How would you fair against Nolan Batman?

• 170 results
PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PantyPolice

Was anyone heavily dissapointed in the martial arts done in the trilogy. The first movie wasn't horrible but wasn't good and out of stealth he was a buffoon, the second movie had Batman getting beat up by dogs, and the last movie had Batman more or less throwing haymakers like no tomorrow.

People keep saying that it's more realistic or "effective" but anyone who knows anything about martial arts knows that it was just a matter of horrible stunt work.

The only thing that is in the whole trilogy is his cape gliding, tech, and his bad taste in girls.

Give me all his gear (he still has it as well), give me some time to get used to the tech, and just cut the gliding out of the battle as an option and I could take Batman down via some tech + actual martial arts.

The martial arts in the 2nd and third movies are so bad that you could equate it to a bar fight.

I certainly don't have the raw power that Bane does, but I'd still cut the shitty version of Batman's neck open with some batarangs once I get into close combat.

How would you fair?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce would beat my ass like a red headed step child.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd win.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PantyPolice

I mean I wouldn't like my chances if half my life so far hasn't been martial arts, but even with a fraction of that I'd still be confident to deal with that kind of situation. I'm not saying I need all my training, I'm saying I likely wouldn't win if I had zero training though.

Kung Fu and my weapons training on various styles (though I guess kung fu also had some weapons training) would be enough to deal with him. I wouldn't rely too much on grappling though with his strength and would keep myself at a trapping range with two batarangs in hand in an attempt to keep to the inside of his guard or circle him to go for an easy kill. Knowing Batman though in this verse,he'd throw haymakes and make my job 10000x easier.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stormdriven

I'd beat him.

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well first of all, I'd be fighting a fighting a thirty-some year old man dressed as a bat with apparent throat cancer, so my initial reaction would be to call the cops. Then I would run. I'm bad at fighting, but I'm really good at running and with bat gadgets to hold Batman back, I would last until the cops arrived, arrested him, and got me psychiatric help to deal with the sheer emotional and mental trauma caused by crazy people dressed as flying rodents chasing you around in the middle of the night.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would easily annihilate him! For starters, I can just fry him with my heat vision. That's just one option, a quick death. After that... things get bad for the Batman.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Do I get prep? ehh whatever I still die.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zaied

This is very stupid... No one here is beating Nolan Batman at all.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he's not in the batsuit and with gear it could go either way other than that he'd beat me.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ostyo

A lot of delusional nerds out there apparently.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DarthAznable

Honestly without gear I believe I could take Balebat we're roughly the same size except Bale has a good 4 inches on me. With his gear though there's nothing I could do.

The martial arts was rather disappointing though. Some people call it "hyper" realistic but please. I've seen more realistic fights in martial arts movies (more recent ones)

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just stare at him and he dies.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Took down 4 guys BEFORE he got martial arts training from Ra's in Begins, took out a plethora of guys when he first went out as Batman, took out 6 guys in TDK's beginning, took out all the guys in Bane's hide-out in TDKR.

He lost one fight in the entire trilogy after he trained with Ra's and yet people still doubt his skills? Nolan's Batman was realistic, so the fineness style of fighting you wanted to see was not going to happen. What you saw was how real martial artists fight.

Or are you disappointed that in a fight with 5 villains that each villain didn't wait till one villain was defeated before the other decides to join the fight.

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd kick his butt

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Haha, anyone who says they could take Nolan Batman, even with gear are kidding themselves, I doubt anyone here would be as ruthless as him in a fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ostyo: Haha, anyone who says they could take Nolan Batman, even with gear are kidding themselves, I doubt anyone here would be as ruthless as him in a fight.

A Royal Marine, or probably just about any other soldier with an equal ranking across the world, could probably take him. Someone like Jon Jones probably could. There might even be a few people on here that could take him given the martial arts track records I've come across.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Edit: I meant to say pretty much everyone on this site, I agree there are highly capable people out there that can take Nolan Batman.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took down 4 guys BEFORE he got martial arts training from Ra's in Begins, took out a plethora of guys when he first went out as Batman, took out 6 guys in TDK's beginning, took out all the guys in Bane's hide-out in TDKR.

He lost one fight in the entire trilogy after he trained with Ra's and yet people still doubt his skills? Nolan's Batman was realistic, so the fineness style of fighting you wanted to see was not going to happen. What you saw was how real martial artists fight.

Or are you disappointed that in a fight with 5 villains that each villain didn't wait till one villain was defeated before the other decides to join the fight.

Feat 1 is garbage since those guys couldn't fight for shit anyway. Plus normal people are garbage, plus that feat is pointless considering he got training, and to evaluate said training, we have to look at the finished product, a trash fighter with good training could become a good fighter, but with this, the martial arts he picked up isn't all that quality. Don't take "he beat this many people to heart", they were lesser than real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3aUIgwwqrA

That's a video of a staged (just like the dark knight trilogy) fight, where a guy defeats 2 people.

From the skill, strength, etc etc displayed from the Dark Knight trilogy, I could destroy Batman with basic trapping.

I am a real martial artists. My friends and I have been in plenty of real fights, both against inexperienced fucks and skilled martial artists/street fighters. I've had people pull knives on me, I've had people threaten to kill me, etc etc.

People don't flip around and shit, but this is not realistic, this is just bar brawling level of crap martial arts. None of the moves were effecient or quick, it had no sort of trapping knowledge involved (trapping is very much involved in real fighting), their was little to no territory domination/defense, etc etc.

You don't know anything about martial arts if you thought it was quality fighting or if you thought it was "realistic", it's realistic for a martial artist who has taken it casually for 2 weeks. Every single attack than Nolan Batman does is easily counterable/dodgeable.

I'm not sure if it was because they had zero faith in Bale or if Bale is just a shitty fighter/martial artist, but it was garbage and as telegraphed as a natural birth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPQMU9lU3Q

That's the level of martial arts that Batman should have. I would admit that that level can beat me, but not only is the fighting in the batman trilogy horrible, it's also far from realistic.

Watch Batman vs Bane first one, they attack, block, and stop, probably due to forgetting their next technique. Bane catches Batman's fists in his palms (oh yeah, superrrrrrr realistic)

Seriously, you're the worst kind of person, the kind who feigns like they know so much about a subject without knowing anything about it.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Let's watch Batman hold his hand back to wind up for the most telegraphed punch for 2 seconds while grunting like he's in DBZ to finally release the punch. Let's watch a 2 second delay after each attack before it continues. Let's watch horrible technique and tons of openings on both sides of the fight.

The martial arts Batman does in especially this fight scene, Batman might as well have never picked up martial arts it's that bad. He's a worse fighter than a regular bloke off the street.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd get destroyed by any of them lol. But the question in general is, which Baleman are we talking about? Obviously in The Dark Knight Rises he was way way out of practice and his leg was screwed so he was bound to be slow and ineffective (relatively speaking). You can't judge all of his showing equally is what I'm saying.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

I'd get destroyed by any of them lol. But the question in general is, which Baleman are we talking about? Obviously in The Dark Knight Rises he was way way out of practice and his leg was screwed so he was bound to be slow and ineffective (relatively speaking). You can't judge all of his showing equally is what I'm saying.

He had the machine which let him kick through cement didn't he on his legs?

Also he clearly demonstrated a lack of knowledge of fighting mechanics in every single movie.

Heck some dogs took him to the floor in the dark knight. A chasse bass would have ended said dogs with so much armor.

Redmonkeyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All I need is a relevant background and backstory to take him down.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am training in martial arts since 8years.

I will kill him

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirNeko
Loading Video...

He would one shot me and everyone else in CV.

@pantypolice is ComicVine's own Karate Kid, he fights Kryptonians in his spare time.

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste said:

A Royal Marine, or probably just about any other soldier with an equal ranking across the world, could probably take him. Someone like Jon Jones probably could. There might even be a few people on here that could take him given the martial arts track records I've come across.

There is no question, Jon Jones would own this guy. Jon Jones in Batman gear is funny and horrifying at the same time.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on, HES THE BATMAN!

Ofc he'd whoop my ass

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pantypolice: I said that Nolan tried to portray REALISTIC fighting in TDK trilogy and you show me a goddamn staged fight scene? What is wrong with you, look at MMA fighters, fighters who a trained in Martial Arts, and tell me if you see the choreographed fight scenes you see in movies. Mind you, Batman showed enough technique when fighting in one on ones throughout the trilogy.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@pantypolice: No. You couldn't do anything to him other than get your face rearranged. Everyone here would be stomped by Nolan Batman.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Feat 1 is garbage since those guys couldn't fight for shit anyway. Plus normal people are garbage, plus that feat is pointless considering he got training, and to evaluate said training, we have to look at the finished product, a trash fighter with good training could become a good fighter, but with this, the martial arts he picked up isn't all that quality. Don't take "he beat this many people to heart", they were lesser than real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3aUIgwwqrA

That's a video of a staged (just like the dark knight trilogy) fight, where a guy defeats 2 people.

From the skill, strength, etc etc displayed from the Dark Knight trilogy, I could destroy Batman with basic trapping.

I am a real martial artists. My friends and I have been in plenty of real fights, both against inexperienced fucks and skilled martial artists/street fighters. I've had people pull knives on me, I've had people threaten to kill me, etc etc.

People don't flip around and shit, but this is not realistic, this is just bar brawling level of crap martial arts. None of the moves were effecient or quick, it had no sort of trapping knowledge involved (trapping is very much involved in real fighting), their was little to no territory domination/defense, etc etc.

You don't know anything about martial arts if you thought it was quality fighting or if you thought it was "realistic", it's realistic for a martial artist who has taken it casually for 2 weeks. Every single attack than Nolan Batman does is easily counterable/dodgeable.

I'm not sure if it was because they had zero faith in Bale or if Bale is just a shitty fighter/martial artist, but it was garbage and as telegraphed as a natural birth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPQMU9lU3Q

That's the level of martial arts that Batman should have. I would admit that that level can beat me, but not only is the fighting in the batman trilogy horrible, it's also far from realistic.

Watch Batman vs Bane first one, they attack, block, and stop, probably due to forgetting their next technique. Bane catches Batman's fists in his palms (oh yeah, superrrrrrr realistic)

Seriously, you're the worst kind of person, the kind who feigns like they know so much about a subject without knowing anything about it.

Well said. I couldn't agree with you more. I always felt that the fight choreography was horrible in the Nolan Batman films. Most of the strikes are telegraphed and would seem easily countered by anyone who is at least a little proficient in Martial Arts.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PantyPolice

@sirneko said:
Loading Video...

He would one shot me and everyone else in CV.

@pantypolice is ComicVine's own Karate Kid, he fights Kryptonians in his spare time.

Is this supposed to be impressive?

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PantyPolice

@erik said:

@pantypolice: No. You couldn't do anything to him other than get your face rearranged. Everyone here would be stomped by Nolan Batman.

Nolan Batman has literal no skill.

Comic Batman would solo a team up of China, Japan, England, and the US.

Nolan Batman is just horrible at martial arts/prep/intelligence/stats.

@superguy1591:

The Nolan fight scenes AREN'T realistic. If someone tried to fight like that irl, they'd get their nose drilled into their brain by a punch.

No Caption Provided

That's a skilled Batman.

Bale Batman throws punches that he telegraphs and waits 2 seconds to punch.

Real striking is done like Samart Payakaroon, not the horrible technique/speed that Bale was dishing out. Also I showed the horrible high school film because "well he beat all these people in his movie" isn't a feat that would compare, only his skill level, since those people were trash that he defeated.

Loading Video...

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would get my neck broken and I don't consider myself a novice. I mean he's Batman? He beats up entire groups of people in those films and heals a broken back doing pushups.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

A lot of delusional nerds out there apparently.

They're quite puzzling, really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We would all DIE. If he killed of course. But this guy is a ninja, knows at least 3 martial arts styles that were mentioned, beat other ninjas, stalemated Ra's al ghul, beat bane, countless groups of armed thugs, a swat team, a group of prisoners, a rooftop full of prisoners, easily flight his way to bane through an entire street full of banes thugs and cops, and has better physicals. Unless anyone else here can pull a 200+ pound man up from a cliff with one arm while hanging from the other, do pushups and pullups after a broken back, or can aim dodge bullets. Plus he's way more durable considering he took punches from bane and fell out of a skyscraper. Mr. OP, you would get destroyed.

And dogs aren't going exactly easy to fight, especially a group of them. Dogs kill people and martial arts don't teach you to fight dogs. Let's see you take on 3 dogs and get out of it OK.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's embarrassing how people actually think they could take him.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Seriously, one dog is tough enough, but three Rottweiler coming at you out for blood with a psychopath hitting you with a steel pipe?

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd win.

Are you sure? He seems to throw punches so hard that people get knocked down by the concussive force of the air displacement.

Or perhaps they just fall down while running to him before he finishes throwing his punches.

Ugh,terrible acting and performance. I mean,my favorite was the 2nd movie,and even that one was filled with idiotic moments (school bus that comes out of side of bank filled with grown men in clown masks drive past police cars,and it doesn't even bat an eye. I swear Gotham's protective forces are so incompetent).

Anyway,I'd lose against Nolan Batman

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PantyPolice

@jayc1324 said:

We would all DIE. If he killed of course. But this guy is a ninja, knows at least 3 martial arts styles that were mentioned, beat other ninjas, stalemated Ra's al ghul, beat bane, countless groups of thugs, a swat team, a group of prisoners, and has better physicals. Unless anyone else here can pull a 200+ pound man up from a cliff with one arm while hanging from the other, or can aim dodge bullets. Plus he's way more durable considering he took punches from bane and fell out of a skyscraper. Mr. OP you would get destroyed. And dogs aren't going exactly easy to fight, especially a group of them. Dogs kill people and martial arts don't teach you to fight dogs. Let's see you take on 3 dogs and get out of it OK.

Beating Ra's, BAne, countless thugs, a swat team, and a group of prisoners is not impressive since everyone in the movie has been shown to be stupid/lack the skill.

Heck Liam Neeson did better martial arts in Taken then anyone in this movie and that was pretty minimalist.

The only thing he has on me is strength/gliding with cape ability/money.

I would tear his bum open with martial arts. I don't care how implied of a bad ass he is, he's a garbage martial artist/fighter. He gets through 99% of his situations via pis and "because he's Batman"

I don't care how strong he is though, he won't be able to strike me with his garbage fighting skill and if he comes in for a grapple I'd shove a batarang into the back of his neck.

If he tried to knife fight me with the batarangs, I'd crush him by default via filipino knife fighting/stick fighting training.

Beating those people isn't the same as beating them in teh comics or irl.

It's a pretty weak depiction of gotham, and if everyone is weaker, it's not impressive.

I could take out the idiots in the trilogy. Heck a real swat individual unit would take out the weak shit BAne Batman brings to the table.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: not to mention his sonar vision was damaged and he could barely see.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Batman would wreck us all.

Nolan/Bale Batman is COMPLETE GARBAGE as a martial artist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pantypolice: they aren't weak or unskilled, they are regular people like me and you. Did you travel the world to learn martial arts? Can you take on three dogs at once with limited vision? Can you beat a ninja (or a group of them)? Can you beat a superhuman (bane)? How many martial arts do you know? If you were to be put in jail and had every prisoner try to kill you everyday how long would you survive? Batman wouldn't even need to fight you, he'd just put a batarang in you and that'd be it.

I admit some of the fighting scenes were shot weird or even outright terrible but he would beat you unless you can do the stuff he did right now.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Comic Batman would wreck us all.

Nolan/Bale Batman is COMPLETE GARBAGE as a martial artist.

Okay.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PantyPolice

@jayc1324 said:

@pantypolice: they aren't weak or unskilled, they are regular people like me and you. Did you travel the world to learn martial arts? Can you take on three dogs at once with limited vision? Can you beat a ninja (or a group of them)? Can you beat a superhuman (bane)? How many martial arts do you know? If you were to be put in jail and had every prisoner try to kill you everyday how long would you survive? Batman wouldn't even need to fight you, he'd just put a batarang in you and that'd be it.

I admit some of the fighting scenes were shot weird or even outright terrible but he would beat you unless you can do the stuff he did right now.

I can beat the weak ass "ninjas" that are in that movie. Yes I can. Yes I can take on three dogs at once with limited vision, especially with that full armor. I could beat Bane, he's also a garbage martial artist.

All these characters are like the characters in Skyrim. They are bad ass on paper but when you actually experience it, you realize it's garbage.

Taekwondo, Capoeira, Kung Fu, Silat, Karate, Muay Thai/a little Muay Boran, Savate, Pankration, Filipino martial arts, Judo, a little Aikido, an assassination style that I learned via my friend and his father, it's a family style in their family that has been passed on for generations, I have trained with weapons (mainly swords) for around 16 years and have a lot of experience with swords. That's from different styles, but I also have training with knives/sticks, throwing knives, spear, staff, archery, and a lot of strange unique weapons. I also did a style of martial arts I won't list due to having a horrible fall out with the teacher, he was racist and he threatened to send all his students to beat my ass, it was hilarious but that involved jujutsu, anti weapons while unarmed, and a lot of weapons as well. It was a bad mess.

I would wreck Batman's shit if I had a sword, Nolan one, not comic, comic book Batman is the one I respect the most on his skill.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45 frozen  Moderator

He's superhuman by our standards.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 frozen  Moderator
PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

He's superhuman by our standards.

Anyone with basic understanding on territory, trapping, and is smart enough to keep to the inside of his guard would beat the shit out of him and wouldn't be punched.

Batman is more or less the less skilled version of Roy in Arrow.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords: No human would remotely stand a chance. Literally, it amazes me how people think these movies are 'realistic', he took on a S.W.A.T team, he healed fatal injuries in a matter of months, he took hits from a superhuman, etc. Physically, he exceeds any human, he would rofltstomp a marine a fight, probably five of them seen as though he can take on geared ninja's.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PantyPolice

@frozen said:

@pantypolice:

I could beat Bane

Loading Video...

Comic Bane is a master martial artist and genius.

Nolan Bane is a glorified jock with super strength.

A knife to his throat would kill him and he doesn't have the speed/skill to land a hit. I mean I certainly if hit would be doomed but he's such a garbage martial artist (mainly due to the actors who played batman and bane being such garbage martial artists)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By frozen  Moderator