• 113 results
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lost_Rellik

A full grown male Lion and Grizzly go at in the wilderness, who would come out on top?
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

The bear wins.  Back in the ice age, short faced bears killed american lions.  It'd be no different now. 

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By glforthewin

i think that the lion would loose but only because dude lions are lazy and get the females to do everything

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ARMIV

...I wanna say lion,but I'm itchin' for the bear...

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@glforthewin said:
"i think that the lion would loose but only because dude lions are lazy and get the females to do everything "

Lions act like their lazy, but if it comes to somebody else trying to be dominate or a threat and he got a serious problem on his hands.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

This isn't a comic battle where you can factor in speed and strategy. In the animal kingdom, it's very simple: Bigger wins.

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@AtPhantom said:
"This isn't a comic battle where you can factor in speed and strategy. In the animal kingdom, it's very simple: Bigger wins. "

Thats actually a great point...I just wanted to see how the grizzly would do because its my favorite animal, and put it up against one of the perfectly physically designed predators there is.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

The Short faced bear, which was bigger than the modern grizzly bear, and the American Lion, which is much more massive than the modern lion, fought in the ice age.  The Short faced bear typically won due to it's power. 

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Dreadnaught said:
"The Short faced bear, which was bigger than the modern grizzly bear, and the American Lion, which is much more massive than the modern lion, fought in the ice age.  The Short faced bear typically won due to it's power.  "

I see, that helps out quite a bit.
chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chaos-soul

the bear would win has the size advantage and the ability to stand upright

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

The Short Faced bear could in fact keep up with the American cheetah, which was actually a really fast puma but I digress.  It could run at nearly 60 miles per hour, just about fast enough to catch the american cheetah/really fricken fast puma and kill it.   It was the dominant predator of North America during the Pleistocene, only one predator was greater than it, Megatherium, the Giant Ground Sloth, a massive five-fourteen ton omnivore that would drive an entire pride of smilodons or american lions away from a kill and could in fact kill a small pride of either animal and could kill the short faced bear with one blow.  Even though the bear could grow over one ton. 

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a female lion I would feel more inclined to vote lion but as is I give this to the bear.

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lost_Rellik

The puma is also the Cougar/Mountain Lion too right? Cause im pretty sure I saw a special where that thing can run 100km/h through ruff terrain which no easy feat.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

The American cheetah was bigger than the African one, but the European Giant cheetah was bigger than it, it was about in between the two in speed, with the African cheetah going at 80 miles per hour, the american cheetah at 70, and the european giant cheetah at 60. 

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul
@Lost_Rellik said:
"

The puma is also the Cougar/Mountain Lion too right? Cause im pretty sure I saw a special where that thing can run 100km/h through ruff terrain which no easy feat.

"
It is. 
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Dreadnaught said:
" @Lost_Rellik said:
"

"
It is.  "

Thought so
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vrakmul

The short faced bear could go so fast because compared to a grizzly bear, it had much longer legs for it's size and was also better built for speed.  The biggest bear by mass was Ursus Martimus Tyrannus, a super polar bear that could reach to perhaps, one and a half or even two tons. 

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vrakmul

Here's a giant short faced bear compared to a six foot tall man. 
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lost_Rellik

^^^^Holy crap dude, thats so nuts.....bears certainly did retain the hugeness of their ancestors; after a polar bear is the biggest land predator in the world.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vrakmul

It would make our ancestors wet themselves in terror, because running away is not going to work on it.  He could probably kill a modern day lion with one hard blow. 

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Sparda

Bear, and I'm willing to say easily, too.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vrakmul

No Caption Provided
Even Ursus martimus tyrannus and the Short faced bear however, were nothing before Andrewsarchus, a one to three ton mammalian carnivore, who's descendants were the goats.  But it could grow to the size of a god damned hippo. 
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Dreadnaught said:

"It would make our ancestors wet themselves in terror, because running away is not going to work on it.  He could probably kill a modern day lion with one hard blow.  "

I'd say, sure we can't even run away from todays bears lol. Sometimes I think about how much in trouble we would be if we only had the brain of an average animal in the animal kingdom.....no guns, knives etc. But than we probably would have evolved into a more Gorilla type creature. But seriously, we have no phsical defenses against animals...not fangs or claw, venom etc. 

Btw between a silver back gorilla and grizzly bear, who do u think would take it?
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vrakmul

Tigers can kill gorillas.  A bear would murder one. 

