Heisei Gamera

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gamora, duh.

Seriously Gypsy has a very good chance being alot larger than Gamora and that Plasma can really do a number I bet.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@cadencev2: Well IIRC Heisei Gamera was 80 meters tall, putting him around Gypsy's height.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will take Gypsy Danger over Gamera... between Gypsy's Sword Attack and that Plasma Blast it has... I think it could take out that Beast.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: I found Gamera's wiki site and it states his Showa was 60 and his Heisei is 80. And I found this on google http://www.shrineofgamera.com/heisei_gamera.html

@king_saturn: What about Gamera's flight or Plasma fireballs?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WarlordEternal

Bump

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give my vote to Gamera as he has some very impressive feats and is capable of a lot more then the PR Kaiju.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gypsy's durability would make Gamera's physical attacks ineffective, he'd need to use his ranged attacks or use his energy to enhance his physical ones. Gamera's fire constructs would probably be more effective then Gypsy's sword and his fire balls are probably just as good if not better than the plasma cannon and have a faster rate of fire. The Mana Blast reduced a kaiju more than twice Gamera's size to nothing so I'm sure it would leave very little of Gypsy. Flight gives Gamera yet another advantage.

The winner is... GAMERA! Racob has spoken!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Gypsy is badass and I think his h2h is a little better then Gamera's, but even then you have Gamera's plasma fireballs which are quite powerful and he can fire them with quick succession. He has also shown himself to be a highly capable fighter while flying, and he reaches speed up too mach 3 iirc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping because I like this thread

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WarlordEternal

@racob7: Any Idea as too who you think would win?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I think Gamera wins this.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WarlordEternal

@racob7: Whoops! Sorry I haven't had my coffee yet and I stayed up all night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: It was after 5 in the afternoon. Yes I know that is late but I stayed up the entire night repainting my room, so I was exhausted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Oh ok. Just wondering since coffee is normally a morning thing and where I was it was it was late afternoon.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamera weighs 200 tons

Gypsy weighs 2000 or so tons.

Both are absurdly underweight but only one can be used as a balloon with the Given density.

If Gamera gets into melee he's dead, Gypsy's punches are going to hurt him far more than the Air to Air missiles that knocked him out of the sky before, the rocket punch should stove in bis ribcage, and the chainsword will cut through him like butter. And it's reactor discharge pierced through and killed Slattern who took a 1.2 megaton nuke to the face at the bottom of the pacific ocean where the overpressure from the blast would be hugely magnified. The coolant trick would also quickly leave Gamera short a limb at least.

At range, Gypsy's plasma cannon was able to throw the two and a half thousand ton Knifehead a good bit and was liquefying Leatherback's body. Addittionally, given how little damage Gypsy suffered from reentry, it's unlikely Gamera's fireballs would do anything.

Mako and Raleigh are also whip smart pilots who can identify and neutralize Kaiju adaptations rapidly. Tearing out Gamera's mana beam or fireball organs should rustle his jimmies.

Overall Gypsy stomps the turtle into the ground.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Gamera has survived many gruesome and horrible injures as well as tanked. The one thing I could think of that nearly killed him (made him comatose) was the explosion that completely obliterated all of Sendai, and Gamera was right at ground zero. After that Gamera re-awoke more powerful and violent as his human connection was cut off. During his first awakening he was actually capable of being injured by missiles and a Gyoas beam (created by the Gyaos' supersonic scream, apparently able to resonate at 3 million hertz, sliced his arm open); however, Gamera was not at full power as he only recently awoke, but after the death of Legion, the Gyaos returned in a new, evolved form known as the Hyper Gyaos after Gamera's Mana blast drained the earth's energy, creating the right conditions for more Gyaos to hatch, but by then Gamera had reached the peak of his power allowing him to dominate in a fight between two.

Loading Video...

If you notice, the more powerful Hyper Gyoas beam deflected off of Gamera.

Gamera's blood can absorb heat, flames, high voltage current and nuclear fuel. These energies are converted into electrons, protons and atomic nuclei and stored as plasma energy. Life energy from the Earth can be converted as well. Also during his battle with Iris he absorbed the plasma Iris fired and used the stump of the hand he blew of to create a fist of plasma by manipulating the energy. Could he possibly do this against Gypsy?

I can't really call Gypsy's drop a re-entry as they barely even broke the troposphere; whereas, both Gamera and Gyoas appeared to have nearly reached the mesosphere and Gamera survived that drop without using jet boosters to cushion the fall.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otachi and Gypsy were so high up that you could easily see the curvature of the earth in great detail, which at least makes for high mesosphere entry, and Gamera's fireballs just won't be hot enough to hurt Gypsy. Meanwhile Gypsy is ten times heavier and is thus far stronger, to the point that Gypsy's demonstrated strength feats allow it to toss Gamera around like a ragdoll while Gamera can't even make Gypsy move if Gypsy doesn't want to.

And none of Gamera's injuries have included getting Chainsworded in half or having his still beating heart punched out his chest or his skull popped like a grape. We ultimately come to the fact that due to Gamera's stupidly low mass and the lethality of Gypsy in melee, the Turtle dies in seconds of getting into a melee fight.

At range, given Gamera's stated mass and how the cannon tossed Knifehead, one hit from that would throw Gamera for kilometers while liquefying his tissues, while again Gamera's fireballs will do precisely dick. The Mana beam is huge, obvious, and takes time to set up, it is not going to get a hit in.

And again, even if Gypsy doesn't chainsaw him in half or beat him into turtle soup, the Coolant trick will liberate Gamera of a limb or head, and the reactor discharge will blow clean through his chest and kill him.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clAssymErc

@guardian_of_gravity: My bad, I looked it up and noticed more about their fight. When watching the movie there was a part where they were merely in the clouds. that was the part I remembered but your right.

No Caption Provided

However Gamera still survived a fall from that height without using any boosters to slow down the fall as both Mako and Raleigh new that Gypsy would be destroyed from that height.

What proves that Gamera's plasma balls wont damage Gypsy at all? And couldn't Gamera potentially absorb the plasma blast from Gypsy? Also when did Gypsy punch a Kaiju heart out? I remember him cutting Raiju in half (though it could be argued that it happened because of the Raijus speed, as it was swimming at him and Gypsy stuck his sword up and let the Kaiju kill itself) Gamera has survived getting chunks blown of by Legion, Getting multiple parts of his body punctured by Legion and Iris. He has a healing factor.

Gamera is actually quite fast while fighting and is especially fast while flying. He is also still a capable fighter while flying as evident in his fight with Gyoas and Iris.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chibi_cute

Gipsy danger.

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gypsy Danger feats:

Surviving a fall from orbit and still getting back up like nothing happened

Surviving a nuke close range no problem

Surviving thousands of pounds of water crashing down on him after the explosion

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skelebones

gypsy danger is built to tank some rather stupid levels of damage

It has taken a 2400lb nuke to the face, underwater which amplified the explosion,

then not even a second later all that water rushed back in and filled the vacuum.

gamera is a beast no doubt but it cannot stop this jager

even if it could? the nuke reactor would go off and erase the battlefield

lock the thread now

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By clAssymErc

@wdc: Gamera has fallen from an even greater height than Gipsy and didn't use any boosters to cushion the fall.

@skelebones: Admittedly I'd say Gipsy has some better durability as it was missing an arm and had a torn up leg, yet didn't fall apart from the explosion. Gamera himself was in a battle with Legion and had chucks blown off as well as impaled multiple times. Afterwords He had an explosion go off in his face big enough to completely destroy Sendai, he fell comatose for a while before coming back more powerful.

Also Gipsy's power core is Nuclear and his gun is plasma based right? Couldn't Gamera just absorb both as Gamera absorbs/converts energies into plasma. He can actually absorb nuclear fuel. Wouldn't that give him an edge.

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gipsy pretty easily...

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, I really need to see Pac Rim so I can start being opinionated in these battles lol

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Carter_esque

@carter_esque: It's a really good movie

I've heard nothing but good things about it. I feel like I really dropped the ball by not catching it while it was in theaters.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By clAssymErc

@carter_esque: My problems with the movie are really just nitpicks and when I say nitpicks I mean things that you can look past because it really doesn't ruin the movie. It's out on DVD and Bluray so go pick it up.

Also if you want to truly way in on this fight, check out the Gamera trilogy. it's really good! Took the series in a much darker direction.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gamera.

SS2085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight, but Gamera wins. Not too big a weight difference. Gamera has more range firepower. Gamera has Mach 5 attack speed in flight. Gamera can attack and fly unlike Gypsy. Mana blast for the epic pawn.

Gamera wins.

NoSoAmazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NoSoAmazing

@ss2085: Gypsy weighs 2000 tons and Gamera weighs 200 tons. The difference ia very big. Or Gypsy just blast Gamera down with its plasma canon. And your realize how slow the mana blast is?

SS2085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nosoamazing: few things . The Plasma gun can barely blast through Kaijue who are harmed by man made missiles. Gamera on the hands tanks any missile with no damage, as well attacks from Gyros later on with no problems. So I see no reason for him to be harm by the plasma canon easy at all. Not to mention one can argue he would just absorb the heat of said shots for more power.

Weight is not a big deal when comparing feats. Gypsy punches are not tougher than the dead fall (Gipsy never dead fall btw, used boosters to slow decent) from atmosphere re entry back to earth with little damage. Also the shell in the back area is pretty much unbreackable by feats anyway.

So the only real advantage gypsy has is show ing power from weight, and a sword for close range anyway. I doubt Gypsy will tank rapid fire building busting plasma shots Gamera has or has a viable way of fighting anything flying around at Mach 5 in the air.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GD

NoSoAmazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ss2085: Wasn't Gamera amped by a human when doing some of those feats mentioned?

SS2085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nosoamazing: no. All feats I listed is Heisei and he never got "amps" from humans. Only heat and the Mana he can draw on for power.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I actually think Gypsy wins this one.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ss2085: Wasn't Gamera amped by a human when doing some of those feats mentioned?

No, not really. Gamera's human connection was cut off prior to the climax of the second film. This made him unleash everything he has on his enemies without regard for human life. The Mana Blast came after, and the High Plasma became his standard.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pyro_raptor

@classymerc: but Gamera of the Heisei series probably did NOT survive the fall until when he got resurrected by fire.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@classymerc: but Gamera of the Heisei series probably did NOT survive the fall until when he got resurrected by fire.

Actually if he had died, then the girl would have too. Any damage inflicted upon Gamera is then transfered to her. The fire just stacked on to his power and gave him access to High Plasma. Screwattack did the math on the explosion in the second movie and came to the conclusion that it took a blast with over 112 megaton of force to nearly kill him.