Hal Jordan & Orion vs Ronan the Accuser & Nova

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Hal Jordan & Orion (Post Crisis & Post Flashpoint)

VS

Ronan & Nova

In character

Random encounter

Standard gear and abilities

Fight takes place at an unpopulated, indestructible Earthlike planet

Winner by KO, Incapacitation or Death

Who'd win? For what reasons?

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Orion can solo. Hal Jordan might be able to as well.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emperorthanos-  Moderator

DC team wins

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Good fight. Probably DC team. Ronan is a wildcard, and can pull some crazy ability out of his butt every other appearance he's in to take down characters that are out of his league, but barring that, he is still out of his league in this. Nova is a good match, but unless Ronan can pull his weight here, then he would have an uphill battle.

All in all though, it would still be a good fight either way.

@cosmicallyaware1 I always like your take on cosmic Marvel stuff, and anything cosmicy in general. Thoughts?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal and Orion. Nova is honestly the weak link here.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Hal and Orion. Nova is honestly the weak link here.

This.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

current hal solos.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 easily

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait post crisis and post new 52 ? doesn't that mean Parallax feats are applicable?

well I give it too Parallax and the dog of war kind of a mismatch

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait post crisis and post new 52 ? doesn't that mean Parallax feats are applicable?

well I give it too Parallax and the dog of war kind of a mismatch

Nope, I would have said "Parallax Hal Jordan" instead of plain old "Hal Jordan" if that was what I had in mind. Parallax doesn't even count as a Standard ability either.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, handily.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 wrecks

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#18  Edited By Zoch81

Orion stomps both Ronan and Nova

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuisking: both of them. Feats during power amps like Parallax aren't applicable in this battle, tho.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: (I'm asking politely) why? Parallax happened post crisis? and it was technically Hal Jordan

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: (I'm asking politely) why? Parallax happened post crisis? and it was technically Hal Jordan

Parallax is a different and non-standard version of the character.

When people say "Post Crisis" or "Pre-52" or "Post-52" or whatever, that means the standard version of that character from that time frame.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically, it was the Parallax entity possessing Hal and pumping him with a great deal of extra power.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: really? the rules don't mention anything of that nature?

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EvilTyger: that's why I said it was technically Hal Jordan, I know the entity possessed Jordan and used him as a vessel for hi s purposes so technically its both of them?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

team 1

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: really? the rules don't mention anything of that nature?

It's generally understood that when a time frame is given, we use the standard character during that time frame, and not any amped or "special" versions that may have existed in that time. In this case, Hal Jordan Parallax was a heavily amped version of the character because of what happened during that story arc. So, it doesnt reflect the character as it was during the rest of the Post-Crisis and Pre-52 time frame.

Basically use common sense. Normal Hal was different from Parallax Hal who was different from Spectre Hal.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Team 1 takes this, I'm almost tempted to claim Orion might be able to solo since Ronan isn't much of a physical challenge to Orion. But between Hal's versatility and Orion's raw power, they can clean Ronan and Nova's clocks no matter who faces who.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I reckon we could debate this back and fourth since its not stated in the rules anywhere BUT I rest my tongue, still I side with Hal and Orion

DCLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

Hal and Orion stomp

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Team 1. Either gives the team trouble individually. Orion may solo.

DeepSpaceHomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No trouble for DC. Orion just wrecks, while Hal helps.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC team

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team DC handily.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@tparks said:

Good fight. Probably DC team. Ronan is a wildcard, and can pull some crazy ability out of his butt every other appearance he's in to take down characters that are out of his league, but barring that, he is still out of his league in this. Nova is a good match, but unless Ronan can pull his weight here, then he would have an uphill battle.

@cosmicallyaware1 I always like your take on cosmic Marvel stuff, and anything cosmicy in general. Thoughts?

I think it's a better fight than most think, however I do agree that the DC team takes the edge 6/10. Here's some reasoning on why the Marvel team puts up a better fight than most are saying....

1. Nova Prime here guys. He has a fair speed advantage to use against GL and Orion both who have fair travel speeds but not as substantial when it comes to reactionary and combat (yeah I know they are firmly established in both, yet Rider's are just a bit better). Also take into consideration his use of his Gravemetric capabilities and he is no slouch, coupled with Worldmind feed in his head? He's not as much of a non-factor as some would think......
  2. Ronan's universal weapon. Are folks educated on that? It's pretty impressive.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@cosmicallyaware1:

He has a fair speed advantage to use against GL and Orion both who have fair travel speeds but not as substantial when it comes to reactionary and combat...(snip)

Based on what exactly?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sy8000

@cosmicallyaware1:

1. He's not as much of a non-factor as some would think......

Yes he is.

I won't get into the speed debate because that's boring but Nova is never going to be written in a way where his speed will let him beat people much more powerful than him. That's not how comics work unless you're Flash.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

He has a fair speed advantage to use against GL and Orion both who have fair travel speeds but not as substantial when it comes to reactionary and combat...(snip)

Based on what exactly?

not exactly sure what you mean. Are you asking how I feel Rider's speed feats are slightly above GL's (as you crossed out Orion's, not sure what that mean except you agree?) in the realm of reactionary and combat? If that's the case, then I would base that statement off of issues read I guess? So then I would suppose that feats and contextual examples would be in order..........

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@cosmicallyaware1:

Are you asking how I feel Rider's speed feats are slightly above GL's (as you crossed out Orion's, not sure what that mean except you agree?)

Uh, yeah, hehe. Basically I'm asking what feats/accolades does Nova sport that would put him above Hal in the reaction/combat category. I crossed out Orion because I don't know enough about to even challenge you on the claim. xD

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't be wrong to say that either Hal or Orion could solo.....at least Orion anyway

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@cosmicallyaware1 said:
@tparks said:

I think it's a better fight than most think, however I do agree that the DC team takes the edge 6/10. Here's some reasoning on why the Marvel team puts up a better fight than most are saying....

1. Nova Prime here guys. He has a fair speed advantage to use against GL and Orion both who have fair travel speeds but not as substantial when it comes to reactionary and combat (yeah I know they are firmly established in both, yet Rider's are just a bit better). Also take into consideration his use of his Gravemetric capabilities and he is no slouch, coupled with Worldmind feed in his head? He's not as much of a non-factor as some would think......
  2. Ronan's universal weapon. Are folks educated on that? It's pretty impressive.

While I agree Nova is faster, I don't think the advantage is big enough to be a difference. In regards to Hal (I'm not too familiar with Orion).

Hal has reacted to FTL opponents multiple times. One example is him being able to trap Zoom who was blitzing the justice league including Superman.

The speed advantage that Nova has isn't big enough to make much of a difference.

And while Ronan's universal weapon is impressive, it isn't going make a major difference in this fight.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

Are you asking how I feel Rider's speed feats are slightly above GL's (as you crossed out Orion's, not sure what that mean except you agree?)

Uh, yeah, hehe. Basically I'm asking what feats/accolades does Nova sport that would put him above Hal in the reaction/combat category. I crossed out Orion because I don't know enough about to even challenge you on the claim. xD

ok, cool hahahah. I will compile some here when I have the opportunity tomorrow. It shall be quite the speculation for a debate however.....I'm sure there are multitudes more Hal fans and honestly thousands more showings to contend with. THAT SHALL NOT STOP MY TRUTH TRAIN HOWEVER!!!!!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I agree Nova is faster, I don't think the advantage is big enough to be a difference. In regards to Hal (I'm not too familiar with Orion).

Hal has reacted to FTL opponents multiple times. One example is him being able to trap Zoom who was blitzing the justice league including Superman.

The speed advantage that Nova has isn't big enough to make much of a difference.

Yeah people tend to downplay this feat, and I can sort of understand their criticism. You dont really know how fast Zoom was going, and you could argue that Zoom wasnt paying attention to Hal.

BUT, Zoom was going fast enough to be blitzing Superman and Wonder Woman. Superman alone has at least nanosecond perseption and has been shown that he can hang with people like Flash (although not at full speed for Flash) and he can move so fast that time seems to be stopped. So tagging a Superman-blitzing Zoom is still a great feat.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could go either way.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only see Marvel fans low balling DC feats..

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is absolutely nothing Ronan's Weapon can do that Mother Box can't immediately undue. After that it's a war of attrition between the Kree Accuser and the Fourth World God Of War. Nothing good comes from that.

Not looking good for the Marvel team, IMO...