#1 Edited by Bucketz (922 posts) - - Show Bio

No BFR

Standard Equipment

Win: Death/ Incapacitation

VS.

Background: Omega Red disabling the security system in the Fantastic Four's base looking to destroy/loot the place for Reed Richard's experiments while the members are out taking care of a crime happening out of the city. Unbeknownst to Omega, within the building lies Johnny Storm who was told to stay behind to watch over the base. Johnny, as usual, slacking off he ignores his duties and takes a nap. It is not until the final alarm designed by Reed goes off awakening Johnny as Omega Red is attempting to break into the lab. Human Torch confronts him around 20 yards away in a main hallway of the building with multiple rooms within.

#2 Posted by jashro44 (34152 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Johnny takes this. He is very fast and his blasts are pretty powerful.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by Bucketz (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Im not so sure. Omega Red's carbodium may be able to withstand Torch's flames. As well his death spores play a huge factor and Omega Red's strength is many times superior then Johnny's. Its a tough decision

#4 Edited by jashro44 (34152 posts) - - Show Bio

@bucketz said:

@jashro44: Im not so sure. Omega Red's carbodium may be able to withstand Torch's flames. As well his death spores play a huge factor and Omega Red's strength is many times superior then Johnny's. Its a tough decision

I don't think carbondium can withstand torches hottest flame. Even if he could he isn't blocking it. Death spores are pretty tough to over come but omega red has a tendency to toy around in character (granted Johnny isn't always serious but still). Johnny can likely one shot omega red and he is quicker to the draw.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I don't think carbondium can withstand torches hottest flame. Even if he could he isn't blocking it. Death spores are pretty tough to over come but omega red has a tendency to toy around in character (granted Johnny isn't always serious but still). Johnny can likely one shot omega red and he is quicker to the draw.

Question mon ami, does Carbonadium have the ability to repel heat? I know it's poisonous and semi-flexible, but does it conduct heat and/or electricity as well as other non-fictional metals? If so, the Torch could (theoretically) roast Omega Red inside his own armor, turning it into a skin tight deathtrap without ever getting into range of his coils in the first place.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (35014 posts) - - Show Bio

Torch. I'm not even sure if the death spores would work on him (I'd need somebody who is knowledgeable on Omega Red to confirm).

#7 Posted by jashro44 (34152 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: I am not sure if Carbonadium repels hear. That is a good question but unfortunately I can't answer it.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by henrik (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Torch .

He can burn him .

#9 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Then Omega Red could be in big trouble here. If his Carbonadium armor does'nt repel/dissipate extreme heat, then the Torch has a good chance to turn his (Omega Red's) armor into an anatomically correct frying pan. Ewww....

#10 Posted by pooty (16230 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't Torch's heat destroy the spores before they can affect them?

#11 Posted by Trauma (5827 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming from a very big fan of omega red, his spores would not be a problem. Johnny can produce heat beyond omega's ability to resist. In my opinion not only is his armor ineffective but his spores would be burnt to a crispy . HT wins hands down

#12 Edited by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed: JOHNNY WTF!

Johnny: *standing in burning Baxter Building* would you believe me if I told you I was attacked?

Ben Grim: Oh sure like the time the Super Skrull came and burned down the building last time

Johnny: In my defe- *gets interrupted*

Sue Storm: *interrupts Johnny* just forget it were not going to believe your lies again

Johnny: *Puppy eyes as tears fall from his eyes*

Omega Red: *Mean while Omega Red in intensive care unit for burns*

#13 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic: LOL!! That's probably exactly what would happen, too!

#14 Edited by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by schillenger420 (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

At first this seemed as if it would be a good fight, but after viewing comments and thinking on the fight myself it almost seems as if it's a crubstomp for Johnny. If someone can show a scan of Omega Red's armor being able to dissapate or withstand heat without getting hot that might change things... If someone can show a scan of the death spores being able to withstand high heat which naturally radiates from Johnny's "Flame On" form it might also change things. As it stands, without PIS, this isn't even a fight. I know it's a little early in the discussion to be saying this, but if we all agree that Red doesn't even really stand a chance, shouldn't this thread be locked?

#16 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420: You may be on to something. However I, like you, would like to see if someone has scans of Omega Red withstanding such attacks at least once before the Mods get involved. So...anyone...?

#17 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Johnny still have the cosmic control rod?

#18 Posted by Obtrusive (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic: Can the human torch cry? Or does he just steam?

#19 Edited by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't always stay in his fire form.

#20 Posted by dondave (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Torch ftw

#21 Posted by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@obtrusive said:

He doesn't always stay in his fire form.

yah he can cry in human form, just not in his flame form.

#22 Edited by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio