In comics Besides Skyfathers who in character beats Thanos?

• 73 results
Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Perezite

I've seen a lot of Thanos wankery going on in these boards about bull puckey claims that he's low skyfather level and that it would take nothing less to beat his purple to blue (depending on the colorist) ass down.

Now, since I don't really buy into such bull puckey, I was wondering what character (in the medium of Western comics, which does not include Manga), baring Skyfathers, people with Celestial levels of power, and other beings who have ludicrously awesome power, who, in character, would put ol' Purple Puss down.

By down, I obviously mean knock out or other wise incapacitate him to the point where, even though he's barred from death's realm, he still wouldn't be able to do much in the land of the living (like Knock him out or sever his still talking head and use it as a decoration).

By the way, what happens if you cut Thanos into little pieces? Does he die and respawn/resurrect by death kicking him out (IE, a form of Immortality)? Does he still stay alive and reform? Does he still stay alive but can't reform? What?

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA can

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@xxgin said:

TOAA can

The OP says besides Skyfathers, and TOAA is far beyond the power of Skyfathers.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin said:

TOAA can

The OP says besides Skyfathers, and TOAA is far beyond the power of Skyfathers.

Unless those Skyfathers are from a different Universe where they still maintain the title, but are even more powerful than the TOAA like the one I just made up. :D

Also, I said, and I'm quoting here (pay attention to the bolded words), just to avoid any possible confusion that people may have concerning whether or not I only mentioned Skyfathers:

baring Skyfathers, people with Celestial levels of power, and other beings who have ludicrously awesome power, who, in character, would put ol' Purple Puss down.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

I think Dr. Doom can beat him given enough prep.

Oh, and Arm Fall Off Boy. Definently Arm Fall Off Boy.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos as far as my knowledge has never been cut to little pieces besides the Drax saga (PIS) where he got his heart ripped out...pretty much anyone below high level skyfather beings can not even harm him due to enchantment via death, mysticism, superior tech as well as his own Eternal mutation...Thanos is virtually immortal until Death says otherwise...

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Dr. Doom can beat him given enough prep.

Oh, and Arm Fall Off Boy. Definently Arm Fall Off Boy.

Dude...don't give me that prep BS. If Prep was a person, I'd punch him or her in the face.

Also, to that second one, that was funny.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to stick with Marvel folks, since that's what universe he's in.

Franklin Richards

Well fed Galactus

Rune King Thor

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Perezite

@capall2 said:

Thanos as far as my knowledge has never been cut to little pieces besides the Drax saga (PIS) where he got his heart ripped out...pretty much anyone below high level skyfather beings can not even harm him due to enchantment via death, mysticism, superior tech as well as his own Eternal mutation...Thanos is virtually immortal until Death says otherwise...

Why was that PIS?

Also, how can he react to something coming at him at 100 times the speed of light...for ten meters away.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@gav said:

Franklin Richards

Well fed Galactus

Rune King Thor

God damn it, DID EVERYONE here fail reading comprehension in grade school?

Calm down bro. This is a comic forum, not life and death.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@gav said:

Franklin Richards

Well fed Galactus

Rune King Thor

I'm not really sure about anything when it comes to Marvel but aren't RK Thor and Galactus somewhere around the Skyfather level? And can't Franklin just erase him from existance without even getting out of bed or something?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Perezite

@gav said:

@perezite said:

@gav said:

Franklin Richards

Well fed Galactus

Rune King Thor

Calm down bro. This is a comic forum, not life and death.

Speak for yourself, and only yourself, brah.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: it was pis since Drax was destined to accomplish this feat...otherwise Drax would be another chump compared to Thanos...the thing about Thanos is that he doesn't need to react to anything since he has the ability to tank most forms of attacks up to and including some attacks even from abstracts such as Galactus...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wally West, Professor Zoom, Zoom, The Rival.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2 said:

@perezite: it was pis since Drax was destined to accomplish this feat...otherwise Drax would be another chump compared to Thanos...the thing about Thanos is that he doesn't need to react to anything since he has the ability to tank most forms of attacks up to and including some attacks even from abstracts such as Galactus...

If by tank, you mean get his ass handed to him, then yes. He certainly CAN tank attacks from abstracts. Trolol. Lolo. Lolol.

Question: wasn't Wolverine's Adamantium enough to pierce through him once. I specifically remember a scene from Infinity Gauntlet where Wolverine has what LOOKS like a moment of awesome where he saves everybody by stabbing Thanos through the chest...but it doesn't work since, with the power of the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos willed himself to still be kicking after that attack or something along those lines.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West, Professor Zoom, Zoom, The Rival.

What's the difference between Professor Zoom and Zoom? Also, who is the Rival?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By laflux

@perezite: Its not really such a grand claim when Odin had to summon his enchanted spear to defeat him, declared him a worthy opponent, and said he's drawing from a power source to rival his. Nor considering with a single blast he was able to send a fed Galactus waltzing out of his ship, and hurdling across a planet like a skipping stone. And while Galactus didn't sustain any damage apart from having his hair singed- you have to consider that an amped God-Blast from Thor didn't even move Galan. Or the fact that Galactus had to exert enough effort in penetrating his Shield's to the point were he drained himself. Or even the fact that Thanos was able to casually manipulate the molecules of someone who survived the explosion of a Gas giant with no harm whatsoever. What about the weakest version of Thanos effortlessly beating down a Star-Buster and destroying a planet in the process. Or killing an Abstract with a blast which "Made the Universe Scream"?

I don't think the Claim of calling Thanos a low level Skyfather is so far-fetched when you consider he has better feats than Zeus.

With that being said, Tao could beat Thanos. Possibly............

