Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Static Shock says:

"Vlad Tepes Dracula says:
"
Post Edited:2008-05-28 14:44:43"

And that would effect Johnny's Supernova flame as how?"

It all depends on who does their trump card first. Iceman is capable of it. He was able to freeze the Louvre and some flame guy in a few seconds.

I'm sure Iceman would freeze Human Torch before he would even try that....

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

Granted he is given those powers that he can nullify ALL thermical mutational powers... Wouldn't that effect him aswell? huh? huh!? xP

Do you have anything to prove that it would effect him?

"

"He can control chemical reactions that involve heat exchanges" so if he unlocks that powers he nullifies not only their powers, but his aswell as "Cold" is a heat exchange as is "Hot" :P

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love fighting fire with fire ^,^

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Ebony Bishop

If he's using his powers, it's impossible that he's nullifying them, otherwise he would no longer be using them, and chemical reactions would no longer be nullified.

He's controlling the heat exchange, not nullifying it. Meaning he's consciously keeping Sunfire from using his fire, by controlling the chemical reaction. If he can control it, he should still be able to use his powers.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deleted.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebony Bishop says:

"If he's *using* his powers, it's impossible that he's nullifying them, otherwise he would no longer be using them, and chemical reactions would no longer be nullified.He's *controlling* the heat exchange, not nullifying it. Meaning he's consciously keeping Sunfire from using his fire, by controlling the chemical reaction. If he can control it, he should still be able to use his powers."

Why do you think hes not fighting Sunfire in that scan then? He OBVIOUSLY must be around close or else he couldnt nullify his powers.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Static Shock

Ebony Bishop says:

"If he's *using* his powers, it's impossible that he's nullifying them, otherwise he would no longer be using them, and chemical reactions would no longer be nullified.He's *controlling* the heat exchange, not nullifying it. Meaning he's consciously keeping Sunfire from using his fire, by controlling the chemical reaction. If he can control it, he should still be able to use his powers."

Thank You...

And for you, Vlad. To let you know that Iceman can reach absolute zero with no problems, he freezes an enemy against a mountain, and it eventually reaches absolute zero, even while Storm envelops the mountain with equatorial heat...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Why do you think hes not fighting Sunfire in that scan then? He OBVIOUSLY must be around close or else he couldnt nullify his powers."

What? There is no obviousness in that. Iceman could be doing anything while that was happening. You sound as if you haven't read the comic, so cannot make that claim.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Korg

Aside from all the other reasons given for why Iceman wins this, I'd just like to say that your eyeballs contain quite a bit of moisture. Iceman could freeze/vaporize/dehydrate them in a fraction of a second. He could then use aforementioned methods to pick off his now blind opponents. If Iceman was a ruthless villain, he would be one of the most dangerous people on the planet.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Ebony Bishop says:

Why do you think hes not fighting Sunfire in that scan then? He OBVIOUSLY must be around close or else he couldnt nullify his powers."

Yes, he is close. Cannonball and Iceman were both there. The context of Cannonball's speech shows why Iceman isn't fighting -- Sam is holding a grudge, and wants to deal with the now depowered Sunfire himself. It's far more obvious when you read the comic.

And Iceman is evolving by leaps and bounds, and killing enemies like crazy lately, simply by draining the moisture from them. Bobby Drake is a bad ass!

(Never thought I'd type that...)

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"Ebony Bishop says:

Thank You...

And for you, Vlad. To let you know that Iceman can reach absolute zero with no problems, he freezes an enemy against a mountain, and it eventually reaches absolute zero, even while Storm envelops the mountain with equatorial heat...

"

Read the top right of your scan, plus storm isnt here to give Iceman an advantage.

@Korg: you might think of such things, but did he EVER? No, than why would he think of it now?

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"Why do you think hes not fighting Sunfire in that scan then? He OBVIOUSLY must be around close or else he couldnt nullify his powers."

What? There is no obviousness in that. Iceman could be doing anything while that was happening. You sound as if you haven't read the comic, so cannot make that claim."

And you sound like you did and therefore can claim that he did?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Read the top right of your scan, plus storm isnt here to give Iceman an advantage."

