User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Magethor

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Magethor said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

Magneto has Gravitrons powerset and more.

Better feats, more power and more diverse.

'I am Power! Men call me Magneto!'

That IS true, because Magneto IS at his full power. Yet with full control of gravity, couldn't Graviton... wait, that makes no sense. Never mind what I was gonna say.

Magneto has full control over Gravity as well, which means that he pretty much wins this in any situation.

Even if Gravitron tries to make a Black Hole (like some people are claiming on this forum) then magneto could de-atomise him in an instant before he can.

Wait where are you getting that Magneto can control gravity?

Yes...

I said where are you getting it, not can he.

He has a move called "Gravitation" and "Hyper Gravitation". on top of that, he can create anti-gravity fields. I posted it up on the 2nd page.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

I am not denying that he can, I just wanted to know where you were getting it, I believe that you are correct when you say he can control gravity.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Magethor

@Man_of_Miracles said:

I am not denying that he can, I just wanted to know where you were getting it, I believe that you are correct when you say he can control gravity.

He does it but I don't know the issues off the bat. I'm going to have to search for it. But in the mean while... Check this out.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Magethor said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

He does it but I don't know the issues off the bat. I'm going to have to search for it. But in the mean while... Check this out.

lol

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By daak1212

@Magethor said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thats non cannon to 616 universe. You have to use feats from normal Marvel U not video games or movies or w/e

WeaponOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By WeaponOmega

Magneto STOMPS!

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Stormcell

A Magneto vs. Graviton fight is so one-sided its spite. Why do so many people overrate Magneto? I don't care which is more powerful between EM and gravity. What counts in this fight is the scope of each of the combattants over their respective power. Graviton kills Magneto in his sleep. I have seen Graviton lift an entire island in the air (it may have been Manhattan or something the size of it) with his gravity powers while simultaneously using his gravity powers to alter the shape of the surface of the entire planet into a likeness of his face. That's right, he shaped the physical structure of the entire planet's surface to look like his face while he kept an island in the air. He did this without breaking a sweat. I have seen him use his gravity powers to compact the molecular structure of his body to make himself impervious to Human Torch's flames. In other words, he can exponentially increase his invulnerability factor with just a thought. He effortlessly manipulates gravity to where he can bend light waves and can create black holes as if it were the easiest thing in the world to do. In other words, Magneto will not be able to touch Gravity with his EM powers since Graviton can simply manipulate gravity to bend Magneto's energies away from him. This would nullify any attempt of Magneto to try and grab the metals in Graviton's blood since for Magneto to accomplish this feat, it would require him to project magneto energies into Graviton's body to latch onto the metals therein. Graviton can easily avoid this by increasing the gravitational forces around him to where any energy that comes in his vicinity is immediately bent elsewhere owing to the force of his powers.

Some of you have mentioned Magneto's feat of creating a wormhole. That doesn't compare to Graviton. Magneto wasn't doing anything else when he created that wormhole. Graviton isn't going to just sit there and let Magneto do something like that and not give him anything to worry about. As a matter of fact, given Graviton's extreme power advantage over Magneto, he could effortlessly stop Magneto from creating a wormhole (Though, it would be stupid of Magneto to try and create a wormhole in a battle against any powerful opponent. Its not going to do anything and it would leave him completely open to attack from his advasary.) Magneto needs a machine to boost his powers just to turn off the lights around the world when Graviton, without the aid of any machine, can easily multitask while at the same time controlling gravity on a global scale to do much more powerful feats than turning off the lights like rearranging the rocks of the earth to look like his face mimicking the power of an extremely powerful earth elemental with world wide powers.