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Dreadnaught said:
"
"
I want to ride one! Saddle me up a bear, because that would be hilarious and awesome.

But seriously. One swipe = whoa, did that Lion back just break?
JKarmosay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JKarmosay
@Dreadnaught said:
" Tigers can kill gorillas.  A bear would murder one.  "
Tigers have been known to kill and eat bears too.
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Dreadnaught said:
"Tigers can kill gorillas.  A bear would murder one.  "

Good point
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vrakmul
@JKarmosay said:
" @Dreadnaught said:
" Tigers can kill gorillas.  A bear would murder one.  "
Tigers have been known to kill and eat bears too. "
One russian bear killed two adult male siberian tigers before they could cause it any injury.
JKarmosay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JKarmosay

Guess it wasn't his day to die.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BIackFlash
Usually the Bear will destroy the Lion, larger mass, the bear has longer claws, better at soaking damage, better at brawling and surviving by themselves, the bear has a thicker coat and because the bear eats both plant and animal it usually has high energy reserves while the Lions typically go through periods of starvation of their prey is not nearby and their girls have not caught a tasty meal so they are rarely at peak strength. Lions are also typically lazy where as the smaller female Lion has better hunting and fighting skill

The only time the Cat usually kicks the bears ass is in places like India, China and Russia and that's because they got Tigers, which is a far more ferocious and dangerous creature than a Lion
 The Siberian Tiger is 700 lbs of pure muscle and they are know to attack anything 
 Look at this Tiger's crazy agility

I think the only Bear that would own the Siberian Tiger is the Polar Bear

@AtPhantom said:

" Bigger wins. "

not always, Black Bear at 400 lb have taken out 1600 lb Moose and 300lb lions have taken down 2000 lb Water Buffalo and a Pride of Lions has taken on even an Elephant

The Bear wins in this case but bigger is not always better, how else does the wolf pack dispatch a Bear?
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By saiyan_earthling

grizzly bear

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By capall

lion wouldn't even mess with a full grown grizzly

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BIackFlash

I think the Bear wins, its a better fighter, much larger and male Lions are typically lazy

@capall

said:

"   lion wouldn't even mess with a full grown grizzly "

With the correct motivation, they might, size doesn't always mean win. Wolverines have been known to own Wolves and even Bears

100 lb Cougar have been know to school a bear in fighting

A Lioness protecting her cubs would fight a Bear no matter what its size
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By capall
@BIackFlash: 

according to the op this is a male lion not a female lion protecting the cubs, a male lion would protect their territory and females against other male lions and other threats but they are not stupid to mess with a full grown grizzly bear
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vrakmul
@BIackFlash said:

" Usually the Bear will destroy the Lion, larger mass, the bear has longer claws, better at soaking damage, better at brawling and surviving by themselves, the bear has a thicker coat and because the bear eats both plant and animal it usually has high energy reserves while the Lions typically go through periods of starvation of their prey is not nearby and their girls have not caught a tasty meal so they are rarely at peak strength. Lions are also typically lazy where as the smaller female Lion has better hunting and fighting skill

The only time the Cat usually kicks the bears ass is in places like India, China and Russia and that's because they got Tigers, which is a far more ferocious and dangerous creature than a Lion
 The Siberian Tiger is 700 lbs of pure muscle and they are know to attack anything 
 Look at this Tiger's crazy agility

I think the only Bear that would own the Siberian Tiger is the Polar Bear

@AtPhantom said:

" Bigger wins. "

not always, Black Bear at 400 lb have taken out 1600 lb Moose and 300lb lions have taken down 2000 lb Water Buffalo and a Pride of Lions has taken on even an Elephant  The Bear wins in this case but bigger is not always better, how else does the wolf pack dispatch a Bear? "
Tyrannosaurus rex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lions.  

Also, a bear killed two fully grown tigers before they could really hurt him in russia. 
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BIackFlash
@Dreadnaught said:

"   Also, a bear killed two fully grown tigers before they could really hurt him in russia.  "

I doubt it

A Tiger is much quicker than a Bear, and quicker than a Lion and much more agile, it almost seems implausible that a Bear would hunt a Siberian Tiger in fact the opposite is true  according to a nature expert

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vrakmul
@BIackFlash said:

" @Dreadnaught said:

"   Also, a bear killed two fully grown tigers before they could really hurt him in russia.  "

I doubt it

A Tiger is much quicker than a Bear, and quicker than a Lion and much more agile, it almost seems implausible that a Bear would hunt a Siberian Tiger in fact the opposite is true  according to a nature expert

"
Look it up. 
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By capall
@BIackFlash said:
"@Dreadnaught said:

I doubt it

"

it is actually true, in the the siberian tiger does run into asain brown bears time to time in winter months prior to the bears going into hybernation and the bears which are also scavangers do attack tigers to steal their prey, it happens pretty frequently in asia
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vrakmul

http://forums.aspeedracing.com/showthread.php?t=6945  Behold tiger fanboys, proof that your animal in fact, blows chunks.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BIackFlash

Why are you linking to the speed race forum Dreadnaught ? All I see is a bunch of crap posted by a net troll, about illegal pit fights with Bears and Dogs and sometimes Cats
 its a bunch of text with no proof at all. 
All it is showing is a write up on something that happened in the 18th and 19th Century, you might as well start talking about a fight Huckleberry Finn and RobinHood had in the Roman Gladiator Arena for all I care about that BS

You know there is footage of lots of this stuff in old 1930s and 1940s movies, where people didn't give a damn about animal cruelty
Footage is far more credible than some txt wrote by a troll on a website

btw a fight in the wild, a Lion would not be in confinement to a cage, putting a pack of Dogs or Lion against a Bear in a Cage is like putting a kickboxer against a Sumo wrestler while locked inside a Phone Box, its dumb and proves nothing and depraved illegal pit fights like that only made gangsters richer

Dogs have beaten Grizzly bears in the wild,  the Bear fails the Dog wins

I still think the Male Lion is weaker because their temperment is lazy
why is the Dog superior to the Bear? it is smarter, it is quicker and it would be able to move around and use its agility

Siberian Tigers are monsters, they have killed Bears, this is a documented fact

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Obtrusive

Probably the grizzley

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vrakmul
@BIackFlash said:
" Why are you linking to the speed race forum Dreadnaught ? All I see is a bunch of crap posted by a net troll, about illegal pit fights with Bears and Dogs and sometimes Cats its a bunch of text with no proof at all.  All it is showing is a write up on something that happened in the 18th and 19th Century, you might as well start talking about a fight Huckleberry Finn and RobinHood had in the Roman Gladiator Arena for all I care about that BS You know there is footage of lots of this stuff in old 1930s and 1940s movies, where people didn't give a damn about animal cruelty Footage is far more credible than some txt wrote by a troll on a website  btw a fight in the wild, a Lion would not be in confinement to a cage, putting a pack of Dogs or Lion against a Bear in a Cage is like putting a kickboxer against a Sumo wrestler while locked inside a Phone Box, its dumb and proves nothing and depraved illegal pit fights like that only made gangsters richer Dogs have beaten Grizzly bears in the wild,  the Bear fails the Dog wins  I still think the Male Lion is weaker because their temperment is lazywhy is the Dog superior to the Bear? it is smarter, it is quicker and it would be able to move around and use its agility  Siberian Tigers are monsters, they have killed Bears, this is a documented fact "
There is a link in the link.  :)
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vrakmul

And as someone with a bachelor's degree in zoology, I think I'm more qualified than you are. 

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Dreadnaught said:
"And as someone with a bachelor's degree in zoology, I think I'm more qualified than you are.  "

That really helps! I'm actually planning to become a zoologist myself! I'm not sure what specfic animal I want to study, but I know its going to be some sort of animal. I'm thinking grizzlies or gorillas simply because everytime I go to a zoo that has these, I spend the most time there...I could sit there for hours on end just watching them.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vrakmul

Careful with bears, one bear expert was killed and eaten by them.  Always be prepared with wild animals. 

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vrakmul

The funny thing about Smilodon was that it's skull was so fragile that a human could knock them out with a good hit to the head.  That is if you got past their massively strong paws.  Also, their bite force can be exceeded by humans, and their teeth can be broken by struggling prey easily.  And once they lose their teeth, they are gone forever.  If you hit it in the head with a hammer, you'd probably break it's skull. 

Hero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By Hero1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCEWXB2HG7k    

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By castleking

should make one with an african lion vs an african tribal kid hunter with a long spear stick.

also could make one of a afrian kid hunter vs a native american young brave

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Satyrquaze

Grizzly wins. 

BUt if you really want to challenge the grizzly against the perfect predator, try a shark. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By castleking

native american young brave vs  the grizzly or the african tribal kid vs the grizzly