Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

1) Doctor Alchemy

2) AoA Blink (Javelins, Tallus)

3) Madison Jeffries (Pistol)

4) Sage

VS

1) Fantomex (Standard Guns, Sentient Bullets, EVA)

2) Kakashi Hatake - (Post Time Skip, Standard Ninja Gear)

3) Lightning (FFXIII)- Complete Crystarium, Grav-Con unit, Nimbletoe shoes, Raijin Rings x2 Shrouding Talisman, Omega Weapon, Odin

4) Mr. Terrific (Micheal Holt) - Full Supply Of T-Sphere's

Battle Field

No Caption Provided

Esquire starts behind Garage Soveign behind the Oil Truck

Prep: Both Teams get 45 Minuet Prep to study the map and a basic roster on the enemy team.

In Character

Teams will work together

No BFR

Death or KO

Perks

Each team can have 2 members choose the following Perks.

Super Carbonadium Weapon Upgrade. Hand Weapons are Indestructible and Slow Healing Factors. This applies to Projectiles (Guns and Ammo, Bows and Arrows, Batarangs, ect) as well.

Magic Psy Shield. Your character can have immunity to all Psychic attack and powers. Includes Illusion Casting, Status Changers (Poison, Blindness, ect), Magic attacks, and Time Manipulation as well.

Mijnor Armor. Characters gains a version of Halo (First Game) Master Chief Armor with Shields. Only the Durability Enhancement Applies.

The Venom, Banshee, and Red Eye Drug. Gain Wolverine's Healing Factor and Senses. Gain Bane's strength added onto yours. Gain Bullet Speed onto your own. The strength and Speed Benefit WILL Legally put you past the set stats! As In you will be stronger and Faster than the limits if your character is already at the limit.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Fix.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@Decoy Elite: Dont know why that happen again. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for Fixing.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

@CadenceV2: It's not you, it's just CV screwing up.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

@Decoy Elite: Thanks again.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

@CadenceV2: No problem, hope your tourney turns out well.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Hate it when my threads duplicate. It's usually from my Internet glitching and an impatient me clicking numerous times.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist

This is the Correct Thread.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Esquire

@CadenceV2: Question about the Psy Shield: Is it like a helmet that can be destroyed or moved from character to character, or does it stay with the character until they're dead?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sovereign91001

@CadenceV2: What can't we do during our prep?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001 said:

My impression is that you can't build or bring additional gear or modify the battlefield in any way. You can only explore it and create strategies for dealing with the environment and with your opponents. Cadence will have to confirm, but that's what I'm seeing.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Hmm...well if that's true... there goes one of my strategies. Would you like to go first?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sovereign91001

@CadenceV2: One other question is the psy shield visable, by that I mean if I see one of guys walking around will I be able to identify them as the one with the psy shield?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist

@Esquire: The Shield is always Active. Cannot be destroyed.

@Esquire said:

@Sovereign91001 said:

My impression is that you can't build or bring additional gear or modify the battlefield in any way. You can only explore it and create strategies for dealing with the environment and with your opponents. Cadence will have to confirm, but that's what I'm seeing.

Exactly.

@Sovereign91001 said:

@CadenceV2: One other question is the psy shield visable, by that I mean if I see one of guys walking around will I be able to identify them as the one with the psy shield?

Not Visible at all.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Life is crazy right now, so I won't be able to get a post up until tonight at the earliest. I'm happy to go first if you don't mind waiting, though!

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Okay sounds good

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sovereign91001

@CadenceV2: so the psy shield is stuck on the character who chooses it, they can't pass it off?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sovereign91001: Correct. Weapon Upgrade could be switched but non of the other perks.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By beatboks1

bump

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: I'll pick my perks now.

I'll take two Magic Psy shields: One for Fantomex and One for Kakashi.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Just to clarify, Sage is the only one of my team with Telepathy and none of my characters have TK or magical attacks. Fantomex is already immune to telepathy thanks to his Weapon Plus telepathic shields, even before the perk. If you have a strategy for using the perks then by all means, but I wanted to make sure you realized.

My perks will be Magic Psi Shields for Blink and Madison Jeffries, btw.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dredeuced

The resistance to status changers would affect Doctor Alchemy, imo.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: I do, Jeffries can communicate with computers and can restructure metals and plastic and Fantomex is full of nanites, tiny computers, this is just a safeguard. and as @Dredeuced: just said because of Alchemy's ability to transmutate elements.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Do you need any info on my guys?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Okay, good call on the perks, then. And I have a pretty good grasp on your team, I think. I know Fantomex very well and Terrific and Lightning pretty well. I haven't seen One Piece, but I've done a bit of research so I should be okay. Correct me if I get anything wrong about Kakashi, but I should be able to get through an opening post, at least. I'm in the process right now, should have it up pretty soon.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Esquire

No Caption Provided

1) Doctor Alchemy

2) AoA Blink (Javelins, Tallus)

3) Madison Jeffries (Pistol)

4) Sage

VS

1) Fantomex (Standard Guns, Sentient Bullets, EVA)

2) Kakashi Hatake - (Post Time Skip, Standard Ninja Gear)

3) Lightning (FFXIII)- Complete Crystarium, Grav-Con unit, Nimbletoe shoes, Raijin Rings x2 Shrouding Talisman, Omega Weapon, Odin

4) Mr. Terrific (Micheal Holt) - Full Supply Of T-Sphere's

Esquire starts behind Shack Soveign behind the Oil Truck

Prep: Both Teams get 45 Minuet Prep to study the map and a basic roster on the enemy team.