Magneto's only hope for victory in this fight is to bring in the Scarlet Witch. Her powers are the only ones in play on his side that can stop Graviton. It won't be easy though since she requires time to concentrate to get a desired result. If she tosses hexes randomly without any concentration prior, sometimes, it can work against her. In other words, the more time Wanda is giving to concentrate on a hex bolt, the greater the probability it will have of working out in her favor. The less time she has to focus on a hex bolt before she fires it off, the chances of it doing her any good diminishes. However, given how Graviton can work his powers with mere thought, the only hope for Magneto/Wanda is for Wanda to take a chance and toss a hex off at the beginning of the fight without any concentration and hope it does some good to distract Graviton/mess up his powers. If she does this and it happens to create problems for Graviton, then she can leave an opening for Magneto to take Graviton out of the fight before Graviton can recouperate or she may be able to fire off a second hex bolt before Graviton can recover and take him out with the second bolt. The other scenerio would be for Magneto to try and distract Graviton giving SC time to concentrate to ensure a hex that would guarantee victory. Magneto doesn't have the power to distract Graviton. His powers simply don't compare. This whole fight is based of SC getting a hex off at the very beginning of the fight without any concentration and hoping the odds favor her and she would have to be quicker on the draw than Graviton. She can only do one task at a time while he can do many at a time. If they both attack at the same speed, she and Magneto die instantly while there is a chance that her power will not affect him negatively since she had no time to concentrate before firing off her hex bolt.

Now that I think of it,Graviton vs. Magneto and Scarlet Witch is really Graviton vs. Scarlet Witch with Graviton having the advantage. Magneto doesn't even factor into it.

If you want a better match up against Graviton, try Storm or powerful telepaths like Emma Frost, Exodus and Jean Grey. Storm's powers are truly a threat to Graviton as she could take him out of the fight by manipulating the air, pressure and heat within his body (she should be able to manipulate the moisture in his body as well with a thought), the telepaths could take him out with psychic assaults. I have never seen Graviton fight a telepath, therefore, I am unsure as to whether or not he has the willpower to fight off TP attacks. If he can fight off TP assaults, then Emma, Exodus and Jean are screwed if they fight him. Non-Phoenix Jean and Exodus don't have TK strong enough to compete with his gravity powers. It all comes down to Graviton's TP resistance here.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Magneto

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

The black guy ... loses.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Oh wait he's not even black.

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By torzone

Magneto

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By capall2

@Magethor said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Fortified_Hooligan Gravity is way more powerful, while magnetism keeps the Earth in check so does Gravity. Gravity is the thing keeping the planet in check from having the world be squashed and so many other things. And it is way more important when it comes to life. Graviton uses gravity and squashes Magneto to Death. Only way Magneto can win is with PIS...

ROFL. Gravity is only present with mass. The greater the mass, the more powerful the gravity. If not for electromagnetism not celestial object in space would hold together thus being no gravity. If not for electromagnetism holding atoms together, there would be no stars. No people, no life.

Like I said, gravity works where there is mass and the larger the mass, the greater the gravity. SO if Graviton were in space all by himself, the only gravity he can use is his own mass.... This is not so the case with Magneto since electromagnetism is virtually EVERYWHERE. Magneto would destroy Graviton in the middle of space.

On a planet, Graviton can control its gravity only on focused areas and his range is only as far as his senses can detect, meaning he needs to see where he's targeting to alter that areas gravity field. Magneto on the other hand can electromagnetically sense every atomic signature around the globe because as stated already.... Electromagnetism is EVERYWHERE. Magneto can be in China and kill Graviton while Graviton is in New York..... (sited: Magneto sensed Cortez 60 miles away and snatched him from his location to Magneto's in a manner of seconds)

Magneto can manipulate Graviton's mind because mental thought via the brain is generated by electromagnetism in the form of electric pulses.

Magneto can alter gravity with his powers. One of Magneto's powers is to generate anti-gravity fields. So if Graviton even tries using Magneto's mass against himself, Magneto can simply reverse it.

