Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Based off my knowledge of Meta Knight he fought a warrior so strong he had to be locked away and won, so I believe Meta Knight wins.

badgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By badgame

This could go anyway considering:

Ganondorf is one of the most powerful characters in the series, mostly due to his frequent possession of the Triforce of Power. Even without it, his magical powers are still extremely potent. In Ocarina of Time he possessed some magical abilities before obtaining the Triforce, shown when he blasts Link with dark magic and plagues the Great Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, and Lord Jabu Jabu with monsters. In Twilight Princess he obtains powers of the Twili and enter Zelda's body to control it. In The Wind Waker, Ganondorf was shown to be powerful enough to take a blast from Valoo (Great dragon of dragon roost island) and survive after his full power had returned to him. Also in The Wind Waker he manipulates the weather on the entire Great Sea, quote from the ingame dialouge: "So...that foul rain and endless night were indeed elements of a curse brought on us by Ganon! He must intend to cast this land into pure darkness for all time.."

Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape on the other hand allows him to manipulate space, and is a powerful weapon in its own right. Meta Knight most commonly wraps it around himself to teleport away. In the games, Galaxia (Meta Knights sword) is capable of shooting out sword beams and standard sword moves.

Meta Knight would win it if it came down to a mere physical sword-battle but I think Ganondorf is too powerful for Meta Knight to handle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@badgame: I think you toned down Meta Knight a bit. Galaxia is capable of shooting not only sword beams, but barriers of energy & fire, he can completely electrocute the ground with his sword, he can shoot energy tornadoes out of it, he can heal himself, turn himself into a tornado of fire and energy. Galaxia can absorb energy that is shot at him, and can block attacks that can decimate steel without a scratch. He single-handedly defeated and killed Galacta Knight, who was a threat on a galaxy level.

Meta Knight is a lot older than Ganondorf too. Ganondorf is somewhere around 500 years old, Meta Knight is over 50,000 years old.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MorganFreeman

The problem here is that Ganondorf will keep fighting unless specific items are used on him. The Master Sword and Silver Arrows are the only known things capable of killing Ganon/dorf. He can be hurt by other weapons but he just recovers and continues fighting. Even if Meta Knight were superior in every way by a large margin and battered Ganon for years nonstop with his standard equipment, he couldn't actually kill Ganon unless he had either of the two items I mentioned.

Long story short: Meta Knight cannot win this fight under these conditions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MorganFreeman said:

The problem here is that Ganondorf will keep fighting unless specific items are used on him. The Master Sword and Silver Arrows are the only known things capable of killing Ganon/dorf. He can be hurt by other weapons but he just recovers and continues fighting. Even if Meta Knight were superior in every way by a large margin and battered Ganon for years nonstop with his standard equipment, he couldn't actually kill Ganon unless he had either of the two items I mentioned.

Meta Knight can teleport him to a distant place in space.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

Am pretty sure Silver Arrows have been retconned and the only thing that can actually defeat Ganon is the Master Sword. Aside from the two games with Silver Arrows, they haven't been shown at all, its always been just the Master Sword that has defeated Ganon. Which if you look at it makes sense, the Master Sword is evil's bane and has the power to vanquish evil...so why bother having silver arrows if the Master Sword can destroy evil and more?(Protection from curses, transformations, etc)

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sethlol

Super Smash Bros is that way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer said:

Am pretty sure Silver Arrows have been retconned and the only thing that can actually defeat Ganon is the Master Sword. Aside from the two games with Silver Arrows, they haven't been shown at all, its always been just the Master Sword that has defeated Ganon. Which if you look at it makes sense, the Master Sword is evil's bane and has the power to vanquish evil...so why bother having silver arrows if the Master Sword can destroy evil and more?(Protection from curses, transformations, etc)

I feel like that's hyperbole since Ganondorf can be hurt by his attacks being deflected back at him.

@Sethlol: I play that game all the time lol. Though I wish they gave MK all his powers.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By beautifulrevery

@logy5000 said:

@MorganFreeman said:

Your original post said fight to the death hence no BFR. You may want to edit the OP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: Eh nevermind. BFR is a lame way to win anyway.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NeonGameWave

Meta Knight is awesome and he is pretty strong but I don`t think he can take on Gannondorf.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer
@logy5000 said:

@Wolfrazer said:

I feel like that's hyperbole since Ganondorf can be hurt by his attacks being deflected back at him.

@Sethlol: I play that game all the time lol. Though I wish they gave MK all his powers.

I never said that Ganon couldn't be hurt by other attacks, just only defeated truly by the Master Sword.
Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganon should win.

Since this is most likely composite Ganon, he has all shown powers including teleportation, summoning monsters, and being able to move freely between the normal world and the Twilight realm.

Plus the Triforce of Courage gives it's possessor immortality unless sealed by the Master Sword so honestly, unless Meta Knight is given a master sword, Ganon cannot lose since he cannot die.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer
@UltimateHero0406 said:

Ganon should win.

