Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:

I mean, really, MM should mop the floor with Aquaman.  How did he pull that off?"
His strength

MM gets taken out by the baddie
MM gets taken out by the baddie

Aquaman attacks baddie
Aquaman attacks baddie

Aquaman beats the baddie that took out MM
Aquaman beats the baddie that took out MM
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ridiculous.

Iron Man dropped Silver Surfer in his MKII armor...just as ridiculous.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By AtPhantom
Vance Astro said:
"Ridiculous.
Iron Man dropped Silver Surfer in his MKII armor...just as ridiculous.
"
He dropped Silver Surfer??? Oh god...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AtPhantom

Aquaman's magical hand has the power to dehydrate anyone on touch. If this works Tony would have a hard time beating him. could that work through the armor?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
AtPhantom said:
"Aquaman's magical hand has the power to dehydrate anyone on touch. If this works Tony would have a hard time beating him. could that work through the armor?"
No...it can't work though his armor...probably not even though his undercoat.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AtPhantom

So basically , the only chance Aquaman has is if he summons a blue whale to leap out of the water and fall on top of Iron man who is, for some complicated reason involving neurons and the fate of the universe, standing still for some 10 minutes?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
AtPhantom said:
"So basically , the only chance Aquaman has is if he summons a blue whale to leap out of the water and fall on top of Iron man who is, for some complicated reason involving neurons and the fate of the universe, standing still for some 10 minutes?"
Not even then...Iron Man could either destroy the whale or move.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AtPhantom
Vance Astro said:
"AtPhantom said:
"So basically , the only chance Aquaman has is if he summons a blue whale to leap out of the water and fall on top of Iron man who is, for some complicated reason involving neurons and the fate of the universe, standing still for some 10 minutes?"
Not even then...Iron Man could either destroy the whale or move."
Poor whale...
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

LOL

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zoom
Nobody said:
"Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:

I mean, really, MM should mop the floor with Aquaman.  How did he pull that off?"
His strength "
Not at all what we were talking about but thanks for the random scans.

Not to mention MM completely got ambushed and Aquaman got a straight fight in a terrain covered in water.  Not at all a fair comparison.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Aqua Man curbstomp.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
TheDrifter said:
"Aqua Man curbstomp."
blah blah blah ba blah ba blah.
Iron Man wins.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By King_Saturn
TheDrifter said:
"Aqua Man curbstomp."
Nah. I cant see it. Iron Man will fly circles around him while he blows him away with wide range attacks.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
King Saturn said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Aqua Man curbstomp."
Nah. I cant see it. Iron Man will fly circles around him while he blows him away with wide range attacks. "
He's only saying that because I said Iron Man wins.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By King_Saturn
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Aqua Man curbstomp."
Nah. I cant see it. Iron Man will fly circles around him while he blows him away with wide range attacks. "
He's only saying that because I said Iron Man wins."
I figured that...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Aqua Man curbstomp."
I genuinly see Aqua pulling it off
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Aqua Man curbstomp."
I genuinly see Aqua pulling it off"
I don't believe you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I'm ok with that

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Well that's obvious.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Man.CURBSTOMP

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#77  Edited By The_Martian
Zoom said:
"Nobody said:
"Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:

His strength "
Not at all what we were talking about but thanks for the random scans.

Not to mention MM completely got ambushed and Aquaman got a straight fight in a terrain covered in water.  Not at all a fair comparison."
You asked how he pulled it off. I showed a scan of MM getting taken out by a guy with one hit. MM wasn't ambushed he could see it coming, in fact he was head to fight him. Aquaman then beats that same guy later
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zoom
Nobody said:
"Zoom said:
"Not at all what we were talking about but thanks for the random scans.

Not to mention MM completely got ambushed and Aquaman got a straight fight in a terrain covered in water.  Not at all a fair comparison."
You asked how he pulled it off. I showed a scan of MM getting taken out by a guy with one hit. MM wasn't ambushed he could see it coming, in fact he was head to fight him. Aquaman then beats that same guy later"
Somebody said Aquaman knocked out Superman (later corrected to be Martian Manhunter in disguse).

I asked how Aquaman pulled that off, not how he beat some random dude.
zeitreich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By zeitreich

Iron Man make water dirty
Aquaman die
Tony make fun with beach chicks

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Aquaman stabs Tony through his aorta with a harpoon......maybe Tony shouldnt be such a deushbag

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Lunacyde said:
"

Aquaman stabs Tony through his aorta with a harpoon......maybe Tony shouldnt be such a deushbag

"
Not going to happen.Iron Man wins.
zeitreich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By zeitreich

tony hits fishboy with a repulser ray - fishboy end up as fish 'n' chips

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#83  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@zeitreich said:
"tony hits fishboy with a repulser ray - fishboy end up as fish 'n' chips "

right cuz those repulsors helped him so much when  
namor beat him like a bitch
Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Lion_Heart22

Reviving old thread FTW. Need I remind everyone that Aquaman is particularly durable against energy attacks? No repulsor ray is gonna save Tony from the wrath of the King. And Aquaman has fought enemies that both fly faster and hit harder than Iron Man, not to mention that they are far, far more durable. And he has won. So all Iron Man has now is physical strength, and he isn't superior to Aquaman in that regard, not to mention Aquaman is a better warrior and hand to hand fighter. I don't even think he'd need his water hand for this, nor do I think Aquaman would need to be near the water to win, but it just happens that he is. So, I think Tony is gonna have a relapse with the ol' bottle, trying to fend off depression after Aquaman is done with him    

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Silver2467

Iron Man. 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467 said:
" Iron Man.  "
good choice my friend. btw you didn't rate my debating skills on "rate the debater" thread..:P
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By difficlus
@Lion_Heart22 said:
" Reviving old thread FTW. Need I remind everyone that Aquaman is particularly durable against energy attacks? No repulsor ray is gonna save Tony from the wrath of the King. And Aquaman has fought enemies that both fly faster and hit harder than Iron Man, not to mention that they are far, far more durable. And he has won. So all Iron Man has now is physical strength, and he isn't superior to Aquaman in that regard, not to mention Aquaman is a better warrior and hand to hand fighter. I don't even think he'd need his water hand for this, nor do I think Aquaman would need to be near the water to win, but it just happens that he is. So, I think Tony is gonna have a relapse with the ol' bottle, trying to fend off depression after Aquaman is done with him     "
did u read the entire thread? Aquaman's strength is in the not above 2000 tons while on land. Stark still has wide range attacks and even BFR. Iron man has beaten Namor several times before and while Aquaman lifted a chunk of a city block Namor lifted and threw an oil tanker which puts then in the same class. Also just because he is energy resistant doesn't mean that extends to bladed weapons. stark still has magnetism which he can use to send projectiles at aquaman at high speeds. there is also no way aquaman can get through his shields and as mentioned before namor also has water control when he threatened to sink new york in a huge tidal wave....
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By progenitorigin

I must say, for a while I was under the impression that Orin was smarter than Namor (due to their DCvM match-up, although I know it was said to be based off fan-votings, but then I read a different story which said Marvel had to agree to certain DC demands in contract), due to the awesome showing of him shutting down the White Martian's mind and giving him a seizure, the versatility of him using the harpoon "prosthetic" for a while, and in the way he immobilized Namor, even if non-canon.  I think that tends to fight "smarter" than Namor, considering Namor's explosive hot temper. 

Whether or not he actually could use the Basal Ganglia against Iron Man is questionable, considering Tony's made his mind more a computer than an actual natural human brain.  Tony has, i'm sure, techniques which could be used to dehydrate Orin, however, Orin's strength was shown to catch Martian Manhunter off guard, who, by speculation of Superman, could be the strongest being on Earth.  Comparing that to when Iron Man's taken someone by surprise was when he used the Hulkbuster Armor to briefly hold his own against WWHulk, I would say that I think physically, Aquaman may be stronger.  Not to mention when Aquaman lifted a city block while submerged. 

I think the more Iron Man avoids Aquaman at the beginning, the better, to allow his armor tech to analyze Aquaman, & suggest assault methods.  Since this is taken place at the beach, it would basically offer Orin ongoing strength at peak condition, he has shown to leap about 4 stories, on land.  As long as Iron Man plays it smart and uses aversion before he can analyze him well enough to take it down, he could win.  However, I think if Aquaman manages to get his hands on Iron Man, that could be trouble for Tony and could come out in Orin's favor.  If Orin could, say, call a pod of Orca to come and take turns slamming Iron Man with their tails, it could cause armor integrity to falter. 

I prefer Aquaman much more, he's my favorite DCU character, however, the trio of Iron Man, Thor, & especially Captain America, were longtime favorites, the best I can think of is a draw.  It could go either way depending on how they fight.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By spidey 15
@Silver2467 said:
" Iron Man.  "
Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Lion_Heart22

" @Lion_Heart22 said:
" Reviving old thread FTW. Need I remind everyone that Aquaman is particularly durable against energy attacks? No repulsor ray is gonna save Tony from the wrath of the King. And Aquaman has fought enemies that both fly faster and hit harder than Iron Man, not to mention that they are far, far more durable. And he has won. So all Iron Man has now is physical strength, and he isn't superior to Aquaman in that regard, not to mention Aquaman is a better warrior and hand to hand fighter. I don't even think he'd need his water hand for this, nor do I think Aquaman would need to be near the water to win, but it just happens that he is. So, I think Tony is gonna have a relapse with the ol' bottle, trying to fend off depression after Aquaman is done with him     "
did u read the entire thread? Aquaman's strength is in the not above 2000 tons while on land. Stark still has wide range attacks and even BFR. Iron man has beaten Namor several times before and while Aquaman lifted a chunk of a city block Namor lifted and threw an oil tanker which puts then in the same class. Also just because he is energy resistant doesn't mean that extends to bladed weapons. stark still has magnetism which he can use to send projectiles at aquaman at high speeds. there is also no way aquaman can get through his shields and as mentioned before namor also has water control when he threatened to sink new york in a huge tidal wave.... "

@difficlus:
Yes I read the entire thread, did "u"? Aquaman's strength is easily on par with Iron Man's, if not above him while on land. He fought and put Martian Manhunter in his place whilst completely dry. Also, Iron Man seemed to be having trouble with Aquaman when they fought on the JLA/Avengers crossover, non-cannon as it is, the best Iron Man could do was to blow Aquaman's harpoon off. Also, Aquaman is superior to Namor. And why, oh why would Tony even think of utilizing magnetism against Aquaman when he has no awareness of his resistance to energy attacks? Face it, Tony would first try the hand to hand approach because he doesn't know of Aquaman's power or skills. Then he'd change to energy weapons to gain the distance advantage. And, Aquaman is not particularly invulnerable to bladed weapons, but he does live 24/7 under the crushing pressure of the whole ocean and can withstand far more than people give him credit for. And, I'll need a scan of Iron Man using that magnetism strategy you talked about, because I've never ever seen him using that. 
And I don't know if its considered cannon, but Aquaman has a prodigious healing factor showcased in the Justice comics by Alex Ross, where he was capable of regrowing even portions of his brain. And in case everyone forgot, Iron Man almost got his ass kicked by Psylocke because of her using her telepathy on him, so I don't think he's particularly resistant to mental attacks. And don't forget Aquaman defeated Star Breaker with one punch, fought one on one against Despero (and given him enough trouble to force Despero to try mental attacks instead of physical confrontation), etc... 
And I'm assuming they stay on land throughout the whole battle, because if Aquaman gets Iron Man into the water (and he easily could, being in the beach and all), then Iron Man stops being a challenge. No one dares challenge Aquaman underwater.
Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bo88gdan

Iron man

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Tony Stark

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

who bumped this and why?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jeanroygrant

Iron Man

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony stomps.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By termiteone4ever

What version of Aquman is this ?

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#97  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@Vance Astro: No

Neo_Prime666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Neo_Prime666

What people are forgetting is Aquaman could teleport Iron Man underwater and cause his armor to short-circuit underwater and approach sub-light speeds underwater and speedblitz Iron Man if he wanted to.

All thanks to the magic hand.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@Neo_Prime666 said:

What people are forgetting is Aquaman could teleport Iron Man underwater and cause his armor to short-circuit underwater and approach sub-light speeds underwater and speedblitz Iron Man if he wanted to.

All thanks to the magic hand.

I'm pretty sure water wont short circut the armor...

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#100  Edited By sa5m

The Ironman =)