Graviton lifts lower Manhatten? So what! Magneto lifts a mountain range of Genosha

Does Graviton have blood? Bad luck for him, Magneto gives him a stroke.
Does Graviton's body have atoms? Bad luck for him, because Magneto will rip those atoms apart via their electron.

What if Graviton goes blood lusted and uses Magneto's mass to create a singularity? Magneto electromagnetically creates an astral form of himself and kills Graviton that way since Magneto's consciousness can exist in the EM field.

Magneto destroys Graviton.
And it would take serious PIS/CIS for Graviton to best Magneto.

this pretty much sums things up here...power of EM > power of gravity...it's basic science...not to mention Mags would also hold a upper hand on manipulation of his powers via his creativity...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Magethor: how is elecromagnetism supposed to control gravity? it can overwhelm gravity, I know, but even einstein failed to unify gravity and elecromagnetism.. the two waves dont interfere as far as I know. but light being an em wave is affected by gravity (affected, no interference) prominent example being black hole. also, em waves are NOT possible without oscillations or acceleration of a charge. and in the former case, frequency of oscillation = frequency of wave.My point is, you shouldn't underestimate or overestimate any one of the two forces. Both are as important to the universe as the other.It comes down to who control its powers better.well anyway we do agree on magneto beating graviton :)

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Magethor

@daak1212 said:

@Magethor said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thats non cannon to 616 universe. You have to use feats from normal Marvel U not video games or movies or w/e

Magneto wouldn't have these moves in the game if not for the comic. EM Disruptor Beam, Magnetic Blast, Hyper Gravitation, Gravitational Pull, Gravitational Repulse, Gravitational attract, Magnetic Tempest, Magnetic Shockwave, Gravity Squeeze and Forcefield are all the same stuff he does in the comic books.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to take a minute for those who don't understand the real life power differences between EM and gravity. What if something was one million times greater than something else? Lifting one pound, vs lifting one million pounds? 1

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Magneto

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By heymanjack

Magneto's got this. IN THA BAG!

smokinclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By smokinclone

@Man_of_Miracles: I agree. Everyone aside from yourself seems to have overlooked the fact this is not Magneto vs Graviton. This is Magneto +1 vs Graviton +1. The Scarlett Witch could probably curb stomp the two of them combined. Let alone teaming with one of them to face the other. Magneto wouldn't even have to bother with shutting down the electrochemical processes of graviton's brain rendering him a potato. He wouldn't even have to bother reversing his Gravtions electrochemical nervous system to shock him long enough to rip apart his atoms like he did to apocalypse in the aoa finale where he was far from his peak as it was already determined he lost at least half his poewr fighting holocaust years earlier.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Magneto's powers grant him reflexes 15 times better than a human's, meaning he's quicker to the draw, which equals Gravition being atomized.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Magneto should be able to take this with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch backing him up (Polaris doesn't make that much difference). If Graviton was able to use his powers to their full potential, I should think that he would win. However his slightly dodgy mental state isn't going to allow that.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Fortified_Hooligan said:

"Graviton in a spite. gravity is way more powerful than magnetism." That is as wrong as you can get. One of the major hurdles to incorporating gravity into the standard model of physics is how minescule and weak gravity is in proportion to the other forces of nature, the strong and weak nuclear forces, and electromagnetism. to express their relationship requires a number with something like 48 decimal places before you get to the first number, in favor of electromagnetism. To express that in terms of another relationship, gravity would be the "size" of a proton, and electromagnetism would be the "size" of the visible universe. Gravity's influence is negligible, and actually isn't taken into account in particle physics, a realm dominated by the other forces of physics.

Dude, stop bragging about things you don't know. Gravity's influence is weak, because it is compensated by huge amount of masses found in the world. The elementary mass to charge ratio of protons seems to show how weak gravity is, because electromagnetism generally handles microscopic domains. On Astronomical scales, Gravitation plays a much more important role.

I've nothing personal against you, I just don't like people giving central importance to one of the primary forces over other.. That's what ticked me off in a similar thread last time.

The reason Magneto wins here is because him being at a higher level in electromagnetic manipulation to Graviton's Gravitational one. I hope you don't take it offensive, I didn't mean any,k?

Edit: sorry. lol this was thread exactly :o :o

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Electromagnetism does work on astronomical scales, but because electrically chaged particles are so tightly interwoven they've basically cancelled their action at a distance to a large degree. Electrons in your head don't shove at the electrons in your feet because each is paired with a positively charged proton that occupies the negative charge of the electron. Here's another way to look at this relationship: if you had two 1 mm. cubes of stone they would weigh some small fraction of a gram. The wind could blow them out of your hand. And that's the attractive gravitational force of the whole planet pulling on them. If one grain were all electrons, and the other all protons, however, the electric attractive force between them would be 3 million tons. Electromagnetism just IS stronger. A lot. There's no getting around that. Now, if magneto and graviton were both trying to manipulate some object with their powers and they were having a sort of tug of war, for graviton to stand a chance he needs to be SO much more proficient in the manipulation of gravity than magneto's ability with EMF that there is no comparison to liken it to. It isn't the difference between Usain Bolt and you in running. Not even Bolt and Stephen Hawking. It's like Hawking and the flash in a foot race.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In other words lets say this: if you imagine both Magneto and Graviton could lift the same weight with their powers at maximum, it means graviton is 10 to the 43 times more proficient with his powers than Magneto in order to lift the same weight.

rod1949us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will need to learn more about my opponent before taking on the battle and debate this.. lol

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

gravaton seems to have the better feats

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto has my vote.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RULES:

• Graviton gets 12 minutes prep-time
  • Magneto gets 12 minutes prep-time as well
  • Both are at there full power
  • Morals on
  • This is not the hero Magneto, this Magneto's a villain
  • Magneto may call upon any of his following three children to help him win (Polaris, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch)
  • Graviton may call upon any of the following three Masters of Evil (Baron Zemo, Abomination, The Shocker)
  • Battle takes place at the Avengers Mansion, Avengers are not there to interfere with the battle but Nick Fury and Rick Jones are

Well I may be wrong, but I have the feeling that most of you didn't clearly/carefully read the OP.

If you follow it (as it is the rule for these battles), Graviton is destroyed by a spell from the Scarlet Witch prepared during the prep time.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graviton

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Seriously?

With this OP?

How is he going to survive a spell from a Scarlet Witch that has prep time???

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at basing this off on gravity vs electromagnetism, which is a tie. (EM is very strong interaction, but gravitation fights it with huge amount of mass)

All it matters is who can control things better, and I think it should go to magneto..

pein2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

two of children of magneto have the potential to be omega level. this is a spite thread.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: "All it matters is who can control things better"

No, all it matters is to follow the OP. Graviton has no chance against a Scarlet Witch with prep.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

@princearagorn1: "All it matters is who can control things better"

No, all it matters is to follow the OP. Graviton has no chance against a Scarlet Witch with prep.

In a character vs character battle, it doesn't matter whose power is how strong, what matters is how well they can use it. A general statement.

Particular: Magneto should win on his own anyway.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BullPR
Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graviton

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto...who is forever underestimated in these battles...

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto wins, he's got far more power than Graviton, but it's a good fight.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Slash03

Graviton in a good fight, he has better feats and more raw Power.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 takenstew22  Moderator

Graviton is basically just Magneto but better.

Avatar image for avalonofthewind
Avalonofthewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly, Graviton is what Magneto fans think Magneto is.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@takenstew22 said:

Exactly, Graviton is what Magneto fans think Magneto is.

Well tbf classic Mags was more of a powerhouse that people expect, he's just not got a lot since M-Day outside of that massive bullet feat

OT: Graviton probably wins given his feats. He does have a tendency to not be that strong at times but I think the good stuff outweighs the bad

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Graviton.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers