Jack Hawksmoor
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Hexus is taking over Jack's New York City that he is currently in.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Did you read this in the thread Super-Buster made?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

From the other thread (this is the right place for it now).

Jacky said:

"Just read Hexus' profile and wow, I really need to read me some Marvel Boy. THe King/God of Cities versus an idea? I suppose it would depend on what you set as the winning scenario. Jack can destroy its buildings and kill its employees and generally make Hexus a very weak idea but can he ever truly beat it?"
I think he could beat it the same way Noh-Varr did, he'd just have to think of it that way. He would probably first try to fight it by destroying it's buildings (and employees) but it would most likely still be around, just incredibly weak like you said. Hexus couldn't really fight back though (unless it had been established for a while and had technology for weapons and military vehicles) so that might be enough. To really beat it he'd have to go the route of Marvel Boy and have the company go bankrupt. I think destroying every building or factory that is owned by  Hexus or makes Brand Hex products would destroy a normal company but Hexus isn't a normal company so he might have to do more than just physical damage which he'd probably realize.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Martian

No I didn't read it, what thread was that from?

Actually I was updating Marvel Boy related stuff and came across Hexus and saw you were the one who edited his page, whichautomatically made me think of Jack LOL

Oh and I agree with you on the battle.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Here. Think it would be an interesting read or something fun to think about, but I don't think it's that great as a straight battle.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Martian
Buckshot said:
"Here. Think it would be an interesting read or something fun to think about, but I don't think it's that great as a straight battle."
Battle wise it wouldn't be that interesting, but seeing Jack try to figure how to stop it would be cool. Noh-Varr had the advantage of somebody just telling him how to do it.
Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Super-Buster
<-----Jacky

Buckshot
said:
I think he could beat it the same way Noh-Varr did, he'd just have to think of it that way. He would probably first try to fight it by destroying it's buildings (and employees) but it would most likely still be around, just incredibly weak like you said. Hexus couldn't really fight back though (unless it had been established for a while and had technology for weapons and military vehicles) so that might be enough. To really beat it he'd have to go the route of Marvel Boy and have the company go bankrupt. I think destroying every building or factory that is owned by  Hexus or makes Brand Hex products would destroy a normal company but Hexus isn't a normal company so he might have to do more than just physical damage which he'd probably realize."
Hexus, the corporation would go bankrupt but isn't Hexus an idea? I'm not exactly sure how Hexus converts people but it would seem that destroying buildings would draw more attention to Hexus (I think Jack would start out with physical damage) and thus increase it's influence, as long as even the memory of Hexus exists it has influence over people and will probably be able to start up again. Again, I'm only going from Hexus' page but the Kree destroyed the entire timeline Hexus was in and it still survived, they had to lock it up in a Concept Dungeon, whatever that is. Maybe by working with the Authority Jack could bankrupt the company and then destroy every document that ever proved it existed, and generally impose martial law, punishing those who spoke of the name, maybe he could do that by himself, just controlling cities so that they forget about Hexus. What if Hexus sued Hawksmoor over structural damages(lol)? I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'll stop now. I just think that it depends on what Nobody defines as defeat for Hexus, if its bankruptcy of the company then I think Jack can achieve that, but if it's total eradication of the idea of Hexus I don't know.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm not sure how much being thought of matters for Hexus' survival. After Noh-Varr destroyed it he still knew about it and all the people on Earth (and other planets with life that saw the branding of Earth) still had knowledge of it, but it that didn't keep it alive. Don't know how the conversion works but I don't think just knowledge keeps it alive. (I seem to remember a couple people going to Hexus offices and being taken away by force, not just being instantly converted, but I may be mistaken.) I think the company part of it is just as important as the living idea part. If a company can't sell its product (because it's buildings won't stay up or  people  won't  go to the stores) then Hexus can't sustain itself or grow.

I think Jack is smart enough to beat Hexus without the help of something or someone giving him pointers. (Pretty sure Noh-Varr figured out how to do it on his own.) Jack showed that he's got some sense of the business world when he became president. He's handled economic and political problems in ways other than violence. And if he did need some help, the cities could give it to him. The buildings that housed the Hexus - I'm kind of wondering if Hexus is as much a part of the buildings as it is the people, but I don't think so. The buildings are left in ruins after Hexus moves on, more like dead host bodies than a part of the concept - could tell Jack what was going on inside them and from that he could figure out how to defeat them. He could learn Hexus' business strategies and counteract them (if Hexus opens a restaurant, Jack could open the sewers and let rats in, if it opens a mall, he could change where bums hang out and put them right outside, if it goes electronic he could destroy the building that houses their servers, etc) or pass them on to competitors like Noh-Varr did.

The idea of Hexus suing Hawksmoor or The Authority is great. Only problem is that Hawksmoor doesn't really care about his public image when there are bad guys out there. He's attacked foreign leaders and religious groups without worrying about how people thought of him. That might work better against Jack Marlowe (Wildcats 3.0).

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Super-Buster

I didn't know Marvel Boy actually killed it, I thought he just sorta weakened it to the point where it couldn't bother anyone because it was bankrupt. I thought Hexus existed as an idea but apparently it only exists as a corporation and now I think Hawksmoor would win. Bankrupting a Corporation is something that if anyone could do it, it would be Hawksmoor, I mean Marvel Boy could do it and he doesn't have half the resources as Hawksmoor. Jack actually controls the cities Hexus builds in and he can bring the corporation any number of ways whereas Hexus really has no way to harm Jack at all. The only way I see Hexus winning is if it somehow manages to hypnotize someone with enough power to kill Jack or hypnotize Jack himself but if they convert people by force then that is not likely at all to happen.