No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hate to say it, but Zod. Hal's barriers won't hold him.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Moonman78

Zod

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By martyyy15

@doubleaa54:

Hal with high dificulty. Guys got insane will and his flight speed is faster than zod, he could prob beat him.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AllStarSuperman

What's that zod picture from?

Argothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oceanmaster21

ZOD WUD WIN BUT NOT EASY

Avatar image for thedarkdaredevil
TheDarkDaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDarkDaredevil

I think Zod can take him

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal takes this with ease if he is allowed to use red sun radiation or use kryptonite

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal bfr's him.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to say Hal.

Can any Hal fans out there give a solid argument on how Hal could defeat Zod?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

Auto-Fire or making Kryptonite

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martyyy15:

Hal is not faster than a kryptonian no way

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonman78: travels universe daily basis can get from groumd to space in 5 seconds.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

I already gave one .... I'll give a few more, teleportation, super speed, intangibility.

Teleportation: Not only can he teleport himself and open worm holes through hyper space, but he can teleport others as well from wherever they are to wherever he wants them to be.

Speed/Intangibility: He's able to keep up with Zoom (thinking he's Barry) in a fight. He also uses intangibility in there as well ...

He's able to break the sound barrier and go past the speed of light instantly.

More intangibility.

So, basically with these abilities taken into account, he should be able to easily avoid nearly any attack from Zod by teleporting away from them, using intangibility to go through them or just teleporting Zod away. Alternatively, he can just fight back.

Pummeling Superman, owning Mongul, blasting Cyborg Superman with enough energy and heat to equal that of the sun.

Just to show Hal is capable of doing battle with Superman level opponents...do I even need to post when he handled Lobo and Captain Comet at the same time .... no I don't (but I will), and just so you know, Zod will have loads of trouble breaking Hal's constructs based on these scans ...

Strength/Durability: Holding together tectonic plates, an exploding sun that explodes in his face

and this, containing an active Super Nova within his shields ....

No Caption Provided

Now, maybe this next guy isn't as strong as a Kryptonian, but he can take a hit from one and generate enough power to significantly harm one. Hal shields himself and Power Girl from Sonar's wave of energy, has sex with Karen and then shields himself Karen and Ms. Dr Light from a huge explosion that decimates the surrounding area...

Other Lantern's like John Stewart, Kyle Rayner and Kilowog have been saved from surprise planetary and solar explosions by their ring's auto-shield functions, it wouldn't be far fetched to say that Hal's ring could do the same. I don't think Zod is going to be busting up Hal's constructs too easily .... Hal however can physically beat him down whereas Zod cannot due to shields, telepotation and intangibility. Another note, I haven't seen Zod capitalize on super speed like how Superman does. That said, Hal could arguably have better reaction and travel speed than Zod. Most people just compare him to Superman's feats and act like he has or can do the same, unless someone posts some speed feats for Zod showing that he can match or surpass Hal's reaction speed, I deem him slower .....

Well, there it is. The full explanation of why Hal should technically beat Zod, and based on the OP not restricting BFR Hal can do this easily unless everyone is gonna sit there and believe he's going to try and slug it out with a ruthless kryptonian and completely forget about all his other powers.....

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

@Ancient_of_days: Hal didn't keep up with Zoom. He had his rear end handed to him like a D-lister.

Besides, that was Zoom's first time using his powers. He says later that he hasn't even met Barry yet.

Then later, Hal get's back up from Max Mercury, Jay Garrick and Johnny Quick.

Only to get absolutely stomped again, by a Professor Zoom who came to realization with his new abilities.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My point is, Zod is aware of his powers, by OP, and Hal isn't fast enough to resist a speed blitz from him.

AgentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is prep Hal takes this barely. If not Zod wins in a hard battle.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogues said:

@Ancient_of_days: Hal didn't keep up with Zoom. He had his rear end handed to him like a D-lister.

Besides, that was Zoom's first time using his powers. He says later that he hasn't even met Barry yet.

Only to get absolutely stomped again, by a Professor Zoom who came to realization with his new abilities.

Professor Zoom came to realization after Wally gave him the flash costume ring, that contained his yellow suit, which rings at the time had the yellow weakness.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By termiteone4ever

Hal have a high chance of losing this battle.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@rogues said:

How does knocking out Zoom, keeping up with pretty much all his attacks and not getting absolutely blitzed throughout the ENTIRE fight equate to getting his ass handed to him like a D-lister? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever and the fact that you down play that fight amazes me. If it was the fist time using his powers then he was doing a pretty good job, and it doesn't matter if he's never met Barry yet since he's in the guy's museum, he knows enough about him to fool Hal .... absolutely stomped again? I can only see him getting stomped by Professor Zoom which is understandable since everybody gets stomped by Professor Zoom, but Barry Zoom got KTFO in the first two pages of the fight. Then Hal continued to fight well all throughout ... so instead of downplaying or just straight up lying ..... take it for what it is .... Hal kept up with Zoom throughout the entire fight.

@rogues said:

My point is, Zod is aware of his powers, by OP, and Hal isn't fast enough to resist a speed blitz from him.

Yes he is, he's kept up with Superman and Cyborg Superman who have both shown that they can even speed blitz .... how many speed blitzing feats does Zod have? I also guess that you ignored the part where Hal can turn intangible, teleport and has auto shields...Zod isn't blitzing anyone, if someone is gonna speedblitz, it's Hal

@termiteone4ever said:

Hal have a high chance of losing this battle.

How

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It could probably go either way. It probably depends on which armor Zod is wearing.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal takes this even if he gets speed blitzed,someone show me a scan of a kryptonian being faster than a lantern who can travel light years in mere seconds.The only way I see zod taking this is if he induces fear in Hal which is highly unlikely.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_of_days:

Uh.. Lying? You want to talk about lying? That feat with Hal where it states how much power he's wielding? Yeah. Non-canon, mate. It's from the "New Frontier".

And Professor Zoom knocked himself down, not out. Instantly he's back up and using the Rogues' weaponry on Hal.

Yes? It makes a complete difference? It means he's not yet as expert as he is in his original first appearance. So Hal is getting beat by a "weaker" Zoom.

And Blitzing? Sure. Last Son, and For Tomorrow he's kicking the tar out of Supes.

Everyone knows that Kal holds back way too much.

Zod doesn't.

So? Autofire? This autofire really powerful enough to stop Zod?

Also, I ignored the other feats because he shouldn't have time to activate it.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogues said:

@Ancient_of_days:

Also, I ignored the other feats because he shouldn't have time to activate it.

You ignored the other feats cus you can't prove Zod can blitz Hal before his auto shields kick in and he makes a thought to BFR Zod or go intangible. Hal's auto-shields would stop any attack Zod throws at him.

The only time Zod blitzed was when he was Russian Zod, I haven't seen a single instance of him doing any blitzing in For Tomorrow or Last Son .... Superman did some blitzing in Last Son but none came from Zod.... Post the feats yourself. Hal can blitz Zod from what I've seen and since Zod doesn't move faster than thought, Hal can make whatever construct he needs to before Zod attacks him, you haven't proven anything to the contrary.

And of the other feats, the New Frontier one doesn't even matter since Zod isn't going to be punching with the force of an exploding Sun anyway, and Hal's constructs have held up against that as well (scan right above that before the John Stewart ones) but thanks for pointing that out....

Professor Zoom knocked himself down? You know why, Hal put up a construct before he could hit him with a statue. So technically, Hal knocked him down and out.....You lied about Hal not being able to keep up when he did exactly that, deflecting isn't helping your argument. Hal wasn't getting beat by a "weaker" Zoom, he was stalemating a "weaker" Zoom, lying again isn't helping either. If anything I'd say he beat Zoom in the first part of their fight and it continued and didn't conclude since it was interrupted.

You haven't proven how Zod could possibly win, he lacks the speed feats to keep up or even avoid getting BFRd.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zod is getting pretty popular on the forums lately

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT_DiiCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WHAT_DiiCK

Hal is also known secretly to be The Spectre.... Based on marvel wiki

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogues said:

@ancient_of_days: post the entire fight then.

Post where Zod blitzed Superman, or anyone for that matter .... no Russian, pocket universe Zod neither. As for the Zoom vs Hal fight, that was the whole fight since right after that he went on to fight Jay, Johnny and Max. Like I said it was interrupted when (his name escapes me came looking for Eobart.

In any case, where is the argument for Zod?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: lol what is that first scan from, the one where he's picking up wally?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never believed even a green lantern of Hal's caliber could stand up to a Kryptonian like Superman. Zod is not like Superman, he does hold back. All his punches are going to be meant to kill. This intangability/teleportation crap i'm hearing about Hal is so annoying, and makes people sound like a hypocrite. Hal rarely uses that, I believe he used those once or twice in his career. ( Not counting Silver Age ) But when I show a scan of Thor teleporting, BFR'ing, using Godblast or one of his other uber attacks it's said that he wouldn't do that, even though he has used those attacks way more than Hal does. Don't let me even get started on this auto fire crap. Do you honestly believe auto-fire is going to put down Zod? A guy who has been shown to be a big problem for Superman himself? The answer is no. Zod is going to bust through Hal's shields, and rip his head right off his body.

It would be like how Sentry ripped the head off of Morgan Le Frey.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Zod wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never believed even a green lantern of Hal's caliber could stand up to a Kryptonian like Superman. Zod is not like Superman, he does hold back. All his punches are going to be meant to kill. This intangability/teleportation crap i'm hearing about Hal is so annoying, and makes people sound like a hypocrite. Hal rarely uses that, I believe he used those once or twice in his career. ( Not counting Silver Age ) But when I show a scan of Thor teleporting, BFR'ing, using Godblast or one of his other uber attacks it's said that he wouldn't do that, even though he has used those attacks way more than Hal does. Don't let me even get started on this auto fire crap. Do you honestly believe auto-fire is going to put down Zod? A guy who has been shown to be a big problem for Superman himself? The answer is no. Zod is going to bust through Hal's shields, and rip his head right off his body.

It would be like how Sentry ripped the head off of Morgan Le Frey.

Auto-Fire is not meant to put down Zod, it just helps him to aim to hit Zod, since Krpytonians have super-speed, it doesn't have power behind it apart from the will of the Green Lantern, a shot from Hal would definitely hurt Zod

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If push comes to shove Hal just makes a punch of Kryptonite and kills Zod

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dondave said:

That's a Silver Age power only. It isn't a capability of modern GL rings.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dondave

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

No Caption Provided

This also happened when Hal's Ring was copied used against Superman in this way

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lvenger

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

No Caption Provided

This also happened when Hal's Ring was copied used against Superman in this way

How many times has this happened? Given the time taken to create it, it isn't a combat effective power. Plus Hal hasn't shown the capability to do it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Hal isn't going down in the first second of the fight and they are something he could make as the fight is going on, not to mention he can use his construct army to distract Zod as he does so. Why wouldn't Hal be able to do it? He's rearranged molecules before

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Where are those scans from? I recognise the artist from JLA: Year One. Is this in Post Crisis continuity?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Flash and Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold, yes it's canon

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do Guardians stack up to Kryptonians as far as durability goes? We know Hal can overpower/kill them...

This is tough...in terms of combat speed I think Zod is likely faster, but Hal has such amazing combat feats (especially lately)...tough one to call, but I'd say Hal 6/10, with the ability to construct Kryptonite I'd say 9/10

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lvenger: Hal isn't going down in the first second of the fight and they are something he could make as the fight is going on, not to mention he can use his construct army to distract Zod as he does so. Why wouldn't Hal be able to do it? He's rearranged molecules before

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The only thing I noticed in that whole scan was that lady's protruding nipple...

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pissed off Hal with the knowledge of Kryptonian weakness should win here...as Hal's shield would be suffice to withstand the initial blitz from Zod...

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DeathSamurai

Hal will kneel b4 Zod!!!!!!!

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably General Zod... he could get the Power Ring away from Hal and then the fight would be over

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither bloodlusted, but still went terribly for Green Lantern.

Hell, Hal Jordan was only "tenuously" able to survive getting one-shotted.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

At this rate, the Lanterns will need an army to take on Zod and Co.