• 144 results
#101 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@LastSonBackUp said:
" @mandarink said:
1. For one Gladiator is based off more Silver age Superman not regular Superman so yeah he would feel his punches, even apollo was able to hurt him an weak superman foes why not him? Yeah he can knock him out you act like its impossible ONLY BECAUSE HE IS MARVEL.  
I never said Atom wouldn't feel his punches. That has nothing to do with it. What it has to do with is that Gladiator is weaker than Majestic, and if Atom can take blows from Majestic, Gladiator will not knock out Atom. Could he hurt him? Sure. I don't see why not. But will he be strong enough to knock him out? No. 

And this has nothing to do with being Marvel or DC, so I don't know why you would bring that up. 

2.Gladiator is strong enough to go toe to toe with Thor who has planet destroying power and come out and yet that isn't enough? Gladiator does just have to use his heat vision he mainly uses fist anyway so yeah he will literally take atoms hits with ease if thats what your implying if he can take direct hits to the head from Thors hammer whats a threat from atom right? Thor is way more dangeours than superman. "
That's impressive that Gladiator can go toe to toe with Thor, but that still doesn't give him the win against someone who has fought Majestic and Superman(who based on feats are both stronger and more durable than Thor). And in no way will Gladiator take punches from Atom, who is stronger than Gladiator by the way, with relative ease. Don't assume that I am saying Gladiator is weak. He is not, but based on feats about who Atom has been able to trade blows with, the conclusion is clear that Atom is stronger than Gladiator. "
None of them have punching power like Kallark. Kallark has taken blows from people who outclass Superman by a mile.
#102 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@LastSonBackUp said:
" @mandarink said:
1. For one Gladiator is based off more Silver age Superman not regular Superman so yeah he would feel his punches, even apollo was able to hurt him an weak superman foes why not him? Yeah he can knock him out you act like its impossible ONLY BECAUSE HE IS MARVEL.  
I never said Atom wouldn't feel his punches. That has nothing to do with it. What it has to do with is that Gladiator is weaker than Majestic, and if Atom can take blows from Majestic, Gladiator will not knock out Atom. Could he hurt him? Sure. I don't see why not. But will he be strong enough to knock him out? No. 

And this has nothing to do with being Marvel or DC, so I don't know why you would bring that up. 

2.Gladiator is strong enough to go toe to toe with Thor who has planet destroying power and come out and yet that isn't enough? Gladiator does just have to use his heat vision he mainly uses fist anyway so yeah he will literally take atoms hits with ease if thats what your implying if he can take direct hits to the head from Thors hammer whats a threat from atom right? Thor is way more dangeours than superman. "
That's impressive that Gladiator can go toe to toe with Thor, but that still doesn't give him the win against someone who has fought Majestic and Superman(who based on feats are both stronger and more durable than Thor). And in no way will Gladiator take punches from Atom, who is stronger than Gladiator by the way, with relative ease. Don't assume that I am saying Gladiator is weak. He is not, but based on feats about who Atom has been able to trade blows with, the conclusion is clear that Atom is stronger than Gladiator. "
1. Majestic is only a little stronger, just a little bit and you don't even have to compare him compare how he thought he was going to die to apollo who we all know for a fact is way weaker than Gladiator. Now way weaker, but he isn't at Gladiators level in strength. Captain atom was more powerful when this happened and he still felts mauls and apollos blows. So yeah Gladiator can definitely knock him out.  

2. You said what? Superman and Captain atom are no where near as durable as Thor I'm sorry lol. Thor has taken blasts from a bomb that can destroy planets, blast from a bomb that can destroy galaxies, blasts from every single celestial, he has been under the weight of a SCORE  of planets, he can teleport directly in the sun and unlike Superman he doesn't get energy from it I've seen superman sweat from heat before in apok. Those have never taken punishment like Thor I'm sorry I've read all three characters and Superman use to be my favorite hero but he didn't take any hits like those. There is no proof showing captain atom is stronger, this is that dc effect I see around here so much. A marvel character didn't do something a dc character did and he is automatically assumed weaker but when a dc character hasn't done it what happens? They say there are thousands of flaws in the marvel character feat. In another thread they say gladiator didn't even smash a planet because we dont know what is made of, Its a damn planet thats all you need to know. Captain atom has not shown to be stronger than gladiator whos fists are planet destroyers, Atoms power isn't power leveing so he won't be taking Gladiator out anytime soon unless he finds out the weakness.
#103 Posted by BattleMage (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator

#104 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" The Storm that produced the radiation was a skrull IIRC. Kallark was too fast to be hit by it anyway. Plus, Atom doesn't know about that so it's unlikely he'd use such attack. "
The skrull Storm actually hit Gladiator. The real Storm made the same radiation, but missed because he was too fast. 

@mandarink said:
" Two I swear atom has been beaten before with out his skin being breached considering the fact he has been knocked down and hurt by punches from several beings not as strong as Gladiator.
Who would that be? 

@mandarink said:
" When did storm produce the radiation lol? Last time I checked she has the powers of weather and even when you go into her ability she is only capable of controllong a cosmic storm, or controlling electrical flow in your body not producing any type of radiation lol.
She has control over the elements and radiation from the sun. Her powers aren't limited to just weather.
#105 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:
" 1. Majestic is only a little stronger, just a little bit and you don't even have to compare him compare how he thought he was going to die to apollo who we all know for a fact is way weaker than Gladiator. Now way weaker, but he isn't at Gladiators level in strength. Captain atom was more powerful when this happened and he still felts mauls and apollos blows. So yeah Gladiator can definitely knock him out.  
Captain Atom was not powered up in Armageddon. That's a common misconception. His power level didn't change when he had a portion of the Void, and it was never stated in the book. Also, Captain Atom didn't think he was going to die at all. You seem to be twisting what he really thought. He assumed that Apollo was trying to kill him. With that said, Captain Atom endured all of his best shots, and then laughed at him and spit in his face. 

True story. 

@DrTyrannical said:
"None of them have punching power like Kallark.
Majestic claims that he can destroy planets with his fists, too.
#106 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @DrTyrannical said:
" The Storm that produced the radiation was a skrull IIRC. Kallark was too fast to be hit by it anyway. Plus, Atom doesn't know about that so it's unlikely he'd use such attack. "
The skrull Storm actually hit Gladiator. The real Storm made the same radiation, but missed because he was too fast. 

@mandarink said:
" Two I swear atom has been beaten before with out his skin being breached considering the fact he has been knocked down and hurt by punches from several beings not as strong as Gladiator.
Who would that be? 

@mandarink said:
" When did storm produce the radiation lol? Last time I checked she has the powers of weather and even when you go into her ability she is only capable of controllong a cosmic storm, or controlling electrical flow in your body not producing any type of radiation lol.
She has control over the elements and radiation from the sun. Her powers aren't limited to just weather. "
Since when has she had those powers? Last I checked it was limited to the weather and the many abilities of the weather, if she could do this radiation trick why didn't she do this on hulk?  Even if she could the fact she knows radiation hurts him was pretty stupid, and the fact she produce it even is dumber, because a sun produced certain type of radiation, not every type of the sun would be killing Superman from g k radiation but at the same time healing him with solar and he'd never get any power so thats just dumb.
#107 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @mandarink said:
" 1. Majestic is only a little stronger, just a little bit and you don't even have to compare him compare how he thought he was going to die to apollo who we all know for a fact is way weaker than Gladiator. Now way weaker, but he isn't at Gladiators level in strength. Captain atom was more powerful when this happened and he still felts mauls and apollos blows. So yeah Gladiator can definitely knock him out.  
Captain Atom was not powered up in Armageddon. That's a common misconception. His power level didn't change when he had a portion of the Void, and it was never stated in the book. Also, Captain Atom didn't think he was going to die at all. You seem to be twisting what he really thought. He assumed that Apollo was trying to kill him. With that said, Captain Atom endured all of his best shots, and then laughed at him and spit in his face. 

True story. 