Since this is most likely composite Ganon, he has all shown powers including teleportation, summoning monsters, and being able to move freely between the normal world and the Twilight realm.

Plus the Triforce of Courage gives it's possessor immortality unless sealed by the Master Sword so honestly, unless Meta Knight is given a master sword, Ganon cannot lose since he cannot die.

You mean Triforce of Power. :P Though am positive Meta Knight wouldn't be able to wield the Master Sword even if he found it, Link is the only one who can wield it being chosen by the gods and being a true hero.
Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

Ganon should win.

You mean Triforce of Power. :P Though am positive Meta Knight wouldn't be able to wield the Master Sword even if he found it, Link is the only one who can wield it being chosen by the gods and being a true hero.

Lol yeah, Triforce of Power.

And the only advantage Meta Knight would have is flight and speed I think. Other than that, Ganon has too much power. Plus I'm not sure about the specifics, but he can posses people as well.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MorganFreeman

@logy5000 said:

Then what? Ganon's just floating around as he did in the final cutscene of Ocarina of Time. He hasn't lost unless a non-lethal BFR somehow counts as a win in a fight to the death.

@Wolfrazer said:

The Master Sword never really killed Ganon until the Oracle games despite being introduced a few games earlier in the series. The Master Sword hurt Ganon enough for a Silver Arrow to finish the job. Kind of like chopping the limbs off a vampire. You won't kill the vampire until you drive a stake through the heart, or in Ganon's case, a Silver Arrow. The Master Sword possibly killed Ganon in Wind Waker depending on which side of the debate you are on (was he sealed in a rock or killed? There's no confirmation of either). So really the only confirmed kill on Ganon from the Master Sword is the linked ending of the Oracle games. I'll mention that it probably would have killed Ganon in Twilight Princess had Zant not beaten Link to the punch.

The problem is the Silver Arrows are an instrument of killing Ganon and the series has, for some unknown reason, chosen to move on to sealing Ganon in order to win. Which does make some sense as Ganon constantly reincarnates so just destroying a physical shell isn't a permanent solution.

... I did not mean to go off on such a tirade. My apologies.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer
@MorganFreeman:  I never said kill, just defeat. As for why sealing instead of just outright killing Ganon? Well lets look at it this way, Ganon for some reason is important to the Zeldaverse, given that he has the Triforce of Power weither he steals it or it is just outright given to him by the gods. I tend to look at it like he is the Yang to Link's Ying, Link need Ganon and Ganon needs Link, much in the same way Batman needs Joker and Joker needs Batman. Besides Ganondorf is one of(or the) greatest Nintendo antagonists of all time, you can't just go and off a great and loved character like that. 

So ya my theory, is that he is important to the Zeldaverse just as Link and Zelda are given all 3 are chosen by the gods to wield immense power. Eventually Ganon will return, its only a matter of not if but when.
AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganondorf kinda wins by default if one has to kill the other.

Otherwise, Meta Knight basically stomps Ganon. The guy pretty much destroyed Galacta Knight, who was confirmed to be planetary level in Robobot.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Otherwise, Meta Knight basically stomps Ganon. The guy pretty much destroyed Galacta Knight, who was confirmed to be planetary level in Robobot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganon via demon lvl magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex: i doubt Meta knight can kill satan of zeldaverse,pure embodiment of evil, hatred and malice. Meta knight has to have power of evil's bane

AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurcurry89: That kind of logic is tricky. I doubt Ganon could beat Galacta Knight, who was destroying planets for fun and cutting holes in dimensions.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy Ganon for the Win.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex said:

@arthurcurry89: That kind of logic is tricky. I doubt Ganon could beat Galacta Knight, who was destroying planets for fun and cutting holes in dimensions.

Ok in term of haxes it doesn't matter sometimes physical power. Ok so what this galacta knight is gonna do when Ganon is gonna just use Dark Wave to depower him ? Or smash Galacta knight's soul like a bug ? Or just mind control him like he did to Divine Beast and Naydra ( divine being from heavens ). Ganon's aura is covered with malice which touch will drain life energy regardless of physical durability. Or just death spell.

Dude i like Meta knight and Galacta knight but sometimes in term of haxes, experience and great versatility u just have powers which will make opponent's abilities useless regardless of feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex:

Ok i know Kirbyverse is very powerful because it reached galaxy lvl guys or planet busters but Zeldaverse despite has too less universe/multi-universe characters by feats it reached underworld/heavenly realms what is a powerful thing. Like power of omnipotent triforce

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meta Knight stomps. He scales well to Kirby, and he has feats of his own that compare. Honestly, Ganon cannot even react to his speed.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganon rushes at Meta Knight. Meta Knight disappears with his Dimensional Cape. Ganon falls off the stage and can't make it back with his shit recovery. Ganon dies

10/10 Meta Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: @deathhero61: smash bros is not canon. Lool. In canon feats ganon wrecks via spells capable of taking down divine beings

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheTruthIII

@thetruthiii: @deathhero61: smash bros is not canon. Lool. In canon feats ganon wrecks via spells capable of taking down divine beings

No Caption Provided

Your argument is invalid. F outta here you low-tier Ganon main smh

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He keeps up with kirby in the games, making him FTL, and planet level in physicals. Ganon's getting blitzed and oneshotted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurcurry89 said:

He keeps up with kirby in the games, making him FTL, and planet level in physicals. Ganon's getting blitzed and oneshotted.

