Goku vs Superman: who's a better hero?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for billzthegodofdestruction
BillzTheGodOfDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Goku vs Superman: who's a better hero? (131 votes)

Superman 57%
Goku 41%

now that BDZ:BotG is out goku is now unquestionably more powerful then superman and would effortlessly curbstomp him, even easier then he would have before.

my question is...

who is the better hero? goku, who protects the earth from gods or superman, a guy in spandex who only protects a city from crazy men in colorful outfits?

• 
LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both good

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xeon1cs

I see what you're trying to do here.

0/10

BillzTheGodOfDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeon1cs said:

I see what you're trying to do here.

0/10

start an intelligent debate?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

Personally I like superman more so.....

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jesus facepalm photo: Jesus Facepalm Jesus-Facepalm.jpg

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

$5 says he'll be banned within a week.

AnotherVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AnotherVillain

goku is the better hero...every time goku is gonna fight someone he has the courtesy to take the battle somewhere where no one can get hurt. supes just destroys buildings and goes through them and probably accidently kills some people lols

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jashro44

OH and IIRC superman once saved the omniverse so if we are putting the quality of a hero based off of the number of people he saved....

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xeon1cs

goku is the better hero...every time goku is gonna fight someone he has the courtesy to take the battle somewhere where no one can get hurt. supes just destroys buildings and goes through them and probably accidently kills some people lols

You're right. I remember him doing that against Buu. Oh...oh wait a second. Oh no. Oh no no no.

BillzTheGodOfDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku also cares more about people, superman doesn't.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The day Goku can fight an enemy without subjecting his friends and family to death, call me.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is willing to risk billions of lives, just because he wants to 'fight someone at their best'.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Furthermore, not only does Superman fight evil on a larger scale, but he also fights it on a smaller scale too.

When was the last time Goku talked someone out of suicide, stopped a plane from crashing or helped out in 3rd world countries?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MethoKi

Furthermore, not only does Superman fight evil on a larger scale, but he also fights it on a smaller scale too.

When was the last time Goku talked someone out of suicide, stopped a plane from crashing or helped out in 3rd world countries?

This should end the debate, basically.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show me an arc in DBZ where no one dies.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ComicStooge

Can this thread be locked?

It was obvious flame bait.

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By debeze

id say goku he even fights gods to protect the planet

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xeon1cs

@debeze said:

id say goku he even fights gods to protect the planet

Superman has certainly never done that.

Wait a second...

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By debeze
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debeze said:

@xeon1cs: u make fun about me?

No, he was just correcting something you said.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NeonGameWave

Goku would win in a fight but in terms of heroism, I believe them to be on the same level as they are equal. Both are also great characters and represent great things.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Goku left his wife and kids several times to go train and have fun:

-After Freeza he didn't even tell anyone he was still alive

-After Cell he gave the whole "earth will be safer without me" BS, and Buu proved that wrong.

-Then at the end of BDGT he gets his youth back and leaves his family behind to go hang with the dragon, forever, and doesn't even give his wife a hug.

A real hero wouldn't do that to his family, only a poser. Goku is fun, and has a good heart, but he is no Superman. Maybe it is just his Sayain backround as they don't really raise their kids, but Goku is a dead-beat dad.

momo111191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol superman has never risked lives for a fair fight.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ComicStooge

@neongamewave said:

Goku would win in a fight but in terms of heroism, I believe them to be on the same level as they are equal. Both are also great characters and represent great things.

Like how Goku is a representation of being a horrible father and friend, as well as being driven by ego?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Superman > Goku in every way conceivable...

Superman is hands down the greatest comic book superhero ever created, Goku is cheap Japanese crap.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: He is a good representation in terms of saving the people he cares about and also inspiring the people around him.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where the hell is the flag button

jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jaywray

@jj62 said:

Superman > Goku in every way conceivable...

Superman is hands down the greatest comic book superhero ever created, Goku is cheap Japanese crap.

... This is utterly laughable, forget your obvious bias towards Goku for being a Japanese fictional character.
But anyone on the planet that thinks Superman is the greatest superhero ever created is an utter dunce, he's about as likable a character as a brick wall, mega powerful? Sure, saves a galaxy or two? sure.

Does the reader give a damn about him in the slightest? no.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: He is a good representation in terms of saving the people he cares about and also inspiring the people around him.

Superman represents those things too. Not only that, he saves people he doesn't care about and in some cases, doesn't like. And in terms of inspiring the people around them, I don't think there's any comicbook hero who does that better then the Man of Steel.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Goku has always been more of a warrior than a hero, it has been more of a selfish drive to protect those he loves than save the common man like Supes does, and its not like Superman doesn't inspire those around him he's a heroic icon for Christ sake he is made to inspire and be symbol for good, truth, justice and you know the rest. If anyone in DBZ goes around and fights common crime its Gohan (Saiya Man) not Goku.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@jaywray: He is not suppose to be relate able he isn't Batman or Spiderman who fights crime for thier own reasons such as guilt and the pain of past events he does it because he wants to. He is a suppose to be an icon not someone with issues like you, who care if he can crush a planet with his fist be helps the world out the sincere kindness of his heart.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"... This is utterly laughable, forget your obvious bias towards Goku for being a Japanese fictional character.

But anyone on the planet that thinks Superman is the greatest superhero ever created is an utter dunce, he's about as likable a character as a brick wall, mega powerful? Sure, saves a galaxy or two? sure.

Does the reader give a damn about him in the slightest? no."

It's not that I hate Japanese people I'm not racist or anything like that. I just don't like anime at all, and dude Superman is the greatest of all time. Give the man respect, without him none of the others Marvel, DC or anime would exist today without him. He's the greatest and most iconic heroes of all time, right behind him is Captain America. He always does what's right, and stands for truth, justice, honor, etc.

He is the greatest superhero ever invented and that's the way it should be.

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By debeze

@jj62: goku and superman are the biggest in their leauge , goku in anime and superman in comic books.. plz dont insult japanase , racist

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@debeze said:

@jj62: goku and superman are the biggest in their leauge , goku in anime and superman in comic books.. plz dont insult japanase , racist

I would think someone like Astro-boy or Tetsujin-28 would be the bigger in the anime league than Goku

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NeonGameWave

@comicstooge: My point still stands. Superman may have done those same exact things but it doesn`t put him above Goku, Goku inspires many to work hard and although many would say that he is a bad father he is actually a good father, he is not perfect and can be clumsy at times but he sure does love his children and he even trusts as he also believes in them enough to the point where he knows they would be able to accomplish something that he can`t. Goku earns respect not through sheer duty but through the sheer encompassing values in regards to working hard and he has the innocence or characteristics of a kid, he even changes the people around him.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow things have changed here on the Vine.

Anyways, anybody who believes Goku is the better hero needs to think properly. Goku risks everybodys' lives and their futures so he could fight some bad guy at his peak potential. WATDAFUQ!

Goku's great but compared to Superman's greatness and kindness? Just no.

Superman all day everyday!

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NeonGameWave

@sharkbearagator said:

@neongamewave: Goku has always been more of a warrior than a hero, it has been more of a selfish drive to protect those he loves than save the common man like Supes does, and its not like Superman doesn't inspire those around him he's a heroic icon for Christ sake he is made to inspire and be symbol for good, truth, justice and you know the rest. If anyone in DBZ goes around and fights common crime its Gohan (Saiya Man) not Goku.

Goku is not only a warrior but a hero through his instinct and experiences within combat he has the drive to do what is right and he motivates the people around him while Superman is a symbol of hope throughout the world, Goku is a badge of duty to achieve hope for the universe, and I agree that Superman is a representation for good, truth and justice but it doesn`t make Goku a lesser individual. Both are equally and heroically awesome.

Goku - I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"

Superman - In this world, there is right and there is wrong...And that distinction is not difficult to make. The powers we have...The things we do...They're meant to inspire ordinary citizens...Not intimidate them...Not terrify them.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is the better hero.