@DrTyrannical said:
"None of them have punching power like Kallark.
Majestic claims that he can destroy planets with his fists, too. "
No he said these guys are trying or going to kill me re read the fight between apollo I believe. His power level was suppose to be higher I had read the thing like about a month or two ago. Yeah Apollo had been trying to kill him the entire several comics but one of those fight before he was about to destroy the universe powerful apolllo was hitting on him and he marked how he felt his blows to. If Majestic can destroy planets and hurt atom and Glads can destroy planets why is that other guy saying gladiators own would be a different story? They aren't equal but majestic was still holding back.
#108 Posted by karrob (4303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" TruePwnge said:
"Sure Atom is powerful, and he's got huge potential but he's never, ever lived up to it and DC have never built this character correctly. 
LOL. Atom has lived up to his potential twice (creating a universe of his own and becoming Monarch, powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with Superman-Prime). "
#109 Edited by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:

"No he said these guys are trying or going to kill me re read the fight between apollo I believe.

I just said this (and now you are trying to change what you said and agree with me). Captain Atom assumed that Apollo was trying to kill him. You said earlier that Captain Atom thought he was going to die, which is wrong. Please pay attention to what I'm saying. Both statements aren't the same.

This is what you said, before your last post.

you don't even have to compare him compare how he thought he was going to die to apollo

This is what I said.

Also, Captain Atom didn't think he was going to die at all. You seem to be twisting what he really thought. He assumed that Apollo was trying to kill him. 

Here's the scan.

No Caption Provided

After that, Atom spit on him and said that killing him would take hours and that he would need a lot more power.

@mandarink said:

His power level was suppose to be higher I had read the thing like about a month or two ago

It doesn't matter what you thought it was supposed to be. The book never stated that he was powered up. The portion of the Void in his body would cause him to detonate and destroy the universe, but nothing was stated about his overall power level. He wasn't powered up until Apollo started the reaction in his body (the very last book in the series). You should read it again.

@mandarink said:

" Yeah Apollo had been trying to kill him the entire several comics but one of those fight before he was about to destroy the universe powerful apolllo was hitting on him and he marked how he felt his blows to.

I don't understand what this means. 

@mandarink said:

"If Majestic can destroy planets and hurt atom and Glads can destroy planets why is that other guy saying gladiators own would be a different story? They aren't equal but majestic was still holding back. "

I never said that Captain Atom wouldn't be hurt. Of course he's going to get hurt, but I doubt that Gladiator can kill him. That's my point. Even if Majestic was holding back, he's still superior to Gladiator.

@mandarink said:

"Since when has she had those powers? Last I checked it was limited to the weather and the many abilities of the weather, if she could do this radiation trick why didn't she do this on hulk?

Since forever. Her powers are amplified in outer space and she's shown to manipulate cosmic forces out there (space lightning on several occasions, solar winds, and she has even harnessed the power of the Galactic Core once, although it took a lot out of here). It's not limited to just weather. It never was. She's been pulling things like this off for decades (especially when Claremont was writing X-Men). What she does against the Hulk is of no consequence, and it doesn't really change anything.

@mandarink said:

"Even if she could the fact she knows radiation hurts him was pretty stupid, and the fact she produce it even is dumber, because a sun produced certain type of radiation, not every type of the sun would be killing Superman from g k radiation but at the same time healing him with solar and he'd never get any power so thats just dumb. "

What's so difficult about manipulation the Sun's radiation along a certain wavelength to produce the radiation that weakens Gladiator? The Sun doesn't just have solar energy in it. What does Superman have to do with anything?
#110 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2806 posts) - - Show Bio
@Warsman said:
" Captain Atom. "

#111 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  Captain Atom has no idea that Kallark is weak to a specific type of radiation let aloe what type of radiation it is. 

Unless you're just addressing the other guy's absurd post, it has no relevance really.
#112 Edited by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:

" @Static Shock:  Captain Atom has no idea that Kallark is weak to a specific type of radiation let aloe what type of radiation it is. "

Re-read all of my posts within this thread and tell me where I said that he knew about it.
#113 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

" @Static Shock:  Captain Atom has no idea that Kallark is weak to a specific type of radiation let aloe what type of radiation it is. "

Re-read all of my posts within this thread and tell me where I said that he knew about it. "
Re-read my post.

Apologies.
#114 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
"Re-read my post.  Apologies. "
Aight. I read it. Sorry.
#115 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Also, you claimed that Captain Atom was beaten by people weaker than Gladiator. Who would that be?
#116 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @mandarink said:

"No he said these guys are trying or going to kill me re read the fight between apollo I believe.

I just said this (and now you are trying to change what you said and agree with me). Captain Atom assumed that Apollo was trying to kill him. You said earlier that Captain Atom thought he was going to die, which is wrong. Please pay attention to what I'm saying. Both statements aren't the same.

This is what you said, before your last post.

you don't even have to compare him compare how he thought he was going to die to apollo

This is what I said.

Also, Captain Atom didn't think he was going to die at all. You seem to be twisting what he really thought. He assumed that Apollo was trying to kill him. 

Here's the scan.

No Caption Provided

After that, Atom spit on him and said that killing him would take hours and that he would need a lot more power.

@mandarink said:
His power level was suppose to be higher I had read the thing like about a month or two ago
It doesn't matter what you thought it was supposed to be. The book never stated that he was powered up. The portion of the Void in his body would cause him to detonate and destroy the universe, but nothing was stated about his overall power level. He wasn't powered up until Apollo started the reaction in his body. You should read it again.

@mandarink said:
" Yeah Apollo had been trying to kill him the entire several comics but one of those fight before he was about to destroy the universe powerful apolllo was hitting on him and he marked how he felt his blows to.
I don't understand what this means. 

@mandarink said:
"If Majestic can destroy planets and hurt atom and Glads can destroy planets why is that other guy saying gladiators own would be a different story? They aren't equal but majestic was still holding back. "
I never said that Captain Atom wouldn't be hurt. Of course he's going to get hurt, but I doubt that Gladiator can kill him. That's my point. Even if Majestic was holding back, he's still superior to Gladiator.

@mandarink said:
"Since when has she had those powers? Last I checked it was limited to the weather and the many abilities of the weather, if she could do this radiation trick why didn't she do this on hulk?
Since forever. Her powers are amplified in outer space and she's shown to manipulate cosmic forces out there (space lightning on several occasions, solar winds, and she has even harnessed the power of the Galactic Core once, although it took a lot out of here). It's not limited to just weather. It never was. She's been pulling things like this off for decades (especially when Claremont was writing X-Men). What she does against the Hulk is of no consequence, and it doesn't really change anything.

@mandarink said:
"Even if she could the fact she knows radiation hurts him was pretty stupid, and the fact she produce it even is dumber, because a sun produced certain type of radiation, not every type of the sun would be killing Superman from g k radiation but at the same time healing him with solar and he'd never get any power so thats just dumb. "
What's so difficult about manipulation the Sun's radiation along a certain wavelength to produce the radiation that weakens Gladiator? The Sun doesn't just have solar energy in it. What does Superman have to do with anything? "
1.Yeah I was right he said he is going to kill him not trying it says it clear as day over there lol. 
2.Yeah Gladiator can do damage to Captain atom but that comment was towards the other guy not you. But yeah Gladiator has shown to have more powerful punches than Atom, like planet devastating blows. 
3.Yeah but her powers are with weather sun isn't really weather but it effects it. I know she like Thor is more powerful in space but radiation is and entirely different think.The sun can't just randomly produce a certain type of radiation it have certain types it stick withs and only a few make it to earth the rest like gamma never make it here. If what your saying it true taht means the sun during certain times of the year would kill gladiator other times wouldn't effect him at all. Thats probably why she doesn't have that random power anymore. Makes no sense if she has the powers of the sun gravity, heat radiation, but not gravity heat, random radiation thats like she can be a captain atom if she wanted to. 
4.Again the sun does just shit different random radiations that would be thousands if not many more through out the universe. If thats the case it would happen in dc with Supermanand there be green k suns floating around right? Suns produce different radiation but not random radiations whatever they have makes them up. I was using Siuperman as and example as green k radiation would hurt him and that would mean weather wizard can pwn superman by summon green k radiation like storm and gladiator.
#117 Edited by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:

" 1.Yeah I was right he said he is going to kill him not trying it says it clear as day over there lol.

No, you weren't. You first said that Atom thought was going to die (which was wrong, at first, admit it). That's what you said, and then you tried to change your statement in Atom thinking that Apollo was going to kill him after I told you what he said. Admit it.  

'Going to' or 'trying to' aren't that much different. Either way, Apollo was unable to do what Captain Atom thought and as a result, Captain Atom spit on him.

@mandarink

said:

" 2.Yeah Gladiator can do damage to Captain atom but that comment was towards the other guy not you. But yeah Gladiator has shown to have more powerful punches than Atom, like planet devastating blows.

Apparently, Gladiator doesn't deliver blows that powerful in a lot of his fights.

@mandarink

said:

" 3.Yeah but her powers are with weather sun isn't really weather but it effects it. I know she like Thor is more powerful in space but radiation is and entirely different think.The sun can't just randomly produce a certain type of radiation it have certain types it stick withs and only a few make it to earth the rest like gamma never make it here. If what your saying it true taht means the sun during certain times of the year would kill gladiator other times wouldn't effect him at all. Thats probably why she doesn't have that random power anymore. Makes no sense if she has the powers of the sun gravity, heat radiation, but not gravity heat, random radiation thats like she can be a captain atom if she wanted to.

Ummm.... She's still has the power to manipulate cosmic forces in space... I'm not sure what you're trying to argue, but she's been doing things like this for years on a consistent basis. It's happened too many times. Deal with it. She was able to produce his weakness, and a skrull version of herself did it, too. There. 

@mandarink

said:

" 4.Again the sun does just shit different random radiations that would be thousands if not many more through out the universe. If thats the case it would happen in dc with Supermanand there be green k suns floating around right? Suns produce different radiation but not random radiations whatever they have makes them up. I was using Siuperman as and example as green k radiation would hurt him and that would mean weather wizard can pwn superman by summon green k radiation like storm and gladiator. "

You're not making any sense. Kryptonite radiation isn't produced from the Sun. You have no point here. You're making an excuse for what Storm has shown to be capable of. Weather Wizard hasn't shown to manipulate cosmic forces from outer space, either...
#118 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @mandarink said:

" 1.Yeah I was right he said he is going to kill him not trying it says it clear as day over there lol.

No, you weren't. You first said that Atom thought was going to die (which was wrong, at first, admit it). That's what you said, and then you tried to change you statement in Atom thinking that Apollo was going to kill him after I told you what he said. Admit it.  

'Going to' or 'trying to' aren't that much different. Either way, Apollo was unable to do what Captain Atom thought and as a result, Captain Atom spit on him.

@mandarink

said:

" 2.Yeah Gladiator can do damage to Captain atom but that comment was towards the other guy not you. But yeah Gladiator has shown to have more powerful punches than Atom, like planet devastating blows.

Apparently, Gladiator doesn't deliver blows that powerful in a lot of his fights.

@mandarink

said:

" 3.Yeah but her powers are with weather sun isn't really weather but it effects it. I know she like Thor is more powerful in space but radiation is and entirely different think.The sun can't just randomly produce a certain type of radiation it have certain types it stick withs and only a few make it to earth the rest like gamma never make it here. If what your saying it true taht means the sun during certain times of the year would kill gladiator other times wouldn't effect him at all. Thats probably why she doesn't have that random power anymore. Makes no sense if she has the powers of the sun gravity, heat radiation, but not gravity heat, random radiation thats like she can be a captain atom if she wanted to.

Ummm.... She's still has the power to manipulate cosmic forces in space... I'm not sure what you're trying to argue, but she's been doing things like this for years on a consistent basis. It's happened too many times. Deal with it. She was able to produce his weakness, and a skrull version of herself did it, too. There. 

@mandarink

said:

" 4.Again the sun does just shit different random radiations that would be thousands if not many more through out the universe. If thats the case it would happen in dc with Supermanand there be green k suns floating around right? Suns produce different radiation but not random radiations whatever they have makes them up. I was using Siuperman as and example as green k radiation would hurt him and that would mean weather wizard can pwn superman by summon green k radiation like storm and gladiator. "