As I said above, I'm giving Blink and Jeffries Psi Shields for my perks.

Prep

Although I'm not allowed to create anything during my prep, it will still be invaluable to my team. With the basic roster, they will be informed that Fantomex is a part of the opposing team. As he's a Marvel character, Sage will know most everything about him, thanks to her mind-meld with Roma. With knowledge of his Misdirection power, counters can be concocted. Although the Psi shields render Jeffries and Blink immune, Sage and Alchemy are still somewhat vulnerable. Sage's strategic mind and incredible processing ability will be of great use, as will her ability to access every computer on Earth. She'll scan the world's databases for information on Fantomex and counters to his power. She'll keep Jeffries updated telepathically, and his engineering skill combined with her information should allow them to come up with a pattern to replicate Dark Beast's Misdirection Blocker. Jeffries has shown the ability to telepathically adopt blueprints in the past, so it shouldn't be a problem.

No Caption Provided

While Sage and Jeffries are deliberating, Blink will examine the battlefield at high speeds with her teleporting abilities while Doctor Alchemy examines the area around my starting point. Once Sage and Madison are satisfied, the team will reconvene to plan out their strategy. Sage will also use her telepathy to share with Alchemy her knowledge of the properties of Adamantium, along with various other useful chemicals and compounds.

Battle

I'm assuming Fantomex will open the battle with a Misdirection. His usual choice is body-swapping, but of course the exact details are left up to you. Luckily, my prep time has given me time to formulate a strategy to avoid the adverse effects. Blink and Jeffries are immune, so they'll be able to do whatever they want to do, unhindered by the illusion.

Jeffries will use the opening seconds to concoct the blocking device that he and Sage came up with in prep. His power is a sort of techno-manipulation somewhat related to technopathy, but with the ability to create and mold metals and pieces of technology into whole new forms. He also consistently exhibits an incredibly adept engineering mind and technological intuition similar to Forge's. With prep time to plan it out, he should easily be able to whip up a machine to do this:

No Caption Provided

In the time before the machine takes effect, Sage will use her considerable abilities to break through the Misdirection. In the Dark Angel Saga, AoA Wolverine was able to see through the illusion when he realized that things were not as they should be. Sage will not only be expecting Misdirection, her computer-like brain is far more adept than Wolverine's at cataloging the environment and situation around her. She'll be able to almost instantly detect the flaws in the Misdirection and break out of it.

No Caption Provided

This means that only Doctor Alchemy is truly vulnerable to Misdirection during the opening moments. Thanks to my prep, however, he'll be well-briefed in his part of the strategy. He'll know not to engage anyone for the first minute of the fight to avoid friendly fire, and will instead use his transmution abilities to aid my team in other ways. He'll start by transmuting chunks of rock into solid butyl seleno-mercaptan, the substance sprayed by skunks. He'll transmute some of the sand into Clorazepate, a sedative. Using the knowledge of the battlefield we've gained and his new-found knowledge from Sage, Alchemy will transmute the walls of the Shack to adamantium and seal off the doorways, although not before transmuting some of the inside into more Clorazepate. Blink will take some of the skunk spray and spread it across the battlefield, which will negate Kakashi's scent advantage. She'll then 'port to the top of the tower to observe your team, 'port to the sedative, and try to 'port that into your team's brains.

No Caption Provided

Once she's done that, she'll 'port Lightning into the Adamantium prison Doctor Alchemy has created. Blink doesn't even need to grab Lightning to do this, she can just hit the Final Fantasy character with one of her tele-javelins. If Lightning manages to dodge several, she'll teleport Mister Terrific, instead. Whichever one is trapped inside will soon fall unconscious from the sedative gasses Doctor Alchemy has created inside of the Shack. Although this seems like a lot for Blink to be doing in a short amount of time, she can teleport with extremely impressive speed.

No Caption Provided

Once Doctor Alchemy has finished with his prison and Madison has finished making his machine, the Rogue will transmute pieces of the environment into chunks of silicon, titanium, aluminum, steel, adamantium, copper, and the like. Jeffries will transmute these into suits of armor for each of my characters, and then uses the rest to create a robot.

He's capable of creating things from raw materials, not just from already existing technology and machinery.

No Caption Provided

At this point, Fantomex will be down for the count because of the feedback to his brains, Lightning will be dying of arsenic and botulinum poisoning, and both Mister Terrific and Kakashi will be fighting a heavy dose of sedatives. Mister Terrific has no superpowers. His mind is a great asset, but he mostly relies on technology. Unfortunately for him, he's up against two people with different forms of technopathy. Things won't end well for him once either Sage hacks his T-Spheres or Jeffries either assimilates them or shuts them down. Blink can then 'port him into the adamantium room where he'll soon be KO'd along with Lightning. Kakashi will then have to face off against four armored and skilled opponents, along with a powerful robot. While also trying not to fall asleep from tranquilizers. He's good, but not that good.

EDIT: Forgot to post scan of Jeffries' Mind-Meld experience.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire:

My prep:

My team's got a lot of big brains on it; Kakashi is a genius in intellect, strategy and tactics and is considered one of the smartest ninja's in the world of Naruto, Fantomex is likewise very skilled in tactics and has the computing power of three brains, and of course Mr. Terrific's claim to fame is his brain, he is the third smartest man in the DCU. Lightning is no slouch herself bringing her military training in the Guardian Corps to the table, so on the tactical/strategy side of things I think my team has an advantage off the bat.

Fantomex will misdirect Mr. Terrific, removing his morals; making him willing to kill but remain calm and focused. He’s already shown that his misdirection can manipulate emotional states as he did when combating Apocalypse’s horsemen and caused it to believe it was in love with Psylocke.

He will then have E.V.A position herself one mile above the battlefield. He will then give his mask to Mr. Terrific, his psy shield gives him complete immunity to psychic attacks already so his mask is superfluous.

Lightning will Paradigm shift to Synergist and buff everyone with: Haste, Protect and Bravery. This will give my entire team Spider Man level speed, a 33% reduction in attacks physical damage they receive and a 40% increase in physical power. In addition to this Lightning will buff herself with Faith raising her magical power by 40% She will use Enfinre on half of Kakashi’s shuriken, this will give them fire damage. As she is not shielded from TP she will not be privy to the plan the other members of my team make, she will be told to attack, buff and debuff for the battle, that’s all unless specified by another member of my team.

Mr. Terrific is now shielded from telepathy, he will move half his supply of T-Sphere’s (12) into a space 1.75 miles above the arena and have them interface with E.V.A’s targeting scanners.

Kakashi will use the lightning release shadow clone jutsu, to create a copy of himself. This is in character for Kakashi as he often times employs clones or substitutions as noted by Choji’s father he will also supply all members of my team with radio headsets as this is part of his gear.

Battle Plan

As for misdirection Fantomex is very much aware (as he is equiped with one himself) that your team can have at most two characters with immunity to his misdirection, thus he will not use misdirection off the bat. This is not out of character for him as with his assualt on the weapon’s plus facility he did not use misdirection, only used his marksman skills.

At the start of the battle Kakashi will lift his headband activating his Sharingan, he will then hide underground. His clone will remain above ground, since shadow clones are perfect clones and not illusions his clone will have Kakashi’s gear including his psy shield and likewise be shielded.

Lightning will paradigm shift to Commando and prepare to assault your team

Mr Terrific will use eight of his remaining twelve T-Spheres to create two sets of holograms of his teammates. Knowing that your team has a teleporter, my team will remain exactly where they are at the start of the battle, as the T-Spheres are technology, not magic and not being cast on your team the illusion shouldn’t be affected by your psy shields, should your team decide to ‘port in. While those sphere’s are activating their hologram. He will have his T-Sphere’s he moved into position earlier that are interfaced with E.V.A’s targeting scanners and drop a dozen them on your team, at the distance they are at they will hit in one 1/8 of a second; Terrific states his T-Shere’s can move up to 14 miles per second, that equates to 50,400 miles per hour or a speed of mach 65.6, that speed is far exceeding anything your team is capable of reacting to and they will be traveling so fast that the sonic boom would happen after the T-Sphere’s hit.

With only basic knowledge your team wouldn't even be aware that Terrific has T-Sphere’s as they are a part of his gear so they wouldn’t even be able to anticipate such an attack. He can launch this attack at the speed of thought as he has no need to verbally command his sphere's to move.

So there is no prior warning to this attack and all the members of my team who are aware of this assault are telepathically shielded I don’t see a way for your team to avoid it and as none of them have any kind of enhanced durability, in addition Micheal does not need to speak to move his they should all perish in the attack. E.V.A will be able to confirm if any member of your team survives and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sovereign91001

@CadenceV2: Actually I'd like a ruling here. You said before that haste would boost a character to Spider-Man level speed, and slow would reduce them to Human speed and no lower.

Like wise would Protect give me Luke Cage Durability and Bravery raise my physical power to the 25 ton limit and as a follow up would their debuff counterparts; Deprotect, Deshell and Imperil reduce resistance to physical and magical attacks to normal Human levels? Of course assuming my opponent doesn't have a psy shield or other such ability active to nullify my magic.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sovereign91001 said:

@CadenceV2: Actually I'd like a ruling here. You said before that haste would boost a character to Spider-Man level speed, and slow would reduce them to Human speed and no lower.

Like wise would Protect give me Luke Cage Durability and Bravery raise my physical power to the 25 ton limit and as a follow up would their debuff counterparts; Deprotect, Deshell and Imperil reduce resistance to physical and magical attacks to normal Human levels? Of course assuming my opponent doesn't have a psy shield or other such ability active to nullify my magic.

If I didnt mention it then role with it. You cant be enhance more than the Limits is the only rule unless on the Venom Banshee Drug. Time slow or stop is the only Debuff I set a limit on as its straight unfair. Affecting Status or temporary Debuffs of other types are allowed.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: bump

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dextersinister

@Sovereign91001 said:

That's a massive increase on what I remember them doing in game at best a stat buff would be a percentage increase on the base characters stats. Quickly checked they are 40%, obviously exploitable with someone with higher base stats but wouldn't be that good for someone of normal human.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Dextersinister: I know, my post before that one has reference's those numbers. To reiterate Cadence had already ruled on Haste and Slow's effect for this tournament, which are different from their in-game counterparts, I was just asking if that ruling extended to the other FF buff/debuffs, just to know what I'm working with. Apparently it does and even though the effects may be enhanced I don't believe the duration's are, I'd only have 180 or so seconds with that level of power before Lightning would have to re-buff them.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001 said:

My prep:

He will then have E.V.A position herself one mile above the battlefield. Mr. Terrific will move half his supply of T-Sphere’s (12) into a space 1.75 miles above the arena and have them interface with E.V.A’s targeting scanners.

A couple of issues here. First of all, this seems like modifying the battlefield to me. I can't use my prep to have Jeffries turn some of my gear into a killer robot and position that behind your starting position so that it kills them as soon as the match starts, and I don't think your strategy is really any different from that. You have a set starting position, and that counts for Gear, as well. EVA is pretty much a character in her own right, too, so I would argue that she has to start at the starting point. And second, does E.V.A. even have targeting systems? I can't remember her ever using them, and she doesn't have any weapons, so they would be kind of superfluous.

Lightning will Paradigm shift to Synergist and buff everyone with: Haste, Protect and Bravery. This will give my entire team Spider Man level speed, a 33% reduction in attacks physical damage they receive and a 40% increase in physical power.

Spider-Man is something like 15 times faster than a human. I don't remember Haste being nearly that much of an enhancement in any of the FF games. Maybe it would amp Kakashi that much, but Terrific isn't even peak human and Fantomex is at best near peak. Haste will give them a boost, but Spider-Man level? I'm skeptical.

(Confession: I never finish FF XIII, though, so Haste may have been amped.)

Battle Plan
As for misdirection Fantomex is very much aware (as he is equiped with one himself) that your team can have at most two characters with immunity to his misdirection, thus he will not use misdirection off the bat. This is not out of character for him as with his assualt on the weapon’s plus facility he did not use misdirection, only used his marksman skills.

Sounds fine. He often doesn't use misdirection right out of the gate, and he rarely uses a sustained one at all. This is perfectly in-character.

At the start of the battle Kakashi will lift his headband activating his Sharingan, he will then hide underground.

Wait, Kakashi has phasing? Research fail on my part, lol.

He will have his T-Sphere’s he moved into position earlier that are interfaced with E.V.A’s targeting scanners and drop a dozen them on your team, at the distance they are at they will hit in one 1/8 of a second; Terrific states his T-Shere’s can move up to 14 miles per second, that equates to 50,400 miles per hour or a speed of mach 65.6, that speed is far exceeding anything your team is capable of reacting to and they will be traveling so fast that the sonic boom would happen after the T-Sphere’s hit.

As I said above, I think these should have to fire from your starting position, not from the sky. But either way, my team has the reaction feats to keep up with them. Blink is able to open a portal in time to redirect King Hyperion's heat vision, turning it on Hyperion himself. She's also able to block on of Silver Surfer's energy blasts, even though she clearly doesn't 'port the rock until after Surfer has fired. She can also open up huge portals, easily large enough to give my entire team cover. She can open one in front of my team, let the T-Spheres go through it, and send them to the moon.

Dr. Alchemy can put up walls fast enough to block Flash, so he should have no trouble stopping the T-Spheres, either.

With only basic knowledge your team wouldn't even be aware that Terrific has T-Sphere’s as they are a part of his gear so they wouldn’t even be able to anticipate such an attack. He can launch this attack at the speed of thought as he has no need to verbally command his sphere's to move.

Even if the basic roster doesn't include gear, my team still has 45 minutes with access to every computer on the planet, thanks to Sage. She can easily find out everything they've got on Terrific, along with the rest of your team. Once the match starts, she and Jeffries will be able to interface with the Spheres, since they both have variants of technopathy. Dismantling, hacking, and neutralizing them aren't beyond my team's capabilities, even if we don't know the spheres even exist before the match begins.

Lightning will paradigm shift to Commando and prepare to assault your team. Mr Terrific will use eight of his remaining twelve T-Spheres to create two sets of holograms of his teammates.

Although you might think that these illusions, coupled with Kakashi's clone, would mess up my strategy of trapping them in an Adamantium prison, it will actually make little difference. Blink can toss dozens of javelins in moments, so she'll simply hit all of the targets. She may well 'port the T-Spheres into the room, but even if they holograms don't leave, Terrific himself will still be trapped.

Alchemy can also fire lots of beams in quick succession, and Jeffries can simply dismantle the Spheres creating the holograms. So the holograms are far from a dealbreaker. A couple speed feats for Jeffries: He creates a boat from falling debris before the team hits the water, and he creates a new suit from an enemy in the middle of combat.

And while your team is waiting around creating the holograms, Jeffries can be creating. He makes robots a lot over the course of his career, and he's gotten very good at it. Here he rapidly churns out a whole army of fully functional sentinels:

The more time you give my team, the more powerful we'll get. With Alchemy giving things like adamantium and titanium to work with, Madison can make very effective robots. And he can do it quickly.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Alrighty let's get to it!

Although I'm not allowed to create anything during my prep, it will still be invaluable to my team. With the basic roster, they will be informed that Fantomex is a part of the opposing team. As he's a Marvel character, Sage will know most everything about him, thanks to her mind-meld with Roma. With knowledge of his Misdirection power, counters can be concocted. Although the Psi shields render Jeffries and Blink immune, Sage and Alchemy are still somewhat vulnerable. Sage's strategic mind and incredible processing ability will be of great use, as will her ability to access every computer on Earth. She'll scan the world's databases for information on Fantomex and counters to his power.

I have to dispute this; Fantomex is a thief; he does what he does by not calling attention to himself, he operates in the shadows; few know he exists and even fewer know he's a mutant. It is highly unlikely that there'd be information (or rather anything Sage could use as a tactical advantage) lying around. The greatest source of information about him was the Weapon plus satalite and The Weapon Plus facility and of course Fantomex himself both source's of information were destroyed and Fantomex is shielded from TP.

She'll keep Jeffries updated telepathically, and his engineering skill combined with her information should allow them to come up with a pattern to replicate Dark Beast's Misdirection Blocker.

Problem with this as well, Dark Beast was never shown working on his device; in fact it's never even shown on panel we just see the result; it could even not be a device Jefferies is capable of replicating: Archangels exact quote is "We have developed a countermeasure to your misdirection." It could be a drug or something else entirely; we don't know in adition we never saw him designing or storing information about it on a computer, it is equally likely the blueprints for said countermeasure are in Dark Beast's and or Archangel's head. So as far as I can see Dark Beast's countermeasure (whatever it is) is off the table as is Sage's data mining for information on Fantomex. That still leaves two members on your team that are vulnerable to his misdirection and your team with no knowledge on how to defend against it.

In the time before the machine takes effect, Sage will use her considerable abilities to break through the Misdirection. In the Dark Angel Saga, AoA Wolverine was able to see through the illusion when he realized that things were not as they should be. Sage will not only be expecting Misdirection, her computer-like brain is far more adept than Wolverine's at cataloging the environment and situation around her. She'll be able to almost instantly detect the flaws in the Misdirection and break out of it.

Problem with this as well; Weapon X has seemingly adopted Appoclypse's powers with his own; he showcased the ability to teleport, generate energy blasts and control the horsemen. It is unknown what other abilities he may have gained any one of which could be responsible for his ability to break misdirection. In addition Wolverine has a long history of being resistant and outright immune to telepathic manipulation; Sage does not without utalizing her firewall, if memory serves she has been mind controlled by Karma before. Regardless I don't think Weapon X's ability to dispel misdirection has much if any bearing on Sage's.

A couple of issues here. First of all, this seems like modifying the battlefield to me. I can't use my prep to have Jeffries turn some of my gear into a killer robot and position that behind your starting position so that it kills them as soon as the match starts, and I don't think your strategy is really any different from that. You have a set starting position, and that counts for Gear, as well. EVA is pretty much a character in her own right, too, so I would argue that she has to start at the starting point.

I don't know, but just to be on the safe side let's go with you being correct and that counts as modifying the battlefield. Now the starting point is considerably closer than the one miles I had E.V.A at before and the 1.75 miles the T-Shpere's were at. The original plan is still in play, the distance's just need to be modified. And with shorter distance between the starting positions, your team effectively has less time to react and defend themselves and arguably I wouldn't need the T-Sphere's to interface with E.V.A given the shorter distance. But at the start of the battle E.V.A rises up, aquires a target lock, Terrific does his thing and we have the same result.

And second, does E.V.A. even have targeting systems? I can't remember her ever using them, and she doesn't have any weapons, so they would be kind of superfluous.

She does she has scanners and weapons.

Spider-Man is something like 15 times faster than a human. I don't remember Haste being nearly that much of an enhancement in any of the FF games. Maybe it would amp Kakashi that much, but Terrific isn't even peak human and Fantomex is at best near peak. Haste will give them a boost, but Spider-Man level? I'm skeptical.

You are correct and I have some egg on my face: On the matter of haste I misread the post Cadence made; According to in game stats Haste increases speed in FFXIII by 1.5 times so that is the measurement I'll be using along with the afformentioned 30% increase to durability etc.

(Confession: I never finish FF XIII, though, so Haste may have been amped.)

*Gasp* How can you call yourself Human?! :P

Wait, Kakashi has phasing? Research fail on my part, lol.

No he doesn't at least not in the sense you're thinking but he does have jutsu in his catalogue that let him conceal himself undergrown.

As I said above, I think these should have to fire from your starting position, not from the sky. But either way, my team has the reaction feats to keep up with them. Blink is able to open a portal in time to redirect King Hyperion's heat vision, turning it on Hyperion himself. She's also able to block on of Silver Surfer's energy blasts, even though she clearly doesn't 'port the rock until after Surfer has fired. She can also open up huge portals, easily large enough to give my entire team cover. She can open one in front of my team, let the T-Spheres go through it, and send them to the moon.

I'll concede that Blink does have the reaction times to blink the three T-Sphere's sent her way. The rest of yout team; I'm dubious about Human reactions are about 1/4 th of a second anything moving faster than that is effectively unreactable, now from your scan Flash is about 20 ft away from Alchemy in that room; to cross that distance in one second Flash needs to be moving at a speed of 13.63 mph. Now the peak speed he could be moving and still be reactable at would be 54.52 mph. Anything faster than that and Flash is unreactable. Now assuming he has superhuman reactions double that of a normal Human he could potentially track Flash moving at 109mph. That's not nearly as impressive as it looks and a far cry from reacting to three projectiles moving at mach 65, he wouldn't be able to percieve them; or react to them. Jeffries and Sage would be even less likely to react as he's building robots and she's trying to defend from a misdirection that's not coming. Now since you have Blink off on her own observing my team from the top of the tower; I don't think she'll be able to defend herself and your team at the same time. Not to mention I'm doubtful that her tele-spear can outrun a T-Sphere that has a lead on her. That still leaves two (likely) three members of your team down for the count.

Even if the basic roster doesn't include gear, my team still has 45 minutes with access to every computer on the planet, thanks to Sage. She can easily find out everything they've got on Terrific, along with the rest of your team.

First I think even with Sage's ability to mine data, scowering every computer in the world is going to take far longer than her prep allows, on the magnitude of days or weeks, given not only the sheer number of database's she has to process but also any encrption she'll encounter and have to circumvent. Secondly ( as per your prep) she's busy looking for a countermeasure's and information for Fantomex's misdirection (information I'm doubtful she'll be able to find). Now from a basic roster the obvious target to go for data mining is Fantomex; he is arguably the strongest member of my team and the one who seemingly could cause the most damage. Now given that Sage has less than an hour to scower the world's computer's for information and she has to prioritze who she's looking for, it seems highly unlikey that Terffic (a guy with no powers) would rate higher than a casual glance given the time constraints she in. And even if she did she has no idea about Terrific's altered moral state and there is no evidence that would even alert her to the likelyhood that he'd attempt lethal force from any source she'd be able to pull from. Your team without a doubt has the means to take down the T-Sphere's they are just lacking (imo) the knowledge on how to effectively counter them.

The more time you give my team, the more powerful we'll get.

I know, that's why my strategy is to take out your guys as quickly as possible. Now I believe I arguably have three members of your team down, leaving Blink alone. Now I can have Lightning preasure her with shots from Omega Weapon, E.V.A can rain down lasers, Terrific still has four T-Sphere's so he can send use those as projectiles, and as he's already seen that she can teleport them out of the air, he can self destruct them a distance away and use the shockwave to either take her out or disorient her, meanwhile Fantomex's sentient bullets will track whatever he's aiming at (he's used this to fool Magneto and Archangel); it is doubtful she will know about this and the Kakashi clone can use his Sharingan to track her movements and intercept her with shuriken or Kunai. Even given her evasion, Blink will eventually falter and it's only gonna take one of those attacks to hit before she goes down too.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sovereign91001: @Esquire: Voting is OPEN! Till Thursday then a winner will be chosen.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001 Since voting is already open, I won't bring any new information. I just want to carify a few things.

I have to dispute this; Fantomex is a thief; he does what he does by not calling attention to himself, he operates in the shadows; few know he exists and even fewer know he's a mutant. It is highly unlikely that there'd be information (or rather anything Sage could use as a tactical advantage) lying around. The greatest source of information about him was the Weapon plus satalite and The Weapon Plus facility and of course Fantomex himself both source's of information were destroyed and Fantomex is shielded from TP.

She doesn't even need to search for information, though. During her time with the Exiles, Sage was given the knowledge and memories of Roma, one of the Omniversal Gaurdians and a nigh-omniscient. She knows basically everything about everything in the Marvel Universe. And even if she didn't know anything about Fantomex, she could read his genetic code from a mere picture of him, which would give her full knowledge of his powerset.

No Caption Provided
Dark Beast was never shown working on his device; it could even not be a device Jefferies is capable of replicating: It could be a drug or something else entirely;

If a drug would be effective, then Alchemy can synthesize it. Or Jeffries can build a machine to do so. My team is capable of making anything that Dark Beast could make, and they can do it in mere moments. With Sage's knowledge of Fantomex, either from Roma or from a scan of his genetic code, she and Jeffries together should have little trouble figuring out how to counteract Jean-Philippe.