What that monster says has nothing to with anything. And, Storm doesn't have to be here to give him an advantage. He can still reach absolute zero under his own power.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Static Shock says:
"Ebony Bishop says:
"If he's *using* his powers, it's impossible that he's nullifying them, otherwise he would no longer be using them, and chemical reactions would no longer be nullified. He's *controlling* the heat exchange, not nullifying it. Meaning he's consciously keeping Sunfire from using his fire, by controlling the chemical reaction. If he can control it, he should still be able to use his powers."
Thank You... And for you, Vlad. To let you know that Iceman can reach absolute zero with no problems, he freezes an enemy against a mountain, and it eventually reaches absolute zero, even while Storm envelops the mountain with equatorial heat... "
Read the top right of your scan, plus storm isnt here to give Iceman an advantage. @Korg: you might think of such things, but did he EVER? No, than why would he think of it now? "
What advantage did Storm give Bobby? Cause as far as temperature goes, they both can reach absolute zero.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"And you sound like you did and therefore can claim that he did?"

I don't know what happened in that comic, and I never claimed that I knew, nor did I sound like as if I knew. Since we both don't know, the idea is tossed out of the window.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebony Bishop says:

"Ebony Bishop says:

Why do you think hes not fighting Sunfire in that scan then? He OBVIOUSLY must be around close or else he couldnt nullify his powers."

Yes, he is close. Cannonball and Iceman were both there. The context of Cannonball's speech shows why Iceman isn't fighting -- Sam is holding a grudge, and wants to deal with the now depowered Sunfire himself. It's far more obvious when you read the comic.

And Iceman is evolving by leaps and bounds, and killing enemies like crazy lately, simply by draining the moisture from them. Bobby Drake is a bad ass!

(Never thought I'd type that...)

"

http://www.comicvine.com/comic/x-men/10731/111931/&i=3175

I have it laying infront of me im gonna read it and post scans in a sec

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"And you sound like you did and therefore can claim that he did?"

I don't know what happened in that comic, and I never claimed that I knew, nor did I sound like as if I knew. Since we both don't know, the idea is tossed out of the window."

You wish girlfriend ;)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Static Shock

White Mage says:

" What advantage did Storm give Bobby? Cause as far as temperature goes, they both can reach absolute zero."

Thank you. Clearly, Storm was using equatorial heat here, and Iceman was able to reach absolute zero, despite that. Whether Storm is there or not, it would have been the same outcome.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Static Shock says:
"Ebony Bishop says:
"If he's *using* his powers, it's impossible that he's nullifying them, otherwise he would no longer be using them, and chemical reactions would no longer be nullified. He's *controlling* the heat exchange, not nullifying it. Meaning he's consciously keeping Sunfire from using his fire, by controlling the chemical reaction. If he can control it, he should still be able to use his powers."
Thank You... And for you, Vlad. To let you know that Iceman can reach absolute zero with no problems, he freezes an enemy against a mountain, and it eventually reaches absolute zero, even while Storm envelops the mountain with equatorial heat... "
theres a couple of scans missing if theres anything in there we should know... if not I'll get that one as well :P"
I have the full fight. Would ya'll like me to post it?
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Post Deleted.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"You wish girlfriend ;)"

Just post the scans of the comic if you have it, smart guy... Instead of being a sarcastic @$$.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"Ebony Bishop says:

Thank You...

"

theres a couple of scans missing if theres anything in there we should know... if not I'll get that one as well :P

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Static Shock

White Mage says:

"I have the full fight. Would ya'll like me to post it?"

Even if you post it, it won't change a thing. Fact is, Iceman can reach absolute zero by himself.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"You wish girlfriend ;)"

Just post the scans of the comic if you have it, smart guy... Instead of being a sarcastic @$$."

Dont get all pissy :P

@WM: yeah

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Dont get all pissy :P "

Not getting angry. Just saying...

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Static Shock says:

"White Mage says:
" What advantage did Storm give Bobby? Cause as far as temperature goes, they both can reach absolute zero. "
Thank you. Clearly, Storm was using equatorial heat here, and Iceman was able to reach absolute zero, despite that. Whether Storm is there or not, it would have been the same outcome."
Exactly. They are both elementals with vast power. Storm actually DIDN'T give Bobby any kind of advantage. Unless you're talking about her flying him, and even then. Bobby can use insane cold powers on his own.
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverSurfa says:

"Iceman vs HumanTorch, Match, Pyro, Nova and Sunfire"

HAHA! wait wait wait wait... i oversaw something here, Nova is in this. Iceman definitly looses

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#78  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Iceman wins. The many reasons and methods can be found not only in this thread but in the Kill Iceman one (or the many Iceman vs insert fire character threads). And Static, Bobby didn't actually reach absolute zero in the image you posted. He says "virtually absolute zero" so it's not really that temperature, just close enough that it might as well be. It's not the only time he's gotten close and maybe he's done it at other times, but he didn't do it there. Another time he actually did reach absolute zero but he had help from the Human Torch, so with HT (and others) working against him I don't know if he'd be able to in this fight. But that's not the only way he can win.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Buckshot says:

"Iceman wins. The many reasons and methods can be found not only in this thread but in the Kill Iceman one (or the many Iceman vs *insert fire character* threads). And Static, Bobby didn't actually reach absolute zero in the image you posted. He says "**virtually** absolute zero" so it's not really that temperature, just close enough that it might as well be. It's not the only time he's gotten close and maybe he's done it at other times, but he didn't do it there. Another time he actually did reach absolute zero but he had help from the Human Torch, so with HT (and others) working against him I don't know if he'd be able to in this fight. But that's not the only way he can win."

There he is! Heh heh...now it feels like the "Kill Iceman" thread again!

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#80  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

No more multi-page excerpts from comics.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"Another time he actually did reach absolute zero but he had help from the Human Torch, so with HT (and others) working against him I don't know if he'd be able to in this fight. But that's not the only way he can win."

Wouldn't still be possible for him to reach it, though? I know about the time Human Torch helped him reach that temperature to stop a bomb, but he helped him only because he would be able to reach Absolute zero faster than he would under his own power.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah and btw i got the issue, now lets take a close look at the very first pages shall we?

So basically Mystique on her own can bring down Bobby without problems, while Four high powered heroes can't? sorry if not seeing it. (in the slightest)

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

"No more multi-page excerpts from comics."

kk

@WM: Unfair O rly :P

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IF he didnt use his icepowers then, what makes you so sure he will in this fight? (i know about over top but hey ;) )

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

So basically Mystique on her own can bring down Bobby without problems, while Four high powered heroes can't? sorry if not seeing it. (in the slightest)"

You do know why she was able to do that, right? She mentioned a neural inhibitor in her lipstick. She kissed him before they fought, so he wouldn't be able to use his powers later on. What if we opened a battle thread with those two in it now? Are you gonna say that Mystique would kiss him with neural inhibitor in his lipstick for the win? Clearly she did that for the story. Iceman wouldn't have a problem with any other time, and Mystique wouldn't stand a chance. These scans don't mean anything.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Post Deleted.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Static Shock

White Mage says:

"P.S. I thought Iceman could reach absolute zero on his own? If he can't, then this is news to me. "

He can, but without outside help, it would take longer for him to accomplish.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Buckshot says:
"No more multi-page excerpts from comics."
kk @WM: Unfair O rly :P"
Mystique was using a mutant nullfier. Iceman would not be the first extremely powerful mutant to get taken down by one of those. If mutants knew that their enemies had nullifiers, I believe the more powerful ones wouldn't rush in to just fight them, but more like pick them off, as Iceman could've EASILY done to Mystique.
Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Okay, I'm assuming by the title of this thread that it's not Richard Rider Nova, but Frankie Raye Nova.

And Iceman doesn't have a "nullifying" power, he has the power to control thermal reactions...so he just chooses to control those that aren't his, and he's fine.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Oh, sorry, dont have the before issue. But as i said, if he does use those powers, he should not be able to fully concentrate on his, and likely that it will nullify his powers as well. so we're talking about the same scenario as we would have here, if he decided to use his nullifying powers, but not against one, against 4. Plus Nova who has the entire Nova force in him and isn't effected by that Thermal Nullyfing power."

There's nothing that says he can't use his powers while nullifying someone elses.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

So basically Mystique on her own can bring down Bobby without problems, while Four high powered heroes can't? sorry if not seeing it. (in the slightest)"

You do know why she was able to do that, right? She mentioned a neural inhibitor in her lipstick. She kissed him before they fought, so he wouldn't be able to use his powers later on. What if we opened a battle thread with those two in it now? Are you gonna say that Mystique would kiss him with neural inhibitor in his lipstick for the win? Clearly she did that for the story. Iceman wouldn't have a problem with any other time, and Mystique wouldn't stand a chance. These scans don't mean anything."

Oh, sorry, dont have the before issue. But as i said, if he does use those powers, he should not be able to fully concentrate on his, and likely that it will nullify his powers as well. so we're talking about the same scenario as we would have here, if he decided to use his nullifying powers, but not against one, against 4. Plus Nova who has the entire Nova force in him and isn't effected by that Thermal Nullyfing power.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Static Shock

Ebony Bishop says:

"Okay, I'm assuming by the title of this thread that it's not Richard Rider Nova, but Frankie Raye Nova.And Iceman doesn't have a "nullifying" power, he has the power to control thermal reactions...so he just chooses to control those that aren't his, and he's fine."

It's Frankie Raye. Hence the title. Fire Mutants. Richard Ryder isn't in this...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Static Shock

Dude, It's Frankie Raye. Not Richard Ryder. He isn't in the fight....

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
"Okay, I'm assuming by the title of this thread that it's not Richard Rider Nova, but Frankie Raye Nova.And Iceman doesn't have a "nullifying" power, he has the power to control thermal reactions...so he just chooses to control those that aren't his, and he's fine."

well, excuse me, but that does prove he has to concentrate on something, and probably cant use his full potential while doing so."

Um, why, exactly would he not be at full potential is he's concentrating on something. He concentrates on stopping any heat transfers from the people he's fighting. No fires. If you concentrate on something, doesn't that mean you're focused on it, and more likely to put more effort into it?

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebony Bishop says:

well, excuse me, but that does prove he has to concentrate on something, and probably cant use his full potential while doing so.

@Static Shock: OR vice versa ;)

Plus, stop beating around the bush, I was bringing up Nova, so if you people can tell me how Bobby's gonna defeat those 3 with nova id be glad to listen. (a believable scenario please)

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Static Shock says:
"Dude, It's Frankie Raye. Not Richard Ryder. He isn't in the fight...."

OH! blushes... i knew that xP

anyways... okay okay, iceman may be in favour here, but one last point before i give up, can Bobby effect more than one mutant at a time with those powers?"

He's not affecting the individual, he's affecting the chemical reaction that causes heat transfer -- I would assume by not allowing the molecules involved to speed up, causing heat. That's more of an area of affect power.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

anyways... okay okay, iceman may be in favour here, but one last point before i give up, can Bobby effect more than one mutant at a time with those powers?

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebony Bishop says:

"Static Shock says:

anyways... okay okay, iceman may be in favour here, but one last point before i give up, can Bobby effect more than one mutant at a time with those powers?"

He's not affecting the individual, he's affecting the chemical reaction that causes heat transfer -- I would assume by not allowing the molecules involved to speed up, causing heat. That's more of an area of affect power."

So then it does effect his to, heat exchange does involve Cold as Hot as i stated before your telling me what i said before

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Would "as much" matter? If he stops fire from being possible, he's got a bunch of regular humans in front of him. It would take a fraction of his abilities to freeze them solid, from the inside out.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebony Bishop says:

"Ebony Bishop says:

well, excuse me, but that does prove he has to concentrate on something, and probably cant use his full potential while doing so."

Um, why, exactly would he not be at full potential is he's concentrating on something. He concentrates on stopping any heat transfers from the people he's fighting. No fires. If you concentrate on something, doesn't that mean you're focused on it, and more likely to put more effort into it?

"

what i ment was, if he concentrate on the thermal nullifying power, i dont think he can concentrate on his main ice skills as much