Who wins and why?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Drizzt is seriously skilled, is more versatile and has the equipment advantage. He should also be just as fast, if not faster, due to his Draw physiology. I'll him in a very close fight.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Woooooo hooo! Drizzt! Man, I tip my hat whenever someone is educated on the deadly drow. I gotta get off mobile to comment on this one, I'll be back.....

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Drizzt is seriously skilled, is more versatile and has the equipment advantage. He should also be just as fast, if not faster, due to his Draw physiology. I'll him in a very close fight.

Care to drop feats to support this? And hows doed Drizzt deal with area of effect attacks, chi blasts, etc.?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know nothing about Drizzt.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist explodes a helicarrier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Care to drop feats to support this? And hows doed Drizzt deal with area of effect attacks, chi blasts, etc.?

Well, as a Drow (a "peak Drow" at that) he is significantly faster than even regular Drows, nevermind humans. They're akin to Elves. IIRC he can aim dodge lightning or something to that effect. I'm mostly going off of what I've seen Floopay post, so I'm probably not the authority on Drizzt. Was just dropping my first impression of the fight. Oh and also, Drizzt has these bracers, or something, that he tied to his feet which significantly increase his speed beyond his already superhuman capability.

I'd say Drizzt's best chance to stave of AoE's would be to use his agility while closing the distance, and use his general versatility to keep Danny off-balance. He casts these orbs of Darkness that he can place over people's heads to completely cloud their perception pitch black, among other magical gear. And a bow and arrow. He's pretty stacked to be honest.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Wyldsong

@i_like_swords said:

Well, as a Drow (a "peak Drow" at that) he is significantly faster than even regular Drows, nevermind humans. They're akin to Elves. IIRC he can aim dodge lightning or something to that effect. I'm mostly going off of what I've seen Floopay post, so I'm probably not the authority on Drizzt. Was just dropping my first impression of the fight. Oh and also, Drizzt has these bracers, or something, that he tied to his feet which significantly increase his speed beyond his already superhuman capability.

I'd say Drizzt's best chance to stave of AoE's would be to use his agility while closing the distance, and use his general versatility to keep Danny off-balance. He casts these orbs of Darkness that he can place over people's heads to completely cloud their perception pitch black, among other magical gear. And a bow and arrow. He's pretty stacked to be honest.

Problem is, Danny is at least as fast as Spider-Man (consistently matches speed with Spidey, and in the current series is even running on the sides of buildings while fighting), and can blind fight. The globes won't do much, and while Drizzt is fast, and faster than most drow, his speed enhancing equipment doesn't really put him beyond Danny's speed, at least not that I can remember from any of the novels. I'd have to get a refresher on his abilities, but if Danny set's off an AoE attack, Drizzt can't really dodge that. He would have to try and close the distance, and the globe won't hinder Danny. Unless we have proof of Drizzt pulling speed beyond Spider-Man levels, which I really don't remember that ever happening, then he really isn't doing much Danny hasn't seen nor dealt with.

Drizzt's bracers were the bracers of the blinding strike. What these do is allow the wearer to operate as if they are under a haste spell. So, let's say you have a bad arse warrior capable of swinging his sword 5 times in 6 seconds, then the braces would allow you to swing an extra time if worn normally. If you could run 20 feet in 6 seconds, the bracers would allow you to run 50 feet in 6 seconds. There is some more, but it really falls into game mechanics that are harder to quantify in real world terms. Basically Drizzt wears the bracers as anklets, and seems to mainly use it to increase his movement speed (it doesn't add to his attack speed, it just adds to travel speed). He also carries two magical swords, Twinkle and Icingdeath. Icingdeath deals cold damage, and hits a little harder and more acucrately than a regular sword (+3 Frostbrand in game). Twinkle was a magic scimitar that had an enchantment for defense and such (+2 defending), and was mildly empathic with the wielder. He also has magic armor that makes him harder to hit, and he carries an onyx statue that can turn into a panther.

He really isn't that much more versatile than Danny who can self heal, do AoE's, single target attacks, mind meld, absorb energy, etc, etc and so on. He can try the globe of darkness, but Danny was trained to fight blind (not to mention the globes are magic, and Danny has deflected/resisted magic with chi). He doesn't have any real ranged attacks, and is a bad arse swordsman, and can pull some speed, but again, I can't think of anything he has done that would put him beyond what Danny can do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Well, you definitely know better than me. But since when has Danny got Spider-Man level speed? As I recall his best feat is catching a bullet, which I wouldn't say is the peak of Spider-Man's capabilities by any means. I'll wait for Floopay to chime in before I call a winner but I do agree with most of your analysis. Thanks for the info.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

@i_like_swords said:

@wyldsong: Well, you definitely know better than me. But since when has Danny got Spider-Man level speed? As I recall his best feat is catching a bullet, which I wouldn't say is the peak of Spider-Man's capabilities by any means. I'll wait for Floopay to chime in before I call a winner but I do agree with most of your analysis. Thanks for the info.

I personally find Spider-Man overrated speed wise, but Catching a sniper rifle bullet is something I'd definitely say is Spider-Man level. And Danny's already kept pace with Spider-Man in a fight before.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wyldsong

@i_like_swords: Danny consistently fights at Spidey's level of speed, they are pretty evenly matched in combat speed. He has caught a sniper bullet last second, pretty consistent microsecond reaction feats, and like I said, building running:

Travel speed overall, Spidey would have him beat in the end, but combat speed wise, he is pretty darn close on a consistent basis, if not about even. Even while weakened, he was able to speed blitz a kinetic energy absorbing demon:

And while Drizzt is skilled, there is no arguing that, I can't think of anything he has done like the following, which shows serious skill:

No Caption Provided

I don't want to take away anything from Drizzt, and would back him for a majority of battles on these boards against various characters, but unless there is something I am forgetting, I don't think he can quite match up here. Danny's powers and skill set give him some heavy advantages in this fight. Even Danny has dodged a lightning attack from Fat Cobra before, and has dodged bullets last second, so forth and so on. Danny is legit my friend=)

Floopay may come in with something I am forgetting, it is possible, but Danny has even taken down dragons with his fists, and has one shot some heavy hitters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @wyldsong: I was not aware that it was a sniper bullet.. yep, Danny is legit. He should win.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@i_like_swords said:

Drizzt has dodged fireballs and lightning bolts from wizards, as well as avoided the breath of dragons. He can dodge AoE, that's nothing new for him.

The problem is speed. Not raw speed, as Drizzt's speed is magically enhanced, but in terms of reaction speed. I think Danny has better reaction speed, but Drizzt has versatility. He can globe around Danny's head, effectively nullifying his sight. Now, Danny can blind fight, but Drizzt can and has moved at full speed without making a sound. His Fearie Fire can make Danny believe he is on fire, even if nothing but a split second distraction, which is all the opening he needs. At this stage in his career Drizzt has over a half millennium of combat experience. Monks, very similar to Iron Fist, exist in the Forgotten Realms so Danny is really not anything Drizzt hasn't encountered before. Drizzt is very adept at learning how an opponent fights very quickly and exploiting split second openings. His magical blades can cut into the toughest hides of creatures like giants and demons. His morals are also looser than Danny's. He will go for a kill from the onset, whereas Danny may not. Danny has greater output, but is not as likely to use it. Still, with the output he has, he could potentially put Drizzt down in one or two blows.

This is a very close match up in all reality.

@wyldsong: Drizzt does have ranged attacks. He carries Taulmaril the Heartseeker, Cattie Brie's old bow, as standard since the beginning of the Transitions Trilogy. And that doesn't fire arrows, it fires bolts of lightning. Considerably faster than arrows. He also wears those bracers as anklets because his hands already move so incredibly fast that when he used the bracers of speed he actually became a worse fighter because he couldn't react to how fast his own hands moved. Hence, anklets. Oh, and Guenwyvar. This is Monk v Ranger essentially.

The fanboy in me says Drizzt, but I am trying to be neutral in my decision. I think Drizzt can pull a minor majority, because I find him to simply be a more adaptable fighter than Danny and will go harder faster than Rand. I understand the apprehension people will have here though, because the Forgotten Realms, as a whole, is a "less powered" universe than Marvel or DC.

I am enjoying the new Iron Fist series though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight is seeming more and more even with every comment. I'm just going to watch. :p

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Mmm... Drizzt.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Thanks for the info man.

If you're looking for something to read, there are 25 full-length Drizzt novels and a book of short stories. He is an incredible character. A man of moral fiber and intestinal fortitude. A philosopher warrior who uses violence as a last resort, but man when he unleashes the violence...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

If you're looking for something to read, there are 25 full-length Drizzt novels and a book of short stories. He is an incredible character. A man of moral fiber and intestinal fortitude. A philosopher warrior who uses violence as a last resort, but man when he unleashes the violence...

Doesn't sound like he's the best there is to me!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@wolverine08 said:

Doesn't sound like he's the best there is to me!

You're right, he's beyond measure.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: I want those. I want to read about this guy, seems extremely interesting

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@iragexcudder: He's got a great supporting cast too. An interesting, brutal, yet sympathetic arch-nemesis; interesting traveling companions; a plethora of other Drow.

I know @joygirl could go on and on about the awesomeness that is Jarlaxle Baenre.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wyldsong

@granitesoldier said:

Drizzt has dodged fireballs and lightning bolts from wizards, as well as avoided the breath of dragons. He can dodge AoE, that's nothing new for him.

The problem is speed. Not raw speed, as Drizzt's speed is magically enhanced, but in terms of reaction speed. I think Danny has better reaction speed, but Drizzt has versatility. He can globe around Danny's head, effectively nullifying his sight. Now, Danny can blind fight, but Drizzt can and has moved at full speed without making a sound. His Fearie Fire can make Danny believe he is on fire, even if nothing but a split second distraction, which is all the opening he needs. At this stage in his career Drizzt has over a half millennium of combat experience. Monks, very similar to Iron Fist, exist in the Forgotten Realms so Danny is really not anything Drizzt hasn't encountered before. Drizzt is very adept at learning how an opponent fights very quickly and exploiting split second openings. His magical blades can cut into the toughest hides of creatures like giants and demons. His morals are also looser than Danny's. He will go for a kill from the onset, whereas Danny may not. Danny has greater output, but is not as likely to use it. Still, with the output he has, he could potentially put Drizzt down in one or two blows.

This is a very close match up in all reality.

@wyldsong: Drizzt does have ranged attacks. He carries Taulmaril the Heartseeker, Cattie Brie's old bow, as standard since the beginning of the Transitions Trilogy. And that doesn't fire arrows, it fires bolts of lightning. Considerably faster than arrows. He also wears those bracers as anklets because his hands already move so incredibly fast that when he used the bracers of speed he actually became a worse fighter because he couldn't react to how fast his own hands moved. Hence, anklets. Oh, and Guenwyvar. This is Monk v Ranger essentially.

The fanboy in me says Drizzt, but I am trying to be neutral in my decision. I think Drizzt can pull a minor majority, because I find him to simply be a more adaptable fighter than Danny and will go harder faster than Rand. I understand the apprehension people will have here though, because the Forgotten Realms, as a whole, is a "less powered" universe than Marvel or DC.

I am enjoying the new Iron Fist series though.

And Danny's AoE is quite a bit different than dragon's breath (he pushed enough energy to one shot a helicarrier, which covered an area far larger than a fireball or Dragon's breath, Dragon's breath is a cone affect), and fireballs only cover a certain range, and the dodging feats don't really put him beyond Danny. Any dodging feat Drizzt pulled, Danny could replicate. The faerie fire trick might work on a novice...but against Danny, I just don't see it working out all that well..not enough to make a difference.

Also remember, Danny has trained to fight blind, so the globe of darkness would be useless. Not to mention, fireballs aren't all that special in D&D...human rogues lower level than Drizzt can dodge them (2nd level, they really aren't all that speedy)...

Taulmaril the Heartseeker enchanted the arrows it fired, and have been described as looking like crackling energy of white light. It didn't fire lightning bolts, it just enhanced the arrows damage and speed somewhat, not to lightning bolt levels. In the source material, there are plenty of items that enhance arrows in various ways, but nothing that gives the speed of energy.

http://www.comicvine.com/taulmaril-the-heartseeker/4055-51282/

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Taulmaril

As for the monks...Danny's chi manipulation is way above and beyond my friend. You can't compare Monk vs Ranger, because Danny can do far more with his chi and can do far more damage (besides, Drizzt is like a fighter/ranger/barbarian by official stats). Monks can't one shot a helicarrier, train, apache helicopter, giant mechs, Marvel Hercules, so on and so forth for starters=)

I'm not saying Drizzt won't put up a good fight, but Drizzt really isn't anything special compared to what Danny has faced either. Drizzt's swords would hurt if they cut and Drizzt's speed isn't beyond what Danny can deal with.