You're not making any sense. Kryptonite radiation isn't produced from the Sun. You have no point here. You're making an excuse for what Storm has shown to be capable of. Weather Wizard hasn't shown to manipulate cosmic forces from outer space, either... "
1. I said it wrong when I reread it I noticed and changed it up. Yeah I was wrong the first time around because you can kinda change the phrase around in your head with out even noticing. 
2. Atom has never so it doesn't really make a difference lol. Superman can deliver mountain shattering blows but rarely does to does that mean he's gotten weaker? 
3.Not really I know she has been able to do it with cosmic forces thats a well known fact doing what she did to gladiator doesn't make sense. Its like saying the sun during the month of june does summer and solar, but doing winter does radio waves. It doesn't work that way lol.  
4. I am making sense. Gladiator is basically a marvel Superman. His weakness does come from a sun it comes from a rock that gives off radiation. Same with Superman rocks and suns don't give out the same radiation, rocks don't even give out radiation so she her randomly plucking what she wants to produce is pretty stupid. I don't know how else i can explain it unless your saying storm is basically the female version of Captain atom and Thor. Thats what your saying but in reality she is just a woman who controls the weather not creates random radiation for different effects. Weather wizard is basically like storm but he doesn't fight in space so of course he hasn't been shown but it doesn't matter what your saying is he can do the exact same thing just like magneto and polaris.
#119 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:
"2. Atom has never so it doesn't really make a difference lol. Superman can deliver mountain shattering blows but rarely does to does that mean he's gotten weaker?
It does, actually. If Gladiator doesn't deliver planet-shattering blows often in battle, he's not likely to do it here. Superman claims that he can shatter a planet with his fists, and on one occasion, he's pummeled Konvict with punches powerful enough to split small planets in half. However, Superman rarely uses that level of strength in a lot of his fights. Whether or not Atom has done it doesn't really matter (not to mention that he's within Superman's strength class, anyway). Doesn't mean that Atom cannot hurt Gladiator with punches.

@mandarink said:
3.Not really I know she has been able to do it with cosmic forces thats a well known fact doing what she did to gladiator doesn't make sense. Its like saying the sun during the month of june does summer and solar, but doing winter does radio waves. It doesn't work that way lol.
You're comparing apples to oranges, and misinterpreting her ability to do what she did. 

@mandarink said:
" 4. I am making sense. Blah, blah, blah.
No, you're not. Just drop it.
#120 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @mandarink said:
"2. Atom has never so it doesn't really make a difference lol. Superman can deliver mountain shattering blows but rarely does to does that mean he's gotten weaker?
It does, actually. If Gladiator doesn't deliver planet-shattering blows often in battle, he's not likely to do it here. Superman claims that he can shatter a planet with his fists, and on one occasion, he's pummeled Konvict with punches powerful enough to split small planets in half. However, Superman rarely uses that level of strength in a lot of his fights. Whether or not Atom has done it doesn't really matter (not to mention that he's within Superman's strength class, anyway). Doesn't mean that Atom cannot hurt Gladiator with punches.

@mandarink said:
You're comparing apples to oranges, and misinterpreting her ability to do what she did. 

@mandarink said:
" 4. I am making sense. Blah, blah, blah.
No, you're not. Just drop it. "
1.So why does it count when Superman doesn't do it often but when Gladiator doesn't do it he can't do it? Unlike Gladiator Superman makes claims but he has trouble holding up pyraminds and stuff. Please don't act like some of these other guys man I know you lol You don't count out a character just cause he's marvel thats what to many do here.  I'm not saying atom can't but it seems you believe gladiator is at rouges level or something. 
2.I'm really not he controls weather she controls weather what your saying is storm can take on atom and produce energy just as easily as he does. 
3.By the way a plantoid is like a chunk of ice pluto, a planet can be earth or planets like jupiter. Big difference and Superman cheats he always use speed to break through stuff gladiator would just use strength.
#121 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:
"1.So why does it count when Superman doesn't do it often but when Gladiator doesn't do it he can't do it? Unlike Gladiator Superman makes claims but he has trouble holding up pyraminds and stuff. Please don't act like some of these other guys man I know you lol You don't count out a character just cause he's marvel thats what to many do here.  I'm not saying atom can't but it seems you believe gladiator is at rouges level or something.
You're not paying attention to what I'm saying. I'm speaking for both of them. Normally, Gladiator and Superman rarely deliver blows that powerful in a fight. Also, Superman didn't have trouble holding a pyramid. He lifted it and carried it to Mars, so what are you talking about? This has nothing to do with Gladiator being a Marvel character.
#122 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @mandarink said:
"1.So why does it count when Superman doesn't do it often but when Gladiator doesn't do it he can't do it? Unlike Gladiator Superman makes claims but he has trouble holding up pyraminds and stuff. Please don't act like some of these other guys man I know you lol You don't count out a character just cause he's marvel thats what to many do here.  I'm not saying atom can't but it seems you believe gladiator is at rouges level or something.
You're not paying attention to what I'm saying. I'm speaking for both of them. Normally, Gladiator and Superman rarely deliver blows that powerful in a fight. Also, Superman didn't have trouble holding a pyramid. He lifted it and carried it to Mars, so what are you talking about? This has nothing to do with Gladiator being a Marvel character. "
Actually that was Martian Manhunter not Superman. Regardless your last statement basically sounded like Gladiator couldn't do it while Superman could because he pounded one guy in the ground. My point of this was just saying Gladiator can knock out Atom if he got enough blows in, most people here don't know gladiator or atom but assume atom wins becasue he's dc.
#123 Edited by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:

"Actually that was Martian Manhunter not Superman.

No. In Final Crisis, Superman lifted the pyramid and carried it to Mars. Martian Manhunter was dead, and his body was tombed inside of it. 

It was Martian Manhunter that lifted a large icecap on Mars. 

@mandarink said:
"Regardless your last statement basically sounded like Gladiator couldn't do it while Superman could because he pounded one guy in the ground.
That wasn't what my statement said at all. You misinterpreted it.
#124 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @mandarink said:

"Actually that was Martian Manhunter not Superman.

No. In Final Crisis, Superman lifted the pyramid and carried it to Mars. Martian Manhunter was dead, and his body was tombed inside of it. 

It was Martian Manhunter that lifted a large icecap on Mars. 

@mandarink said:
"Regardless your last statement basically sounded like Gladiator couldn't do it while Superman could because he pounded one guy in the ground.
That wasn't what my statement said at all. You misinterpreted it. "
1.Oh yeah your right lol then he melted it, after MM died he did lift it I was referring to another time though not that one. 
2.Your statement sounded like every one else so I really didn't lol. When you look around thats basically how most dc fans sound, in aother thread a guy just said Superman can beat Juggernaut with heat vision, he also said he can beat trion Juggernaut, regular superman mind you. So when you say that you kinda sounded like the others here but I know you never really talked like that, or I haven't heard you talk like that.
#125 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:

"2.Your statement sounded like every one else so I really didn't lol.

No, you really did. You misinterpreted what I said. Now, pay attention...

This is what I said.

If Gladiator doesn't deliver planet-shattering blows often in battle, he's not likely to do it here. Superman claims that he can shatter a planet with his fists, and on one occasion, he's pummeled Konvict with punches powerful enough to split small planets in half. However, Superman rarely uses that level of strength in a lot of his fights. 

I'm here saying that Gladiator would be less likely use that level of strength in a fight. I used Superman as an example (he can shatter planets, too), because even though he can, like Gladiator, he's less likely to use that level of strength, also. For both, shattering planets or using the strength required to do it is a rare occurrence. Thus, both of them are somewhat held to the same standard of not using that level of power in most of their fights.

My statement sounded like everyone else's because you have trouble comprehending what was actually said.
#126 Posted by mandarink (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @mandarink said:

"2.Your statement sounded like every one else so I really didn't lol.

No, you really did. You misinterpreted what I said. Now, pay attention...

This is what I said.

If Gladiator doesn't deliver planet-shattering blows often in battle, he's not likely to do it here. Superman claims that he can shatter a planet with his fists, and on one occasion, he's pummeled Konvict with punches powerful enough to split small planets in half. However, Superman rarely uses that level of strength in a lot of his fights. 

I'm here saying that Gladiator would be less likely use that level of strength in a fight. I used Superman as an example (he can shatter planets, too), because even though he can, like Gladiator, he's less likely to use that level of strength, also. For both, shattering planets or using the strength required to do it is a rare occurrence. Thus, both of them are somewhat held to the same standard of not using that level of power in most of their fights.  My statement sounded like everyone else's because you have trouble comprehending what was actually said. "
1. I had no trouble comprehending anything reread your own posts you definitely sounded like the others for a moment there. You pretty much claimed Gladiator didn't have that type of power. 
2.Gladiator is like Superman but isn't Superman. If he is fighting some one like Atom and he is as dangerous to him as you claim he will not hold back those blows. Read his fight with Thor and Supreme, those type of guys he doesn't hold back against.  If atom is so dangerous he will do the same thing to, Superman cutting loose is pretty much destroying a planet.
#127 Edited by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:

"1. I had no trouble comprehending anything reread your own posts you definitely sounded like the others for a moment there. You pretty much claimed Gladiator didn't have that type of power.

I don't need to re-read my own post because I know what I said. Nowhere did I say that Gladiator didn't have type of power. Now, you're putting words in my mouth. I said that he would be less likely to use it to that extent in most of his fights. So, you did have trouble comprehending. 

@mandarink said:

2.Gladiator is like Superman but isn't Superman. If he is fighting some one like Atom and he is as dangerous to him as you claim he will not hold back those blows. Read his fight with Thor and Supreme, those type of guys he doesn't hold back against.  If atom is so dangerous he will do the same thing to, Superman cutting loose is pretty much destroying a planet. "

How do you know he was dishing out planet-busting shots against Thor? His fight with Supreme is non-canon, anyway, so I'm not addressing that. Whether or not Gladiator isn't Superman is besides the point.
#128 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  Again, his fight with Supreme IS cannon. It was referenced in both 616 continuity as well as in Image continuity. 
#129 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" @Static Shock:  Again, his fight with Supreme IS cannon. It was referenced in both 616 continuity as well as in Image continuity.  "
When and where?
#130 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

" @Static Shock:  Again, his fight with Supreme IS cannon. It was referenced in both 616 continuity as well as in Image continuity.  "
When and where? "
I'll dig it up for you when I get home from work. If I can find it before then, I'll let you know. 

But it is cannon.
#131 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator-Supreme #1 March 1997 is when they fought.

And then if I recall correctly it was referenced in X-Men vol. 2, #90 July 1999.  This is off the top of my head. Again, I have to go home to tell you for sure, but this sounds right.

#132 Posted by chriconz123 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

What would stop Cap from dragging Glads into the Quantum Field and make Kallark his plaything?

#133 Posted by Saren (27534 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom.

#134 Posted by Saren (27534 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

What would stop Cap from dragging Glads into the Quantum Field and make Kallark his plaything?

It's not in character for him to do so.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#135 Posted by termiteone4ever (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@chriconz123 said:

It's not in character for him to do so.

If you were around when Dr DrTyrannical was Rampaging about Gladiator and the hours and countless argument he would argue that done to the teeth lol

I won't like he was pretty good and i like how he stands up for dare old Kallark lol

#136 Posted by super_psycho (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom

#137 Posted by Superskrull86 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator

#138 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom wins here

#139 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

The fact that Captain Atom has never dragged anyone into the Quantum Field under normal conditions. I'd understand if has no morals, though.

#140 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, respectively, a case can be made for both of them.

#141 Posted by nickthedevil (14901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Warsman said:

Alpha said:
"Warsman said:
"Captain Atom."
I know CA is strong but against Gladiator's speed and power."
Has Glads fought people who can control things on a molecular level?

Yes he has. Silver Surfer

@TruePwnge said:

Seriously Gladiator will own Atom in about 5 secondsJuggy lasted about 1 secondhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3AQWxAigOnly a guy like Superman would own Gladiator...since being the real slim shady could shatter his confidence or a guy like Silver Surfer might own himEveryone else is going down

and even then, they went head to head before, when Gladiator was shattering planets with a punch. Silver surfer himself confessed that their battle is stalemated. they were equals, and it wouldnt end unless something was done.

Surfer's something = Talk out his problems. seriously.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gladiator Goes 100 times faster than light, and stalemated Uni-power Sue Storm as well. He can weild enough energy to destroy a galaxy and his heat vision alone is as powerful as an exploding star.

He's commonly underestimated

#142 Posted by Static Shock (51750 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: That fight was in a Marvel Adventures comic book. It's not canon, therefore, the fight never took place in Marvel 616.

The only real encounter Surfer had with Gladiator was when he used his cosmic awareness to detect Gladiator's weakness to certain forms of radiation and then tell him about it.

#143 Posted by alosha (159 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys cant be serious captain atom would destroy gladiator with ease

#144 Posted by Bo88gdan (5407 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator