Hunger Games: Nightcrawler (ashrym) VS Percy Jackson (supremegeneration)

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First Annual Comicvine Hunger Games
First Annual Comicvine Hunger Games

Hunger Games CAV

Rules

• Battle takes place in an island chain surrounded by water. Opponents start 5m apart.
  • In character, though will kill their enemy once beaten.
  • Each user is allowed 3 posts. These posts can take whichever form (Intro, General Post, Closer) they so choose, there is no set type of post needed, just the number.
  • Users must post within two days or else they forfeit. Speed is necessary here.
  • Voting is set to first to 8 or most within 3 days.
  • Please let the debaters debate.
  • Remember, the more votes against you, the more damage you will sustain for the rest of The Games.
  • You can petition voters to be your patron if you win the match.

Contestants

@ashrym - Nightcrawler

Carrying - 3 sharpened wood clubs, 5 Bamfs, Scavengers drawn via bodies

VS

@supremegeneration - Percy Jackson

Carrying - 1 AGL arms.45 long colt (2 Clips), Spartan Sword and Shield, Sea Wild Life

Note* Nightcrawler has prepped, using bodies to draw in more predators. 6 Raptors will be roaming around the battlefield, attacking all in their vicinity.

No Caption Provided

May the odds be ever in your favour!

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: Same as before, how far is Percy from water?

Also I said to drop the gun (and Spidey2099's body) in the water to offer to Poseidon and maybe get like an amp or something (least likely).

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym Well played. But why attack the son of the sea near the sea?

Anywho, you wanna go first or me?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
@supremegeneration said:

@ashrym Well played. But why attack the son of the sea near the sea?

Anywho, you wanna go first or me?

You can go first. :)

Should be up later/tomorrow.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

T4v

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: Perfecto. Also, are there things like seashells or fossils that might've had water nearby?

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

Perseus Jackson

No Caption Provided

Mini-Bio

Percy Jackson was 12 when he discovered he was the son of Poseidon, god of the sea. He embarked on a quest to prevent the Third World War (Olympian style) and has since grown to be the most powerful demigod of the century.

"Percy is the most powerful demigod I've ever met. No offense to you guys, but it's true." -- House of Hades

-- Nico Di Angelo, son of Hades. Nico has been to Camp Half-Blood, the Greek demigod residence, and Camp Jupiter, the Roman demigod residence. He's met Jason, son of Jupiter - Hazel, daughter of Pluto - Bianca, daughter of Hades - and Thalia, daughter of Zeus. He's spent a lot of time in the Underworld as well. He's basically met all the most powerful demigods of this time, and considers Percy the most powerful demigod.

Until that morning, [Hazel's] brother Nico had been the most powerful demigod she knew... But she knew Nico was more dangerous than Reyna, or Octavian, or maybe even Jason.

Then she'd met Percy.

At first, when she saw him stumbling up the highway with the old lady in his arms, Hazel thought he might be a god in disguise. Even though he was beat up, dirty, and stooped with exhaustion, he'd had an aura of power. -- Son of Neptune

-- Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto. Percy stumbled upon the Roman camp, and Hazel confused Percy for a god due to his aura of power.

Powers + Abilities

• Amazing fighting skills
  • Hydrokinesis
    • Hydrogenesis
    • Underwater breathing
    • Healing Factor
    • Underwater communication
  • Atmokinesis

Gear

YES! A SWORD! and a shield! BUT A SWORD NONE-THE-STINKING-LESS! According to Spector it's something like this:

No Caption Provided

Looks like a balanced sword. Percy's going to wreck everything :). Now that we have Riptide and are completely healed thanks to the water, Nightcrawler better out and I'm telling you why: Percy's wrecking! THE HOUSE!

Strategy

My strategy is indeed very simple. It consists of what most strategies w/ Percy would consist of. He'll summon the water in all around the forest, and drown Nightcrawler. Let's look at the pro's and cons:

• Percy can breathe underwater, and gains multiple amps.
  • If Nightcrawler teleports high above he'll fall to his sudden death.
  • The scavengers will all die along w/ Nightcrawler.
  • Percy has his sword this time, so the instance with 2099 isn't going to be repeated.

What makes me think he can do this before Nightcrawler telespams Percy?

First off, by Spector's own admission, there are tiny fossils, seashells, and the like nearby. Percy has shown to be capable of taking water out of these things.

"I looked at the little calcified seashells in my palm, then at the huge mountain of dung.

Frustrated, I threw the shell into the poop...I looked down where I thrown the shell. A tiny spout of water was shooting into the muck...Hesitantly, I stepped toward the fence. "Get bigger," I told the waterspout.

SPOOOOOOOSH!

Water shoot three feet into the air and kept bubbling..It was seawater in the middle of a Texas Ranch. I scooped up another handful of dirt and picked out the shell fossils. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I ran around the length of the stable, throwing shells into the dung pills. Everywhere a shell hit, a saltwater spring erupted..."More!" I yelled.

There was a tugging sensation in my gut, and the waterspouts exploded like the world's largest carwash. Salt water shot twenty feet into the air. The horses went crazy, running back and forth as geysers sprayed them from all directions. Mountains of poop began to melt like ice.."Stop" I told the water." -- Battle of the Labyrinth.

Here Percy shows he is perfectly capable of controlling water within seashells. He can bring them to heights that seem a bit crazy for tiny seashells. Sure, they were only used to take out poop poop. hehe but Percy's water powers are instant, as shown in the quote, and even if Nightcrawler's first action is to teleport at Percy with his clubs swinging I doubt it would work. Percy's been shown to deflect bullets:

"And I charged.

The first skeleton fired. Time slowed down. I won't say I could see the bullet, but I could feel its path, the same way I felt currents in the ocean. I deflected it off the edge of my blade and kept charging." -- Titan's Curse

Context: Immortal goddess in danger, rescue party sent, skeletons with guns. Got it? Got it. Percy's managed to deflect a bullet, which is probably the best reaction feat in the entire Riordanverse.

Now, even if you somehow manage to debunk this entire premise of a strategy, Percy can also summon the ocean to him.

"I ran toward them, jumping past duels, weaving between the legs of the giants. The nearest water was the creek, half a mile away... but I had to do something. I concentrated. There was a pull in my gut, a roar in my ears. Then a wall of water came rushing through the trees. It doused the fire, Juniper, Grover, and pretty much everything else."

Percy can douse an entire forest from half a mile away. By Spector_Rand's words, we're a puny 20 meters away. Based on a quick Google search, 20 meters is less than .1 a mile, plus the powers are instant. Nightcrawler won't touch Percy, and if he does then not for long.

Conclusion

• Percy's instant water powers will ensure that he wins.
  • Nightcrawler might be fast, but even if he decides to drop Percy, the water from beneath will already be rising to catch Percy.
  • Percy's reactions are good enough to be able to block Nightcrawler's first few attacks, all while the water is already en route.

In short, Percy's speed and superior skillset (hydrokinesis) will allow him the win.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Ok its been five days. Due to the merger, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You get one more day to post.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@supremegeneration: I know you've probably been busy, but I would really like to see how this turns out.

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iSoupreme

@ashrym:In order to conserve time for this to keep going after the merge (GS/CV) I'm only going to counter the points that matter, especially since we both still have 1 post each. Some of the counters might be in reverse order.

The Main Counters

1) Percy is fast enough to deflect a bullet. As stated in my intro of Nightcrawler earlier in this post, Nightcrawler can easily react to bullets to dodge or teleport but Nightcrawler is attacking with 3 weapons (sharpened club in each hand and a tail). Percy has not reacted to 3 attacks like that at once so going with a sword block and shield block, Nightcrawler still has a third unblocked weapon for a critical strike as well as striking kick attacks available. Nightcrawler's combination of speed and multidexterity would overwhelm Percy easily whether he blocked a bullet or not.

Of course a teleporter can react to bullets. I'd be surprised if he were ever tagged by one. This is a solid strategy, very nice, but this is all assuming Nightcrawler even has a chance to attack Percy. Spector called it 20 meters from the point the water is, to the point where Percy is. Doesn't matter if Percy comes swinging, the water is less than (way less than) half a mile from Percy. I already showed Percy can douse an entire forest in water nigh-instantly, and this being that he was jumping over battles and the like. Had he been legit concentrating he might've done it instantly. Also, for reference from Google 20 meters = 0.0124274mi.