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: no by tank means he has the ability to absorb it without too much damage...tbh I don't recall Logan stabbing Thanos, and even if this specific incident occured it's less than likely that Thanos would be hurt by this form of method since Logan is a ant compared to Thanos even without the IG...

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2 said:

@perezite: no by tank means he has the ability to absorb it without too much damage...tbh I don't recall Logan stabbing Thanos, and even if this specific incident occured it's less than likely that Thanos would be hurt by this form of method since Logan is a ant compared to Thanos even without the IG...

So...you canllyourself a fan and knowledgeable person on Thanos...yet you never read Infinity Gauntlet...probably THE MOST iconic and memorable story featuring Purple Puss...

God...I wish I could knock on your forehead like I would a door over the internet and shout out, "HELLO!"

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Perezite

@capall2 said:
No Caption Provided

Anyways, here's the scan from IG.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: wtf? Now you are just being a moron resorting to childish antics...who said I haven't read the arc? Who said I was a fan and knowledgeable on Thanos? You asked a question so I replied to mu knowledge out of memory amd you want to act like a donkey? Take it as you will kid...lmao

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By capall2

@perezite: wtf does that scans suppose to prove? That your hero Logan is capable of hurting Thanos? Time to wake up from your dreams...lmao

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2 said:

@perezite: wtf does that scans suppose to prove? That your hero Logan is capable of hurting Thanos? Time to wake up from your dreams...lmao

Dude, I don't have any heroes, real or fictional, and if I did, Logan's pretty close to the bottom of the damn barrel.

What that scan did prove was that your hero, Thanos, isn't as durable as you thought he was if a dude with barely superhuman abilities lunging at him with adamantium was able to deal a fatal blow to him if he didn't have his magical universal chochkey of the weak on.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: wtf are you on? It must be pretty good stuff...Thanos has withstood much worse u donkey...if you truly think Logan is capable of putting a hurt on Thanos you are more sick in the head than I imagined...lmao...what ever you are on isn't improving your brain cells...get off it and get off Logan's d!&#...I'm done with your non sense...

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite:Also, who is the Rival?

He was the Golden age equivalent to the Reverse Flash. He (back during WWII) was absorbed into the Speed Force after a battle with Jay Garrick where he remained trapped until being freed by Johnny Sorrow to join his Injustice Society in the 21st century. His body is now composed entirely of Speed Force Energy. He also has an insatiable hatred for Jay Garrick (in specific) and the Flash Family (in general).

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cybrilious4

I pick Perun!

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAO

Zoom

Wally West

H/P Doomsday

Mister Majestic(Maybe)

Fernus (Maybe)

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By New_World_Order

Magik or Ghost Rider.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally beating Thanos, lol. You Flash fan-boys are funny, thanks for the laugh!

Avatar image for godemperorofmankind
GodEmperorOfMankind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn`t Void be able to beat him?

And Plutonian?

Argothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel girl beat him

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superboy prime

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@argothor: Squirrel girl beat him

Yes she did. But i'm starting to think she's the Living Tribunal's little sister or something...

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav:

Yes because everyone is a fanboy because they think "X Character can beat Y Character"......

Avatar image for hulk_smashes_everyone
Hulk_Smashes_Everyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, Squirrel girl, Hulk

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wardemon32

@hulk_smashes_everyone:

Hulk lost to Thanos a couple times. World Breaker Hulk, or possibly Mindless Hulk, or War Hulk

Avatar image for hulk_smashes_everyone
Hulk_Smashes_Everyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franklin Richards

Magik

The Runner

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck:Franklin Richards

Frank is WAYYYY too gangsta for the OP, mon ami. But yeah, he would.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By XxGin

@perezite said:

@xxgin said:

TOAA can

Dude...did you even bother to read what I said? Or did you just flunk kindergarten because your parents dropped you on the head when you were a child?

Well I thought you meant the mythological Zeus.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@gav said:

Franklin Richards

Well fed Galactus

Rune King Thor

Calm your bloody tits it's just a battle forum.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one in character below skyfather level is beating Thanos sans PIS/WIS. He's too durable, too powerful, and too intelligent. Not to mention he's immortal in every sense of the word. Thanos pre-Bendis screwery(without the HOTU/IG) slapping around the likes of Surfer, Thor, and Hulk with ease. He was giving Odin IN ASGARD a run for his money(albeit he lost but still) and Galactus himself admitted he had to exert some effort to pierce Thanos's shields which are a standard part of his equipment. Traveling through different dimensions has little effect on Thanos and he will ALWAYS revert back to his original form while maintaining his base self. So not only is he insanely powerful and durable but matter manipulation will have a rather difficult time effecting him. That's disregarding his cosmic order intelligence over his long life as well as peering into the infinity well. There's no one, and I mean NO ONE, below Skyfather level who's topping him.

This isn't even talking about him killing a baby abstract named Rot and making the "universe scream". Thanos is nothing to sneeze at or screw with without immense amounts of prep and someone backing you who's low skyfather level. At least have a few herald level characters with you.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I can't see anyone besides Ghost Rider beating Thanos below Skyfather lvl...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2 said:

Considering Logan's claws are made out of a Material which cannot be Broken by pure force, I don't think being penetrated by them is bad showing. Logan Claws has scored Hulk's skin, Thor, Gladiator's- all characters which can survive in space and tank planet-busting attacks.

That being said, Logan wouldn't have an ice-cube in hell's chance of putting Thanos down even if the two fought H2H only.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godemperorofmankind:

Void?

Hell no.

Plutonian?

Most of his high-end powers are purely hypothetical.

On topic, I'd say Whis from DBZ could.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers