Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By greenteaforme

@Taliax said:

@Lvenger said:
Strength - Hard to tell. Herc has hefted Manhatten island and lifted a starship on his back before but Diana has helped to pull a 1/3rd of the Earth before and is said to be 'stronger than Hercules'.

I hate when people keep stating the "fact" that WW pulled 1/3 of Earths weight.
1. They where in space and moved Earth away from the gravitational pull of the sun, they didn't lift a mass equal to earth. Under water and in space; gravity is not as abundant. ex: I can lift people in a pool/underwater easily compared to on the surface. I have not been in space to give an example but I've seen astronauts jump a lot farther on the moon. Another ex: Moving mass compared to lifting it, I can push my 3000lb car in neutral but can't lift it, all I did was get its mass to move "The tires touching the ground are the biggest forms of resistance". In space; Earth has no friction "friction resistance" other than the sun's gravity.

2. People should understand weight displacement/transference. ex: If I try to lift something that is 300 pounds and max out at 290 and get my 10yo sister to help lift the remaining 10 pounds; by this forums logic because there were two of us lifting 300 pounds my little sister can now bench 150 pounds. There are also scans of Superman moving Earth on his own, so how anyone can actually tell what percentages Manhunter and Dianna are pulling is completely made up.

Sorry for the rant, this isn't directed at you Lvenger. All that out of the way I'm going 50/50 on this both fighters are very good h2h. Everyone forgets that Herc is one of the best wrestlers of all time and Dianna being an Amazon is a great fighter as well.

Your logic is flawed. You can search for yourself as to why.

Also, Wonder Woman's equipment in this situation is superior to Hercules's, except for possibly the helmet. Wonder Woman can also shoot Zeus lightning from her bracers, and her sword can easily cut through his. Wonder Woman takes it.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By PowerHerc

Hercules wins but then he helps Wonder Woman up and they become friends.

Hercules offering Wonder Woman a hand
Hercules offering Wonder Woman a hand
TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TAneT62

WW wins

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Outside_85

Herc's best bet is the Helmet and the Shield, the sword and the arrows are pretty much void because Diana can move so fast and he cant (and the otherwise armor proof arrows will be going up against the remains of the Aegis). That said, since Herc is probably not starting the fight invisible, Diana will most likely suspect there is something up with a shield featuring Medusa's head, while a piece of cloth covers the eyes.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Spydey

I hate necroing a thread, but...

@TAneT62: using that scan of her against Achilles doesn't say much because he was CLEARLY giving it to her to the point she had to resort to dirty tactics and choke him with the barbed wire and such. Something she only managed because he'd been in that world for, what, an entire 3 hours?

The scan of her punching her universe's Hercules looks like Herc is so far from serious, he's two seconds from pulling a watergun flower from his jacket pocket. I know it's just a display of her strength, but the thing is, when both up there in that power scale, even if that Herc's much stronger, he's still going to go flying back. The thing is seeing how many hits she can take from him.

Just like in ALL the threads of WW vs Thor where people use WW has handle Supes due to her combat skill as an example, they forget Thor's skilled in combat as well with years of experience. So here too, Hercules is skilled in combat with YEARS of experience AND has the strength to back it. You put Tony Jaa against some giant 300 lbs trucker, Tony'll probably win. But you put Tony against some 200 lbs trucker who's just as skilled as he..Tony's getting rocked.

Herc. Gets. The. Win.

And I vow to never necro a thread again. Scout's honour.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58  Edited By Pokeysteve

Wonder Woman fought the whole League blind in a training session. Can block bullets without being able to see. Stopped Flash while blindfolded. She can't speed blitz Herc here but she still has her speed. He'll be lucky to hit her. I've never seen any scans of Herc displaying any sort of combat skill. He just hits things.

Diana takes this.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Herc has this if it's just h2h combat.

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules takes this. Not completely easy, but he still wins 8/10 times. People are underestimating Herc's hand to hand skill. The man invented pankration! The first form of mixed martial arts. He's not just a dumb brute, no matter how the comics make him seem. He looks like a lovable oaf, and he kind of is, but his intelligence is far from sub-par. The feats he accomplished in the 12 labors alone is enough to dispute that. As for the strength, he still outclasses WW on that as well. She's got him on speed, combat or movement, but since she can't speed blitz him thats pretty much null and void. The weapons they're using are equal, and there is no proof that WW's sword can cut through Herc's mace. In fact I think there's a panel of Herc's mace and Thor's hammer colliding, with neither rupturing or hurting the other. So given that, I would say Herc's mace would warp WW's sword and destroy it completely. Herc isn't going to hide from the challenge of fighting her, and when they start it's going to shake the earth but eventually she's going to get into his range, and he grabs her. She may be fast, but Herc's skill as a wrestler alone guarantee's that he's going to get his hands on her eventually, and once that happens its game over for WW.

In short, Herc win's.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules takes this. Not completely easy, but he still wins 8/10 times. People are underestimating Herc's hand to hand skill. The man invented pankration! The first form of mixed martial arts. He's not just a dumb brute, no matter how the comics make him seem. He looks like a lovable oaf, and he kind of is, but his intelligence is far from sub-par. The feats he accomplished in the 12 labors alone is enough to dispute that. As for the strength, he still outclasses WW on that as well. She's got him on speed, combat or movement, but since she can't speed blitz him thats pretty much null and void. The weapons they're using are equal, and there is no proof that WW's sword can cut through Herc's mace. In fact I think there's a panel of Herc's mace and Thor's hammer colliding, with neither rupturing or hurting the other. So given that, I would say Herc's mace would warp WW's sword and destroy it completely. Herc isn't going to hide from the challenge of fighting her, and when they start it's going to shake the earth but eventually she's going to get into his range, and he grabs her. She may be fast, but Herc's skill as a wrestler alone guarantee's that he's going to get his hands on her eventually, and once that happens its game over for WW.

In short, Herc win's.

We don't go by what we believe the character should be just because they've been alive for a long time or invented something. Hercules on average doesn't show the type of skill Diana does.

Secondly his mace and Thor's hammer are both blunt objects. Why would you expect a hammer to cut through a mace?

Lastly even though Diana can't blitz him her movements/reflexes are still faster than his.

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PapaMidnite

@evil_incarnate: So the invention of a mixed martial art has no bearing or dictation on his skill at all? Somehow that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Just ignoring the fact that he is a supreme hand to hand combatant is dumb as well, even with WW's showings. There's a panel where Thor admitted that Hercules is his better in hand to hand combat as well, but WW is still better than that? Highly doubt it.

I never once said the hammer would CUT through the mace. I said rupture or hurting, meaning neither of them showed ANY sort of damage on impact from two of the strongest being's there are in the Marvel universe.

I figured reflex speed and movement would come into play with this and had something in mind for a back up. Assuming she can dodge around and keep fighting with Herc is all fine and dandy, and she can keep doing this for how long? The plan to get rid of her by Batman involved her fighting til her heart gave out, meaning her stamina is not limitless. Hercules has been stated as having 'limitless stamina' meaning he isn't going to tire out and go forever fighting. So WW will get tired, she will slip up, she WILL be beaten by Herc.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: So the invention of a mixed martial art has no bearing or dictation on his skill at all? Somehow that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Just ignoring the fact that he is a supreme hand to hand combatant is dumb as well, even with WW's showings. There's a panel where Thor admitted that Hercules is his better in hand to hand combat as well, but WW is still better than that? Highly doubt it.

I never once said the hammer would CUT through the mace. I said rupture or hurting, meaning neither of them showed ANY sort of damage on impact from two of the strongest being's there are in the Marvel universe.

I figured reflex speed and movement would come into play with this and had something in mind for a back up. Assuming she can dodge around and keep fighting with Herc is all fine and dandy, and she can keep doing this for how long? The plan to get rid of her by Batman involved her fighting til her heart gave out, meaning her stamina is not limitless. Hercules has been stated as having 'limitless stamina' meaning he isn't going to tire out and go forever fighting. So WW will get tired, she will slip up, she WILL be beaten by Herc.

Firstly the invention of the particular art is a combo of boxing and wrestling, which would still make him a brawler. Diana has show to be a better combatant with better feats of skill. Okay so if we're taking what Thor said about Hercules into account even though both for the most part have just been seen to be brawlers? Then I guess Diana being the best melee fighter in the world according to Batman would still put her over Herc. Guess what they're doing in this battle? Melee fighting.

Fair enough.

Your plan and Batman's plan were actually both the most idiotic ways of dispatching of WW. Firstly with Diana's ability to see through projections, illusions etc the fact that she wasn't able to see through that was lazy writing by the writer. Secondly the huge different between the plan made by Batman and your plan for Hercules is the fact that in Batman's plan she was fighting someone with equal skill, strength, speed, etc who didn't exist and was all in her head and would continue to match, evade her in every way until eventually her heart gave out, which the time for wasn't specified she did fight a 1,000 year war with Superman. The difference is that Hercules is a person, a slower person at that who can be tagged and subdued. If you somehow expected Diana to just dance around Hercules until she trips over herself or just get's so overwhelmed you either know little of the character or are just wanking Hercules.

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herc wins