Problem with this as well; Weapon X has seemingly adopted Appoclypse's powers with his own; he showcased the ability to teleport, generate energy blasts and control the horsemen. It is unknown what other abilities he may have gained any one of which could be responsible for his ability to break misdirection. In addition Wolverine has a long history of being resistant and outright immune to telepathic manipulation; Sage does not without utalizing her firewall, if memory serves she has been mind controlled by Karma before. Regardless I don't think Weapon X's ability to dispel misdirection has much if any bearing on Sage's.

Apocalypse has never demonstrated any abilities that would allow him to directly counter Misdirection. Weapon X's TP resistance has no bearing, since Fantomex is totally immune to TP and the Deathlok Fantomex was able to misdirect him. Telepathic powers have never stopped misdirection, either. The misdirection was working fine until Wolverine realized that things weren't as they should be, at which point it broke down. From what we've seen on Misdirection, Apocalypse has no powers to counter it. It seems reasonable to interpret it as Weapon X realizing things were wrong, since he broke through it once he realized Jean was gone.

She does she has scanners and weapons. [Scans]

Out of curiosity, what arc are those from? That's not Morrison's New X-Men, is it?

I'll concede that Blink does have the reaction times to blink the three T-Sphere's sent her way. The rest of yout team; I'm dubious about Human reactions are about 1/4 th of a second anything moving faster than that is effectively unreactable, now from your scan Flash is about 20 ft away from Alchemy in that room; to cross that distance in one second Flash needs to be moving at a speed of 13.63 mph. Now the peak speed he could be moving and still be reactable at would be 54.52 mph. Anything faster than that and Flash is unreactable. Now assuming he has superhuman reactions double that of a normal Human he could potentially track Flash moving at 109mph. That's not nearly as impressive as it looks and a far cry from reacting to three projectiles moving at mach 65, he wouldn't be able to percieve them; or react to them.

The Rogues are all ringers. They're ostensibly unenhanced humans, but they have consistent reaction feats to put them way above that. Here, Alchemy transmutes the ground and makes a wall before Flash can get to him:

Now since you have Blink off on her own observing my team from the top of the tower; I don't think she'll be able to defend herself and your team at the same time. Not to mention I'm doubtful that her tele-spear can outrun a T-Sphere that has a lead on her. That still leaves two (likely) three members of your team down for the count.

Since you won't be launching the T-Spheres until EVA has had time to fly up and lock onto a target, Blink will have had plenty of time to survey your team. She'll already be attacking with the sedative, or perhaps even trying to trap your team in Alchemy's prison. She can even 'port EVA away once she starts flying, which eliminates the ship's targeting systems entirely. Or, since she won't know that EVA is sentient, she might use her bolts to tele-dismember the ship.

No Caption Provided

On the off-chance that EVA somehow gets past Blink, locks onto my team, and Terrific is able to launch the spheres before he's either sedated or trapped, then Blink can still block them once they start to move. As I showed above, she was able to 'port something in front of one of Silver Surfer's energy blasts after the blast was fired. Energy blasts ostensibly move at light speed, so she should have no trouble with the T-Spheres. She can either 'port a chunk of the environment to block them, or 'port herself in front of them and open a portal like she did against King Hyperion. Either way, she should have little trouble covering my team.

Even if the basic roster doesn't include gear, my team still has 45 minutes with access to every computer on the planet, thanks to Sage. She can easily find out everything they've got on Terrific, along with the rest of your team.

First I think even with Sage's ability to mine data, scowering every computer in the world is going to take far longer than her prep allows. Secondly ( as per your prep) she's busy looking for a countermeasure's and information for Fantomex's misdirection (information I'm doubtful she'll be able to find). Now given that Sage has less than an hour to scower the world's computer's for information and she has to prioritze who she's looking for, it seems highly unlikey that Terffic (a guy with no powers) would rate higher than a casual glance given the time constraints she in. Your team without a doubt has the means to take down the T-Sphere's they are just lacking (imo) the knowledge on how to effectively counter them.

As I said above, Sage should start the match with knowledge about Fantomex already. But even if she doesn't, one of the advantages of her computer-like mind is the ability to focus on multiple tasks at once. As an example, here she is monitoring news feeds and superheroes across the world, helping to repair the X-Jet, keeping track of everything within the X-Mansion, monitoring a Danger Room session, and planning a mission, all at the same time.

With that kind of multitasking ability, she'll be able to research all of your characters and plan with Jeffries at the same time.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Couple of points I'd like to bring up as well.

My team is capable of making anything that Dark Beast could make, and they can do it in mere moments.

They may be capable of making it but again my problem is it was never seen being worked on a computer, being stored on a computer or anything of the like, it is entirely plausible that the designs of the device are in Dark Beast's and or Archangel's head, in which case it's inaccsesable to your team.

Out of curiosity, what arc are those from? That's not Morrison's New X-Men, is it?

Nah, they're from the Weapon X series; issue 24

The Rogues are all ringers. They're ostensibly unenhanced humans, but they have consistent reaction feats to put them way above that. Here, Alchemy transmutes the ground and makes a wall before Flash can get to him:

This is sorta a problem I have when dealing with Flash Speed feats; unless he's stated moving at a certain speed or some clue is given, it's hard to extrapolate how fast he's moving. I think I did a fairly reasonable job before this time I'm not able to really determine a speed. That being said I will say characters such as Wolverine, Spider-Man and X-23 are capable of moving fast enough to leave afterimages of themselves and none of them have speed approaching anything close to the Flash or being able to track a projectile moving 50,000 mph. I will say that Flash is probably moving faster than the 109 mph (or so) from the earlier scan but I still believe he's going a good deal slower than Mach 65, it's not in Flash's character to bust out the higher end of his speed unless he's facing opponets with super speed themselves and generally speaking I seem to remember a Flash (can't remember if it's Barry or Wally) that they tend to keep their speed below Mach 10 for fear of enviormental devastation Even assuming Alchemy can react to a Flash moving Mach 10 (I think that's pretty generous) he is still too slow to dodge the T-Sphere, then there's the problem that he's not even expecting the attack (he's transmuting stuff), so he's unaware it's coming and any auditory cues (sonic boom) would occur well after the attack has landed.

Since you won't be launching the T-Spheres until EVA has had time to fly up and lock onto a target, Blink will have had plenty of time to survey your team.

E.V.A is capable of interplanetary speeds (possibly FTL), it's going to not take her any length of time too fly up and aquire a lock.

On the off-chance that EVA somehow gets past Blink, locks onto my team, and Terrific is able to launch the spheres before he's either sedated or trapped, then Blink can still block them once they start to move. As I showed above, she was able to 'port something in front of one of Silver Surfer's energy blasts after the blast was fired. Energy blasts ostensibly move at light speed, so she should have no trouble with the T-Spheres. She can either 'port a chunk of the environment to block them, or 'port herself in front of them and open a portal like she did against King Hyperion. Either way, she should have little trouble covering my team.

Still doubtful, Blink see's E.V.A see's the sphere's coming at her, manages to block them (she doesn't even know where the other sphere's are going, so she'll have to track them, extrapolate we're they are going and again to reiterate I'm doubtful of the travel speed of her tele-spears being able to outrun a speeding T-Sphere (she'd have to get ahead of it to open a portal in front of it or hit a piece of the environment, and then open a portal in front of it).

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001 said:

They may be capable of making it but again my problem is it was never seen being worked on a computer, being stored on a computer or anything of the like, it is entirely plausible that the designs of the device are in Dark Beast's and or Archangel's head, in which case it's inaccsesable to your team.

Although this may or may not be true of Dark Beast's specific design, Sage and Jeffries should be able to figure out a counter, anyway. Jeffries has never had trouble building anything, really. He seems to have an almost Forge-like instinctive knowledge of how to build technology. Combined with Sage's genius and her ability to read DNA, I don't at all think it's unreasonable for the pair to concoct a plan to counter Misdirection.

This is sorta a problem I have when dealing with Flash Speed feats;

Yeah, no way to prove Flash's speed either way. I don't have anything quantified as far as Alchemy's reaction time other than "very good," I'm afraid.

E.V.A is capable of interplanetary speeds (possibly FTL), it's going to not take her any length of time too fly up and aquire a lock.

Fantomex still has to eject her, and EVA has only once demonstrated anywhere near that kind of speed. I've showed how fast Blink can teleport, every second counts when she's concerned.

Still doubtful, Blink see's E.V.A see's the sphere's coming at her, manages to block them (she doesn't even know where the other sphere's are going, so she'll have to track them, extrapolate we're they are going and again to reiterate I'm doubtful of the travel speed of her tele-spears being able to outrun a speeding T-Sphere (she'd have to get ahead of it to open a portal in front of it or hit a piece of the environment, and then open a portal in front of it).

She can simply teleport herself in-between her team and the spheres. She can teleport without going through a portal, so her movement speed isn't a problem. And she could open a portal fast enough to catch King Hyperion's heat vision, so she can open them pretty quickly. (Teleporting while unable to move: This shows that she doesn't need to go through portals to 'port.)

No Caption Provided
Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dredeuced

Though I question some of his reasoning, I still think Esquire put up the best argument, so I'll give him my vote.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sovereign91001

Bump

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sovereign91001

Bump

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By boschePG

@Sovereign91001: @Esquire:

Is this up for vote?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dredeuced

@boschePG said:

@Sovereign91001: @Esquire:

Is this up for vote?

@CadenceV2 said:

@Sovereign91001: @Esquire: Voting is OPEN! Till Thursday then a winner will be chosen.

Every thread has been opened for voting for the last three days.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By boschePG

@Esquire: @Sovereign91001: closest battle I have ever seen but I give it to Esquire for the simple fact that I dont know what a Paradigm shift is Sovereign91001. Im assuming its a field effect

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Esquire

@boschePG: Paradigm shift is just her changing weaponry/fighting style. Thanks for the vote!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pokergeist

@Sovereign91001: @Esquire: Very Very good match.

Esquire wins by 2 Votes.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Well seems I lost, great debate and best of luck to you going forward in the tournament!

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Well done on your side of things! I just voted for you in ThunderGod's tournament, I hope you go far in that one!