#1 Edited by WillPayton (14824 posts) - - Show Bio

Godric(True Blood) vs Midnighter

..vs..

Random encounter, no doors for Midnighter. Fight starting 10m apart.

Who wins?

#2 Edited by dondave (40736 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Edited by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's current day Godric (not baby vamp Godric) he murderstomps - inhumanly fast and strong...even if Midnighter could read him I don't think he'd be able to keep up

#4 Edited by WillPayton (14824 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

If it's current day Godric (not baby vamp Godric) he murderstomps - inhumanly fast and strong...even if Midnighter could read him I don't think he'd be able to keep up

Midnighter is also insanely fast and strong.

#5 Posted by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Agreed, and I'm well aware of his exploits, but most of Middy's speedfeats are reaction-based; Godric legit travels at super-speed; he moves from one end of a massive church to the other without anyone even seeing him move. In terms of strength, Midnighter likely edges him out (not by much, old vampires in TB are retardedly strong as well), but I just don't think he would be able to tag him, not to mention Godric could likely one shot him (bite him, claw his head off, etc.). Godric is also likely a LOT more durable, just by nature of being a vampire (other vampires in the show have been shot tons of times, gotten crushed, etc. without getting hurt much at all, and Godric is more powerful than all of them). So, even if Midnighter could tag him, I don't think he could hurt him, either.

#6 Posted by Saren (27517 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@willpayton: Agreed, and I'm well aware of his exploits, but most of Middy's speedfeats are reaction-based; Godric legit travels at super-speed; he moves from one end of a massive church to the other without anyone even seeing him move. In terms of strength, Midnighter likely edges him out (not by much, old vampires in TB are retardedly strong as well), but I just don't think he would be able to tag him, not to mention Godric could likely one shot him (bite him, claw his head off, etc.). Godric is also likely a LOT more durable, just by nature of being a vampire (other vampires in the show have been shot tons of times, gotten crushed, etc. without getting hurt much at all, and Godric is more powerful than all of them). So, even if Midnighter could tag him, I don't think he could hurt him, either.

The Children of Gamorra legit-traveled at superspeed too; a single one of them could fly so fast Apollo had to hit his highest recorded speed to keep up, and that was fast enough to circle the Earth in a minute. Impetus traveled at superspeed, too; he was fast enough to blitz the combined rosters of Stormwatch and the Authority, and Midnighter broke his neck mid-blitz after Battalion acknowledged he was the only one there fast enough to stop the speedster, and that was while there were powerhouses like Apollo and Winter around. Other powerhouses like Captain Atom have remarked that they've never seen a human move as fast as Midnighter does. Every speedster Midnighter's ever fought has wound up dead. In terms of strength, Midnighter's held open the jaws of a 200 foot tall monster that was trying to eat him, ripped out train tracks and used them to kill Incubites that could toss 20 ton train cars like toys, and given Jack Hawksmoor (a meta who can tank shotgun blasts and hurl 50 ton propane tanks around while depowered) the beating of his life. As for being a lot more durable, Midnighter's been punched through a few walls by an angry Apollo and only had a bloody lip to show for it, he's been run over by a giant timeship, swords have broken against his skin, and he's been kicked at a mountain by a man stronger than Apollo and recovered in seconds. Godric is too durable? Laughable. Midnighter's killed bricks that went toe-to-toe with Apollo like Amaze, he's hurt Apollo himself with one strike, he's one-shotted freaking Maul (a guy who's punched Captain Atom senseless and wrestled with Majestic), and he even took out Winter. For reference, Winter was durable enough to take multiple blows from the High, a Superman-analogue who shattered the moon with one strike.

Maybe it's just what's been presented in his favor so far, but Godric doesn't seem better than Midnighter at anything.

#7 Posted by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Fair enough...I think I was likely wrong with my initial assessment

#8 Posted by Shavo (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

depends is it post or pre 52 midnighter?

#9 Edited by Buckshot (19358 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

The Children of Gamorra legit-traveled at superspeed too; a single one of them could fly so fast Apollo had to hit his highest recorded speed to keep up, and that was fast enough to circle the Earth in a minute. Impetus traveled at superspeed, too; he was fast enough to blitz the combined rosters of Stormwatch and the Authority, and Midnighter broke his neck mid-blitz after Battalion acknowledged he was the only one there fast enough to stop the speedster, and that was while there were powerhouses like Apollo and Winter around. Other powerhouses like Captain Atom have remarked that they've never seen a human move as fast as Midnighter does. Every speedster Midnighter's ever fought has wound up dead. In terms of strength, Midnighter's held open the jaws of a 200 foot tall monster that was trying to eat him, ripped out train tracks and used them to kill Incubites that could toss 20 ton train cars like toys, and given Jack Hawksmoor (a meta who can tank shotgun blasts and hurl 50 ton propane tanks around while depowered) the beating of his life. As for being a lot more durable, Midnighter's been punched through a few walls by an angry Apollo and only had a bloody lip to show for it, he's been run over by a giant timeship, swords have broken against his skin, and he's been kicked at a mountain by a man stronger than Apollo and recovered in seconds. Godric is too durable? Laughable. Midnighter's killed bricks that went toe-to-toe with Apollo like Amaze, he's hurt Apollo himself with one strike, he's one-shotted freaking Maul (a guy who's punched Captain Atom senseless and wrestled with Majestic), and he even took out Winter. For reference, Winter was durable enough to take multiple blows from the High, a Superman-analogue who shattered the moon with one strike.

Maybe it's just what's been presented in his favor so far, but Godric doesn't seem better than Midnighter at anything.

beat me to it

#10 Edited by laflux (23002 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot: Since your here, I thought Midnighter was significantly weaker than Spider-Man, but made up for it, in his ability to see weak points and exploit it with his own Superhuman strength. Holding open the Jaws of a 200 ft Monster sounds pretty much Spider-Man level to me.

#11 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter is such a beast. Gotta love him.

#12 Posted by WillPayton (14824 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52.

#13 Posted by Shavo (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjames447 said:

Pre-52.

then ill have to go with midnighter he put a beat on apollo who is arguably stronger and more durable than superman...

#15 Edited by Shavo (2199 posts) - - Show Bio