You cannot hurt ganon with powers from mortal plane. only way is asking this NOVA wish granting planet/reactor to ask for banishment to underworld or evil/malice/hatred bane sword. Ganon is spiritual entity. Embodiment of hatred and malice. Ganon can stop time what would make Meta Knight blitz completely useless

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurcurry89: So in other words only magic users can kill him?

I think yes. In some verse like in comics there are entities or magic users which cannot be even hurt by anything physical. Ganon is himself malice and hatred of Demise ( Satan of zeldaverse ). U need ultimate cosmic weapons or divine weapons of evil's bane to beat Ganon

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meta Knight due to being too fast for slowy slow low tier Ganon in Smash xD.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see these planet level stuff for Meta Knight...but if he really is close to Kirby's level, yeah, I see Ganondorf getting punted to outer space or otherwise obliterated.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DeathHero61

@amethystgravity said:

I'd like to see these planet level stuff for Meta Knight...but if he really is close to Kirby's level, yeah, I see Ganondorf getting punted to outer space or otherwise obliterated.

Its simple, Meta Knight scales to Kirby. They have traded blows before, and have fought many of the same opponents, Meta Knight even has better speed feats than Kirby.(Kirby relying on the warp star to get to planet to planet, while Meta Knight precisely flies from planet to planet with his wings.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meta Knight due to being too fast for slowy slow low tier Ganon in Smash xD.

TO THE GOD SAKE ! SMASH IS NOT CANON !

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what ? Ganon can just remove light from dimension turning it into twilight turning meta knight into roaming soul. He could just close ( like blessed by him Zant ) him in mystic envelope instantly like in twilight princess covering the castle. Ganon can just quickly conjure the phantom which cannot be destroy by weapons from mortal plane ( only existence erasuring or evil's bane abstract powers )

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurcurry89: Removing the light was done by stealing light from the light spirits, so there's no reason to think that Ganondorf could do that anywhere he wants. That magic shield got blown to bits by Midna with the fused shadows, so I don't see why Meta Knight, who apparently scales to planet-busters, couldn't do the same. I didn't beat Ocarina of Time, so I don't know much about the phantom.

@deathhero61: But does that mean that Waddle Dees (like Bandana Dee) and King Dedede also receive said scaling? Though, IIRC waddle dees can participate in the megaton punch contest thing, and King Dedede was noted in Robobot as being one of the most powerful beings on the planet, so maybe it isn't too far fetched.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: King Dedede is a tossup since he consistently gets clowned by Kirby. So IDK about that. Meta Knight has been a solid rival for Kirby.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheTruthIII

This is Ganondorf

No Caption Provided

This is Meta Knight

No Caption Provided

Like, this isn't even debatable. How is some overweight clown whose last name is "Dorf" gonna beat a badass with a teleporting cape who literally has the word "meta" in his title? Not happening.

I mean, just look at the tier list

No Caption Provided

Ganon is so freaking garbage they had to put a SPACE in between him and the garbage tier so he doesn't infect them with his garbage and make them Ganon-Garbage. I'd rather face Galactus with a potato than Meta Knight with Ganondorf. Lock this mismatch

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meta knight is meta in brawl. gandorf is like g tier

AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: How could Fox be that much lower than Falco? They have basically all the same moves, except Fox is faster.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex said:

@thetruthiii: How could Fox be that much lower than Falco? They have basically all the same moves, except Fox is faster.

No clue. I don't like the Furry Trio because their fall speed makes aerial combos near-unsustainable. This is also an early tier list, nearly everyone shifted positions later on.

Well

Except Ganongarbage

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: bruh no one plays brawl git gud m8

Well Meta Knight isn't considered top tier in Smash 4, so that means the community is stupid. And I don't play with stupid people.

Gonna whup some ass in Ultimate though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Ganondorf

No Caption Provided

This is Meta Knight

No Caption Provided

Like, this isn't even debatable. How is some overweight clown whose last name is "Dorf" gonna beat a badass with a teleporting cape who literally has the word "meta" in his title? Not happening.

I mean, just look at the tier list

No Caption Provided

Ganon is so freaking garbage they had to put a SPACE in between him and the garbage tier so he doesn't infect them with his garbage and make them Ganon-Garbage. I'd rather face Galactus with a potato than Meta Knight with Ganondorf. Lock this mismatch

JEEEESUS CHRIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is no canon morons. In canon feats he takes meta knight down with death or depowering spells. Only powers from immortal planes can hurt ganon.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: good luck hopefully I catch you online so I can give you the down air into the pits of hell from ganon