Sorry my friend, I don't agree=)

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: where can I pick these books up at or shall I search amazon?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight is seeming more and more even with every comment. I'm just going to watch. :p

I'll be honest, it could be a good fight, but I'm still backing Danny=)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@i_like_swords said:

I'll be honest, it could be a good fight, but I'm still backing Danny=)

Well, Danny is definitely top-tier. There's no shame in losing to him as far as street level/mid tier goes.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Danny's output against others is what you're ignoring. He's not doing "helicarrier" blows against people regularly. Ever. And that's a high end feat. Dragon's breath doesn't need to be as wide for it to be similar to Danny's chi. It's still no different compared to the high-end liches, Drow priestesses, or wizards of Forgotten Realms. Drow also have an innate mystical resistance. Will it work 100% on Danny's chi? Perhaps, as it's been shown that it is somewhat mystical in nature, and that gives him the ability to resistance some of that damage. Not to mention Danny's favorite chi energy type is fire, and Drizzt's piwafwi (Drow cloak) provides resistance to the elements. You say Faerie Fire wouldn't work unless it's a novice? Now you're assuming. Forgotten Realms is full of long-lived races that KNOW what Drow are and what abilities they have and it's worked on them. Danny has no clue what a Drow is so, yes, it will distract him if his skin randomly bursts into flame. It may only be a split second before he realizes it isn't burning him, but a split second is all Drizzt ever needs. Taulmaril enchants arrows to lightning. They smash through iron, steel, rock, armor...even enchanted arrows can't do that.

And again this could very easily become a 2v1 is Drizzt calls Guenwyvar. I think, my friend, you underestimate the skills of the drow. ;)

Still, Drizzt isn't walking away unscathed. Morals off? Danny would probably handle this with his "helicarrier punch", but this is morals on. That sort of output shouldn't even be in the debate, or he would've killed just about everyone he's fought since then.

@iragexcudder: I got mine from Barnes and Noble, but you can find them on Amazon as well. I get them in store though because I don't like paying for shipping if it can be avoided haha.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: I just remember threads getting locked when people brought up stuff regarding downloads and what not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wyldsong

@granitesoldier said:

@wyldsong: Danny's output against others is what you're ignoring. He's not doing "helicarrier" blows against people regularly. Ever. And that's a high end feat. Dragon's breath doesn't need to be as wide for it to be similar to Danny's chi. It's still no different compared to the high-end liches, Drow priestesses, or wizards of Forgotten Realms. Drow also have an innate mystical resistance. Will it work 100% on Danny's chi? Perhaps, as it's been shown that it is somewhat mystical in nature, and that gives him the ability to resistance some of that damage. Not to mention Danny's favorite chi energy type is fire, and Drizzt's piwafwi (Drow cloak) provides resistance to the elements. You say Faerie Fire wouldn't work unless it's a novice? Now you're assuming. Forgotten Realms is full of long-lived races that KNOW what Drow are and what abilities they have and it's worked on them. Danny has no clue what a Drow is so, yes, it will distract him if his skin randomly bursts into flame. It may only be a split second before he realizes it isn't burning him, but a split second is all Drizzt ever needs. Taulmaril enchants arrows to lightning. They smash through iron, steel, rock, armor...even enchanted arrows can't do that.

And again this could very easily become a 2v1 is Drizzt calls Guenwyvar. I think, my friend, you underestimate the skills of the drow. ;)

Still, Drizzt isn't walking away unscathed. Morals off? Danny would probably handle this with his "helicarrier punch", but this is morals on. That sort of output shouldn't even be in the debate, or he would've killed just about everyone he's fought since then.

Chi isn't fire my friend (the Iron Fist, not the flaming fist). Chi is chi, and if we do have to compare it to a Monk, then chi energy is different than magic, as magic resistance offers no protection versus a monks attacks (geez I am a geek). It just so happens Danny can project his chi, and Danny has even used his chi against magic. But we want to go the magic resistance route...Danny has punched aside magic attacks, drained magic and so on...his chi has been shown to be resistant to magic, of which Drizzt's globes of darkness and faerie fire are...even his weapons are magic, as is his panther.

And while he may not pull helicarrier level punches every single time, he has used AoEs often enough to be arguable, but is fast enough and can one shot Drizzt with less. Faerie fire...Danny has punched through trains that exploded around him, been doused in corrosive acids and kept fighting without issue, held on to glowing radiation emitting foes while glowing himself, so forth and so on. His skin has been put through the ringer, and I just don't see the faerie fire bothering him, especially since it causes no pain.

And while the arrow may be enchanted with an energy effect, it still isn't lightning my friend. It would hurt if it hit, and it can blow holes in things...but that is magic for you. Now, let me clarify the bringing up of the helicarrier punch...that wasn't to say he was going to use that kind of force. That was more for an example of an area he can cover, which is far more than a fireball in FR, which covers only a 20 foot radius spread. If Danny used an AoE (which has has quite a few times), he can cover an area far larger than that. So to be clear, the HC punch was not brought up for the force of the hit, it was brought up for the area it can cover. And for the dragon's breath weapon...even that can be dodged by low level rogues (lower than Drizzt). The cones vary, but for a huge dragon, the cone at it's widest is like 50 feet, maybe up to 70 feet for the largest dragon, which Danny has covered larger areas and it goes over a wide area not just a cone...

Morals on, Danny has killed with morals on before, if push comes to shove. He generally does not kill, but he has fought, overcome, and beaten many who were willing to kill when he didn't. It doesn't make him any less of a fighter. Drizzt is impressive, and I don't want to give the impression that he couldn't give a good fight, I just don't see him taking the fight over Danny, as I don't see any major advantages. Danny may not hit with the force to KO Hercules everytime, but being morals on, he isn't going to go easy on a guy coming at him with swords, or shooting magic arrows at him. This isn't someone he knows, and this is someone using magic with deadly weapons, and would probably look somewhat like a demon of some sort to anyone who has never seen a drow. I don't see morals as being a hindering, deciding thing here.

So to be clear, I do think Drizzt can give a good fight, but even with his panther, I still see Danny taking the majority. I can see where people would back Drizzt, I just don't fall on the same side of the fence as you do.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm didn't know talking about downloading books and whatnot was against the rules :P

Probably Danny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm didn't know talking about downloading books and whatnot was against the rules :P

It's because the site staff can get into serious copyright trouble if they appear to be endorsing piracy on their forums. If someone is going around on the most popular comic site on the internet leaving links for people to download new comics, for example, that could have an impact on sales, potentially get a book cancelled, and then the only person left responsible to pay for it is the site's staff who let the link stay up.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: That's fine to me if you think Danny wins, we don't often fall on different sides of the fence so I was debating for fun haha. I know chi is chi, but Danny's ranged or ApE attacks are usually channeled into some sort of element (typically fire) which is why Drizzt's cloak should provide protection. As for his innate resistance, it may or may not work, it really depends if Danny's abilities would fall under the "spell-like abilities" category (yes, I'm a geek too) as far as Realms rules go. That's something we could debate, but we'd be assuming at best since neither of us work at Marvel or Wizards of the Coast. Faeries Fire as well, think of it like this. I've had bullets land around me without flinching, but when my grill flares up I back off and sometimes call out in surprise. Its just a matter of what you're used to. Danny is used to the effects of the Iron Fist and it'seffects. He's not used to his skin bursting into blue/purple fire.

Like I said though, I just thought it'd be fun to debate since we often fall on the same side of the fence. I'll keep backing the Lone Drow here ;).

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Lol, I don't fault you for backing the lone drow bro=)

I still back Danny though=P

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@i_like_swords said:

I've read most of the Drizzt material. Modern Drizzt is among the very best swordsmen in the Forgotten Realms.

He blocks arrows and has timed a magical lightening attack. But Rand blocks bullets.

Both are among the best in their respective realms in hand to hand. Rand has abilities that grant area of effect and range. Drizzt is not prone to using either (and blinding Rand won't do overly much).

Both have far faster than normal reflexes (Rand's caught a bullet. Hard to beat that one).

Drizzt's defensive Mithril gear won't mean squat against Rand's blows. Granted, nor can Rand survive a solid hit with either twinkle or icingdeath. Drizzt's swords are as deadly as Rand's fists. I see this as a short fight. Flipping a coin at this point. Whoever lands the first blow. Edging towards Danny.

I2edShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By I2edShift

Spite thread. Iron Fists roflstomps.

I've read and own all 25'ish of R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt novels that have been published up to 2014.

Despite being probably the best swordsman in Fogotten Realms period, Drizzt is not a "superhero".

• His magical items are not that special as written besides his bow. 4e D&D stats him as a low-epic character though (a decent challenge for four 21st level characters), with +6 low-epic gear.
  • He's 5'4 & 140'ish pounds. He's not overly strong or super-human-fast and instead relies on his peak(ish) human agility & technical skill to win.

If Drizzt was instead decked out in some of the best armor, accessories, and weapons you could get from Faerun (regardless of price or availability), had been born with all 18's in his base stats, and was either a Demigod or Chosen of Melikki he'd have a chance.

(I'm reffering to "Chosen" as it related in 4th Edition D&D Epic Destiny's. Which basically means the exact same thing as Demigod, only with your new powers being derived through a divine being instead of yourself.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite thread. Iron Fists roflstomps.

I've read and own all 25'ish of R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt novels that have been published up to 2014.

Despite being probably the best swordsman in Fogotten Realms period, Drizzt is not a "superhero".

• His magical items are not that special as written besides his bow. 4e D&D stats him as a low-epic character though (a decent challenge for four 21st level characters), with +6 low-epic gear.
  • He's 5'4 & 140'ish pounds. He's not overly strong or super-human-fast and instead relies on his peak(ish) human agility & technical skill to win.

If Drizzt was instead decked out in some of the best armor, accessories, and weapons you could get from Faerun (regardless of price or availability), had been born with all 18's in his base stats, and was either a Demigod or Chosen of Melikki he'd have a chance.

(I'm reffering to "Chosen" as it related in 4th Edition D&D Epic Destiny's. Which basically means the exact same thing as Demigod, only with your new powers being derived through a divine being instead of yourself.)

he doesn't need to be a superhero in order to beat someone....

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway i say with drizzt's gear standard gear he would win. close but he would win.

Avatar image for luciustheeternal
LuciusTheEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LuciusTheEternal
cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By cdiddyman911

Fist 7/10

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i2edshift: Drizzt in the novels is far more impressove than Drizzt by game rules. Same with even some ultra-powerful mage like Elminster. Games rules and profiles are for game balance. Drizzt was in novels be for he was in the rulebook, and rulebooks aren't designed around this sort of translation. Meaning it doesn't matter what his stat numbers are, what matters is his speed in the novels.

Especially since Salvatore created him and is the be all for his canon.

I2edShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: 2nd, 3rd, and 3.5 edition D&D stats for him were a joke. 4th Edition is the only one that gets it remotely right when you look at how Drizzt is portrayed in the novels. Game stats are only relevant because they give some sort of indicator of how big of a threat Drizzt is in comparison to other creatures/characters.

Drizzt has been portrayed as arguably the best swordsman in Faerun with arguably 'peak human' reflexes, agility, and speed. He's not overly strong, durable, or has an extraordinary amount of stamina. He wins ALL of his fights through technical skill or through his companions help. He has better vision & hearing than humans due to his elven heritage, but that's really it. Besides his anklets & bow, none of his items are that impressive as they are written. His elven cloak is basically mundane, as is his magical mithral chainmail, Twinkle, and Icingdeath outside of it's vendetta against fire.

Drizzt is fighting someone who is physically superior to him in every way, his only advantage is his experience and the longer reach he has from his swords. I re-read Iron Fists profile here and I don't think it's a spite-thread (I thought he was super-human in several aspects, my mistake), I don't see Drizzt winning based on feats and the abilities that Iron Fist has.

Iron Fist 8/10.