2) Percy has water attacks being near the water. Some of those attacks are pretty impressive, but what is instant and what appears instant are two different things. A person cannot see a bullet (indeed, supremegeneration posted evidence stating Percy felt it's path instead of saw it move) so a bullet fired point blank appears to be instantaneous but there's still movement speed. There's no indication the water is moving faster than the speed of a bullet (up to mach 2) and Nightcrawler can easily dodge or teleport away from such attacks. Additionally, the water from the creek was a half mile away over ground surface. There's no indication that Percy could match Nightcrawler's teleportation range fast enough or far enough for say, a vertical direction.

Indeed Percy felt the bullet. But what does the speed of a bullet have to do with the speed of Percy's water moves? The answer is nothing. Now the vertical direction is a good strategy, but by your first own admission (unless misinterpreted) Nightcrawler's going to be swinging head on, not jumping up and down. Percy's water speed is something I'll show a bit below, but it's definitely between instant/nigh-instant.

3) Nightcrawler won't die from falling when he teleports up. He's used this tactic in the past without dying from a fall and has been show to redirect his momentum mid-teleport to use it to his advantage.

That is amazingly impressive. Unfortunately, when Percy floods the island (however much he can), Nightcrawler will have nowhere to go. Also by Spector_Rand's admissions is the little seashells that Percy can use. Forget having to look for them, he can just start them up.

Percy's Water Speed:

"As the boar rushed me, I uncapped my pen and sidestepped. Riptide appeared in my hands. I slashed upwards. The boar's severed tusk fell at my feet, while the disoriented animal charged into the sea.

I shouted, "Wave!"

Immediately, a wave surged up from nowhere and engulfed the boar, wrapping around it like a blanket. The boar squealed once in terror. The it was gone, swallowed by the sea." -- Lightning Thief

Percy shows some level of reaction against the boar (this being his first quest and him being untrained. Also note that the boar rushed him and he still had to uncap Riptide after that), but my main point is still that it is explicitly stated that the water reacted to him instantly/immediately.

Prep/Ambush + SG has to prove

That means there are two things supremegeneration needs to prove. First, he needs to demonstrate he can defeat 6 velociraptors. I see no reason to directly engage Percy with Nightcrawler unless it's necessary (because why waste the energy if the velociraptor trap does the job for me) as opposed to simply watching Percy get ripped apart by half a dozen intelligent predatory dinosaurs who use pack tactics.

Percy constantly deals with armies of monsters all the time. In this case, I will be showing his most impressive feat of army busting without the River Styx and while weakened.

"DESTROY THEM." (Physical Incarnation of Tartarus)

Annabeth had heard those words often enough that they shocked her out of her paralysis. She raised her sword and yelled, “Percy!”

He snatched up Riptide.

Annabeth dove for the chains holding the Doors of Death. Her drakon-bone blade cut through the left-side moorings in a single swipe. Meanwhile, Percy drove back the first wave of monsters. He stabbed an arai and yelped, “Gah! Stupid curses!” Then he scythed down a half dozen telkhines. -- House of Hades

- In the above instance, Percy and Annabeth are on their way to escape Tartarus. It is an area far below the Underworld, where demigods are at their weakest (poisoned air, barely seeing) and monsters are at their strongest (their birthplace). Percy manages to keep up with curses brought to him by arai and slays a half dozen telkhines. It is also worth noting they've been in here for at least 2 weeks with little rest, and that right before jumping in Percy had been fighting 2 god-killing giants with Jason Grace.

Second, supremegeneration needs to demonstrate that Percy can defeat an ambushing-from-stealth Nightcrawler after having successfully fought off the raptors, and also in the middle of fighting the raptors if Nightcrawler were to take advantage of an opening.

Stealth attacks from the shadowz. Nice. Percy has some level of experience from an ambush. Here:

"A foot the size of Yankee stadium was about to smash me when a voice hissed, "Percy!"

I lunged out blindly. Before I was fully awake, I had Nico pinned to the floor of the cell with the edge of my sword at his throat." -- Last Olympian

The foot that was gonna crush Percy was in his dreams. Anywho, Percy is sleeping hears a simple "Percy!" and before he was even awake had Nico "pinned to the floor of the cell." Nico is a demigod whom is constantly shadow traveling (teleporting via shadows).

Velociraptoprs

Four of the raptors ambush Percy while two hide in the shadows. They attack and engage him, using their speed to attack from multiple directions. As he avoids these four main raptors, the fifth will ambush him. Whether this succeeds or not matters little, as he will have to dodge it at the last minute and this would place him on the back foot. As he rallies to try and beat the now more numerous raptors, the sixth will also ambush him, killing him or maiming him. He will then bleed out or be picked apart.

This here is the main thing I wanted to bring in. Percy has tons of experience with army-busting (especially with the Styx amp, which isn't here :(). I've shown you Percy dealing with telkhines, monsters a bit similar (claws, sharp teeth, two feet) although they're probably a bit dumber (even though they can talk). You show that the Raptors have blunt force trauma durability, but what about cutting durability?

"In desperation I uncapped Riptide and slashed at the fountain, cleaving it in two. Salt water spilled everywhere, and the great stone font crashed to the floor in pieces." -- Battle of the Labyrinth

Percy has been shown to cleave a stone fountain in 2. He has no qualms with killing monsters, which he'd easily confuse a raptor and Nightcrawler for.

Prep Battle

1) Nightcrawler is stated to be ambushing Percy. This is because Nightcrawler has been prepping the area by leaving corpses to attract more predators while remaining hidden high up in the trees. When the encounter distance was mention it was stated 5m but it was not stated 5m horizontally. Nightcrawler is well hidden in the branches and shadows and using his agility and stealth to achieve the ambush.

That is impressive, but Percy still has been shown to react to things from angles. I'll give an example in a bit.

2) There are 6 velociraptors whom Percy will see first and with whom Percy would be engaging before even realizing he is also fighting Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler, on the other hand, has been demonstrated to easily avoid those predators in his first encounter with them and subsequently while attracting more as a living trap.

Can they breathe underwater? Can they swim? Fight underwater? Percy has innate control over underwater creatures, and as such he too can summon some good-sized sharks to fight him. This is something I forgot to bring up earlier, but the Sea Wild Life is already here. I'm "carrying" it. The Sea Wild Life can deal with anything that's left over. I showed above that Percy can deal with an ambush and the raptors.

Semi-Vertical

"Get in!" I yelled. I uncapped Riptide and slashed the first volley of arrows out of the air" -- Sea of Monsters

Arrows travel at an arched angle, meaning that they were somewhere between vertical and horizontal. Also, decent reactions given that he didn't have Riptide out after they were fired.

I NEED TO SHED SOME LIGHT -- NOT AN AMBUSH

"As stated, this is an ambush encounter. Nightcrawler has the prep time, distractions, and superhuman stealth abilities to pull off the ambush. This is further indicated by supremegenerations question, "But why attack the son of the sea near the sea?". Even though that question was not part of the debate, it's relevant because it demonstrates that Percy would not be expecting such an attack in this location to add shock to surprise. It's reasonable Percy expects the attack from the predators but not from other competitors. Percy is going to be completely caught off guard when Nightcrawler does make his move."

This is nowhere near an ambush encounter. Percy was in a solid water cocoon when Nightcrawler teleported in and out, to bring Percy to the raptors. When he finishes that fight, and he will, he will notice that they can't teleport. When this battle begun S_R said that Nightcrawler teleported in and out (main thread). This is in no way an ambush and Percy will be at least wearily expecting some sort of attack.

Conclusion Counters

The most likely outcome here is that Percy dies to raptors while Nightcrawler watches and prays for Percy's soul. Barring that, Percy doesn't have the capabilities to deal with the combination of speed, attacks, and teleportation tactics while Nightcrawler can keep himself, and more importantly Percy, away from the water.

Nightcrawler is going to stomp this match and neither Percy nor the Raptors is capable of even tagging Nightcrawler.

I've proved Percy can deal with the raptors and even if Percy is taken farther from the water, I doubt it'll be enough to cover a half mile like it was stated to be. Percy will bring in the water.

Conclusion/Sea Life/What ashrym should prove

I'm going to do this in reverse order.

• It needs to be proven that Nightcrawler can react to the instant water that will quickly surround the island, thus amping Percy and allowing him to call his Sea Life.Ashrym needs to prove that this is an ambush, as it was taken down.
    • If this is proven, it won't even matter. The seashells are what matter and those will carry the fall of Nightcrawler and his raptors.
  • It needs to be proven that the Raptors could so much as theoretically take down Percy.
  • It should be proven that even when underwater, Nightcrawler can put up some decent fight.

Sea Life

I bear the fault for this. I completely forgot I had it. The opening awesome strategy that wasn't debunked is that Percy submerges the island (it can't be that big, it's an island chain anyway for all we know we're on one of the small ones). Now I see that all he has to do is submerge part of it, enough to bring in some sharks allow him to run to the water's safety. The raptors will have to deal with the seashells and Nightcrawler can be reacted to. As for something I hate doing, here's something from Wikipedia after searching if Nightcrawler made noise when he teleports:

Bamf is an onomatopoeic term originating in comic books published by Marvel Comics, in particular those featuring the superhero Nightcrawler. The term is derived from the sound Nightcrawler makes when teleporting.

Percy can react to a sound Nightcrawler makes, making this even less of an ambush. As for the sea life:

"I felt something rub my leg. I looked down and almost shot out of the water like a ballistic missile. Sliding alongside of me was a five-foot-long mako shark.

But the thing was not attacking. It was nuzzling me. Heeling like a dog. I grabbed the fin with both hands. It took off, pulling me along." -- Lightning Thief

A shark willingly takes Percy to the shore. He can communicate telepathically with them but I can't find an instance right now. I know for a fact that he can summon them, though.

In Conclusion

To end this semi-rushed post, Percy's vast skillset with the water will cause the undoing of Nightcrawler. With the enchantment Riptide left of not killing monsters, he'll slay Nightcrawler even easier. He also has no qualms with killing monsters, which he would easily confuse Nightcrawler with. There was no response at all to what Percy would do with the water, and thus Percy wins due to his hydrokinesis.

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iSoupreme

@ashrym All right let's finish this... Also, again, only hitting things that matter.

Main Counters

Based on the text, "There was a pull in my gut, a roar in my ears. Then a wall of water came rushing," the water is slower than MACH 1 and not nearly as fast as a bullet. There's no indication that the water got to Percy before the sound did, but definitely an indication he could hear it before it arrived (ie sound was traveling faster than the water). Water coming from half a mile away in 3 seconds is going to seem really, really fast but that's about 3/4th's the speed of sound. The water isn't faster than Nightcrawler who will have both Percy's arms engaged by feet and 3 attacking limbs before the water arrives.

For starters, I never gave much info on the water's speed. I never even mentioned it. Somehow from the bullet scan you assumed it was the water's speed; which I never stated. Now, if you want, I can show you the water's true speed a bit below.

Instant, nigh-instant, and seemingly instant are different things. There's no indication the water is being manipulated at MACH speeds like bullets achieve. Nightcrawler can reach Percy before the water and Percy can't feel him along a path like the bullet Percy deflected because Nightcrawler is teleporting.

I never said the water was mach in speed (x2). I'll show you the water's speed though.

A boar is definitely slower than Nightcrawler. Have you ever seen a boar dodge bullets? The statements are clearly using terms like instantly or immediately metaphorically. The water might be perceived to be instant but it's still moving slower than the speed of sound. I don't believe it's possible to move water that fast and still maintain it's cohesive form. For the water to be moving faster than speed of sound, a person would need to demonstrate that it hits before the sound could be heard. As above, Percy can hear the roaring before he sees the water.

I never once compared the speed of a boar to the speed of Nightcrawler. Again I never said the water was fast (x2). I dunno where you even got that I would say that. There is also no indication that the terms are being used metaphorically, the water instantly surged towards the bull but the speed was unknown. But since you're so insistent on the water's speed I'll go ahead and show you:

"They swooped out of the sky and grabbed him [Frank] by either arm. He screamed in pain as their claws dug into his skin.

The sentries yelled, but Percy knew they couldn’t get a clear shot. They’d end up killing Frank. The other kids drew swords and got ready to charge into the water, but they’d be too late.

There was only one way.

Percy thrust out his hands. An intense tugging sensation filled his gut, and the Tiber obeyed his will. The river surged. Whirlpools formed on either side of Frank. Giant watery hands erupted from the stream, copying Percy’s movements. The giant hands grabbed the gorgons, who dropped Frank in surprise. Then the hands lifted the squawking monsters in a liquid vise grip." -- Son of Neptune

Percy makes giant water hands and grabs 2 monsters before they can kill Frank, son of Mars. This also given that they were at a considerable distance, as they are on opposite ends of a river the size of the Tiber (can't find the width unfortunately).

Prep/Ambush + SG has/had to prove

What are the feats for these monsters? I don't seen evidence that 6 telkhines are a bigger threat than 6 velociraptors. I included some of the feats @spector_rand had posted for the velociraptors ealier when I faced them. The same with the giants. "God-killing" is not very quantifiable. It's even hard to measure how much the lack of rest actually impacts a demigod in the given statements. All that let's us know is that Percy has a stamina feat. Stamina isn't going to help him in this fight.

Monsters are never given many feats, and I explicitly stated that the raptors would be smarter. As for the giants, those do have feats that consist of things such as stacking some of the tallest mountains in Greece to reach Olympus. Although it might be hard to measure the lack of rest, it would be very logical to assume that in a place where demigods are their weakest, it takes a lot of strength to do something like taking these monsters on. For the Telekhines, most of the things I can tell you is that they can cut through armor, one of them once dodged an arrow iirc (90% likely wrong on this one) that they make weapons for the Titan Army, and that they're fireproof. Also, here:

"As they ran past one of the black trees, he slashed his sword across the trunk. He heard it topple, followed by the satisfying crunch of several dozen arai as they were squashed flat." -- House of Hades

In a place where he's at his weakest, Percy slashed through a tree trunk. That's a serious strength feat, especially given the circumstances (being chased, poisonous air, Tartarus, etc.).

If Percy hears a simple "Percy!" then that attack coming in is also slower than the speed of sound. That demonstrates reflexes but not bullet reflexes. In this case, there's no guarantee that there will be a warning provided for Percy and the only real demonstration of the reflexes was when he did deflect a single bullet. That brings us back around to Nightcrawler using 3 attacks instead of 1 and his feet to grapple Percy's arms. Nightcrawler has been demonstrated to react to bullets both teleporting and not teleporting, and all of his limbs are incoming here.

What is it with the speed of sound and you? :P. Firstly, I never compared this to bullet reactions. Secondly, Percy will be expecting an attack given that the raptors don't teleport. As for the 3 attack 1, see my conclusion as I have something to point out.

Raptors

That gets back to demonstrating the feats for the telkines. The raptors are cunning, work in tactics like from stealth and behind, and cutting one fountain isn't an indication Percy can react to and cut all 6 velociraptors. Worst case scenario, they are an excellent distraction for Nightcrawler's ambush. Best case, Percy kills some before dying. Most likely, Percy gets injured while fighting them and wins, and then gets ambushed by Nightcrawler while injured or still fighting. A living trap of cunning predators is nothing but bad news for Percy.

By your admission, the most likely scenario is that Percy wins. This brings us the stinking seashells that you keep avoiding. These things will be sprouted and running long before the fight with the raptors begin. He'll aim some at himself to heal and some at the raptors to push back. The seashells are incredibly strong, and I've yet to see a solid counter from you for them.

Prep Battle

I think this is a better response to the raptors than the reflexes and army fighting comments. The question is whether the raptors are fast enough to get Percy before he gets them, which does need to be demonstrated that he can react to all 4 attacking simultaneously while also reacting to the other 2 attacking from stealth. How many different opponents has Percy used his water attacks on simultaneously? In the end, if Percy is focused on the raptors he's still going to be surprised by Nightcrawler that much more easily.

You stated earlier that Percy wins the battle, but keep praying the Raptors win. Again, Percy's smart enough to know that there is a 3rd-party teleporter, and he'll be at the very best a bit alert. Also again, the seashells man. You wanna insist on speed? I wanna insist on the seashells. They've been shown to wash away a very very very large pile of dung (the poop hadn't been cleaned for a few years). His lifeline will always be the water, and by the time Nightcrawler shows up he'll be completely healed.

Arrows are also slower than bullets. Generally about 200 feet per second. That's not enough to deal with Nightcrawler.

Again, I never compared arrows to bullets. You wanted reflexes at angles, and I gave them to you. Also, a quick Google search shows that the average arrow speed is 329ft per second, which is a lot more impressive. If he's been shown to react to bullets horizontally, why not at an angle? It was just never shown.

I NEED TO SHED SOME LIGHT -- NOT AN AMBUSH

Those are actions I never stated that Nightcrawler had taken. This is also from the main thread. "He's still in the cocoon, it's just flavour text. It has no bearing on the fight itself". If the flavor text has no impact on the fight then it has no impact on the fight. If Percy has a water cocoon, which was stated, based on your posted actions, then my actions are also valid. This is my posted action from personal message: "keep high up and I'll avoid ground encounters, and continue using the foliage for shadow and cover I'll avoid being spotted by airborne encounters". This thread indicates I have prepped. How much advantage I have is what you might debate, but you'll have to debate the ambush taking places because it cannot be both ways. We cannot ignore flavor text for you and apply it for me. Both of us would be using our previous actions appropriately in the actual debate.

In this case, Nightcrawler is using elevated positioning, concealment, and shadow melting abilities along with a living predator trap to set the ambush. It's a real thing. ;-)

I understood very little of this, I'm sorry. If we want to ignore flavor text, then this battle isn't happening. I specifically asked for Percy to be in his cocoon and to not move. If he was to not move, how the heck did he get to the jungle? Nightcrawler had to teleport him, thus he will be expecting some sort of ambushed attack.

Conclusion Counters

I think you've demonstrated that you have an argument that you can fight the raptors and possibly win, but not necessarily at this point. It's not demonstrated that Percy or the water is faster enough to deal with all of them together at this point. Water than can travel half a mile fairly quickly is still a risk of being viciously wounded before it gets there. At this point, Nightcrawler's speed, stealth, agility, and teleportation hasn't been effectively refuted.

Again, contradicting yourself. Percy wins the fight with the raptors. It doesn't matter the speed, the water's already here in the form of the seashells and Percy can hold off 4 raptors in the meantime. The 2 ambushers will make noise when they attack, and Percy'll aim the water at himself to heal then wreck the raptors (if they don't run).

Conclusion/Sea Life/What ashrym should prove

-- It was demonstrated above that the water is moving slower than the speed of sound while bullets move faster than the speed of sound. Consider reacting to water demonstrated by Nightcrawler's feats reacting to bullets in my first post.

-- I responded to the "this is not an ambush" above, as well.

-- Raptors tear flesh. Percy is still made of flesh. It needs to be demonstrated that Percy can deal with the raptors' pack tactics and numbers effectively and quickly enough.

-- Nightcrawler can just teleport out of the water, with passengers. As demonstrated, Nightcrawler reacts to things faster than water easily so becoming submerged is unlikely if Nightcrawler takes Percy up and farther from the water. It hasn't been demonstrated that Nightcrawler cannot keep Percy away from the water with teleportation tactics and the combat tactics mentioned. Nightcrawler has no intention of leaving Percy in water with an advantage when he can keep his own advantage in the aerial tactics.

(some glitch with bullets, quoting and spoiler block, mb)

• It has been shown that the water is fast in it's own right, even if not sonic speeds. It can be used both offensively and defensively, and can be solidified.
  • I responded to your response. I made it clearer that Percy will expect something.
  • By your own admission, the most likely scenario is that Percy wins.
  • You keep saying Nightcrawler can keep Percy away from the water, but the raptors come first. Choose one man, because if it's the former then the seashells have Percy covered and if it's the latter same situation. If Nightcrawler takes Percy up, the water is still going to follow. He can slice Percy and drop him, the water'll catch him and heal him and it'll be on.

Everything After

Percy reacting to the sound Nightcrawler makes is too late. The sound exists, but it's heard after Nightcrawler has already struck normally. This is because Nightcrawler uses faster-than-bullet reflexes, bullets move faster than sound, the sound of the bamf moves at the speed of sound. Nightcrawler teleporting can surprise Spiderman.

The picture you showed me shows Nightcrawler amidst the smoke with the sound "Bamf" right above them. It seems to me that it shows the sound and the teleportation at the same speed. Maybe a different scan?

As for the sea life, the water needs to get there before Percy's opponents, which is debatable, but they still aren't faster than bullets or teleportation either, and Nightcrawler has a huge advantage in being able to teleport around with passengers to control the battle.

Yeesh again with the speed. The water's speed is almost irrelevant now due to the seashells. There is little Nightcrawler can do after Percy's healed and he summons the ocean, as Percy will be underwater/in-water and will be fast enough to react to the noise that Nightcrawler makes.

I know it was rushed, but that's okay. I hope you understand the response to the water at this point. The water control abilities and sea life aren't likely to matter facing someone like Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler is in the quadrant because he can avoid it while everyone else has to deal with water encounters. Tall trees etc play right into the Nightcrawler's acrobatic skills and agility, as well as his stealth.

You seem to have missed my post about disarming Percy as well. I was allowed 5 bamfs. Here's the marvel wiki page for them, for reference.

Could've gone to the forest Quadrant... Anywho it's still an island chain that plays right into Percy's skillset, and Nightcrawler had no business here. Percy owns the sea and no raptor's taking it, Nightcrawler isn't taking it, and none of you belong here! (arf!). Alas I see no solid counters for the seashells.

It seems I did miss it. Let me find it real quick.

This is how I see a direct confrontation between Nightcrawler and Percy going: Nightcrawler teleports behind Percy and grabs both his arms with his feet. Nightcrawler teleports high in the air and well away from any water while holding both arms with his feet and attacking with three weapons. The bamfs teleport away with Percy's sword and shield while Nightcrawler has him tangled up. Nightcrawler attacks many times before gaining enough speed to be a concern. Nightcrawler can teleport down to break his speed and bring Percy with him to take the brunt of the impact before repeating.

Hoping this is what you mean. Again, by the time Nightcrawler 'ambushes' Percy, the island they're on will be covered in water with Percy underground. This will leave Nightcrawler nowhere to go, except into Percy's home turf. The Bamfs also make the noise NC makes so they won't be much of a problem.

I also have not seen a response to telefrag tactics. Nightcrawler doesn't like using such tactics but he has used them and will if necessary. In this case, it's been established that Nightcrawler will kill. What does Percy do if Nightcrawler teleports an object into him or teleports away with Percy's head? See my first post for images facing Sabretooth and telefrag tactics.

Between the ambush, Nightcrawler's better speed and reaction feats, stealth, and strategy (particularly grappling with feet and attacking with 3 weapons) I really don't think Percy can take this. Percy's only advantage (water) can too easily be removed by teleportation.

First off, a telefrag would be somewhat of a stretch for Nightcrawler whom doesn't use it often. Second off, the enemy is only allowed to kill once the opponent is down, so telefrag is off the table.

Also, Percy's water can't be taken away as easily as you think. Given the proven speed of it (hands, instant water on beach), Percy's water can reach crazy heights. In the instance I speak of, while completely exhausted (fighting an army of undying ghosts and in a hurricane), he made a wave that went taller than Hubbard Glacier (about 350ft high).

"Then [Percy] slammed Riptide into the ice at his feet. The entire glacier shuddered. Ghosts fell to their knees. Behind Percy, a wave of gray water even taller than the glacier. Water shot from the chasms and crevices in the ice. As the water hit, the back half of the camp crumbled. The entire edge of the glacier peeled away, cascading into the void-carrying buildings, ghosts, and Percy Jackson over the edge." -- Son of Neptune

So yea, that happened.

Needs to be clarified/proved / In Conclusion

• As of right this moment, the biggest thing I need is a solid counter to the seashells.
  • Telefrag tactics need to be seen as a viable option given the rules of the Hunger Games
  • A solid counter to submerging the island and going under would also be nice.

Conclusion

• Percy's water skills will be too much for Nightcrawler to handle.
  • Percy makes quick work of the Raptors.

Raptors 2.0

Hurricanes! Seashells! Water! Excitement! MATH! *sigh*

"Percy was fighting like a whirlwind. In fact..he was a whirlwind. A miniature hurricane of water and ice vapor churned around him as he waded through the enemy, knocking Roman ghosts away, deflecting arrows and spears." -- Son of Neptune

Come at me bro. Percy's gonna be slashing and dicing all through the raptors, and since he's expecting an ambush, Nightcrawler'll have a bit of trouble too.

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: :(

A CaV I wanted to finish even with stacked odds...

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isoupreme: Well, at least you'll be moving on. Could I get an action from you in PM?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@ashrym: That's really unfortunate, really sorry for your loss. I was looking forward to facing Nightcrawler in the tournament. And for what its worth you proably would have gotten my vote.

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@isoupreme: I would have liked to have continued, but we had a death in the family so I cannot commit time to continue. Had to go out of town so it becomes hard to debate from a phone and not being able to back up feats with images.

Ah. Sorry for your loss. I probably would've gone down 8-0 anyways.