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sharkbearagator: hell no , almost everyone! everyone!!!!! knows who goku is even my grandma ... Lol

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debeze: Call me when he has a statue or 2 dedicated in his honor in Japan. :P

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComicStooge
@neongamewave said:

@comicstooge: My point still stands. Superman may have done those same exact things but it doesn`t put him above Goku, Goku inspires many to work hard and although many would say that he is a bad father he is actually a good father, he is not perfect and can be clumsy at times but he sure does love his children and he even trusts as he also believes in them enough to the point where he knows they would be able to accomplish something that he can`t. Goku earns respect not through sheer duty but through the sheer encompassing values in regards to working hard and he has the innocence or characteristics of a kid, he even changes the people around him.

That doesn't make him a better hero.

No one's debating Goku isn't a good person, but he's not the hero Superman is.

Like I said, Superman inspires and gives hope to those around him, defends the Earth from threats on a daily basis and loves those around him undyingly, just like Goku.

The thing that puts Superman above Goku are things like talking people out of suicide, he helps third world countries, does charity work, attempts to cure AIDS and Cancer, he saves people from burning buildings and countless other acts of heroism that he asks nothing in return for.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Superman is basically the type of guy who will get your cat out of a tree.

Goku is the type of guy that will shoot your cat in the face with an energy blast and then bring it back with the Dragon Balls.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: At the point of the quote Goku had lost 2 of his friends one of which he knew for years. He was upset from the death of a friend, Goku's family and friends are what drives him and while that doesn't diminish who he is or his heroics. Superman inspires generations and almost the entire planet, he strives from humanity's well being not just those around him. Goku is heroic I can't deny that not many can and while he does care deeply for humanity I would never say on the level of Superman.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeon1cs said:

@comicstooge: Superman is basically the type of guy who will get your cat out of a tree.

Goku is the type of guy that will shoot your cat in the face with an energy blast and then bring it back with the Dragon Balls.

That too.

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@xeon1cs said:

Quote of the day

jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaywray: He is not suppose to be relate able he isn't Batman or Spiderman who fights crime for thier own reasons such as guilt and the pain of past events he does it because he wants to. He is a suppose to be an icon not someone with issues like you, who care if he can crush a planet with his fist be helps the world out the sincere kindness of his heart.

Just because he isn't meant to be relatable, doesn't mean he has to be about as likable as a dead puppy on Christmas morning.

@jj62 said:

"... This is utterly laughable, forget your obvious bias towards Goku for being a Japanese fictional character.

Does the reader give a damn about him in the slightest? no."

It's not that I hate Japanese people I'm not racist or anything like that. I just don't like anime at all, and dude Superman is the greatest of all time. Give the man respect, without him none of the others Marvel, DC or anime would exist today without him. He's the greatest and most iconic heroes of all time, right behind him is Captain America. He always does what's right, and stands for truth, justice, honor, etc.

He is the greatest superhero ever invented and that's the way it should be.

A: You're clearly Bias just for disliking anime in general, I don't mind you disliking anime in general, that's your opinion man, but you can't say you're not bias.
B: I do respect what the Superman comics has done for the industry, but THAT doesn't make him the best, it makes him the most successful.
C: Do you always measure of GOOD something is by how well it sells? Surely you must be loving Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and the likes.
D: I'm not stating Goku is the greatest hero of all time, as many have pointed out that his love of fighting and general good nature has put others at risk before inadvertently.
E: I don't think you can really say who's the greatest hero of all time, if you're talking about accomplishments then there are others who greatly surpass both, but does that make them better?

I personally know a lot of people who read / have read Superman ONLY to keep up to date with major events and hate the actual comics, hell I don't know a lot of people who actually like the comics I'm personally not a big fan of the main timeline superman comics, but some of the alternative Superman comics are some of my favorite fiction of any medium.

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By xeon1cs

The need for Goku to help ordinary citizens is just rendered 100% irrelevant by the Dragon Balls. It's why no one really cares about the whole: "OH MAN THE WHOLE PLANET IS GOING TO BLOW UP WE BETTER NOT FIGH-Nevermind we have like 8 sets of Dragon Balls."

Unless there is a threat on the planet, Goku has pretty much never helped just random people. And even then, he does a pretty bad job, you can outright blame Goku for the death of everyone on Earth during the Buu Saga.. Gohan was Superman-tier heroic for a bit while he was Saiyaman, but that's pretty much it.