User Lists: 0

In character pre AvX for Cyclops, fight takes place at a farm who wins

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm going with Team 2. Cyclops long range is much more widely effective then Gambits and also more accurate, he would then assists Wolverine in finishing Iron fist. But team 1 can still win if Logan and Cyclops argue as they usually do leaving them open for Kinetic explosive Cards.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darkbeam

bump

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 should win. Cyclops could solo if he get serious enough

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Iron Fist has Chi? If yes, i think he solo. If not, Team 2 win.

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team two most likely. Cyclops should be able to get the first strike in and that's probably all that will be needed.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Team 2 should take this. Cyclops is skilled in his own right in close quarters combat, so he could hold his own against anyone in Team 1 for a short period of time if they get too close. The way I see it, Wolverine will charge in while Cyclops (using his superior tactical skill-set) drops some suppressing optic blast fire to minimize Gambit and Iron Fist's offensive output on Logan. If the going gets tough, Scott could utilize his wide optic blasts to knock out Team 1. If Wolverine isn't jobbing, he could take out Iron Fist in an actual fight with his healing factor, adamantium claws, and experience. He's also dropped Danny in a sparring session before. Gambit should be taken down by Cyclops, and if not, Summers can hold his own until Wolverine is healed and back into the game.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

Team 2 8/10.

Chemistry and tactical ability definitely go to team 2. I tend to see Danny getting confronted by Logan while Scott eliminates the Cajun rather early in the fight. Scott's tactical ability when it comes to fighting the X-Men usually gives him that edge, so he knows Gambit's moves rather well. Logan's durability, claws and skill should be enough on his own to beat Danny in a very tough fight, but with Gambit down, now he has Scott firing at him in the background. He's gonna get overwhelmed. With that said, Gambit and IF are still both very agile and quick. Both can dodge an optic blast on a few occasions, so there might be the off chance Gambit does dodge a blast and gives Cyclops a card to back him. Danny is also skilled and fast enough to garner quite a few wins on Wolverine, but that fight should last longer than Gambit vs Scott in their quick draw fight.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@god_spawn: What happened to Scott after AvX? I see all the time people using pre-AvX and sort of... did he got screwed? Did he got a boost?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ghostravage: Kind of both. What happened was that because he wasn't a suitable Phoenix host, his powers were broken. So were Emma's, Magneto's, Colossus', and Magik, although Magik was the only one with a visible upgrade while everyone else's were wonky. Like Emma has little to no telepathy anymore but retains her diamond form. Magneto wasn't a host, but he got blasted by PF and his powers are severely weaker. Colossus looks like a jigsaw puzzle in between his armored and human form, so he wears a special dial that can change between both. Magik got stronger and absorbed the dimension of Limbo inside of her.

Now Scott, like I said has both,lost control of his blasts. He had some control over his blasts, but he was never able to completely shut them off. His optic blasts went into overdrive and started kicking his main visor off, hence the new one attached to a cowl to prevent it. Because of this, every time he shot his blasts, he would accidentally pour everything he had into them. Because of this, his blasts would be larger and also have these other parts of his beams that would fly all over the place, and just one of those blasts steering off from the main was shredding up the streets like tissue paper. The downside is that he wipes himself out. He either falls over or needs a few moments to recollect himself

Eventually Scott has seemed to have maintained better control. He's using his blasts without getting as tired, but the beams are still said to be larger and have that same effect with smaller ones branching off.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TL;DR, he has less control over his powers, but his blasts are much larger and have been implied to be stronger. The downside is he just gets tired quickly. But as of late, he has been recently gaining more control without completely nuking the place or getting tired, but he still fires larger versions of his regular blasts.

And just as a reminder, he isn't exactly welcomed in the hero world lately. A lot of his friendships have been destroyed post AvX, so whatever chemistry he might have with certain characters is all but gone unless under extreme circumstances such as the final fight in BoTA where him and Wolverine teamed to fight Xorna.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team 2.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Damn, i see... Thanks for the info mate.

On a side note, in the first big scan, the beams look like his controlling them or sort of... Are they just moving randomly or is he controlling them?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ghostravage: They just move randomly. That's what I was talking about how he has tinier beams branching off the main beam. They just spiral and contort whichever way.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why weak link Iron Fist like that? Gambit is useless. Iron Fist can take Cyclops and Wolverine but not with numbers,way I see it Gambit goes down early and leaves Danny by himself cause a 2 on 1 and Danny probably goes down.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jashro44

Team 2 8/10.

Chemistry and tactical ability definitely go to team 2. I tend to see Danny getting confronted by Logan while Scott eliminates the Cajun rather early in the fight. Scott's tactical ability when it comes to fighting the X-Men usually gives him that edge, so he knows Gambit's moves rather well. Logan's durability, claws and skill should be enough on his own to beat Danny in a very tough fight, but with Gambit down, now he has Scott firing at him in the background. He's gonna get overwhelmed. With that said, Gambit and IF are still both very agile and quick. Both can dodge an optic blast on a few occasions, so there might be the off chance Gambit does dodge a blast and gives Cyclops a card to back him. Danny is also skilled and fast enough to garner quite a few wins on Wolverine, but that fight should last longer than Gambit vs Scott in their quick draw fight.

I thought cyclops and Wolverines team work was hindered due to schism?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: I completely forgot about Schism. Regardless, they still both recently worked together in the final issue of BoTA despite their differences. I understand it is a different scenario since Xorna was a common threat, but I think at least Cyclops could play off what he knows of Wolverine without having to say anything.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I completely forgot about Schism. Regardless, they still both recently worked together in the final issue of BoTA despite their differences. I understand it is a different scenario since Xorna was a common threat, but I think at least Cyclops could play off what he knows of Wolverine without having to say anything.

I never read battle of the atom so I suppose if they did work together there team work should be fine.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: BoTA was meh, so I wouldn't bother getting it. But yeah, they should still be able to work together, but I wouldn't doubt they throw some insults each other's way. With that said, you think is gonna win?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 should win easily. Cyclops solos if they start off anywhere but point blank range.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: BoTA was meh, so I wouldn't bother getting it. But yeah, they should still be able to work together, but I wouldn't doubt they throw some insults each other's way. With that said, you think is gonna win?

I think a case can be made either way. All though to go over the reasons why I think team one can win since they are the under dogs here...

In terms of Gambit vs cyclops I think Cyclops is more accurate with his blasts however gambit is also fairly accurate in his own right. Gambit does benefit from being faster and more agile then cyclops so Gambit will be tougher to tag over all.Cyclops has studied the X-mens moves which he has shown to put to good use before but I think the same can be said for gambit:

In the above scans Gambit and storm are sparring and Gambit manages to kick storm off a ledge, and then she uses her powers to break her fall which Gambit knew she would do and tackles her. He was able to predict what she would do. I also recall being shown a scan of when gambit was fighting a nightcrawler robot he managed to predict its port. SO I think this shows that Gambit can predict his teammates moves to an extent similar to cyclops. Cyclops is probably better at it because thats pretty much his thing but Gambit will probably know that and will probably be able to predict cyclops to a degree. I think Cyclops advantages over Gambit aren't as big as the advantages gambit has on cyclops (agility, skill, reflexes, etc) so I think gambit can take cyclops for a majority.

As for wolverine vs iron fist I lean towards iron fist for a majority. All though its true Logans pain tolerance, healing, and adamantium skeleton means he can take a beating at the same time Danny's fighting style is more evasive. Logan has a tendency to tank attacks in character so all though he can take a bigger beating then Danny can in a fight at the same time he probably is going to be the one taking the bigger beating. Also Iron fist has shown some limited healing abilities before (he does need to meditate admittedly) so he might be able to recover from a few stabs (his healing isn't as good as wolverines so he can't take nearly as much damage but still). Iron fist has shown that he can meditate and fight at the same time so it is possible he can heal while fighting if needed. He also does have some range attacks which could be pretty helpful.

If it goes down the other way I think a fight between iron fist and cyclops its close however at the same time the winner will probably decided pretty quickly. Both are glass cannons. Either Danny closes the gap and its over or cyclops tags him. I think Danny can close the gap for a majority, and he also doesn't have to necessarily get into punching range considering that he does have some range attacks. The chi blasts are powerful enough to knock people flying a few feet so not sure if cyclops has the durability/pain tolerance to remain conscious after getting hit with a chi blast from what I have seen.

And then you have Gambit and wolverine. I don't see Gambit winning this fight, and I do believe wolverine is a pretty bad fight for him. It'll take a lot to drop Logan and Wolverine is fast and skilled enough to close the gap. However I think Gambit can stall him. I think Gambit gets that Logan is a bad fight for him which is probably why he used lady deathstrike simulation to distract wolverine. I can see him pretty much keeping his distance and just tossing cards at wolverine while iron fist and cyclops have there fight. He wont win but I think he can keep Logan occupied at least.

I don't know if team one will take a majority but I think they have a shot.

@mn_logan said:

Team 2 should win easily. Cyclops solos if they start off anywhere but point blank range.

I don't agree with that....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Wolverine008

Team 2.